Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'Lhiannon Sidhe' CD - (Mistress of Evil 2004)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - 'Lhiannon Sidhe' CD - (Mistress of Evil 2004)

tract
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 23:54
Mistress of Evil – Lhiannon Sidhe
2004, CD
More information http://www.mistressofevil.com

This first Cd from M.o.E is a fine collection of dark night music from a diverse range of artists. Mastered by Xenomorph the production is faultless. M.o.E should be thanked for making available this first class selection of dark, psychedelic night music that avoids cheesy samples and formulaic structures. This is real night music, as dark and psychedelic as it gets.

1.Intro
2.Mussy Moody – Evil Forces
3.Mubali – M.O.E.
4.Xenomorph – Maladjusted Noise Experiments
5.ParaHalu – In Nomine
6.Fractal Cowboys – Mega Jesus on Evil
7.Ghreg on Earth – Chapel Perilous
8.Amanda – Identity Crisis
9.The Nomimous – Impulses
10.Penta – Too Cold

1.Intro - A minute of dark brooding noise that permits you to ease into the rest of the offerings. A good start to what promises to be a dark and twisted CD

2.Mussy Moody – Evil Forces A spooky start to this one from Mussy that begins with a slow deep kick as the darkness slides in all around you. The kick is a bit bloated for what I like but the track does move around nicely with some good percussion and FX achieving it’s aim with a psychedelic twist. Reminds me a lot of earlier Para Halu tracks if this is any indication. Some great percussion and a nice break around the 3.30’ mark.

3.Mubali – M.o.E. This is one of the favorites on the compilation for me, hard dark, compressed kickdrums, rattling of chains and an ethereal and very morbid feel to the work. Great liquid digital noises that slide in and out and a ghostly ambience that offsets the clean crispness of the percussion. Play it loud and wait for the grating synths to do their thing.

4.Xenomorph – Maladjusted Noize Experiments Xenomorph is a master of dark nigh time psychedelic trance and it has been a while since I have heard some of his work. This is trademark darkness, brilliant composition with layered textuality and well crafted sound scapes that reach for hell in an experiment gone wrong. Trully scary and deeply moving night music from Xenomorph and reason in and of itself to buy this compilation. The sample of ‘the flesh has been ripped from the bone’ just completes the picture for me. You have been warned!

5.Para Halu – In Nomime Probably my favourite track (next to impulses) with hard punching kickdrums and dark sweeping FX. Taking no prisoners this twists and winds up into an absolute monster of a track that is unrelenting but sophisticated with a strong emphasis on twisting your brain into eternity. The breakdown and sample at 2’28 is absolutely brilliant and the track explodes shortly thereafter. Total smasher!

6. Fractal Cowboys – Mega Jesus on Evil This is too fast for my liking, I’m not to sure of the BPM but it is flying along all the way through the music. A very light kickdrum doesn’t assist the picture but the track has some redeeming elements in the FX and effects layered over the top. Not one of the strongest tracks on the compilation but to their credit Fractal Cowboys havn’t adopted the usual formula and do utilize some unique tricks to make the excursion different.

7. Ghreg on Earth – Chapel Perrilous Ghreg on Earth also known as Phosphene is a very promising artist from Sanfrancisco who seems to go from strength to strength. His work here is good, in fact it is very very good. It’s dark machine music that screams at you to worship and does not relent. Slower, heavily compressed kick drums and deep driving oscillations and echo’s punctuate the dark digital space. This track is seeing high rotation on my cd player. Great work, strong music.

8.Amanda – Identity Crisis Another really good track from an artist I had not previously heard of. Beginning with a beautiful breakbeat kick from the intro this opens right up with twisting screams, tin percussion and stuttered drums that punch nicely. The music carries plenty of energy and drives along well fitting in easily with the likes of Cyanescens and other artists of this vein. I hope we hear more from Amanda in the future as this is a very promising start and is a definite in my sets.

9. The Nomimous – Impulses Hands down this is my favorite track on the M.O.E compilation. It is fast but not over the top, pumps the dancefloor and doesn’t mess around with pretenses of being evil, it gets down to business and drives your brain home like a nail gun to the wall. Clean and very clear elements and fx add to the overall picture of a dark monster that impressed me very much on the first listen. Some big names behind this one too which makes the end result even more enjoyable as they deliver the goods here. Brilliant work!

10.Penta – Too Cold No chill out track here to end this first compilation from MoE!! but a dance floor smasher from Penta who as always has produced another impeccably dark psychedelic track that will kill any dance floor. Trademark Penta kicks open this up with the usual great standard of composition and musical completion. Definitely one of his stronger tracks that conveys the dark night time feel and a driving space. Plenty of alien communication here

7/10 – A great first release from M.o.E that people should buy to support underground psychedelic music. I bow down to the Mistresses!

http://www.killahtea.com/

Underground Psychedelic Nightmusic
alienfreaksho:)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Oct 22, 2004 00:27
yes this cd is one to have for the night timers..all the artists rock!!
i agree with much of your review and i will say yes fractal cowboys is a new thing entirely so theres not much to compare it to...over time i hear their sound progressing and getting deeper///not all the tracks are that fast..
(tho i like the really fast tracks..not for a whole set but some thrown in to keep us on track) and i like megajesus but im known to like intense music:)

nommos track rocks i cant wait to hear their albuM! penta of course penta always on the favorites list...so consistent and crazy!~

amanda's track was one of her first so yes she is one to watch out for...all the sf artists (mubali and ghreg too) really have been progressing and are slowly creating a new sound...the best is when they all get together and write...some serious creativity at work!

so YAYAYAYY MOE im sure the trance cosmos will be waitng for whats next!!!!

big peace!~
          freaks unite!!!!
Satyr
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Oct 22, 2004 00:37
"I sense something.
A presence I've not felt since... "

if cd's could come in pentagram shape,
this would definitely be the first

very strong release & great review!
my pers. favs:

2. mussy moody's black magic
4. crossing the styx with the grandwizzard
6. hot-diggity-dang-diddley-doo, damn spicey stew!

it takes a certain dark vision
to perceive
the true colors of the night

:: magick musick ::           
www.satyrsatellites.com
www.soundcloud.com/satyr
www.soundcloud.com/satyr-barbarossa
Shimmer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 22, 2004 08:48
Loved this release...except for Mussy Moody's track...it didn't do much apart from exist.

Highlight(s): Para Halu, Xenomorph and Fractal Cowboys. They are first class tracks!           _______________________________-______________________________
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Oct 22, 2004 18:09
Nice compilation.

Great tunes from Ghreg on Earth, Xenomorph, Para Halu and Penta.

The rest doesn't really do it for me, but interesting sounds from all the artists that there is for sure people who will appreciate it I don't doubt.

Tastefully compiled all in all I must say.
Fractal cowboys is the only one I personally can't get along with at all.           (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 23, 2004 14:42
boom to M.O.E. recs for a very very killer dark underground compilation ... this is definately one of the best in 2004 ...
and a very neat review by tract DeamonTea
uv doofy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 17:53
finally some girls with balls,
great new compi from MOE, bold and non compromising.
i can see this label is going to be a platform for a new voice in trance. this is evil in the good sense, (no body parts scattered all over).
stay strong out there, SF trance roooocks.
love
uv
DJAmanita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 18:35
Quote:

On 2004-10-25 17:53, uv doofy wrote:
finally some girls with balls,
love
uv

Most guys would get upset if they found girls with balls. Cheers to you for being open minded.

I heard this cd last night with a friend and let me tell you its haunting. The best number was the Ghreg On Earth track IMO. Damn Mr.Earth your track scared the dog out of the house and made the neighbors baby cry. You should be proud.

Thanks MOE....
David(KIVA)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 25, 2004 22:02
I agree with spindrift- doesn't really do it for me- I did like the structure of the nommos track though. In regard to other songs, they just seemed to not go anywhere. Good luck to the label and their efforts.

Don't know where people go on saying this is a new sound for the genre though, I mean does anyone remeber Black Rhino in 97'-with tracks like -Alienated - Not For Children or Slinky Wizard -Fist Full of Mutants. The nommos were making tracks like these on Kosmokrator- remember Po-Tolo(B-Sirius mix) or even K.U.R.O had that sound years ago. or even the japanese group Ubar Tmars album True. OK OK so it wasnt mastered with the same technology but IT AINT SOMETHING NEW.

Demon Tea-
While this comp does avoid cheesy samples and formulaic stuctures IT DOES on the other hand have scary samples and formulaic dark structures.
Its all formulaic in the end. Thank god for that or else it just might be something else all together.

Just because it is dark and mysterious, I dont think it gives anyone who listens to this style of music the right to say that somehing else is formulaic because making the descission to produce dark music requires one to approach a dark or scary mysterious formula. ( --lets get some chains and throw some screams in it -- Yeah thats it!) Or else how would it sound the way it does to you when you first hear it?

Right on though, good to see the style re-surfacing again. Not my cup of tea. but a style to be noticed non the less.
          http://soundcloud.com/djkiva
Genetix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Oct 26, 2004 13:00
nice release finaly from somebody lately. fractal cowboys impress me much. keep up the good work. the yound female wizard from denamrk Mussy show real promise hear. nice track from her. goe tracks is good too. keep up the good work Megan. can't whait to hear your next compil           Peace Love Unity Respect and Underground
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 26, 2004 22:57
thanks for the nice review, and for the comments!
We are trying to bring you some real psychedelic music that will leave a nice impact on you and make you dance your a** off! from the feedback i've heard it seems to be working!
If you like Lhiannon Sidhe, look for some of the same artists, plus more insanity coming very soon
M.o.E loves you!
mwah ha ha           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Oct 28, 2004 04:20
real good nighty compi...
played the parahalu track realy killah on the p.a!
also mubali track kix ass fatt basslines
          www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Oct 28, 2004 14:46
Yeap Girls You Done Here Very good job.

One Of The Most Morbid V.A This Year.

My Favorits Trax:

Xenomorph - What can i say malada crazy work darkness atmosphere sound os perfect and the goa mind ahhhh mark is totally insane.

The Nommos - Goa Gil is Show us what he know to do with his last cells kicking ass track fx is make me hide from the dance floor realy like it in night party time.

Para Halu - Insane work on this track and the opera sample is just driveing me craaazyyyy..

Fractal Cowboys - Sound fast funky psychedelic track and remind a new russian style nice track guys keep it up.

Ghreg on Earth - yes and this track is also in the fav list original ideas and tricks sound is smash ya all and very trippy grooves in it this guy is vert talent artist.

The rest is also great penta.mubali,amanda and mussy

9/10 And Mastering is also good as well

girls keep the morbid work.

all the best with this sickness label.

bomzz

Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
Genetix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Oct 28, 2004 17:53
did i mentioned that Fractal Cowboys track is brain muderrer. really eating you. very insane and powerfull energy there. very good track. i start to love it. it makes me dance like mad. keep up the good work!           Peace Love Unity Respect and Underground
Memory Loss
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Oct 29, 2004 10:00
What a CD,OMG..
Amazing Dark Choises Girls!!
Love Every Second Of It!!!!!
Briilent Work From Each Artist!!!
Crazy Mastering!!!
One Of The Best Cd's This Year!!!!!
Keep Them Coming!!           Skate 0R Die
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'Lhiannon Sidhe' CD - (Mistress of Evil 2004)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance