Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'Lhiannon Sidhe' CD - (Mistress of Evil 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - 'Lhiannon Sidhe' CD - (Mistress of Evil 2004)

David(KIVA)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Dec 28, 2004 03:45
moondancer, Voice of All

you should read my post on pg1.           http://soundcloud.com/djkiva
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Dec 28, 2004 08:05
hell-o
thanks for all your feedback... for some of you this comp was midblowing and for others, not exactly your cup of tea so to speak... congratulations on discovering the ultimate reality of music, that it is all perception... what is beautiful to some is pond scum to another. keep your ears open for our next comp. coming soon in feb. 2005: "Trauma Trance Vol. 1"
peace
megan           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Dec 28, 2004 17:06
2 Mistress of Evil: Hi, men! I want to ask you some questions about your label image. If you don't want to reply here in the topic not truly connected with my current message please PM me your reply.
Why you guys have such strange name? Don't believe that it is your true style. All these evil ideas... Why? 'Cause your music is darkpsy? I know that many musicians in different styles are often choose the 'satan' image to impress their fans. But it is trance and I wonder who interested in such symbols. I don't realy care of anybody who want to shock people with all those devil things but I don't understand why such frames are in trance music.
Hope that your image will have needed popularity and also hope that you wouldn't cross the line between imagemaking and disrespect to religious feelings of anybody.
Thanks for reply.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Dark_Dork
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 28, 2004 19:31
Trauma Trance... Sounds a bit K-Mart Sure it will be blasting.
Peace
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Dec 28, 2004 20:35
One thing that should be pointed out about the label owners... Mistress of Evil records is run by three wonderful ladies here in San Francisco. There are things in this world that are considered evil, and there are those that find beauty in things that are considered evil and dark and "demonic". There is some psychedelic trance that have their roots deep into industrial music and therefore it's emphasis isn't the bright happy shiny bliss thing that you find in most morning music. However this doesn't mean that the focus of this music is to spread fear or bring about imagery of Satan or someother misconcepted notion of this style of music.
The psychedelic experience as a whole is one that transverse the human ego. This process isn't always one like an ecstasy trip, sometimes the psychedelic experience can be frightening at first, but unveil a truth that would have been obscured by false pretenses.
To make an analogy to this... To expect all psychedelic experiences and psychedelic trance to be happy and some yellow submarine type blissful grinning ear to ear life is wonderful, is like walking around wearing tinted spectacles. Yes it will give the spin that you want it to have, but it will not be an accurate representation of the world around you.

I do not have anything against morning music that is "happy" , but I do also feel for a fully rounded journey, the darker end of the spectrum is also one that should be accurately represented.

Generally speaking, none of the music that is labelled as "evil" really portrays as much demonic imagery as it is incinuated it does, but at the same time, it isn't neccesarily supposed to be the stereotypical fluffy music that gets played a lot out here as well.

Personally, I don't find any music that is labelled evil to be evil. It just contains some qualities that other music of it same genre does not. The perpective of the music is supposed to change from listener to listener and for me the psychedelic experience is a full fledged journey, crushing the human ego (which can be frightening) but also teaching the individual more about themselves for going through the experience. For me the scariest music I have heard would be Astrix.... hehehe...           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Dec 29, 2004 05:10
voice of all and others,
thanks for your questions. we knew going into this that with a name like mistress of evil records we would probably 1) have some instant fans 2) instantly lose a number of potential fans and 3) confuse the heck out of people...
we are trying to be more carfeul with the wording and portrayal of our label "image". those of you who know us understand all our little inside jokes, but for such a widespread audience, we need to define our intent very cleary! For more info on our label, including the story behind it, our vision and intentions you can check our website or check out our interview in entrance magazine that address all these issues plus more...
www.mistressofevil.com
www.entrancemagazine.com (issue 007, august 2004)
if you still want more clarification feel free to pm me, i'd love to answer any questions you might have...
see we are not truly "evil" afterall... i don't bite (unless of course you ask me too, mwah ha ha)...           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
Shaktycat

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 29, 2004 14:51
Quote:

mubali wrote:

For me the scariest music I have heard would be Astrix.... hehehe...

Yep, Mr.Mubali got it right!
And i must add:
I could get evil myself having to listen to "lalala" trance...while with the real twisted stuff a big smile can just shine on my face!!!
Please, keep on showering us with it!!

...maybe when a rmx of Bjork's "Violently Happy" is released, people would understand better...eh..eh..

:: Sub Kuch Milega ::
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Dec 30, 2004 14:20
I don't ever talk about scary, fear or any other moods in this music. In music listened or produced any of us can include any moods. The problems strat when this moods are illustrate with some kind of symbols. Even names of tracks mean less then MOE6661 as code of disk production. When you give code like this to disk of your label it imho tell that your image is more meaningful then with first look.
Here in Russia (and I think something like this is in other counries) some musicians have strong satanic image and their music is not realy different form many other musicians of the genre. Things like it is in trance music too. We have very top disk by Menog and it contain scarry and fear moods but haven't any connection with evil image. There is also Artifakt, Shift, Winter Demon and others who also 'imaging' themselves as pscyho-mad-darkside-demonic I think that very important do not fall into antireligious pattern 'cause it is bit badtased and the whole image lose part of its infernality.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Satyr
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Dec 30, 2004 18:03
i never call it evil or dark or whatever ..
i usually say:
my doctor doesnt allow me to listen to this music.

.. but what may be "anti-religious" about it,
i dont understand.
according to different sources, the devil in christianity
is nothing else than a modern shadow of Shiva, whom Christ encountered on his journey thru india,
yet draped with all the negative symbology christian engineers could come up with, so far.

many psy:people still use serious hinduistic & buddhistic symbols
while they dont know what they mean or even use them
appropriate to their religious background.

i think that's more "anti-religious" (or hypocrite)
than to acknowledge the Lucifer strain, apparent in our universe.

even more "anti-religious" it is to wear a cross as a christian.
"do you think when christ returns to earth
he'd ever want to see a cross again?"
(thanks to prophet bill hicks)

hmmm .. never thought this compi would make the philosophies come out,
but there u have it *

(btw noone is 100%free from hypocrisy:
i also use the ohm as my flag ..
i'm not a hindu, maybe more of a pantheist,
but if i could upload my 'own' flag, u could see
how another sanskrit symbol from the 'ohm family'
and a wedjat hieroglyph are incorporated in my monogram.)

www.satyrsatellites.com
www.soundcloud.com/satyr
www.soundcloud.com/satyr-barbarossa
H2O
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 4, 2005 00:46
Sound pretty damn bad except Penta and Xenomorph but music is psychedelic from all artists. Nice compilation.
chrisesca

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 15, 2005 01:16
Hey Everyone... THANKS so much for your comments, good bad or indifferent. I was recently at a party that Void played at and sat at the back while many of us complained about how bad the music was... to which I replied that look inside, there are many people getting off to this music... you know at our parties we are dancing hard, really getting off while there'll be someone in back saying this is the worst music ever...

What I'm saying is it takes all kinds, both in people and in music and I for one am thankfull for all the honest comments and the openmindedness to first and formost give our CD a listen.

It's not for everyone to be sure and I personally wouldn't want it any other way!

~Christine, M.o.E.

Become a ray of darkness in an otherwise unbearably sunny day.
moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jan 21, 2005 01:05
Quote:
moondancer, Voice of All

you should read my post on pg1.

oh yes indeed, so you say the "formula" is even older than what I thought... interesting           “I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.”

Charles M. Schulz
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Apr 4, 2005 21:18
Quote:

On 2004-10-25 22:02, David(KIVA) wrote:

Don't know where people go on saying this is a new sound for the genre though, I mean does anyone remeber Black Rhino in 97'-with tracks like -Alienated - Not For Children or Slinky Wizard -Fist Full of Mutants. The nommos were making tracks like these on Kosmokrator- remember Po-Tolo(B-Sirius mix) or even K.U.R.O had that sound years ago. or even the japanese group Ubar Tmars album True. OK OK so it wasnt mastered with the same technology but IT AINT SOMETHING NEW.

Good insight!

Para Halu has a track with a good gimmick going on, and I like Ghreg On Earth's style (new album real soon, seems promising), and veterans Xenomorph and The Nommos provide some alright material... this one didn't work enough magic on me overall, however.

It does make me think that some more well-placed opera samples would be very very cool for this style.
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 7, 2008 10:45
I miss M.O.E What a beautiful release this was. Just gave it a hear earlier this morning, great sounds!

Xenomorph
Para Halu
Fractal Cowboys
Ghreg On Earth
The Nommos

...are simply amazing! Quality music from a quality label

BooM

ps - R.i.p.M.O.E : (
Ruberoid
Inactive User
Ruberoid

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 7, 2008 19:02
One of the best cds of 2004-2008           http://www.myspace.com/andreysp
HaKav HaYafe, Haro'e 59, Ramat-Gan, Israel
Let me take you on a T.R.I.P
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - 'Lhiannon Sidhe' CD - (Mistress of Evil 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance