Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - League of Shadows [Noize Conspiracy Recds 2007]

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - League of Shadows [Noize Conspiracy Recds 2007]

squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 14:52
league of shadows was released last month by greek label noize conspiracy. this is their 5th release following up last year's psychotic micro album. the line up and concept seems similar to that of their last compilation 'endangered species' with the difference being that this compilation goes alot darker with the likes of fungus funk and wicca (collaberation between claw and paranoize). well enough yapping, lets get down to the music.
1. abomination - revelations [145 bpm]: here israeli twilight monsters abomination come with their 1st release on noize conspiracy. the track starts off with a catchy guitar riff lead with a cool melody. the melody is aggressive and mean,and in this track is sort of over the top in the way its brought back again and again. its something not new to the abomination style of mayhem, but its new in the way that they use it. the percussion work is tight and lives up to what one expects from abomination. you can hear the work twisted work on this metallic edgy leads that this project is so well known for. the track has smooth progression and finally kicks in completely by 2.30. the entire groove to this track is just raw and aggressive like a weisel gone mad. the melodic leads also make an appearance only adding to the element of .. of.. well, mayhem . by the 4th minute theres the major break and the intro guitar riff is brought back as i mentioned earlier. some cool whispering samples, which i cant quite understand, slow buildup, great pads, the buildup is just epic, especially the way the electric guitar kicks in. the use of guitars might piss some people off, but the way they use it is just banging, reminds me alot of exaile's wicked guitar work. the guitar intro pretty much becomes the main melody, but that would be too simple to be the end of the story, accompanying it are those reallly edgy leads which pretty much take over by 6.50. its just an amazing trip to hear these guys do their work on the synth. for an opener this is something that will blow your socks off. and from a different perspective i know that some people might not like this track and think of it as too cheesy. but when push comes to show, if anyone plays this track at a party, expect to see alot of smiling faces 8/10.
2. digital talk - the keeper [145 bpm]: no twilight release is complete without a contribution from the french masters themselves. ever since i saw a video of them playing this track i was hooked (video by sonic motion records is somewhere in the promo section..). again as was with their track on va-samurai, im interested to see their work at 145 bpm. Track starts off with the usual spacey sounds and quickly the kick bass sets in and what an arrangement it is. the percussion work is massive and phat, and has a certain groove to it, i lyke. the fx come in and the track evolves with an edgy feel to it, by the 2nd minute the fx are all over the place with well placed squeeks and tweaks which lead to a break down. the build up leads to a sicker phatter groove (if that were possible) and the track evolves seamlessly. u can hear some new leads being used which are similar to the sounds of the collaberation with outer signal on the no rules track on samurai. the bassline shows some cool changes around the 4th minute, which pretty much keeps you hooked to the madness being pumped. the break in 4th minute is neatly pulled off, with eery pads and some god damn twisted fx, i love the tricks with the split beats. massive build up, and the track kicks backs like a 'freak' ahaha. the trademark digital talk leads are used and add to the paranoid feeling of the track. this is an awesome track with a very infectios bassline to it, and it lives up to the digital talk standards of demented mind boggling music . 9.5/10.
3. delysid - league of shadows [148 bpm]: this is the title track of this compilation and its been produced by the loco mofo's, delysid. stylistically speaking, it sounds alot like the zero gravity track on endangered species. it delivers futuristic, fast paced, edgy music with lots of melodies. This track starts off with a very catchy tune, and the tune is used over and over again in a way I haven’t seen in their earlier work. Not long into the track the kick bass kicks in and the style sort of reminds me of seroxat’s stuff off the combat album. The highs are well pulled off and the tone of the track is pretty much what one expects from the whole twilight spirit, melodic yet aggressive. There are lots of melodic noises coming and going which are similar to menog’s work. The progression is smooth and driven and the melody keeps coming in a really nice and refreshing way. Gives the track a sort of depth to it, and sure enough the track comes rushing back in with a barrage of sonic mayhem ending with the sample, ‘league of shadows’. Really thumping stuff, with some wonderful synths. Kind of lend the track a sad feeling, and a very driven powerful sound. To sum things up this is a great refreshing track, which lives up to what you expect from the title track and in this case what I expected from the delysid duo. 9/10.
4. seroxat – dark days [148 bpm]: the track starts off with the regular atmospherics but with this cool sample of a chick whispering. Im presuming this is the new member of seroxat judging from a recent post in the promo section. Anyways theres this tune in the beginning of the track which is something straight from the combat album, and there are these old seroxat sounds as well. The kick bass is pretty nice and kind of groovy. I like the way seroxat just plays with a bunch of synths and this new style of his is sort of mellowed out though. It’s a bit of grey area, at times it sounds really nice and at other times its sort of too cheesy. Anyways back to the track, at 148 bpm it’s a pretty hefty track that’s bound to get things moving. Around the 2nd minute theres a cool sort of buildup, with a woman sighing and heaving which I don’t like for some reason. Soon after theres some cool drum sounds used followed by a break. Comes out with a nifty melody, kind of like a mixture of his older work and his stuff from the combat album. There are some really nice ambient pads used in the background. Around the 4th minute the chick’s talking and heaving and stuff, again I don’t really like it too much but thankfully soon after the melodies come rushing back. And the chick’s samples are used rather nicely with the final break and then theres some mayhem happening with metallic and melodic leads meeting together. Altogether its an alright track. I don’t really dig it so much, I prefer his older harder tunes a lot more but that’s just me. In the end, im sure if a dj were to drop this one it would keep things moving along well. 6/10.
5. phatmatix – mind manipulation [146 bpm]: here we have another French monster making his appearance on this compilation. This man’s been belting out some stellar stuff recently and last I heard was working on his mindcore project along with 1 of the guys from digital talk. Anyways lets get to this track… the ride starts off with some very spooky sounds, that remind me of claw's track trauma kill off last year's chaporas tribal dance. crazy fx, chopped up voice samples and then b00m! an infectious, heavy bassline sets in with some screechy whispers and heavy breathing. man the work on the highs is intense with the track just spreading its tentacles all over you and squeezing your head. i LYKE :D. the lead used is what u can expect from phatmatix, though this time around they arent as spooky, sort of more focused and psychedelic. sounds alot like digital talk. theres this sort of buildup at the 3rd minute which is all phatmatix! the melody that comes out as class one scary stuff that will pretty much get people stomping without thinking. around 3.40 theres this new lead which is like a wobbly little beast which is just hypnotic. around the 4th minute the track gets more serious with some aggressive leads and a semi build up with the wobbly sound again, and then its off . this is the kind of bone crunching music every dj wants to drop on an unsuspecting crowd . and theres this melody at about 5.30 which i found very eery, and to make things heavier the characteristic demented leads come up and back the tune. what follows are some cool trick with wobbly muted kicks and things are moving again. some of the sounds used reminds me of old harsher hydraglyph (to be specific their track condition black). this track is another monster from the phatmatix lab and should most certainly be played at peak hours or to jump start a couple of stompin' zombies .9/10.
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 15:03
6. azax syndrom - replica (abomination rmx) [146 bpm]: just the sound of this track got me all excited when i read the tracklist the 1st time. After some digging through I found the original track (a bomb!) and its pretty much the classic azax syndrom sound from the days of shinjitzu and the covenant – and damn this rmx has big shoes to fill. The remix starts off with some atmospherics and the same sample as the original, hell even the bubbling sound that we all love is there, but the moment the kick bass sets in you know this is different. The kick bass is all abomination, and they bring the azax groove to it slowly and rather nicely. As with any other rmx hints of the main lead are dropped early in the track, and soon after you have some wicked edgy leads which is once again all abomination . the break around 2.50 is cool with some nice stereo fx and the kick back and buildup is really wicked, a great combination of both artists. Soon though there are more new sounds which lend the track an aggressive and edgy tone, and some more original sounds are dropped. Around 4.20 the main lead comes in with a build up, and there are a bunch of neat tricks used from splitted beats to massive distorted leads accompanied with a flanger effect. Damn this is tasty! By 5.30 the track is moving along again with full force, though the distorted lead in my opinion is too pronounced but that’s a matter of preference. Accompanying this distorted lead is the classic lead from the original and together its quite a combination really. The track has more groove to it than the original and in the last minute fades away smoothly, with these cool bubbly sounds and I think the use of a new sample from the movie underworld. Comparing the original with the rmx is a difficult task because the levels of production are different - the remix has a more polished sound to it and is groovier . The original on the other hand has a more aggressive darker tone it, which makes me like it more. As far as rmx’s go, this isn’t bad at all, and you can clearly see abomination lending their vision to the original and producing an awesome track. I think this track will live up to it’s expectations and will pretty much destroy any dancefloor . 8 /10.
7. fungus funk – noise waveform [146 bpm]: here we have veteran Russian producer fungus funk with another new release (the other one being on night oracle records). Iv never quite heard his music properly with the exception of a track here and there so I really didn’t know what to expect. Starts off with these salsa like highs and soon a groove sort of develops with these sounds and then a deep kick bass sets in. it has the Russian feel to it, dark grim and a little monotonous to me. There are some cool sounds being introduced, metal sweeps, and a weird kind of airy sound which lends a groove to the track. The work on the highs is cool, and soon u have a barrage of strange sounds hitting u from tweaked bleeps to creaking doors. Amongst all this chaos, it develops a sort of groove to it which i daresay is pretty nice. Metallic leads kick in and complete the picture. Theres a slow down around 3.10 which has a tribal kind of feel to it, and some interesting arrangement of beats, and by 3.50 the track has entered serious mode, with a new lead leanding it more dimension. At this point the track has an uncanny resemblance to gappeq’s rite machine off va – psionic imprint. The kick bass is reverbed to give that double kick kind of effect and its just deep and grim with these little melodies staying about. some cool acidic sounds play with your mind and definitely left a smile on my face. There are some good ol’ Russian leads as well, the kind of leads that I hear kdd play often, and theres the main lead which is all fungus funk. Reminds me of his work on the f people album a little, but there’s no cheese here just deep driving music. Im a little confused about this track, its not exactly stompin’ good but on the other hand its not bad, it has something to it which I cant put my hand on. On the other hand I think its missing something to give it some stand out quality. I don’t know maybe it’s just me and perhaps fans of dark russian music would appreciate it more. 7/10.
8. frozen ghost vs hiyarant – lockdown [148 bpm]: south African madmen, frozen ghost n hiyarant present us with this monster of a track. I’v been digging their sound for a long time now and this is a taste of things to come from their collaborative project, ‘dirty motion’. Starts off with some weird machine sounds coupled with a bunch of spacey sounds with lots of cool pads, and soon the kick bass is in!! deep aggressive and just god damn ruthless! Lots of cool sounds and interesting melodies, really well produced. You can make out a lot of the trademark frozen ghost sounds, especially if you heard his free metal on metal track. Around 1.45 theres this cool bit with a sleezy lead which is panned out all over the place, and the track kicks back in with full force. The most infectious thing about this track is that bassline, its like a huge giant is swinging all over the place. Really intense stuff, with machine sounds and sleezy dare I say funky in the meanest way possible grooves. Around 3.00 theres a sort of slow down, and the track kicks up again. The work on the highs is really nice, typical no non-sense south African attitude plastered all over. Around the 4th minute the sample finally kicks in - “LOCKDOWN!!” wow, the track bubbles like a lumbering giant with samples about a guy talking about rabid dogs, and the frozen ghost leads kick in along with some more melodic work which I think is all hiyarant, this pseudo-break kind of goes on well building really nicely for a whole minute and then the track evolves smoothly and chugs along like a beast! The main lead again sounds more like hiyarant but you know that frozen ghost is there all over too. This collaborative effort is really something, and you can hear clearly that these guys have some real chemistry happening between their sounds. This track is not for the fainthearted, and if you like the south African sound, your not going to want to miss this one. Looking forward to more releases from these two guys. 9/10.
9. wicca – California nightmare [150 bpm]: who ever thought that the end of this release would be a happy one obviously didn’t anticipate noize conspiracy bringing together the 2 evil beings known to us as claw n paranoize, a.k.a wicca to shatter that dream . the track starts off with a siren which turns into this acoustic guitar solo with the California sunshine sample playing, and a guy talking about having a safe trip to san diego. And then sanity leaves the building and wicca enters with a huge kick bass. Damn that’s a great sample to start with. The kick bass is again very deep and aggressive much like what we have had from this collaboration earlier. I like the stabby sounds and the overall feeling of pure dementia. The acidic claw leads are all over and you can hear the paranoize influence as well. By 1.50 the track is completely set, and there are some cool changes in the bassline, but the overall power levels are just insane! This track is out to destroy, and by 2.46 the track sort of slows down with some really scary pads and soon it goes into this cool serious tone and then a break with some really neat flanger fx, and the track kicks back in. it has a very relentless beat and the leads sort of remind me of kindzadza’s newer stuff, with super crazy percussion work. There are some haunting spacey screams and all kind of really eery pads that come and go, from bells tolling to something straight out of a sci fi horror flick. The interesting bit about this track is the way it keeps you hooked – never getting too monotonous. in the beginning of the 5th minute there is a cool break. These guys have lots of ideas and as a listener your pretty much a guinea pig in their sonic experiments. To sum up this track, its raw power, its grim, dark and pretty much meets my definition of hard core music, and above all fans of the widely popular deadly alliance will truly dig this track. Really hope to hear more of wicca in the future. 9.5/10.

This is pretty interesting release which builds up from the melodic sounds of abomination to the deranged work of wicca. All the tracks are stand out and have something appealing to them, just about the only tracks that Im not too hot about are the seroxat and fungus funk tunes. I’v spoken to a few friends who didn’t appreciate the more melodic tracks by abomination and delysid but I guess that all comes down to personal taste. This is a solid release which offers you a huge variety of sounds covering pretty much the melodic, the aggressive and the purely evil . cover art, I really liked the endangered species album cover but I didn't like this one, the tongue on the alien looks weird to me but hey you can always check it out and judge for yourself:
http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ncc1cd005_b.jpg:CDs/ncc/ncc1cd005.html:;
big up to noize conspiracy and the artists involved on a killer job. Lookin forward to the delysid album

favourates: 2,3,5,6,8,10
overall: 8.5/10
          www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 16:39
killer review for a killerrr cd .. not jus killer..infact more thn killer ...
my intrest for this VA arised by lookin at the track list .. noize conspiracy recds r releasin bombs after bombs ..
Immensely created trax by abomination , my fav french act Digital talk -- yea I love the freak yellin at 5.56 min of this weary track ,, nice variations in this track ... another masterpiece by french masters
Also like'd delysid ,crunchy musik!! .. never like'd seroxat, I personally feel he's lackin some variations in his track..
...Phatmatix track is a bomb as well.. nice production as usual. ..
replica remix is too good... nice remix by the abominables, twilight at its best ...
wouu .. frozen ghost vs hiyarant .. nice duo love their acidic bassline... reminds me of old pHYX
all other trax r mediocre .. no offence ..
best luck for the future ...
Boom CD !!
!Ce M@n
          0x00000PSy
projekt^ufo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 18:34
listening to my copy so far on track 5.. killah journey till here.. killah compilations from best twilight giving records..
supahh review mate..           -=DIGITAL OM PRODUCTIONS=-
=-MOUNTAIN MADNESS NEPAL-=
>< we follow and preach ><
--=UNIVERSAL RELIGION=--
http://www.urnepal.com | http://www.digitalomproductions.com
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 19:24
really great cd... all tracks are very good except for the seroxat track but i havnt heard anything really good from him in the past year... and for some reason i liked the fungus funk track the best
projekt^ufo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 19, 2007 19:45
yeh listened to the compilation twice.. both abomination trax r killah.. lots of psychedelic sounds in this twilight copy.. gr8 cd..           -=DIGITAL OM PRODUCTIONS=-
=-MOUNTAIN MADNESS NEPAL-=
>< we follow and preach ><
--=UNIVERSAL RELIGION=--
http://www.urnepal.com | http://www.digitalomproductions.com
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 02:16
mike releases good vas looking forward to the release
electromagnetic waves from hot athens           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 10:34
Yea... This ones a total burner...!!
Very good release. Keep em coming!
          www.braindrop.in
The tRip Is!!
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 15:30
Killer project!!!
inetto

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 17:30
Its best compilation !
Addictive Elements
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 21, 2007 08:39
@ squirm....dudee! try and make ur review in a serial manner...in paragrafs or sumthin...its gettin very confusin n hard on d eyes to read it...thanx           ----- Hippies...they wanna save the earth....but all they ever do is smoke pot ----
Ganeisha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 21, 2007 13:38
Good compilation, but without a doubt that the best music on it is from Abomination. Killer!            life is short or to long so i can give myself the luxury of living it so bad.
----------------------------
http://www.magnetikagency.com
http://www.nexus-media.co.za
http://www.quest4goa.com
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jun 22, 2007 17:08
Dude angad im missing lines while reading, you seem to be in a rush i think.

My faVourites are WICCA, Phatmatix and abomination Remix of azax.

bom shiva            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 22, 2007 17:34
the tracks from digital talk and phatmatix are simply amazing. excelent comp           dont worry be hippie
Dj Matt
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 00:15
fucking killaa VA .. \m/
woow

one more time noize conspiracy release news bomb in world !!!

good luck mike

big BooM from brazil , yallaaaaaaaaaaa
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/djmattbrazil
:: Dj Matt (Flowers /New Trends) @ Brazil ::
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - League of Shadows [Noize Conspiracy Recds 2007]

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance