Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A In Crypto- Ketuh Records- Kthcd008 - A Personal Review

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A In Crypto- Ketuh Records- Kthcd008 - A Personal Review

full_lotus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 11, 2005 13:05
V/A In Crypto- Ketuh Records- Kthcd008

Title: Various Artists “In Crypto”
Catalogue nr: Kthcd008
Release: April 2005
Label: Ketuh Records (Portugal)
Compiled by: Dj P_Mac

Distribution: Arabesque
info@arab.co.uk
+4420 8993 5966

Ketuh Records
info@ketuhrecords.com

Mastered by: Joao Apell @ Audialize Studio, Cascais
GRaphx: http://www.ketuhrecords.com/releases

Tracklisting:

01 Gappeq - Theory of Everything
02 Zebra-N - Almost lost it
03 The Farting Parrot - iNTeLLecTual RecTuM
04 Insect Seeker - Russian Sounds
05 Double REL - Viva la wav
06 Hefty Output - Ghb Rmx
07 Pondscum - Out put 1-2 RMX
08 Paranoize - Fucking evil noise
09 Killer Buds - Every thing is a copy

‘In Crypto’, the 8th release from Ketuh records, and deeper underground is where we are taken,with some familiar names and some brand new artists.

As with the last 3 compilations, ‘Gappeq’ open’s this latest offering with ‘Theory of Everything’, his typical infectious hypnotic grooves present, alongside deep beats and sweeps, clean classical style production and overall morning feel. One of his best tracks to date.

‘Zebra-N’ come in next with ‘Almost Lost It. With a very catchy riff, this trippy growler pulsates along, taking you along for the ride, with a plethora of aural hallucinatory effects to keep your brain occupied and your body moving. Watch out for the beep.

Surely a contender for one of the funniest names for an act and track, ‘The Farting Parrot’ serve up ‘Intellectual Rectum’ in a no nonsense head to the floor 4-4 sonic nighttime assault. A voice calls out half way through, ‘This is the voice of friendship’ before you’re catapulted back into the frenzy. A rocking little number this one.

With a previous release on the ‘Peacemaker’ compilation, ‘Insect Seeker’ returns with another release for Ketuh, and treat us in the process to ‘Russian Sounds’. The track opens with some deceptive ambient sounds before launching into stomping tune with sounds coming at you from everywhere. Some good use of break beats here.

With a disturbing dark intro, Double REL unleashes ‘Viva la Wav’, an epic night style head messing mash up, with added funk factor. Very psychedelic, and not for the faint hearted, this will bash your psyche and scratch the inside of your brain. A very powerful tune.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any messier, it does. Hefty Output provides the acidic soundscapes of ‘Ghb remix’, with plenty of Australian TV samples and twisted bass lines. Better watch your head when listening to this one, you might forget where you placed it. A great debut for this Australian duo.

Another Australian act, ‘Pondscum’ also release their debut here. ‘Output 1-2 remix’, a pulsating driving dirty foot stomping number, with a mysterious mood and dripping fat psychoactive sounds and lots of wacked out noises to immerse yourself in. Looking forward to more from this act.

‘Fucking Evil Noise’, by Paranoize and the track name says it all. Pounding bass and searing synths, a gargantuan tune of the highest order. This is a psychedelic banger if ever I heard one and it’s pretty easy to lose yourself to the sounds in this. This tune is immense.

The last number comes courtesy of ‘Killer Buds’ and ‘Everything is a Copy’. A screaming melodic morning tune with the trademark sounds this duo are becoming renowned for. This brings your brain back from the night and into the sunshine. Hands in the air stuff.

On the whole, a very good compilation with focus and drive, taking you on a journey through some serious night time sounds rounded off with a dash of morning madness for good measure.

Enjoy

Turn On, Tune In, Trance Out!!!

http://www.psymusic.co.uk
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Apr 11, 2005 15:52
Big heartfelt Thank you bro! Great words
Great to see some input from my partner in Uk and India.

hope to cYa soooon!
Love to the family

to the rest . . . Enjoy as we do!

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Apr 13, 2005 16:37
thix compilation seems very great!!!!a lot of great names...i´m very curious about the doble rel track and the one by paranoize...           ...
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Apr 15, 2005 11:18
This compilation really surprised me!
I found some really nice tracks here, such as :

Insect Seeker - Russian Sounds
Hefty Output - Ghb Rmx
Pondscum - Out put 1-2 RMX
Paranoize - Fucking evil noise

Hoping for more Ketuh releases like this one!

Good Work!!!

D1SCO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 15, 2005 12:20
this is amazing!

my favs.

crazy stuff - love it!
-dudi-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Apr 16, 2005 01:01
wowowowo !!!
well done mr. p-mac
i dont usually take out time to write n e feedbacks here ,,,, but this compilation is absolutely fuckin stellar !!!
the pondscum track is completely OFF THE FUCKIN CHART !!! ,,,, omg ,,,, those psycho vibezzz,,,, crushing leads ,,, amazing synths and fx ,,, realllly happy to see australian psytrance heading in the right direction ,,,,
hefty output also a good track ,,, but i still feel they need to work more quality of production ,, EQ there trax properly ,,,

keep em coming man ,,,, this is what i like to hear,,,
will definitely be looking forward to buying your next compilation ,,, keep it real

KEEP THE VIBES ALIVE
HappYLeptiC
Double R.E.L. / Freeze

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 17, 2005 20:30
Hi there P-Mac & Ketuh crew !
we got the promo like a couple of weeks ago, & we gave it a couple of good listening time -
1st of all we r very glad 2 appear here twice with our Main Project & little Ariel's project (Tracks 3+5).
We liked it a lot - can't say i got fav's here b - cause they all cought our ears while listening each track in his own way tells his own story & that's 1 of the important things in a track..the story, i.m.o.
An excellent v/a way 2 go friend, Congregultions again !!!
The Double R.E.L Family !!!

Freeze Album "ORCHESTRA" - Out Soon !!!
freezetrance@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/doublerelparrot
www.fractalrecords.ch
www.myspace.com/freezeisrael
psychocouch
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 18, 2005 10:52
Yeah baby
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Apr 18, 2005 14:29
well after i tooked a listen..
track n.º 3 is really good, i ddin´t knew thay are from doble rel familia..it is awesome!
n.º 4 the name says it all!russian style..very good kick, nice psy!!
n.º5, surprised me alot..not their usual style, but it rockz a lot
n.º 8 is the best!thix dude is rocking the world by storm!!
keep up p_mac on great releases!!           ...
terrorist

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 18, 2005 15:52
go dan and timmy and luke

P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 18, 2005 22:33
Quote:

On 2005-04-15 11:18, FrO wrote:
This compilation really surprised me!
I found some really nice tracks here, such as :

Insect Seeker - Russian Sounds
Hefty Output - Ghb Rmx
Pondscum - Out put 1-2 RMX
Paranoize - Fucking evil noise

Hoping for more Ketuh releases like this one!

Good Work!!!

Hey FRO!
Glad you liked it! Thank you for the kind words I agree the artists did a great job

Hope killer buds will also please you
PLUR

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

jaramogi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 19, 2005 01:11
very promising release, cant wait to get my copy
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Apr 19, 2005 01:30
V/A – In Crypto

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/aqtyu (front) + http://tinyurl.com/85bdr (back)

Artist: Various
Title: In Crypto
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Ketuh Records (Portugal/Austria)
Cat. #: KTHCD008
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: 11 April 2005

Track listing:

01. 07’06” Gappeq – Theory Of Everything
02. 09’05” Zebra-N – Almost Lost It
03. 08’35” The Farting Parrot – iNTeLLecTual RecTuM
04. 05’59” Insect Seeker – Russian Sounds
05. 08’23” Double R.E.L. – Viva La Wav
06. 07’03” Hefty Output – Ghb Rmx
07. 08’28” Pondscum – Output 1-2 Rmx
08. 07’27” Paranoize – Fucking Evil Noise
09. 07’28” Killer Buds – Everything Is A Copy

.m3u-playlist: http://tinyurl.com/c4lcf (all tracks)

Review:

Ohoy motherfucker!

Ketuh Records is an equally productive as well as ambitious label… Label boss P_Mac is on a never-ending quest; scouring the world to procure the finest psy-trance to the huddled masses… And Ketuh sure has brought me many wonderful moments with their compilations of a consistent high quality… In Crypto is the 8th release and as usual the tracklist is a combination of new exciting acts + the usual suspects… Let’s take a stroll down Ketuh Straße…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Gappeq – Theory Of Everything
As tradition prescribes it, Gappeq from The Czech Republic opens this compilation… This is the fourth consecutive Ketuh compilation that Mr. Jirka opens… And why change a winning formula? As usual Gappeq crosses borders with his stuff – this is highly experimental… Full-power psychedelic trance with worldly influences from both Funland, Australia and Alderaan… Twisted, psychedelic morning trance with a cornucopia of FX… It’s very complex and perhaps even a little too complex for my tastes…

#02: Zebra-N – Almost Lost It
Zebra-N is Dutch producer Paul Elferich and this is his second time on a Ketuh compilation… I remember his tracks as often having a comic/oddball approach to psytrance… And this track is no different… The first half is very dark, haunting night-trance… ‘Darkpsy’ if you will – but wait until after the break when Elferich wants to have a little fun… Cardiac arrest beeps followed by the most manic climax… This *will* freak people out on the dance floors! Funny track!

#03: The Farting Parrot – iNTeLLecTual RecTuM
Intellectual breach – my ass! The bird breaking wind is Ariel Sela from Israel – one half of Double R.E.L…. And holy phuck – this is a crazy track indeed… Incredibly fast, it’s a no-questions-asked powerhouse of a raging night-time psytrain… Relentlessly vicious, this is like a melodic version of a Finnish crackpot tune – with Israeli melody structure and German bass… Add tons and tons of trippy FX and we’re getting close to the sound of this demented choon… Blimey! Quality stuff!

#04: Insect Seeker – Russian Sounds
“Gentlemen – welcome to fight club!” Insect Seeker is the side project of Tarcisio & Marcelo from Killer Buds – and it looks like these Brazilians are turning their focus to Russian now… Well, for this tune at least… And yes, this tune is aptly named – this is indeed vodka trance… Deep, dark and pounding with flaring, ripping acid riffs chain-sawing their way through your ears… Intense use of electro-metallic sounds and long, dark pads help create a truly evil track… Sweet!

#05: Double R.E.L. – Viva La Wav
Now Ariel Sela is joined by fellow Israeli Ariel Ram – as Double R.E.L. they’ve released a handful of tracks on Doof Records… And goddam, this is some sick, repulsive shit – and I mean that in the best possible way… This is immensely dark, haunting Halloween trance designed to scare the living shit outta friends, family, neighbours and kids… This is a Boshke tune on amphetamines… Yikes!

#06: Hefty Output – GHB Rmx
“And now for the party drug ‘causing so much concern around Australia. It’s illegal, it’s cheap and one of its nicknames gives you a clue to how dangerous it can be. It’s been called grievous bodily harm. The drug is also known as GHB…” Hefty Output is an Australian duo with members Dan Verbi & Tim Hanlon… This is their debut, and DAMN what a debut! I dunno if the Australian water supply is spiked with GHB or what’s going on, but OZ sure has produced some immensely talented artists… I’m reminded of some of one my fav’e OZ acts: Scatterbrain and Xatrik… This track is similar to their sound - not so much musically but in creativity and structure… This is a deeply original, sinister, frenzied night-time track – riddled with psychedelic elements, voice samples and the meanest koala-bassline I’ve ever heard… Pure acid noise-attack – beautifully executed! Amazing debut – amazing track!

#07: Pondscum – Output 1-2 Rmx
And here’s another debutant from down under… Luke Danielewski is his name, and he’s been drinking GHB too… As with the previous two tracks this is extremely deep and murky – haunting, depraved horror-trance… Requires some serious audio hardware to get the full spectre across… Eat your heart out Xenomorph – this is malicious, but surprisingly psychedelic! I’m all for darkpsy – but this is borderline stuff – getting almost too dark for my taste… Almost!

#08: Paranoize – Fucking Evil Noise
“Ohoy motherfucker!” Paranoize is Alex Ladyzanskyi from Israel… This aptly named track continues in the same vein as its predecessors – again its very dark, spooky dungeon-trance for the darkest hours of the night… A pounding cyclic bassline accompanied by eerie pads and twirling acid-lines… And a climax designed to make you wet yourself! I’m really struggling to find superlatives here, but this is such a fucking huge track – nightmarish, spooky and deeply hypnotizing… Definitely not for the faint hearted… Brilliant track!

#09: Killer Buds – Everything Is A Copy
“I look around this room and I see a lot of courage. That gives me strength. We give each other strength. This is it – ground zero![…] Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy… When deep space exploration ramps up, it'll be the corporations that name everything: the IBM Stellar Sphere, the Microsoft Galaxy, Planet Starbucks! […] That’s the good news – I no longer have any fear of death. I am in a pretty lonely place…” Enzio, Tarcisio & Marcelo from Brazil are Ketuh regulars, and have their debut album Interfiber Skunk coming out as KTHCD009. I really like their relentless style, so naturally I’m looking forward to that album with huge expectations… This track is a tad lighter than the previous super-dark tracks – but make no mistake about it, this is still very, very psychedelic… Fast, pounding, darkish morning trance – with loads and loads of trippy elements sprinkled around to enhance your trip… Though most of the Fight Club samples have been used in psy-tracks before, they really fit this stellar track… Sweet way to end this compilation indeed!

Yikes! I’ve noticed a slow, but steady increase in the quality of the stuff Ketuh release… And with a label as productive as this, the message comes across even stronger – indeed a promising sign for the future… This without a doubt the darkest Ketuh release thus far – and especially tracks #4 through #8 are among the hardest I’ve heard in a while… Dark psy taken to the extremes!

As mentioned above, the quality level is impressive here – hats off to P_Mac for his continuous effort to find the freshest, darkest gut-hitting music on the planet… The next seven (7!) releases are already brewing in the Ketuh kitchen… Yummy! ;o)

I dig this compilation – but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to this kinda music… It’s dark – it’s very dark! But within the darkpsy genre this is essential, and I do not hesitate to recommend this to hardened fans of such labels as Ketuh (well, duh!), Parvati, Trishula, Stoneage and the likes… You will not be disappointed! Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 3, 4, 6(!!), 8(!!), 9(!!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Ketuh Records: http://www.ketuhrecords.com
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/by5pm
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/a4wtl
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/cbv37
Juno Records: http://tinyurl.com/7wdrh           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Apr 19, 2005 14:16
Quote:

On 2005-04-18 14:29, a3k wrote:
n.º5, surprised me alot..not their usual style, but it rockz a lot

sorry got wrong with another style..thix is theyr typical style!!!rockin tha house           ...
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 20, 2005 09:24
Thank you all hertzlich for all the support!
Dp as usual you deliver a superb review
soo KB will be with you
Boom from cold and rainy Wien!           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A In Crypto- Ketuh Records- Kthcd008 - A Personal Review

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance