Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A In Crypto- Ketuh Records- Kthcd008 - A Personal Review
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A In Crypto- Ketuh Records- Kthcd008 - A Personal Review

Pondscum
Pondscum

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 19:39
Thanks everyone for amazing response.... quite blown away by it all... Thanks to the Mac for having me...

The comp itself... i quite like it all, but standouts for me are the Farting Parrot and Paranoize....

I don't think the Hefty track does the lads justice IMHO.... their style is mind-blowing and this isn't conveyed very well. That's just what I reckon... anyone who's been fortunate enough to see them live would agree... their sound is intense and are in a league of their own...

onwards and upwards...
psychocouch
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : May 2, 2005 09:23
We love pondscum..your track is outstanding but we knew that all long didnt we
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 2, 2005 10:04
Hey Luke,
Great to see input

I agree the Hefty duo have a super style and will be often released on Ketuh.

Next Pondscum and Hefty Output release V/A Hyperspatial Chrysalis Kthcd010

5/9 Australian Madness . . . .

In the mean time enjoy Killer Buds debut Album

www.ketuhrecords.com/releases

Enjoy as we do! . . .           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
-dudi-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 2, 2005 14:18
hey luke !
what fuckin shroomz r u tripping on mate ??!!
incredible stuff you have ,, fucking genius absolutely !
amazing production to say the least ,,,
i hope your album will be releasing on ketuh asap !
cant wait to buy your new stuff..
keep em coming
boom bolenath

P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 3, 2005 13:12
THanks Dudi
http://www.psykeout.net/
Is playing In crypto now
Thanks Cyberwolf

Enjoy as we do!

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : May 4, 2005 04:16
first off, lets just acknowledge that ketuh records has been on a roll lately... several compilations all chock full of winners have come out in the past year... dj p_mac must have an incredible stack of demos to be able to dig out jams like this every couple months... ive been playing this cd nonstop in my car for a week now... luckily i havent gotten a speeding ticket! i wish i had the time to sit down and write for the length of the cd as i normally do with reviews... but alas, time is short.. so heres my .02$ ....

1. gotta love this ... the crossover of the techy dnb sounds into this psy track with all the scope and depth of a gappeq track...who put peanut butter in my chocolate? who put chocolate in my peanut butter?! its sure to turn some heads! in fact other than the pounding trance beat i might even put it in a dnb category cause the synth is so classic tech-steppy. a good step in a new direction.

2. i have loved his tracks that ive heard so far, very fresh sound that catches my ears. i dont however like the beeping either... too long! from 5:17 to 5:55 theres no danceable stuff...though i like the slowdown tweak part in the middle of this same part, it just serves to stop the dancing. ill be editing this one down on soundforge to make it playable. once you get past the beep, the track kicks! but i cant imagine too many people waiting around on the dancefloor to hear what happens after the beeeeping... maybe after i edit it for my sets i will have a better idea of how it works out. but really, i love this guy's sound regardless.

3. this track is a roiling boiling slurpy jam! love all the squishing overlapping sounds! its got an omnious night feeling to it, bassline rolls and the track carrys on and changes up enough to keep it moving along... some great moments here... interested to hear more farting parrots soon!

4. a bit deeper here, some long pads through the middle to give a bit of epic feel. lots of activity and a good theme overall make this a solid entry from the killer buds side project.

5. double rel are really taking the cake lately! this one is alll most the best on the disc. i agree with most reviewers that this tune has mad dancefloor potential.. cant wait to test it! zooooom!

6. the only thing we had round here that was hefty was trashbags, until now... we get some hefty output from these dudes from oz. you can strongly feel the aussie acid in here. hehehe they do everything upside down right? all the samples and zooming sounds and just overflowing in your face sirens and omfg its craaazy. a grrrrrrreat debut.

7. again i will vote that this is the best here. deeper and slicker and acidy. i just love it when new artists show up with a fierce take on this side of trance... zippy, thick, mysterious, trippy. winner!

8. holy wow this one is a rocker. i half expected there to be an electric guitar in here, it gets rocking that much! its really the 2nd half that takes off though, you have to hold on tight, all the zooming might blow you away! this is one of those tracks that make people make that face, you know, the stinky fart face, like "oooooh damn that is just naaaasty!"

9. killer buds have been on my list of faves for a while now... this one is more on the morning tip than the rest of the cd. the main sample is a good one from fight club, but playing it twice sorta makes it redundant. not thier strongest track, but still a powerful anthemic jam that would work if dropped in the right place, like outdoors!

overall this comp has some heavy hitters in my book, namely; 3,5,6,7,8. 2 would be on here too, perhaps after some soundforgeing. theres definitely enough here to make this cd a must buy for those of the ketuh sound, or those looking for a diverse night style compilation.
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
peanut/hefty
Hefty Output

Posted : May 4, 2005 06:24
great comp mac

all the tracks have their own signature vibe which is refreshing for a compilation. my favorites are paranoise, the ariels, and of course australia's finest, pondscum.

thanks for giving us a run alongside some of the worlds best, we hope our debut is up to scratch!

also props to audialize for a great mastering job!
Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : May 4, 2005 15:29
Absolute slamming compilation. Thx a lot for the copy P_Mac...it's been highly appreciated and apologies for the late comments here due to lots of work and not being home a lot lately. Very proud of Dutch fresh talent Zebra-N with his storming pounding dark nightstyle...also Gappeq belongs to my absolute favs. lately although this tune was a bit disappointing. Absolute favourites are Insekt Seeker, Double REL and the monstertune by Paranoize who's had me hanging in the walls trying to bite my way through concrete from the 1st second I heard it....topnotch release here, keep 'em coming Ketuh !!!!!!!!!!           Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
zebra-n
Zebra-N

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 4, 2005 18:01
bleeeeeeeeeeep.... (or is this too long now...

congrats to pedro with another nice release, thnx all for the nice reviews and watch out for some new stuff from Rev and me, it's seriously gonna kick some ass, the project will be called: -= ccL =-

grtz 2 all

paul

P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 6, 2005 21:44
Quote:

On 2005-05-04 18:01, zebra-n wrote:
bleeeeeeeeeeep.... (or is this too long now...

congrats to pedro with another nice release, thnx all for the nice reviews and watch out for some new stuff from Rev and me, it's seriously gonna kick some ass, the project will be called: -= ccL =-

grtz 2 all

paul

Hey Man!
How did Israel treat you?

Glad to see some input
Boooom from cold Vienna           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

technodrome
Technodrome

Posted : May 7, 2005 16:04
killer compilation!!!!
graet line up and killer tracks i realy like this one !!!
good lock p mac with this one!!!           next album is coocking!!!!
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 9, 2005 09:05
Quote:

On 2005-05-07 16:04, technodrome wrote:
killer compilation!!!!
graet line up and killer tracks i realy like this one !!!
good lock p mac with this one!!!

THanks man on behalf of Ketuh crew!
Great music also you make           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

Lauryn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : May 15, 2005 13:55
VA-'In Krypto' (Ketuh Records, 2005)

Review: This is the eighth release from Portuguese-born and Austrian based record label Ketuh Records. Compiled by DJ P_Mac, Label manager of Ketuh Records and resident Boom Festival DJ. With a string of solid, quality releases over the past year, Ketuh Records (besides quickly becoming one of my favorite psytrance labels) has earned a solid reputation world wide for its style and its "off-the-beaten-track" philosophy.

01 Gappeq -'Theory Of Everything'- From Czech Republic comes Gappeq, Jiri Tomasek, his sound has been developing and evolving quite nicely as of late! With releases on Sundance and Oxygen Records, in addition to Ketuh. His ideas are fresh and original and this track is no exception to that. A light melody along with a nice driving bassline starts things off with a bang. An eerie and larger than life synth melody is soon introduced, taking center stage in this track. A funky breakbeat in the background gives an bouncy feel to this track, and ambient pads add an air of mystery to it all. The main synth melody slides up and down, with a key change at 3:35 a nice lead in to the more scattered complex melody adding even more to this funky groove. Think drum and bass meets psytrance at sunrise and you'll get the idea. This track is pretty much unlike anything I've heard previously and for sure will turn heads on the dancefloor. 10/10

02 Zebra-N - 'Almost Lost It'-I first heard Dutch producer Paul Eifferich aka Zebra-N on 'EST 2nd Session'(Doof). He has since released on Trishula and Ketuh Records. A mad scientist sample starts this one off, blending with a scratchy synchopated synth line and a bassline that I'm totally digging. The darker funky sounds of this groove have got me dancing around my room We are all aware of the predictable element that pervades much psychedelic trance music these days. Not true with this track! Zebra-N is a master of unpredicatability and anticipation. Starting at 3:30 I'm waiting for the buildup, incoherent crowd samples, bubbling synth sounds swirling around, a short, distorted melody, stretched out snare rolls, all leading up to- a single beeping sound, lasting *just* long enough. The rhythm slows down *just* enough, I'm totally expecting this one to come back in with a bang. Instead, it's a full on tribal funky groove, much like the start of this track. Am I disappointed? Of course not! Perfect for dropping early in a nighttime set and faking out everyone on the dancefloor. 9/10

03 The Farting Parrot - 'Intellectual Rectum'-Well, Israel's Ariel Sela could have called himself Single REL, but I'd so much rather listen to music from The Farting Parrot. Zooming synths and a slow, plodding beat lead us into a more driving kick(ass)/bassline combo. Scratchy synths combine with video game-ish fx to create a melody that is complex, yet delivered in a somewhat subliminal manner-the listener just bounces and floats along nonchalantly with it all. An in-your-face groove, dark but by no means linear- this one is all over the place. The breakbeat breakdown is killer and unique! Various samples are used throughout, however, they are all expertly embedded within this track- Farting Parrot's got far too much to let out in his music to let someone elses words take center stage for more than a second. I don't know what makes more of an in-your-face statement, the artist name, the track name, or the track itself. Good for building a nighttime set...although this one left me slightly expecting more... 8/10

04 Insect Seeker - 'Russian Sounds'-From Brazil, we have a side project of Marcelo and Tarcisio of Killer Buds. This is their second release on Ketuh Records. The track opens up with majestic sounds of dawn, an early build and some delayed synth fx combine with filtered percussion to create a killer groove. Mysterious and randomly placed delayed drips of melody add to the confusion. With each slight variation, this track keeps tossing us deeper and deeper into the madness. The breakdown returns us to a place of melodic, pleasant & peaceful solitude-a refreshing changeup. The beat is filtered and panned- before tossing us back into the groove once again. This time the bassline has more movement, the percussion sits more in the forefront, and an ambient synth melody is introduced, adding even more to the early morning feel of this track- dark with a little bit of light, just how I like it! The track development is killer, ever evolving and growing, with many quick & clever changes. This one just keeps going and going and going. Excellent production!!!!! 9/10

05 Double R.E.L - 'Viva La Wav'- Ariel Ram+Ariel Sela=Double R.E.L.=killer music from Israel. These guys first caught my attention with "My Beloved One" on EST Session 2(Doof). Since then, none of their other releases have really caught my attention until...enter Ketuh Records. A mysterious and dramatic opening to this one. The bassline comes in strong, driving at 147bpm. Synth lines collide with one another, expertly weaved together creating a truly psychedelic atmosphere. Amidst the swirling chaos however, it is the bassline that makes this track! Think israeli full-on bassline meets dark chaotic madness- and it's surprisingly effective! Insane breakdown-buildups, great usage of samples, I can't give away all the surprises. This track is a true gem! Viva La totally killer track! A true stomper!!!!!!!!!!!! 11/10

06 Hefty Output - 'Ghb (Remix)'- From Australia are Dan Verbi and Tim Hanlon, new to Ketuh Records, this is their first release and its heavy music for the night to the max! A long sample to start off- perhaps the drug samples are a bit cliche, but will wait to see how this one develops. raw percussive fx and an underlying breakbeat- I can definately hear the Damage influence here and I'm totally digging it! This is true psychedelia! Raw, dark, dirty, swirling, squeaking synths, lots of distorted sounds, frequently inserted samples, stretched out fx. It's a tossup as to whether there are TOO many samples in this track, in the end I think it adds to, rather than detracts from the effectiveness of this track. I feel this track strays a bit at times, slightly losing focus and drive- this is not entirely a bad thing, for it just means these guys must have too many ideas and therefore, just need to makes more tracks! With an upcoming release on Ketuh Records (KTHCD010), and their mutual ADHD diagnoses running rampant (hehehe this explains so much! ), I'm very intrigued to see how their sound will develop! Overall, a fresh, killer, raw, underground sound from down under! The more I listen, the more I like. 8/10

07 Pondscum - 'Output 1-2 (Remix)'-Ketuh continues the madness with yet another Aussie debut- this time its Luke Danielewski, and his full flavored musical project Pondscum. Well, if the fact that I've listened to this track about 4 or 5 times through, getting so lost amist the insanity that I forget I'm writing a review is any indication, this track is one hell of a psychedelic creation! A monster bassline and synth lines oozing psychedelia from all directions. There is a more minimal, hypnotic feel to this track. The beat has an almost disco-like feel to it- killer groovy raw & dancable. Eerie, piercing, ambient pads interspersed with schizophrenic synth lines that seamlessly babble along. Each sound used in this track stands on its own, is distinct, deliberate, and contributes to the overall effectiveness of the track. Dark, minimal & psychedelic. WOW. An excellent debut! So easy to lose yourself in this track!!! Can't wait to hear more(kthcd010)!!!!!!! 10/10

08 Paranoize - 'Fucking Evil Noise'-From Israel comes Alex Ladyzanskyi aka Paranoize. This is a pretty straightforward dark psy track that reminds me of Azax Syndrom expecially. A bouncy 16th note bassline, along with squeaky synth sounds, and an eerie melodic line make for a particularly stomping groove. I'm liking the breakdown-buildup, and when the track kicks back in, the intensity is increased with the addition of a rocking snare sound and some raw acid synth lines. Very nice percussive fx used throughout. A real slammer! Good for the end of any nightime set! A well produced track, just not my thing 7/10

09 Killer Buds - 'Everything Is A Copy'-From Brazil, Enzio, Tarcisio and Marcelo, collectively known as Killer Buds, are a Ketuh Records staple, appearing on the past 4 Ketuh compilations, as well as recently releasing their full length debut album on Ketuh. One word describes their sound- massive. No messing around here- we're immediately tossed into a driving bassline and acid synth melody. Dark, yet psychedelic with more of an epic feel than previous tracks on this compilation. A totally massive sound all around- killer very strong production, Perhaps the main melody and the bassline could be changing up a bit more, and this slight monotony takes away from this track a bit. However, its very clear to me that depite all of this, this track would absolutely destroy any dancefloor! Going out with a bang! Nice way to end the compilation! 9/10

Favorites:1(!!!), 2, 4, 5(!!!), 7(!!!), 9

Overall: A true journey from start to finish! A descent into psychedelic mayhem which showcases veteran Ketuh artists, well known newcomers to Ketuh, as well as P_Mac's latest psychedelic discoveries. The names are fresh, the sounds are unique, and the production is killer. What has disappointed me lately in the psytrance world are labels which have defined a specific sound as "their own", and artists belonging to that label who are altering their sound in order to better cater to the label's sound. Ketuh Records is for sure not of this mentality! The label should be promoting the artist's sounds, not the other way around! And this collection of artists, tracks, and sounds proves that this is exactly what they do. This one won't be leaving my cd player for a long time! 9.5/10
          ~gOa ist nicht nur musik sondern auch eine lebenseinstellung~
http://www.peakrec.com/
http://www.myspace.com/djlauryn
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : May 15, 2005 15:43
why would you review a cd twice??i liked the cd that much... but... i mean.. really?? twice??

why do't you just go and get new new one instead, heheh
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 16, 2005 11:20
Quote:

On 2005-05-15 15:43, Rah wrote:
why would you review a cd twice??i liked the cd that much... but... i mean.. really?? twice??

why do't you just go and get new new one instead, heheh

Rah:

I think, that due to you being a relatively new registered member in this forum, i can help clarify.

The whole and sole purpose of a forum, on the internet, according to the Cambrige Advanced learners dictionary is:

3 a place on the Internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time:
Discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=30717&dict=CALD

Also, if you open read the topics posted you will notice that its mainly many ppl saying the same thing but in their own way.

IMHO i think its very positive if the comments are constructive. As a label we grow partly due to constructive criticism.

Hope this helps and Enjoy like we do!

TO Lauryn:

Thank you again for the great review. Especially like the constructive criticism
Curious about the next ones

Boooom!

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A In Crypto- Ketuh Records- Kthcd008 - A Personal Review
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance