Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The Chilluminati Present: Earthdance 2008 // Sept. 12, 13, 14 // Black River Falls, Wi
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Chilluminati Present: Earthdance 2008 // Sept. 12, 13, 14 // Black River Falls, Wi

karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Sep 11, 2008 22:52
right on tyler, it's great to see artists like androcell and kilowatts grace the main stage at an event like this.

kilowatts' music in particular i think is very dancy, more like glitched out psychedelic breakbeat than traditional "chill" music... been listening to some new stuff by him on repeat here at work for a while now. you guys are definitely in for a treat
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 12, 2008 09:31
I'm too excited to sleep!

Robert Rich, Androcell, Ghreg,, Kilowatts, WOWOWOWOOWOWOWO

I am getting goose bumps just thinking about it!
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 12, 2008 19:12
I guess everybody has already left for the party when I am posting this. Wont be there physically but will be dancing with you all in spirits.

Greg, Niki, Daksi and Random - KEEEEL EEEEET KEEEEL EEEEET!

Not to mention the chill masters - Tyler and Kilowatts - WOW!           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
Androcell
Androcell

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 16, 2008 01:35
Big thanks to the Chilluminati and all of my friends and supporters who shared space.

The rain/colder temps were kind of a damper on the festivities but worthwhile in spite all.

My apologies to anyone I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to.

btw - if anyone found a pair of "Black Flys" sunglasses that have black frames with brown (polarized) lenses would you please be kind and contact me @ info (at) androcell.com
I'd really like to get them back if at all possible. I was really keen to them and am afraid to face the UV rays without them.
Losing them was definitely a bummer for my weekend.

Peace and dub,
Tyler

Random
Random

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Sep 16, 2008 04:53
rain or shine that was such a great weekend. best highlight for me was Robert Rich live in the floro pavilion walking up hearing waves of delayed slide guitar and flute over the nicest ambient that can be heard all created live sitting with all the smiling peaceful people and organizers who experienced that was really special. and that moment followed by Kilowatts and the Ooze then Distant System was perfect for the chill area. thanks Scott for booking me for trance and chill dj sets I really enjoyed playing chill breaks and dub on Friday, never get a proper chance to show my taste there but really surprised everyone and myself Friday night trance was dominated by the sets of Niki and Daksi who blasted the people and represented their labels sounds and tastes to the fullest for people to experience. Saturday with the Xcience build up and tag set and Ghreg taking us to the darker corners of the minds eye the line ups both night and day flowed great and had really solid performances going on. all around it was perfect earthdance other than some people causing trouble which the security dealt with accordingly, and the fact I missed the prayer for some odd reason. I would come back to Wisconsin for earthdance every year if I could , true spirited energy there. thanks so much Chilluminati           www.geomagnetic.tv/artists/random.html
www.myspace.com/randompsy
www.myspace.com/randomrobot
zero six

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 16, 2008 06:07
+1.

from our forum, here are some videos of Robert Rich's set from The Paka Paka Lightshow.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

enjoy. ;-)
Ascension
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  170
Posted : Sep 16, 2008 18:13
Ok, I think I am collected enough to write a full review now. First off I want to thank Tyler, Scott, Igor and the whole Chilluminati crew for what I consider to be the best weekend I've ever had. As I said before, it was so good, I actually felt sad for the first time while driving home. Sorry that I didn't say bye to anyone, I had to drive Robert Rich back to the airport and kinda forgot to say goodbyes before I left.

--Setup--

Setup went fairly well. Tyler and I (mostly Tyler as I had to run the gate) setup the mainstage relatively easily on friday. I went to pick up Robert Rich at the airport so I wasn't around for deco/chill stage setup, but those seemed to have went well also.

--Deco--

The deco was really awesome. Unfortunately we didn't get to have the main stage completely outdoors, so not all the deco was utilized as planned, but it still turned out very awesome. Carli's painting behind the main stage was magnificent. The spandex at the chill stage was unreal and created an alternate universe feel at night.

--Music (Friday night/Saturday morning)--

Tremendous! Got back and situated in time to hear Max play- excellent as always, you keep improving each time I hear you play and you have great energy behind the decks. Symbiotic and The Psyintist brought out the darkness with a great set that transitioned well into Niki's set. Niki threw it down as well playing some great night time tunes. Daksi kept the energy level up with his powerful sound. Brad did some excellent mental-reprogramming of his own - so good to have you back in the midwest! After Brad's set I had to work the gate/attempted and failed at sleeping.

--Workshops--

Thank you so much Jeff, for putting these together and getting a good sized crowd. Abe and mine's Life Psyence workshop went well. We didn't have much planned, but just discussed things off the top of our heads and it went well. There was a lot of good discussions that happened between people in attendence, which is key. After running around for a bit I came back and did my workshop on green energy. I figured this would be a good topic given the nature of the Earthdance event and it went incredibly well. I was very pleased with the interaction between myself and those listening/participating in the discussion. I was glad to have Robert Rich in there as well to chime in with some great insights. I got a lot out of the music workshop. Thanks to Bret and Scott for answering my questions and teaching me a lot of new things.

--Music Saturday afternoon/night--

I ended up playing during most of John B/Jason Hoffman's set due to turntable availability. Who would have thought the only 2 acts that needed them would be scheduled at the same time (whoops). There was no one there when I started, but some people showed up or stopped for a bit as they passed by and generally liked what they heard. John B played some excellent prog after me. I would have stayed around for more if I hadn't slept or eaten yet (atleast I got the latter done that night). The next set I stayed for was Robert Rich's set and I think that deserves a section on its own.

--Robert Rich--

I am still without words to describe my interaction with this man during the weekend. It started with me picking him up at the airport friday evening. During our 2 hour drive back to Black River Falls, we had a lot of great, intelligent conversations ranging from music and specifics on his works, talks about his sleep concerts, the environment and wine/food. When we got to the venue nick, robert and I ate some dinner and nick and I got to discuss some workings of what goes on at a 3 day event since robert had never been to one. The next day when robert came back from his hotel we got to talk some more and like I mentioned he was able to catch my green energy workshop which he liked a lot.

Onto his set. That was the greatest set of music I have ever heard in my life. From all the bands, symphonies and djs I've seen, this one outshone them all. It was also truly the most "live" set at a psy party too as Robert played a lap guitar, flute and recorder, as well as playing loops/samples from a laptop. PakaPaka deserves credit for completing the transformation of the chill stage into another world during his set. I've never seen such amazing visuals and never seen such a connection between visuals and music playing. Robert's sounds were truly unique and his set flowed together so perfectly. Ben Mealhow described it as "hippynosis", which I thought was appropriate. Robert also received a well deserved ovation after his set. Everyone had a look on there face of "what just happened?" or just "wow" when Robert finished. It was truly a set that I will remember forever. After he packed his equipment up he got a chance to check out some of Ghreg on Earth (as they had been chatting for quite a while during the day Saturday) and found it quite interesting. Obviously not his first choice for music, but he apreached a lot of the musical aspects and pointed out the polarity between Greg's calm nature and dark musical taste. I also drove Robert back to the airport on sunday afternoon and we had great times reflecting on the experience. He said he loved the crowd's response and energy level during his set. He was very happy that so many people loved his set and I told him how perfectly it flowed with the deco, visuals and time of night. Overall, I had such an excellent time conversing with Robert Rich and I felt fortunate to be able to connect with this man on so many levels. I really hope to see him again and would love to see him out in the midwest again sometime. Robert- thank you so much!!

--Music Saturday night/Sunday morning--

I didn't hear any of the Xcience guys play, but I heard nothing but good things. They seemed to have a good sized crowd for their sets too, which was well deserved. Mike brought out the darkness - I really like your sets, you need to keep playing at that timeslot. Ghreg on Earth- played a diverse dj set that I enjoyed and completely melted my brain with his LIVE set. I could tell it was too intense for a lot of people, but there were some parts that got everyone moving. Random played his trademark, high energy sets that got a lot of people back on the dancefloor. Perfect transition out of Ghreg's set too. Aerosis was a nice change of pace. Beautiful sounds, keep the production up! I was finally able to get some sleep by the chill stage and Derek played the right music to fall asleep to (I forgot to thank you how great it was to fall sleep to that). Adam and Toki rounded out the diverse main stage sound with some great Suomi that was fun and rejuvinating.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped out and came out to Earthdance 2008! Everyone combined made it such an excellent weekend for myself and everyone else. The Midwest scene keeps growing and getting better each time!           http://soundcloud.com/ascensionsound
www.chilluminati.org - Midwest based psytrance group
Eklypz

Posted : Sep 16, 2008 21:01
Robert Rich was so amazing and set me up perfectly for Ghreg, fantastico!!

Was so impressed with the teachers for the workshops - Machi, Carli, Kevin, Abraham, Scott, Derek - Thanks so much! Thank you VERY much all who participated, really made it work this time and learned so much!

Still collecting thoughts, but definately best Earthdance ever!

daya

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 17, 2008 05:45
Woah, sounds amazing. Sounds like I miss some goodies. I definitely will try to catch any other Robert Rich life next time. Hope it would not far to NE.
Maybe Arbre Noir for the next Earth Dance?
          founder http://www.enkienterprise.com
founder http://www.blacksheephybrid
Eklypz

Posted : Sep 18, 2008 01:15
Arbre Noir sounds fantastic!

Maybe Daya next earthdance They made a cute kids area so can bring the new little one.
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Sep 18, 2008 01:29
Quote:

On 2008-09-18 01:15, Eklypz wrote:

Maybe Daya next earthdance They made a cute kids area so can bring the new little one.

Daya was virtually present@Earthdance           http://www.chillumafia.com
Eklypz

Posted : Sep 18, 2008 06:13
Quote:

On 2008-09-18 01:29, damon wrote:
Daya was virtually present@Earthdance

Yeah, I sent a few people over to buy his shirts

but virtual Daya is not the same as real Daya
cerebral ataxia
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Sep 18, 2008 07:57
i was hoping more of daya's deco would be more exposed but regardless people were really into the t-shirts and bought a bunch, thanks for all the people who came into our little "shop" and hung out with us it was very nice...and jeffz it was nice chating with you and seeing you at the dance floor shaking it
daya

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 18, 2008 14:35
Thanks Jeffz. Oh I noticed that you did a great "arm hunting" job in Iowa. You are hird!!! hehe...
Also thanks Ataxia and Damon for the effort!

Congrats Chilluminati!           founder http://www.enkienterprise.com
founder http://www.blacksheephybrid
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The Chilluminati Present: Earthdance 2008 // Sept. 12, 13, 14 // Black River Falls, Wi
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance