Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America

nicksynergy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 08:50
Quote:

On 2006-10-10 19:03, mist wrote:
of course, one could also argue that america has it's fair share of international talent - by which i mean talent that is internationally recognized...

Yep, it's getting there.
nicksynergy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 09:22
Quote:

On 2006-11-13 22:02, paradigm wrote:
again i feel i must shout out..... This is not supposed to be a dark trance party or popularity contest. Its supposed to cover the spectrum of psychedelic trance and be inclusive of the scenes of the US.

I see posts above where people are making lists of 90% SF dark trance acts. This is not a moe party. This is not a goa gil party. This is just not a west coast party. so people please reach that conclusion.

Think outside your own narrow bubbles of perception and taste people. Just as much of the country likes full on as they do trauma trance, and though a minority progressive needs to be represented too.
I hate to say things like this, but really this event needs to be handled very carefully, and truly be inclusive. If not i can see alot of people feeling left out, under-represented, and that will lead to in-fighting and a step backwards for US trance, instead of a grandious unifying event.

I really want to bring the conversation back around to the idea, of screw votes, screw popularity contests and what not.
I feel each scene should have a represenative dj or act (more for bigger scenes at the event) that makes it all inclusive.
Each scene in the US has at least 1 or 2 sick djs that can throw down, so quality control should not be an issue.
I actually think each scene should get to individually pick/ vote there "delegate" to play at Aum. It makes more people feel more involved, and if people feel more involved in an event, they are even more likely to truck across the country to be a part of it, and support their hometown choice.

Shout away, sir. I think that the more this event is in accordance with these ideas and those already professed about it, the more its stated purposes and goals will be served. Choosing from the pool of talent will be tough, but if quality and ability are chosen (above all other considerations) from each region's talent, I don't think it will be too hard to get a consensus or conclusion on which people to book.

Any event put together in accordance with AUM's stated objectives, and featuring talented people from around the region playing a variety of music that is programmed with a very good flow, would see someone such as myself as both an attendee AND a volunteer/assistant. I would participate and help out whether I were playing or not - it's not a primary or secondary consideration.

There is a lot of talent to choose from and not everyone will get to play. Making the necessary choices won't be easy, but I think that each respective region/state/etc can effectively pick their most talented people to play - popularity might win in some cases, but many of the popular people are also very talented. Larger scenes will likely have greater difficulty.

In my experience, creating lineups and keeping your artists/DJs happy about them seems to be one of the most difficult aspects of throwing an event. Good luck!
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Nov 15, 2006 03:17
agreed, it seems that this whole organization process is trending towards just another west coast darkpsy festival...if people from all parts of the country representing the full spectrum of psytrance tastes are involved, then who are they? there needs to be a little more transparency...
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Nov 15, 2006 03:42
the core organizers so far are myself & Dylalien (CA), Aastral, Kevin, & Don (NC), Dmitry (CO), and Jeffz (IO). We are working regionally to bring more people into the organizational aspect.
As we have stated many times before, we are working to bring you a well balanced and holistic festival. I'd ask you to please take another look at our vision statement, as it really represents our intention in this event:

The A.U.M Festival will establish a safe gathering space that facilitates the exploration of consciousness and connectedness through inspired, underground psychedelic trance music and culture. It will encourage the growth of the North American psy-community; emphasize our ability to heal ourselves and each other; embrace an open, multi-generational perspective; and promote an earth conscious, leave no trace ethic.

Our goal as organizers is to act as the facilitators of this concept, of which the lineup is only one part (although, obviously an important one). I believe that a lot of the anxiety about the lineup in unfounded, and most likely based on preconceived ideas.
Soooooooo, please don't pull your anxiety out of nowhere. Work with us to create a festival we will all enjoy. Have patience with us, and realize that a single event covering such a large geographical area and many different areas of concentration will take time to organize. We are more than happy about the way things have been going so far. We've been getting overwhelming feedback, amazing ideas and suggestions - please keep them coming! and remember, if you'd like to be involved, just send us an email to: aumfestivalvolunteers@gmail.com and let us know how you'd like to help. You might not get a response RIGHT away, but we are listening and we are keeping track of those who have already contacted us.
If you haven't joined the tribe yet, you should do so:
tribe.net/aumfestival
let's keep the vibration high, and keep the ideas flowing
Peace and love
megan
          Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
ohmy
Fractal Cowboys

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Nov 15, 2006 03:44
Quote:

On 2006-11-15 03:17, DanVapid wrote:
agreed, it seems that this whole organization process is trending towards just another west coast darkpsy festival...if people from all parts of the country representing the full spectrum of psytrance tastes are involved, then who are they? there needs to be a little more transparency...

hello.. I would like to adress this comment... please take a deep breathe... "put your hand in the box", the only thing you have to fear, etc, etc... Of the Seven Sages guiding the process of Festival building, which is being referenced here, as the Aum Festival, only two actually live on the West Coast..
None of these Organizing Sages has posted who they want to have play at this festival.
There is much musical talent on the west coast, as is there on the east and in the middle and even Texas.
this has been an open forum discussion on artists and ideas for the festival, and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

When you say "just another west coast Dark Psy festival", man, where are those at? I would love to check it out... But I hear the whole dark thing is really '06 anyways. i mean, the elections last week. well, I digress.

Please, all performers note: costumes are manditorily encouraged.
this is as news worthy as the request for managerial TranceParentsy
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Nov 15, 2006 03:56
indeed, there will be prog, morning, dark, tech, minimal, psy-funk, chill, glitch, electro - all subgenres will be represented...
          ..it's just another party..
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Nov 15, 2006 03:59
good to hear
aastral

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 13, 2007 03:05
AAALLLRIIIGHT!
So here we are at the start of the year and the time is upon us to begin slugging through the line up! I have noticed a slight imablance of artists submitting their interest from the B=North East...esp NYC so I am calling out to you to let us know if you are interested in this North American gathering of the tribes...we certainly are interested in you!!

aumfestivalvolunteers@gmail.com is a great way to get your info to us wether you are interested in playing or gettinng ivolved in deco, onsite help, offering workshops or teaching a yoga ( or any other healing arts ) class!

Our ears are open North America ....let us know who you are and how you would like to be involved!
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Jan 13, 2007 14:27
Wow....

prog, morning, dark, tech, minimal, psy-funk, chill, glitch, electro

thats a LOT of genres and subgenres....

I think babies are going to bust out of the womb early for this one....

"KEEP PUSHING!!!!!"

Also...

That was ONE <i>HELL</i> Of a post M.^O^.E.

I commend thee.

kbai

konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Jan 13, 2007 14:29
wheres the html love devs...

gzez.

also,
scrap the whole giant inflatible ball idea i brought up on the previous page.

that was retarded as fuq.

yeah.

famiable
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 14, 2007 04:01
Quote:

On 2006-11-15 03:42, Mistress of Evil wrote:
the core organizers so far are myself & Dylalien (CA), Aastral, Kevin, & Don (NC), Dmitry (CO), and Jeffz (IO). We are working regionally to bring more people into the organizational aspect.
As we have stated many times before, we are working to bring you a well balanced and holistic festival. I'd ask you to please take another look at our vision statement, as it really represents our intention in this event:

The A.U.M Festival will establish a safe gathering space that facilitates the exploration of consciousness and connectedness through inspired, underground psychedelic trance music and culture. It will encourage the growth of the North American psy-community; emphasize our ability to heal ourselves and each other; embrace an open, multi-generational perspective; and promote an earth conscious, leave no trace ethic.

Our goal as organizers is to act as the facilitators of this concept, of which the lineup is only one part (although, obviously an important one). I believe that a lot of the anxiety about the lineup in unfounded, and most likely based on preconceived ideas.
Soooooooo, please don't pull your anxiety out of nowhere. Work with us to create a festival we will all enjoy. Have patience with us, and realize that a single event covering such a large geographical area and many different areas of concentration will take time to organize. We are more than happy about the way things have been going so far. We've been getting overwhelming feedback, amazing ideas and suggestions - please keep them coming! and remember, if you'd like to be involved, just send us an email to: aumfestivalvolunteers@gmail.com and let us know how you'd like to help. You might not get a response RIGHT away, but we are listening and we are keeping track of those who have already contacted us.
If you haven't joined the tribe yet, you should do so:
tribe.net/aumfestival
let's keep the vibration high, and keep the ideas flowing
Peace and love
megan

People!! if Don from North Carolina is the same guy that i know(serenity loving spiritual hippie with dreads.. ) we really do not have to worry about the yin/yang balance of artists. My sixth sense tells me that all psychedelic genres will be well represented in this gathering that has gr8 potential. We should make our comments when the final lineup is announced..uuummmm..so when is that??           You may think you can fly..but you better not try :)
darkodelik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 14, 2007 10:07
sounds great, iwould like to help ,
Pangea
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 08:07
if you guys need any progressive djs please let us know,

all the best

-kameleon

pangeaproductions.org           pureperceptionrecords.org

pangeaproductions.org

myspace.com/pureperceptionrecords
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 20:03
DanVapid,

Of course it's a darkpsy-dominated festival, organized by MOE and friends. Simple as that! There's nothing wrong with having a domestic darkpsy festival that tries to be inclusive of other genres...

But if you're not really into whips and chains, the best international/US Psychedelic Trance festival is Symbiosis:07 in late September. It is world-class.
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 20:43
oh bretty dont speak too soon! i bet youll be surprised by the lineup! dont make me say it... noooooo, cough cough...

what is dark anyways !?!
hahaha
lets not play that game!
or check out kri's new mix hehehe

tis a pity it clashes with eclipse though.. that was a great time last summer... truly an amazing organization and location... quite an experience...

either way, i think im shooting for colorado this year... though im trying to figure out how to maintain a steady income with partys every weekend all over the country.. i barely made it out of last summer alive...

www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance