Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tegma - Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tegma - Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision 2006) CD

Dragongurl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Apr 18, 2006 13:33
Tegma Tegma Tegma!!!!

What groovy tribal sound! My first listen and I was totally in love!

Quality tunes all the way and I will defs keep this in the record bag!

9.9/10!!           :: Life can be as bitter as dragon tears
But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet
depends entirely on how each man perceives the taste ::
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Apr 19, 2006 01:46
fine and different cd
middle east style i call it
tribal and make smiles
respect for it
          Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)
Tox-pix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 20, 2006 21:26
Tegma’s latest album 002 Avant.garde was more uptempo & kinda melodic trance.
Right after their latest album was released, they spread the message that their new stuff would be more in the vein of their progressive roots.
So, have they gone back to the days of “Akabar” ???

Our World kicks of the jams with that familiar sounding LOTR-sample.
“The world is changed, I feel it in the water, I feel it in the air, I smell it in the air!”
The world has changed indeed because this is a pretty good taste of what’s to come: Progressive Tribal Trance to the max!

On the road in Egypt Temga met Paul El-Younani, an expert in Arabic music. They jammed together & their experiments were the basis for this track: Desert Tale. I just love these Eastern influences, combined with Scandinavian Progressive Trance. Especially the ethnic voices bring a special sound to this composition. A really nice blend of different styles & musical concepts. Briliant fusion!

As it’s title suggests, El Mariachi has a more Latin-American flavour to it. & spicy it is: synthetic rhythms fused with Spanish guitars into one organic composition that’s rocks the hell out of you. Catchy without being shallow, hypnotic without being boring.

Both Tribal Dancer & Drums Of Africa are heavily based of vocal samples that are looped into entrancing mantras. Tegma also used a lot of these on their previous album. It’s one of their trademarks so to speak & it’s a very effective way to build a certain atmosphere. It also distinguishes the tracks from each other, but they remain kinda similar, not that that’s a bad thing. Afrohouse but seriously tranced-up with percussive build-ups & a slightly melodic evolution throughout the tracks.

A Night In Cairo is one of the absolute highlights for me. One of the few tracks that establishes a truly dark mood, in particular through the superb & haunting chanting/singing. The fact that you won’t understand the lyrics only adds to the mysterious character. In the second half, the electronics come out to play & make this into a full-blown, up-tempo dance floor monster! You can tell this was originally designed to be played live, because over a big PA this is guaranteed to rattle your brain!

I Wanna Be A Robostar reminds me of Kraftwerk meets Ticon but that’s not a bad thing & with Spooked we end up exactly where we started of: “The world is changed!”

Finally an ORIGINAL trance release! If there ever was an album that has real “ Tribal Vision”, this is it. As Omar and Jason promised, this is “progression” in every sense of the word. Thinking outside the box, including musical influences from all styles of “world music”. If you check out Encoded/Decoded, you’ll realise that Tegma has been trying to do this for a long time, but never succeeded so well as this time. On the second album the relied a bit too much on movie-samples, but here they get inspiration from all over the place.
Many comparisons have already been made to describe their new sound, so I’ll give one too. Think Sphongle meets Jaïa: this is the kind of album Postford could have made if he wouldn’t still be stuck in the 90’s...
A truely GREAT piece of music that goes way beyond regular progressive trance & deserves an open-minded audience!
Pip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 21, 2006 20:09
This is by far the best progressive album this year.. oriental tribal-drums.. mm.. goosebumps all the way.. Great one Tegma!           "The Only Good System.. IS A GOOD SOUNDSYSTEM!"
klaxer
Koan / Vacuum Stalkers

Posted : Apr 22, 2006 10:17
Very pozitive grooves and vibes. I think "Around The World In 80 Minutes" more live than "002 Avant.garde" where was soulless but interesting mechanical rhythms. Last album breathing pure and deep native moods of mankind from the planet Earth. In my ears it's best CD produced by Tegma.

10/10
system nipel
System Nipel

Posted : Apr 22, 2006 11:32
amzing workk , Tegma Omar and Jeson all time madee fantastic work and soundss , thx for you my friendss , hope meet you guys very soon all good from System Nipel
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Apr 22, 2006 14:39
Quote:

On 2006-04-16 01:13, Nathan wrote:
Acidhive. Give it a chance, few of more listening and than maybe you'll like it. This is not music that should be taken for granted- dig.

Alright, gave it a chance a few days back and I must say: it grew on me Good diverse album, the best tracks to me are: 1,2,3,6,9.
A worthy buy if you're into this stuff.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Apr 24, 2006 17:24
I just got my copy and i must say its an insane CD.. much more than i expected.. i'm putting together a more detailed review but in the meantime i just had to express my love for this album.. I wanna be a robostar too !!!           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
-Nasala-

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 24, 2006 21:42
Wow.. the new tegma album is one of the best albums i heard in a long time ... its brilliant!! very refreshing, unique and full with intelligence - unOrdinary sound style and flow ,Very nice mixtures .. with a touch of many different elements - .. phat progy sound and grooves that makes me go high levels , mixed with ethno oriented sound - that creats a very uniqe atmosphere ..very pumpy and happy, spredin true smiles and light-hearted/footed-ness - it surly works amazing on the dancfloor -
after a comprehensive listenning to the album Id give a 10/10 over here - all are favi' trks ! each trk has its own story- just listen to it...i can asure you - you will looove it !

Jason and Omar great job you guys.. i truly hope to hear a live set from you during the upcoming summer !!

just Keep the vibe alive !!

Luv ya
Orly/Fenomena

http://www.Moonflower.se
Inge

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 25, 2006 02:05
Tegma, a simple man, good people and still for top produces a compact disc of high quality and good taste, without doubts better album of 2006, congratulation Jason...
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Apr 25, 2006 02:54
tegma is two people by the way           Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Apr 25, 2006 11:55
best proggy album for a long long time!
Respect Guys! Can't stop listen it!           Planet Ben Records
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Apr 27, 2006 16:58
Very nice, full of original ideas and great concepts... got it this morning and listened to it twice already... meets my expectations 100% great work cannot wait for more from Tegma and Tribal Vision...
pfc

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 28, 2006 09:44
this album is amazing...original,full of fresh ideas,i can't stop listen it. i forget this feeling while listening music since Twin coast discovery.favorites-ALL!!! thanks Tegma.
ZENLINK
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 29, 2006 23:54
three days on repeat plays the album....
Special album..Good work..           "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception".

Albert Einstein, speaking about his theory of relativity.

www.myspace.com/zenlink
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tegma - Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance