Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tegma - Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tegma - Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision 2006) CD

NEO
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 7, 2006 16:55
This album is bloody amazing,All of it is simply good funky music with extra feeling on it...
Super fun album 9/10
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 14:58
Really liked this album, but some of the tracks don't do it totally for me. Our World , Tribal Dancer and African Music are not bad tracks, far from it, but somehow I didn't connect to them. On the other hand, I find all the other tracks absolutelly brilliant, especially Desert Tale and A Night in Cairo. These are two monster tracks, probably the best I heard from Tegma. A very good album...
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 17:41
Another brilliant and special album with an idea and concept behind it, that takes the listener to an experience around the world with fusion of different styles of music.
this albums is a work of hart and work of art.
Thank you Tegma for staying true to the prog spirit. With a fresh approach.
You are rare - just rare artists!          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
~Hyperspace~

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 10, 2006 01:47
Quote:

On 2006-04-08 17:41, Nathan wrote:
Another brilliant and special album with an idea and concept behind it, that takes the listener to an experience around the world with fusion of different styles of music.
this albums is a work of hart and work of art.
Thank you Tegma for staying true to the prog spirit. With a fresh approach.
You are rare - just rare artists!

I fully & totally agree with you Nathan!
Tegma pretty much rule the Progressive scene (IMHO anyway. Dedicated & talented beyond mere words....masters!

What a great & special release this is! Pure bliss, thanks guys!

My verdict : 10/10
          ~ Hyperspace ~
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Trying to break free of these fackin' chains!
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Apr 10, 2006 12:40
as usual the tegma boys show´s us the way!

kebabfighters!
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Apr 10, 2006 13:42
2 thumbs up to Tegma for this great rls

keep on make this good music tegma guys

Cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
Dance N Dust
Dance N Dust

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Apr 10, 2006 14:44
great album, realy love it.
"Around The World In 80 Minutes "
same like the music
been to morocco, been to africa, go up to Turkey and flight over to south america..
great music
best tracks for me: 1, 2!!,4!,8
its like mix music for trance with world music,

good luck for tegma and the t.v guys

out now:
Aumrec – Before The Beginning ,EP
V/a Beat Wins , Compiled by DJ Asherun
Embargaa - Slova . EP
www.myspace.com/dancendustrecords
djmeghan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Apr 13, 2006 19:24
This was a pretty decent album. I was a little disappointed though because IMO the tracks all have the same feel to them. I thought with the title being "Around the World in 80 Days" the tracks would have a different style/flavor to them. But that's just my opinion. My favorites are 3, 4, 7 & 8.           http://www.psylicious.com
http://3rdeyesqueegee.com
http://www.facebook.com/djmeghan
http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-meghan
N-A-S-A
Nasa/The Gnome Effect

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Apr 15, 2006 00:08
This album surprised me. It really did. I was hoping for something more like the first album, but with better sound and production and REALLY hoping it wouldnt be like the semi fullon album, which really was a big disappointment to me. But this album went beyond my hopes and surprised me in a positive way. Lovely melodies, good production nice ideas and great work on all the vocals & instruments. Makes this a truly magnificent journey into the progressive realm.           http://www.facebook.com/nasa.tranceproject
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/inm/inm1cd036.html
http://www.junodownload.com/products/1537910-02.htm
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/222773/unique#
Tomer
Yotopia

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 15, 2006 21:14
RESPECT guys !!!

truely a great album , with a bright conecpt !

well made , well produced , original & inovative , way to guys

personal fav : 2!!! ,7 ,8! ,9           visit us on myspace.com/yotopia
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Apr 15, 2006 22:22
Hmm I dunno, I still think their very first album is the best. 002: Avant Garde had its moments too, as does this, but there's way too much in the sense of chanting in this album for my tastes. I'm gonna skip on this one I think.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Apr 16, 2006 01:13
Acidhive. Give it a chance, few of more listening and than maybe you'll like it. This is not music that should be taken for granted- dig.
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Apr 17, 2006 14:45
Artist: Tegma
Title: Around The World In 80 Minutes
Label: Tribal Vision
Format: CD (Jewelcase with 10-page booklet and DJ-inlay)
Released: March, 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/tvr1cd008_b.jpg

Review:

The two Sweden-based producers Omar Chelly and Jason Orfanidis have been making music as Tegma for roughly six years. Their first release was on the "Folded View" compilation on CreamCrop back in 2001, and since then they have released tracks on practically all the biggest progressive labels on the scene, such as Digital Structures, Iboga, Flow, Plastik Park, Plusquam, ZMA and Tribal Vision. Along the way they have also released 2 albums - "Encoded/Decoded" was released back in 2002 on Digital Structures, and the general response was very positive. Last year, in 2005, they took a step towards the more popular full on sounds on their second album "002: Avant.Garde", which was released on Candyflip.

Now they're ready with a 3rd album - the title is "Around The World In 80 Minutes" and - like the title suggest - it's a completely different direction compared to "002: Avant.Garde". The album is released by the new powerhouse label Tribal Vision Records, and like always the packaging is superb - from the classy artwork to the fat booklet and the useful DJ-inlay. But anyways - let's take a look (listen) to the music inside.

01. Our World [132 BPM]
The album starts with a long and beautiful intro that really has a nice atmosphere with some sweet female choir-pads. After the fine, but slightly overused "The world is changed" voice-sample from "The Lord Of The Rings", we're introduced to a delicious, tribal groove and overall "Our World" has a very organic feel with sweet melodies that tingle the senses. Amazing, slightly laidback opener.

02. Desert Tale [134 BPM]
The journey around the world really begins here - according to the booklet, "Desert Tale" was produced in May 2005 with the help of an Egyptian musician, and the Arabic influences are very distinct. It's more pumping and dancefriendly than the opener, and with some Arabic chants and classical intruments, but overall I didn't really connect to it.

03. El Mariachi [134 BPM]
Next, "El Mariachi" flies us to Mexico, and the Spanish/Mexican influences on this track work really, really well. The Spanish voice-samples and especially the hypnotizing guitar are perfectly blending with a really hard-hitting and pumping groove, and the subtle melodies take the track to the next level. Possibly one of the biggest dancefloor hits on the album.

04. Tribal Dancer [135 BPM]
"Tribal Dancer" is the first trip to Africa on the album, and it's yet another organic sound-experience. There is some very distinct use of voice-samples about the use of a so-called "Flow-master", and the African elements with the tribal percussion does work rather well with the pumping electro-ish groove. Good stuff.

05. Intermezzo
"Intermezzo" is a short (just over 2 minutes) break from the dancefloor stuff - according to the booklet it was originally meant as an intro for "Desert Tale", and like in "Desert Tale", it's a heavily Arabic influenced track. A fine intermezzo.

06. Drums Of Africa [136 BPM]
We go back to Africa on "Drums Of Africa", and it's a very thoughtful track. "African music. Try to capture the spirit of African music. African music comes from a much deeper understanding of what music is - cause they invented it." - this dominant voice-sample is combined with African percussion, tribal chants and an underlying progressive trance sound that sounds like Tegma in their "Encoded/Decoded" days, and overall this track left a pretty strong impression on me.

07. A Night In Cairo [132 BPM]
"A Night In Cairo" is a trip back to the more oriental vibes, and I think the best way to describe it, is as a progressive version of Tikal. Generally it seems to have a quite similar vibe going on, but it also leaves the same impression as the last Tikal-album on me - it seems like they try too hard to get that oriental feeling, and thus it feels a bit over the top. Didn't like it.

08. I Wanna Be A Robostar [134 BPM]
After the organic, world-music section of the album, the last two tracks are more in an urban technoish direction. "I Wanna Be A Robostar" is a strong, upbeat tune with only a hint of oriental vocals, but a very solid groove, smooth big pads and very funky grooves. A bit similar to Ticon, but funkier and with a bit more edge - a stand out tune for sure.

09. Spooked [130 BPM]
The last tune on the album is "Spooked", and it goes even more into the electro/progressive house/progressive trance realm. It starts with a cool breakish intro, and slowly goes into a solid big-room progressive house/trance sound with clear similarities to stuff like Luke Chable. A great final tune, and as a very nice touch, it ends with the same "The world is changed" voice-sample from "Lord Of The Rings" they also used in the opening track.

Bottom line:

In only few months we've been spoiled with two very organic and tribal progressive psytrance albums. First the Perfect Stranger album "Learning = Change", which was released on Iboga, and now the Tegma album "Around The World In 80 Minutes", released on Tribal Vision - comparing the two albums seems unfair though, as they have an entirely different approach. "Around The World In 80 Minutes" has a very strong concept with influences from all over the world, and for most part it's a great album, but there are times (track 2 and 7) where it, to me, feels like they took it a bit too far.

"Around The World In 80 Minutes" leaves a much better impression than the more full on influenced "002: Avant.Garde" though, and I consider it equally good as their 2002 debut "Encoded/Decoded". A very recommended album overall.

Favourites:

1 (!!), 3 (!!) 4, 6 (!!), 8 (!!), 9 (!!)

Verdict:

8,5/10

Links:

Tribal Vision Records: http://www.tribalvision.cz
Tegma: http://www.tegmatekk.com
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Apr 18, 2006 05:26
When will Tribal vision stop releasing top notch material ? it seems like this label doesnt wanna let go,as it forks out high quality products,one after the other.

And this Tegma release doesnt break the chain......

I liked this album alot.
It oozes with style and a heavy concept.Production and sounds are crispy and clean, and while the album has a specific sound to it,almost none of the tracks sound alike.

Favorite tracks for me are #2(Desert tale) - have to disagree with Pr0fski on this one,i definitly don't think Tegma took it too far -the distinctive violins and oriental elements are responisble for a super happy and uplifting track ,which equals a happy dancefloor.

Other fav is the closing track SPOOKED.
The electroish intro is superb and i really dig those 80's drums.
Great work!

Once again in the Tribal vision Tradition, the cover and booklet does not dissapoint either.
Awsome cover and much details inside.

Very nice guys!
now we wait for the Pots remixs cd

PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Apr 18, 2006 10:27
Tegma (Omar Chelly & Jason Orfanidids) based in Sweden are out with their third album, this time on the progressive super label Tribal Vision Records in the Czech Republic. Tegma seems to be changing style a little bit between each album, still keeping a progressive trance style. As usual with releases on Tribal Vision, we also get a fat booklet with a lot of informative text, which is a nice bonus for us who buy instead of stealing albums...

Tegma – Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision Records) 2006 (TVRCD008)

1. Our World
2. Desert Tale
3. El Mariachi
4. Tribal Dancer
5. Intermezzo
6. Drums Of Africa
7. A Night In Cairo
8. I Wanna Be A Robostar
9. Spooked

As the title says, they have got inspiration from different places around the world in each track, which they also explains everything about in the booklet. The album starts off with a floating track. Housy progressive trance with a nice flow. We also get some electro sounds in this one. Perfect track for the morning. Track 2 has inspiration from Egypt, with some samples from a musician they met in there. Nice, stumpy track with tribal elements of drums and arabic violin sounds etc. One of my favourite tracks on this album. Track 3 has inspiration from Mexico. It starts off with a Mexican voice sample, before we get brought into a mystic sounding, pumping groove. We get a lot of small, psychedelic details in these tracks, which results in interesting soundpictures. Here we also get more floating vibes, and some rough electro sounds again. Nice one. Track 4 brings us to some African vibes, with nice tribal intro of drums and voice samples. This track goes really groovy, with a lot of nice samples and a marching tempo.

Track 5 gives us more arabic vibes again. This is a chilled track, but with a massive soundpicture. Nice arabic break in the middle of the progressive trance tracks. Track 6 is a drifting track that builds up slowly with a lot of African drums. Beautiful if you are into tribal trance. Track 7 gives us more vibes from Egypt. More tribal drums and Arabic sounds. I really like the mystic vibes we get here. Track 8 is an atmospheric track with a nice uplifting vibe, which fits perfect for floating on the dancefloor. The last track we get on this album starts with some 80’s drums. This is one of my favourite tracks on this album. Electro sounds meets progressive trance in a nice way. Nice finish on the album.

Tribal Vision Records releases another quality release here. This is in my opinion the best album Tegma has released so far. More variation, more ideas and more interesting soundpictures than before.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tegma - Around The World In 80 Minutes (Tribal Vision 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance