Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Talamasca NY March 14th 2003

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Feb 27, 2003 19:02
Copied straight out of the newsletter:

Tsunami is proud to deliver another stellar line-up in America's hottest new venue, Estate!
Formerly known as the Limelight, the club has changed of ownership and had a
multi million dollar make-over, including the nation's best new sound!
In the main room...

For the first time in America LIVE...
TALAMASCA
<3D VISION, FRANCE> AND DJ SET

For the first time in America...
ATOMIC PULSE
<SPECTRUM, ISREAL> LIVE PERFORMANCE AND DJ SET

ALADIN PROJECT
<DOOF RECORDS, ISREAL> DJ SET

CHARLY BROWN
<TSUNAMI RECORDINGS, NYC> DJ SET

DJ UNKNOWN

Seperate "Stuck in Goa" room by Global Trance with
ALEX AND Charly brown and more...

Seperate chillout room

ESTATE
662 6th Avenue, @ 20TH STREET
NEW YORK CITY 10pm-6:30am

Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.

Available at:
Home of Trance, 122 St. Marks Place 212 477-4440
Throb, 47 Orchard Street 212 925-6069
Sonic Grove, 11 Carmine Street 212 675-5284
Satellite, 259 Bowery 212 995-1744
Vinyl Market, 241 E10th Street 212 539-1203
Hoomoos Asli, 100 Kenmare Str. 212 966-0022
Satellite, Boston 617 536-5482
611, Philadelphia 215 413-9100
Tickets also available online at homeoftrance.com @ $30 while you browse through America's Largest Trance selection!

Tsunami’s 24 hour information line: 212 439-8124
Visit us in Miami at the WMC 2003 on Friday March 21st.
Next Tsunami dates in New York are April 18th or 19th, May 30th or 31st, June 27th or 28th...

www.tsunami-trance.com           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
CandyFlip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 27, 2003 23:13
ahhh finally we talk 'business'

Talamasca and Tamiz(Atomic) play LIVE together at one party...well what can i say...heard both of em' play in Bombay last year which turned out to be Two crazyyyy nite's!!

Great mixing + Good vibes = Talamasca
Fine taste + Dancefloor killas's = Atomic

Ny ppl 'DONT MISS' this one at any cost!!

Great news and good going Tsumani

Boom!

P.S. :- just hope they both show up
Mammoth Hunter

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 27, 2003 23:59
CandyFlip,

I am definitely going to miss this one. At all costs!!!

Here is why: I am going to a party with DJ Bim from Medium records that Omnitribe had scheduled on the same date in January. At this point, it should be pretty clear to everybody why Tsunami has scheduled their party at the same date and booked, I admit, such a killer line-up. But this is not about big names and flashy clubs. It has never been!

I like my parties underground, not in a mainstream dance club, where more than half the people do not even know who Talamasca or Atomic Pulse are and behave as if they are in a pick-up joint. Of course to Mr. Gartmann (excuse me if I'm not spelling his name correctly), everybody's 30 bucks are the same. Not to me. Plus you always have the "just hope they both show up" issue with Tsunami.

The 14th is going to be a David vs. Goliath and I have no doubts where I stand.

Love and Light!
CandyFlip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 28, 2003 00:39
agree to whatever u said Hunter

as i matter of fact my post would make sense to people(into psy) who know what pure mixing skills are and what a good fine set of music has to be played at a scene,whcih these Artitst will definately offer as they are known for it, and not for those who just hop there thinking its a 'pick-up' joint...

talking about underground hah....no one prefers a scene at a club..psy is all about underground..but then thats up to the organisers how they do it...we have no say in that!
infact a underground scene with such a line-up would have been much appreciated by all!

well i had no clue untill now that 'omnitribe' is doing sumthin on the same day!!

i doubt il make it too for this one cuz i wont be in NY on that day ...

peace!!
le_lotus_604
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Feb 28, 2003 01:04
of course all of us rather go to 'underground' parties !
but as far as I read on this forum, it's hard to have
psy-trance parties outside LA, SF or NYC
and we should appreciate the chance we have to be in those cities
where ppl spend time (and $ sometimes) to launch those parties

the problem is, is there enough ppl for an underground party to break even (U need to pay for the DJs, their plane tixs, the hotel, also the place) !!!
It's pretty risky,
and finally, saw Lestat twice... and those are some of the bests sets I've ever see. (and pretty sure Atomic blasts too)
Elias h

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 28, 2003 03:54
same here, fed up with tsunami "parties"
omnitribe looks nice
scandalist

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 28, 2003 05:53
first time live?

i saw talamasca doing a live and dj set in SF last year....

and about the club thing...look past it...you have one of the best djs and one of the best lives acts in our scene...

if i was in NY i would definetly go to this..
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Feb 28, 2003 10:22
Im with Hunter and Candy on this one, felt like i had to post it, but read the this forum well and you will know where i stand in the tsunami issue... see you at David's.......           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
arrya
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Mar 4, 2003 10:33
people people people ...

its cedric .. how can you possibly not go ? i doubt that tsunami will screw us over this ime, maybe im just an optimist. hell, im going and buying my tickets tomorrow .. its just upsetting that its at the same venue, even after all that we said to tsunami about the security/lack of deco/ expensive water last time ..

anyway .. will be ther efor sure ..

go NYC !!!           paagal power ..
psy druid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 4, 2003 15:44
even though i've wanted to see talamasca for ages after last months tsunami (my first) i promised my self i wouldn't go again. i hope everybody who goes has a better party than i did
illusion

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 4, 2003 17:44
man, i aint missing talamasca for shit, and as far as the club scene goes, why do you people care so much, cus they dont know the music, cus they looking for girls,big freakin deal, who ever heard of a trance scene with girlfriends and boyfreinds, relax yourselves on the house scene, they are ok, some of them might be trippin so hard they might actually like the music, and besides we should welcome them..........
psy druid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 4, 2003 20:03
its all about creating the right atmosphere and environment for the specific type of music. the people and the place are therefore x dreamly important for creating a bonza psy trance party and these two factors at tsunami are the opposite of what is functional for a ci-ka-del-ic ex-tra-va-kan-za. i didn't think it mattered as much until i went to tsunami
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Mar 5, 2003 00:39
Talamasca and Atomic Pulse?

Full on music at its best.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Infinite_Sun

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 7, 2003 18:06
It sucks, that good acts are coming to such crap parties. I'll be at omnitribe that night enjoying myself.
keith

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 7, 2003 18:44
yes i agree that talamasca and atomic pulse is a kickass lineup for a party. In any other situation, that would garauntee a rockin good time. but... Estate sucks!! seriously guys, i was trying to dance at the last tsunami party and was squeazed in by booty grinding ghetto sluts, greasy horny dudes, drugged out zombies and drug dealers. no space to escape, no room to breath. general all around bad vibes. i didnt start having fun until about 5 am when everyone started leaving. if you like glam clubs, then go. i wont though
peace
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Talamasca NY March 14th 2003

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance