Music Is The Drugss..
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Nov 11, 2002 10:59
Only now I got to listen to this c.d.
Boy oh boy this album is genious!!!
At time sprogressive, at times full on, amazing c.d!!!           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Beartrap Machine
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 22, 2005 01:32
It is now mid-2005, and I am still listening to this album. To me, it was a groundbreaking psytrance cd. Dado truly merged different styles seamlessly. The compositions function on a highly evolved level. The track that starts with the drum 'n bass is still an absolute mindfuck to me. The way it flows is totally psychedelic. Also, it is not just a compilation of tracks. It is a strong, conceptual coherent album.

Dado, if you are reading this: This album totally redefined my way of looking at psytrance and has had a lasting effect on my taste to this day.

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 11:04
I'm confused. I want to buy this album, but all the bad vibes in this thread keeps me from purhesing it. And then, at the end. Candy, whom I trust raises this album up in the air, and praises it. Well ... Should I buy it or not? Is it tripper friendly, is it genius. Is it crap?

Which Synthetic album should I go for if not this release?

thanks
14-year old e-tard
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 11:44
This LP is not bad at all. Personally I prefer 100% to Body & Soul. Its more diverse (some people will prefer the more consistant B&S though) and comparing the best tunes of the two LPs, 100% stands out, for me. Also I think the production in 100% is better. Its just that this came out shortly after a bunch of amazing Dado/GBU 12"s, which were absolutely banging and psychedelic as well. The expectations were raised to extreme heights, hence the dissapointment.
          Me>You
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 14:18
Kire-Naj buy it.

Its a very good album though at the time i got released people had Synthetic in their mind as a hard psy tech project with massive tunes like Cosmos 99,Metal Gear,Cyclone and more.

People were waiting for this kind of music but the album has just 2-3 tracks that move into this direction though less hardcore.

So logically people were dissapointed since when you wait for something else and you get something else then you get suprised and oftenly dissapointed.

Overall though this is a great album with much innovation and great production and still stands out in our days.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 17:56
This one's much better than BS, oups, i mean B&S

Im more into the tech grooves and Icy is the killer track on this one..

im not sure if you should still buy this album, since its kinda old.. i'd save up for something new when he releases more music, like for instance, on the new "Gray Area VA" comming very soon !!           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 9, 2006 18:00
Quote:

On 2006-02-09 17:56, clown wrote:
im not sure if you should still buy this album, since its kinda old..

Come on now mister. That has nothing to do with it .. I'll play old tracks in my sets. No problem. .. I think I will go with Detox's advice and buy it. + If it's so good that you prefer it over B&S, then I should deffently get it
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 9, 2006 18:30
Just ordered it.
14-year old e-tard
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 19:18
Dunno if these got released on CD, but if you have decks then check the following 12"s:
Cosmos 99, Cyclone, Metal Gear, Even Dwarfs and L.S.D. (synthetic rmxs), Mescalito, Pura Vida, La Caixa, El Marriachi, Le Hazard.           Me>You
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 21:32
Cosmos 99,Metal Gear,Mescalito and La Caixa have been released on cds as long as i remember correctly about my personal collection.

The rest are available only on vinyl as i can also recall.

Kire-naj wise choice my friend.

By the way dear clown good music still is good music specially when we talk about psy trance where very very few good releases make it on the market,thanks for the suggestion of my new compilation anyway LOL           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Beartrap Machine
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 12, 2006 15:23
I don't understand why people criticized this album so much.

100% fresh music with phenomenal production!

Just listen to it with an open mind. I reckon it is a supreme balls to the wall psychedelic album.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Synthetic-100% Pure
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance