First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Synthetic-100% Pure

DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jun 30, 2002 13:53
This is the debut album for Frederic Holyszewski's Synthetic project after several releases on various compilations and two amazing EP's from Twisted Records.This one was one of the albums that i very patiently waited to be released and as soon as it fall into my hands i couldnt hide that stupid smile from my face.

Tracklist
01.Synthetic-Africa
02.Synthetic-Gotcha
03.Synthetic-Solid
04.Synthetic-Icy
05.Synthetic-Seeing out the angel
06.Synthetic-Reprezent
07.Synthetic-Absynthetic
08.Synthetic-The time bandits (Vampires in the drainpipe edit)
09.Synthetic-Patch
10.Synthetic-Pulp
11.Synthetic-Duplo
12.Synthetic-Final Fantasy

Well the first track is really a piece of art,as its name indicates Africa contains some african vocals and big drum sounds,very danceable track with top quality production,best track of the album for me.The next two tracks Gotcha and Solid are not the usual Synthetic style at all,they seemed to clubby to me and i was somehow surpised since i expected something more hardcore than this.Average tracks both of them.The fourth track Icy is a very nice tune and it also reminded me of the old classic Transwave hit My Dear Medical Insurance because that old guitar melody sounds almost the same to me as the melody in this Synthetic track,really nice work here by Dado.Seeing Out The Angel isnt a track exactly,its a two minutes blend of morning chill out sounds that has to be the intro for the next track of the album which is Reprezent.Well Reprezent has some good melodies in it but nothing more than that,a very average track this one.Absynthetic is the track that i liked the least from this album,not my cup of tea.The eighth track is a remix to an older Synthetic track,The Time Bandits was a very nice track at its times and this is a very good remix that worths your attention.Tracks nine and ten really shouldnt be here,Dado experiments with his sound but i would like to hear tracks like Cosmos 99 or Cyclone instead for these two here.Duplo is again an experimental track but this time we have something really really good,i wished it lasted longer than 3 minutes.Finnaly we have Final Fantasy which is just the outro of this album.Well i expected much more from Synthetic,i was somehow dissapointed from this release,i would like to hear something more dynamic and full on.I liked a lot Africa and Icy but i am in the very sad position to say that this album didnt worth all of its money.I hope for something much better in the future.
          Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Jun 30, 2002 13:58
excellent, great, fuckin killer review lol....

The album not very good imho           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
hercules
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jun 30, 2002 19:38
The album starts with a really impressing track and you wait to listen the rest trax quite anxiously but a big dissapointment comes after this.
I have been waiting for this release ages now but from what I listened it did not worth it.
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jun 30, 2002 19:53
well is this cd a nominee for the dissapointment of the year?
We shall find out when the time comes.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Jul 1, 2002 09:06
Very unfortunate. Anybody like this or is it still too early? I couldn't really tell too much from the samples.           Both teams played hard
GIGI

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 1, 2002 10:37
After the long await , i expected much more interesting and refreshing stuff here .
cant really figure out most of this album, and believe me i tried. Too bad that albums standards doesnt come close with ours...
          TOO WIERD TO LIVE, WAY TO RARE TO DIE!
I ALSO HAVE MY ATTORNEY WITH ME...
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jul 1, 2002 15:20
well sorry... but i realy dont know what u r talking about - the album is AMAZING!!!!

we all know that dado is one of the most expensive Dj/performar in the scene and the album is an explanation for it.

if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jul 1, 2002 19:18
This Album is Great Weird Album....what amazing sounds, baseline, kick, with combination of drum & African vibes. this album is not easy listening.
Hard-Core to the bone ....
          (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
hercules
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jul 1, 2002 22:35
As I told before this album is not what I was expecting.
After cosmos and the rest trax on twisted,is out there anybody who is satisfied with his new album???
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jul 2, 2002 00:15
Not me           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 2, 2002 21:27
imo... ppl came to this album with very specific expectations.
i think that dado is not an artists wich u can prosecut his music or "label" it... this guy touches almost all kind of electronic music and style (progg, tech, dub, jungle, ambient... just name it).
like i did... u should come with an open mind to the listening experience (especialy the first).

imo this is a great example for an artists cd...
i had an amazing experience listening to it.

and this is only the musical side...
IMOH the cd is almost perfect - production, design, title, track order, track choice...

much respect to dado and a huge BOOM to solstice music for this release.

enjoy           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jul 2, 2002 22:13
well, dont realy understand why ppl expect only full on on dado album. heard once about cypher ?? if so, u sure know dado first and only (i think) solo album till today is a experemantal electronc music with hard psy house influences + everything u dont exept to hear.
he is surpirze lover...           Believe your soul !
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jul 3, 2002 01:55
This is one of those albums that I would love to download and test drive before I buy it. Won't buy it now I guess..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Jul 3, 2002 02:21
No Expectations - No Dissapointments
          "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 3, 2002 02:31
or maybe.... expect the unexpected           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Synthetic-100% Pure

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance