Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: Sonica 2006 Italian Electronic Music Festival 21 to 24 of July::..
← Prev Page
24 25 26 27 28 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

..:: Sonica 2006 Italian Electronic Music Festival 21 to 24 of July::..

Jespar

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 25, 2006 17:44
Wonderful festival, allthough I had to leave soon monday. Really kind people everywhere and very interesting music. Wow.

My friend Mikkel and I just got home from there, and here's a couple of pictures - enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/poz7b
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jul 26, 2006 03:03
So, just came back from 2 wonderful weeks in Italy - and 5 days at Sonica 2006!

I arrived Thursday around 2 o'clock in staggering 35 degrees heat - and right before a pretty big fire at the entrance-area. Shockingly enough it took the fire brigade something like 45 minutes to show up, but luckily a lot of partygoers took action and brought the fire under control by themselves. Big thumbs up for that.

Afterwards I met up with some old friends from Holland, Sweden, Spain, England and Denmark and had a few beers before I set up my tent and gazebo before finally going to sleep pretty early in the evening.

Friday was spent meeting more old friends, chilling at the chilloutstage for the first part of the day before going to the mainstage to catch the opening act Yage, which was more than one hour delayed. I had never heard of Yage before, so I didn't know what to expect - it turned out to be quite mediocre full on, and I really feel it was a mistake putting them as an opening act for the festival. I don't remember most of the rest of the lineup for Friday, apart catching a few tunes from Dino Psaras set early in the night - even with some Cydonia-material in there if I'm not mistaken. I was pretty tired and wanted to catch the progressive daytime on Saturday, so I went to bed pretty early though.

Saturday was mainly spent at the mainstage - it was the first time I was dancing, so I was quite glad that there was plenty of shade to block the dancers from the staggering sun (there was even 40 degrees in the shade!). I missed Polaris in the morning, but caught most of Peter Digitals set. He started out with progressive psy (with an interesting remix of Union Jack) but turned more and more towards housey electro stuff. Ok set, but not the best I've heard from him. Silicon Sound and Jaias Even11-project was on afterwards and they started with the amazing "Oblivion" (with an alternative intro) but also turned into a more electro-progressive sound with lots of trancey elements. Very much like the Silicon Sound remix of Side-A's "Synopsis". I think it was D-Nox and Beckers who went on afterwards with a DJ-set, followed by Ticon and Atmos - all 3 where pretty good, but with Atmos as my personal favourite, with a lot of new unreleased material.

After a long break where we could hear some terribly misplaced trance-music in the chillout, Ozric Tentacles went on the mainstage in the beginning of the evening. I had only heard little material by them before the festival, and even though it hadn't impressed me a lot, I had kindda liked it. The organisers deserve some credit for having guts to book a non-trance act for the mainstage, but in all honesty their liveset turned out to be a huge disappointment for me personally. Prometheus who went on afterwards definitely cheered me up though, as he delivered one of the best sets of the festival - he started out with the track he recently made available for download, followed by some well-known material slowly raising the intensity before finishing with some truly mindbending intense psychedelic nightmusic. Wow. After hearing the first 2 full-on tracks by the DJ who went on afterwards, I quickly went to bed to catch the Ultimae-day in the chillout on Sunday.

Sunday started in the chillout with the Ultimae-dedicated day. I missed Carbon Based Lifeforms, but did manage to catch some of the Ultimae DJ's and AES Dana live - he finished a great set with well-deserved applause after playing what sounded like a really cool remix of Etnicas "Triptonite". At 14:30 I went for the mainstage to hear Zen Mechanics live, and he really rocked the floor. His set was more full on than I had expected, but definitely of high quality - fun, quirky and very enjoyable. Tristan went on live afterwards and his set was equally amazing, starting out with a groovy Beach Boys-inspired intro and playing some really outstanding festival-trance. Allaby took over after Tristan, and his set was even better - he has an incredible drive to his music you don't find with many artists. I think the best fit description could be that it's close to the new Man With No Name material, but with a progressive edge.

After some pretty hefty alcohol-consumption it all got pretty hazy, but I know that FREq took over after a progressive DJ-set (the DJ even played some FREq-material, how weird is that?) and his set was kind of ok - his music always rocks the crowd, but I wasn't very impressed. The highlight of his set also happened on the dancefloor where 3 guys, chasing a ball went straight in the mud in front of the stage, followed by one of them mooning the entire dancefloor - to much applause Jaļa played a nice set afterwards (although not as good as his outstanding set at VooV last year), followed by a liveset by D-Nox and Beckers. Even though it to me felt very misplaced in the dark evening, I'm guessing it was good, but I'm afraid the alcohol left out the details - the same goes for Younger Brother in the chillout later that same evening.

Monday was the last day for me - and unfortunately I had to leave pretty early so I missed Panick and Hallucinogen on the mainstage and Gaudi, Eat Static, Ott and Tripswitch in the chillout - at that point I was kind of upset that the organisers put so many of the headliners in the chillout on the last day when the lineup on the first days were a lot "weaker".

Sonica was a great festival, even though it wasn't as well-organised as I had thought, with trouble with the lineup, powerfailures, delays etc. There weren't as many people as I had expected - which definitely was a good thing, as the atmosphere was really positive and quite intimate despite the very international crowd.

What I've heard from people who where there last year, was that the food was amazing - and I definitely concur, even though the prices at some of the stalls where a bit too high for my liking.

If I where to change something for next year concerning the music, I would have preferred a few more hours of progressive during the day (and not in the dark, like D-Nox & Beckers live), another act than Yage to open the mainstage, a better soundsystem in the chillout and no trance-music in the chillout. But generally I was very pleased, and I heard a lot of memorable sets.

Thanks to the organisers for a lovely (but hot and dusty!) festival. Hope to see you again next year.          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
constantine
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 26, 2006 05:55
it was a blast, and to me worth coming there from israel. big respect to event organizers and greets to all the lovely people i got to meet.
it's 6am and i'm gonna catch my after-flight sleep now :>
fairystel

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 26, 2006 16:33
Once again it was amazing... Beautiful smily people everywhere... great music... the Sonica vibe...
Thanx again tu all of U for this magic time and see U next year
D.vision
Freedom Fighters

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 26, 2006 21:59
fantastic festival thanx to sonica organization for everything and speacialy to trance karma crew for the absolutly fantastic conditions they created there, a festival as i've never seen.. later i will make a more detailed review as ive just arrived portugal from italy
thanx so much for the party and cya soon           http://www.utopia-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/freedomfightersmusic
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Jul 27, 2006 14:54
I just came back from that great festival.
But I'd really like to listen back some of the sets.

Would anyone know if there any recordings on the internet to download?
I'm especially interested in Bamboo Forrest.
marion

Posted : Jul 27, 2006 17:38
hellou
I agree it was amazing....,
could you write me timetable on main stage pls...
bubble

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 27, 2006 18:45
Great Festival !!!! Congrats to Edoardo and the Sonica crew!!
Top 3:

1. Prometheus
2.Tristan
3.Atmos

SEEE YOU ALL IN OZORA , HUNGARY!!!!
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Jul 27, 2006 20:03
Got wasted, was fun.
Massive respect to Matt Allaby, you are the man matey!!!
The highlight of the festival, so happy for you man
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Optical illusionS

Posted : Jul 28, 2006 10:10
Amazing Festival!!!

Yes Matt, we were triping and flying with your music. good work!

..::StringArt::..

http://www.myspace.com/stringart_psydeco
The Kaa
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Jul 28, 2006 11:07
Very upset of that rain on the last day, it made me miss again the end of the festival ( last year I left earlier) so I guess I'm damned with this festival's closing sets eheheh. Anyways I had a great time, especially on Saturday morning following all the progressive masterfreaks!! WOw what a day it was, grooving under the sun for more than 8 hours! My favourites were, Wizzy Noise, Even 11, Silicon Sound, Jaia, and Allaby (really nice to meet you mate, we'll catch soon hopefully) and of course the master himself: Jotti Siddhu

See you all at Rhythm of Peace.
          Out Now >> V.A "1001 Flights" (Air Snare recs)

Tribal Vision rec. | Air Snare rec.
Dvj | Producer | Label manager
www.thekaa.com | www.airsnare-records.com | www.tribalvision.cz
DreadFil

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 28, 2006 12:21
Yeah had a groovy time, great weather apart from that thunderstorm on Monday night. it was a bit disorganised and over-priced, but I guess its still a fairly new festival and can only improve. Just love that lake though!!!           Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.

*THE FUTURE IS FLUORO*
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jul 28, 2006 14:59
Quote:

On 2006-07-27 17:38, marion wrote:
hellou
I agree it was amazing....,
could you write me timetable on main stage pls...

Saturday morning to Saturday afternoon:

09:30 Peter Didjital
??:?? Even 11
??:?? D-Nox & Beckers DJ
??:?? Ticon
??:?? Atmos

Break

Saturday evening to Monday evening (note that the times aren't the exact times the acts played, but the times provided beforehand):

19:00 Ozric Tentacles
20:30 Prometheus
21:30 Mack
23:30 Psychotrop
01:30 Gugha
03:30 Wizzy Noise
04:30 Frequency Surfer
05:30 Space Tribe
06:30 Shane Gobi
08:30 Shanti
09:30 XP Voodoo
11:30 Tikal
12:30 Buzz-T
14:30 Zen Mechanics
15:30 Tristan
16:30 Allaby
17:30 Gino
19:00 FREq
20:00 Jaia
21:00 D-Nox & Beckers Live
22:00 Rafael Dahan
00:00 The First Stone
01:00 VOR
03:00 PTX
04:00 Etnica
05:00 Joti Sidhu
06:00 Bamboo Forest
08:00 Dimitri
09:00 Panick
11:00 Kaio
12:00 Space Cat
13:00 Wrecked Machines
15:00 Ans
16:00 Silicon Sound
18:00 Edoardo
19:00 Orion
20:00 Hallucinogen           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Jul 28, 2006 15:46
yep, just to notic that saturday night the line up has been delayed till shane gobi, prometheus started 1h after at 21h30, mack at 22h30, me at 0h30 .......           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
www.myspace.com/djpsychotrop
www.soundcloud.com/dj-psychotrop
www.facebook.com/psychotropamertume
fairystel

Posted : Jul 28, 2006 16:17
...and that Frequency Surfer didn't play. After Wizzy Noise was Space Tribe, and what a night !!! Shane Gobi with the sunset... simply magic with a man doing salutations to the sun...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - ..:: Sonica 2006 Italian Electronic Music Festival 21 to 24 of July::..
← Prev Page
24 25 26 27 28 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance