Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - review: shpongle may 2nd 2009 @ irving plaza, NYC
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

review: shpongle may 2nd 2009 @ irving plaza, NYC

MadPsyintist

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 13, 2009 21:02
Just to bring everything back around full circle like everything else in life....

shpongle led me to hallucinogen which led me to psy trance as a whole... which led me to gaian mind monthlies and gmsf which led me to a whole world of insanity and sick music by people who post daily on this board. Now I wake up everyday at 7 am to my roomate blasting tunes he got directly from you wichdokta. In a sense, Simon's music brought me to yours...even if they are dimensions away from one another.
psynoobie

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 13, 2009 21:40
Quote:

On 2009-05-13 21:02, MadPsyintist wrote:
shpongle led me to hallucinogen which led me to psy trance as a whole... which led me to gaian mind monthlies and gmsf which led me to a whole world of insanity and sick music by people who post daily on this board. Now I wake up everyday at 7 am to my roomate blasting tunes he got directly from you wichdokta. In a sense, Simon's music brought me to yours...even if they are dimensions away from one another.

Yes this is the upside - commercial psy hits the mainstream culture which wouldn't be exposed to the genre otherwise. And I think this is extremely positive - spreading the "psytrance" word to those who would have never heard it otherwise.
I know many people who recall hallucinogen and infected mushroom when the word psytrance is uttered....
And as much as I dislike that type of music I feel happy and excited that these people are aware of psytrance and am able to show them what true psytrance is because of it....

how is our scene supposed to grow if nobody know??
emilybobemily

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 14, 2009 02:42
Quote:

On 2009-05-13 21:02, MadPsyintist wrote:
Just to bring everything back around full circle like everything else in life....

:queues that song from the Lion King:
maximjou
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : May 14, 2009 18:07
Quote:

On 2009-05-11 21:59, Axis Mundi wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-05-11 19:19, maximjou wrote:
WOOOWWW why is everyone talking ^(*IT about simon he makes some of the most beutiful music out there, he didnt leave the scene hes moving beyond it, Camp Bisco is what introduced him to a diffent audience and people love him, everyones likes his musis my friends who listen to punk rock and metal like him, you cant not like his music and at the end of the day its all its about. He makes people happy and enjoy themselves, and if he makes millins of dollars good for him he deserves every penny. And all you psy trancers and producers that are hating him for leaving the sceene or anything else STOP being so judgemental because maybe thats why you guys are still playing forest parties and not big inernational festivals with demand. I know alot of u say a small festival has better vibes and good people and all. well so do big festivals and so does camp bisco. Tired of people talking garbage about one of the best producers out there. I mean SKAZI AND IM yeh sure , but simon? and seconds of all he doesnt have to listen to anyones demos if he doesnt want to, atleast hes honest hes gotta go make his own money. now that he woke people up and everyone wants to go see him he dseserves all that money. And once you crying producers get to that level then maybe you should take the money and live a comfortable life instead of being real and at the end of the day sleeping on a couch.

I'm not sure which "producers" you're talking to, but if you're referring to me since my name is in blue, then maybe you should go back and re-read my post where you will see that I was actually defending Simon's position and offering a different viewpoint as to the truth of how people's musical tastes change. OOOD is the only other "producer" in this thread that I can see who has posted anything, and quite frankly, since I as well as most others can't really hold a candle to his talent or experience in the musical scene (especially the UK scene which he is an intimate part of as well as his colleague Simon) I'm inclined to take what he has to say seriously, on top of the fact that Colin is not the kind of person who would "talk shit" about a person for no good reason. (Besides, I highly doubt that OOOD sleeps on a couch unless he chooses to... don't know what sleeping on couches has to do with your point or what you're trying to say about people's social status relating to your own, but whatever. COuches aren't so bad.) So maybe you should too, and not open your yap spilling out the same sort of behavior you are accusing the rest of us for doing, kthxbai.

Agree no disrespect intended, im not talking about anyone in particular,just want people happy and realize that music is whats important, not how much he makes, or if he doesnt like trance, the man makes good music thats all and it just pissed me off because i remmber those IM or skazi threads,its was just a surprise that there might be a thread like that about simon, which would be total disrespect. to all the producers one love keep the tunres coming
yahshi
B.R.A.Z.I.L
Started Topics :  83
Posted : May 14, 2009 20:09
music is a product, can't run from that, parties/events are products as well, we live in a huge market space, we surrounded by it 360 deg, in fact i think our lives are administered by this hyper market...psychedelic (anything, music, lifestyle, drugs etc) are also units of commerce, so in the first place all the rants about the the holly aspects of the culture are sounding like a BS to me, sorry, spiritual growth/practice has very little to do with it, its very personal/intimate, if one cannot build his/her own unique inner temple, then it becomes what we see with the 'scene', "mega-guru-wise-talented-guy-that-does-it-for-me-everytime-i-wanna-pay-40$"....
as always, and it was like that forever, majority of consumers wanna be told what to consume, especcially!!! in USA!! and i'm sure its no news for you, that the music market in USA is still controlled by the narrow circle of corporate CEO's...imagine that, instead of having shpongle for the 10th time in NYC (i personally lost count on how many times simon and raja ram been here), there could be 10 dif events/parties with 5$ charge and local dj's/producers play them and around 100-200 people will attend each one of them, i'm not saying it doesnt happen (smaller events) but when "mega-guru-etc.." is in town the spotlight almost entirely goes there, and the rest of the events/dj's/producers are in the pitty shadow...
just my 5 cents...           -------
http://www.animaltek.net
http://www.djearthian.com
http://www.myspace.com/animaltek
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - review: shpongle may 2nd 2009 @ irving plaza, NYC
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance