Author

Questions for l337

l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Oct 23, 2006 21:31
brought to you by popular demand...

ask away...

(oh yes for all those serious-faced SA trancers out there ...this is for amusement...please dont take this seriously...i know your karma might go out of place and you may have to smudge your ass to get it back, but thats not my problem....)
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 10:58
okay, i have a question:

what does your username mean? and is it your producer name?           difficile est non saturam scribere
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 12:50
Quote:

On 2006-10-24 10:58, Caligula wrote:
okay, i have a question:

what does your username mean? and is it your producer name?

Ahh! Good question Caligula!

I would like to tell you it was given to me by the great psy baba Bom Killargh while i was astral planning in my sleep, but this is not the case.

My username is g33k-5p34k (geek-speak)for ELITE.

l337 = leet = elite

alot of people out there geek-speak spell l337 like this... "l33t" but thats wrong. Just putting that out there for those of you who are wondering.

Um...no it is not my producer name as such, tho at the moment i am not to sure at all about my producer name, i was think maybe something psychedelic like "Large Pumpkin Acid" however i duno....

but yeah, might just make it l337,even tho "l337" happens to be such an unpopular and disregarded think around here

Thanks for your question Caligula and i hope you do manage to get rid of that crotch itch!
BeatJunkie©

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 13:55
I have a question l337...

What do you think has caused the paradigm shift from trance music to R&B in South Africa?

Do you think it's fair to blame globalisation, or (bearing in mind that the shift has also allowed for the increase in the commercial viability of psytrance) do you think this has more to do with the younger generation and the insatiable need they seem to have to make things THEIRS (ie: commercial and generally crap)

Comments on a postcard please
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 14:18
Quote:

On 2006-10-24 13:55, BeatJunkie© wrote:
I have a question l337...

What do you think has caused the paradigm shift from trance music to R&B in South Africa?

Do you think it's fair to blame globalisation, or (bearing in mind that the shift has also allowed for the increase in the commercial viability of psytrance) do you think this has more to do with the younger generation and the insatiable need they seem to have to make things THEIRS (ie: commercial and generally crap)

Comments on a postcard please

Hi BeatJunkie, thanks for your interesting question.

Well, you have to look at it this way...

The paradigm shift you talk of is that of the younger generation(s) having more interest in american styled music, such as commercial hip hop and R n'B and quite frankly this comes down to the way media throws it in the way of the youngsters,...

How much 4/4 music do you hear on MTV Beatjunkie? How much do you hear on local tv. very little, this is because those that are in the power seats may not necessarily enjoy the head-pounding sounds of 4/4 (tho not as haed-pounding as those gayass american singers)

But Anyways....It however does go deeper than this... Trance music in general is seen in pretty bad light, due to the associated drug culture, and this doesnt make it too popular...with the media (that is) who have the power to say what is cool and what isnt.

I would however say to you Beatjunkie that it is not the youngsters who have brought about the paradigm shift themselves, as most kids these days are paris hilton licking lemmings who rate being cool involves having the latest cell phone, oh no , these kids are far to stupid to engineer such a paradigm shift...it is the media, and the american music scene which influences the south african scene to such an extent that we associate being hip and trendy with listening to r n' b, commercial hip hop and the crap called funky house

I hope this answers your problem Beatjunkie..and remember if the problem insists there is always haemaroids cream...never underestimate the power of that cream.

Cheers
BeatJunkie©

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 14:41

Quote:

But Anyways....It however does go deeper than this... Trance music in general is seen in pretty bad light, due to the associated drug culture, and this doesnt make it too popular...with the media (that is) who have the power to say what is cool and what isnt.

I would however say to you Beatjunkie that it is not the youngsters who have brought about the paradigm shift themselves, as most kids these days are paris hilton licking lemmings who rate being cool involves having the latest cell phone, oh no , these kids are far to stupid to engineer such a paradigm shift...it is the media, and the american music scene which influences the south african scene to such an extent that we associate being hip and trendy with listening to r n' b, commercial hip hop and the crap called funky house

I am not too sure if the 'drug' association is a good reason why trance music is no longer considered cool.

Just take a look at Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. They certainly didn't get skinny by drinking vodka and smoking cigarettes. And the latest cover of Heat magazine *vomit* will attest to that. I for one know that vodka has more calories than a slice of bread.

I understand your point.. and it is most valid. I see how globalisation has made the twin pop cultures of HipHop and celebrity Ho so incredibly alluring. It's mass-produced and easily digestible - much like the ubiquituous McD's and Levi jeans.

And I guess that is where the question answers itself. When it comes to figuring out HOW america always manages to hijack even the most discerning (previously discerning shall I say) community, you don't have to look much further than our greedy acceptance of the other American bastions of 'culture'...

On the flipside though, on that other continent (Europe) where people can actually read and write and know where Kenya is (I'm not going to mention London, where apparently half the schoolchildren don't even KNOW where the UK is on a MAP!) trance and psytrance is still a thriving scene.

Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?
          --------------------
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."
Steve Wozniak
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 14:46
[quote]
On 2006-10-24 14:41, BeatJunkie© wrote:

Quote:

Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Good Question BeatJunkie.... its does make one wonder, doesn't it!

BeatJunkie©

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 15:11
Quote:

Good Question BeatJunkie.... its does make one wonder, doesn't it!

Wow l337, if that perpetually happy Ricki Lake freak ever loses her job, I'll know JUST who to nominate in her place - you're like a ray of fscking sunshine
          --------------------
Steve Wozniak
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 16:47
"elite": why engineering?           difficile est non saturam scribere
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 17:00
Quote:

On 2006-10-24 16:47, Caligula wrote:
"elite": why engineering?

it l337 ok ...(you might make force me to start having a name comlpex)

engineering..ya nort.....

um well in the beginning i just did it cos it sounded pretty cool, my dad suggested it to me, and i was like...well fuck gota study something...why not this

turns out engineering is a whole fuck load of maths and physics...anyways tried to give up every year until 3rd year, and now i am quite keen into the whole engineering thing...money talks , but seriously i do enjoy it..

upside to engineering at university...you dont have to write essays...thank fuck...

2 more weeks to go.....2 more weeks to go....

BeatJunkie©

Posted : Oct 25, 2006 12:01
Quote:

turns out engineering is a whole fuck load of maths and physics...anyways tried to give up every year until 3rd year, and now i am quite keen into the whole engineering thing...money talks , but seriously i do enjoy it..

hahahahaha! shame l337! did you think it would be a whole lot of poetry and history? At least you can console yourself and remember that you are among the elite (haha) few that actually know what a vector is and how on earth to work out sin and cos in relation to ducks travelling on water.

Or something.

Engineers are the only people I know that can do absolutely bugger all, and make scads of money and still labour under the misapprehension that they're SPECIAL It's probably because they spend four years having to pull calculators out their asses and play with thermodynamics, instead of drinking and getting laid like all the normal kids *duck*           --------------------
Steve Wozniak
BeatJunkie©

Posted : Oct 25, 2006 12:03
I have a question, l337...

Some say you have five sets of toes. Others say you were born in space...

I just want to know what you do when you're not being l337           --------------------
Steve Wozniak
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 25, 2006 12:31
Quote:

On 2006-10-25 12:01, BeatJunkie© wrote:
Quote:

hahahahaha! shame l337! did you think it would be a whole lot of poetry and history? At least you can console yourself and remember that you are among the elite (haha) few that actually know what a vector is and how on earth to work out sin and cos in relation to ducks travelling on water.

Or something.

Engineers are the only people I know that can do absolutely bugger all, and make scads of money and still labour under the misapprehension that they're SPECIAL It's probably because they spend four years having to pull calculators out their asses and play with thermodynamics, instead of drinking and getting laid like all the normal kids *duck*

er.... thanks for the heads up Beatjunkie..
l337
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 25, 2006 12:32
Quote:

On 2006-10-25 12:03, BeatJunkie© wrote:
I have a question, l337...

Some say you have five sets of toes. Others say you were born in space...

I just want to know what you do when you're not being l337

haha (bit of a top gear moment...)

well the thing is the answer is simple.

nothing. i never stop being l337.
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 25, 2006 13:26
l337 - is it true you were involved in the infamous 'skazi-blowjob' incident a few years back?           difficile est non saturam scribere
Trance Forum » » Forum  South Africa - Questions for l337

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance