First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

psykovsky anno 2013

psymartin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 16, 2013 18:34:53
I used to love this guy. There is no doubt about tnat he is extremely gifted but since 2010/2011 i really think his music has changed to the worse (for me anyway). I heard him many times live in 2008 and 2009/2010 and it was to this day the best music i have ever heard. It was like flying through space in the worlds most badass rocket... Now his music changes in so many directions and soooooo many breaks all the time. Today i feel like his set sounds like one big build up.. Im waiting for the rocket to launch but it just never happens.. Also the new OSOM album...wtf... some elements of it is very nice but for me its just weird melodies with arcade(ish) sounds and interrupt basslines.....NOW what do you guys think of him? and you like all this new stuff
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 16, 2013 19:02
every time I have seen him live it has been a clusterfuck of noise.            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
Carbuncle
Mushroom Hunters

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Jul 16, 2013 19:07
Hmm I kind feel the same way not just for psykovsky but about kindzadza and a lot of night-time psy producers that started working in more faster tempos that is not for me.. even though I enjoyed Tanetsveta from Psykovsky very high psychedelic sound but the rest just don't fit for me
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jul 16, 2013 19:21
I used to love KDD...
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jul 16, 2013 22:12
After 999bpm they didn't know where to go from there

cheers!           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Jul 16, 2013 22:29
I really enjoy such music, it's very idm'ish & great for headphone headfuck. I've always enjoyed listening to "noise", IDM & industrial music, psykovsky et al combine all & more.

I just think a lot of you are a bunch of whiney girls.

If you don't like it dont listen & avoid the shows.

Simple.           Cuntus Maximus.
ploink

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 17, 2013 11:32
ozmike you are entitled to your opinion
but no matter what his music is not really dancefloor music anymore
its much more concert experience oriented
which the organisers should realize so we dont get 3-4 hours of no dancing in the middle of the night zzz
          Smile! Tomorrow will be worse :)
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 17, 2013 11:39
i agree it's no dance music anymore. and indeed many of those night time high bpm artist are not making any dancemusic anymore.... maybe for sofa tripping with your headphones but not for the dancefloor... i will never forget at ozora 2010 or 11 not sure... he started to play just after midnight and was after sensient I believe, man he litterarly cutt off my legs actually (and i was under a heavy acd trip) build ups and breaks and some vocals...           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2013 14:27
It's funny because when I went and saw Aphex Twin live last year I though it'd be a pretty still dancefloor. Especially when it got to the weird glitch & white noise stuff but I've never seen a dancefloor go off more.

Our scene very much seems to be stuck in a "if it's not doof doof doof doof" straight up then it's not danceable mind set.

I saw psykovsky love in 2011, and I danced my arse off. It was super funky hi-tech mind music that had a groove I found unbelievably danceable.

Compared to at the same party Neelix & Ace Venture who I found dead boring to the point of undanceable with their straight up prog style.

Each to their own I know, but just because its a different style doesn't mean you can't dance to it, you just need to find the new groove.

For a scene that promotes so much open minded ideals its becoming very closed in many ways           Cuntus Maximus.
psymartin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 17, 2013 14:59
Ozmike i also love wierd noise and crazy ryhthms and fast bpm. Actually my fav is arround 185 bpm. It has taken me 10 years to understand the music at this speed...But my problem with psykovsky today is the insanely long breaks, music goes in 10.000 directions and now suddently melodies?? .. i dont like melodies...Then i would listen to fullon instead hehe. As mentioned above it also for me complete ruins the dance trance experience - its more like being trapped in a loop.
Balcannibal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 17, 2013 20:55
Psykovsky is in a psychedelic league of his own. I don't think is music destined ONLY for dancefloors. It's a brainstorming experience. Thundering rollercoaster. Food for all senses.
Or - simply - intense saikedelik exploration!

You could dance to it, or not.. you decide.
You could try to get into, or not.. you decide.

For me personally, best danceable BPM range is between 140-160. Otherwise I'm only shaking or handbangin'
Not that I don't enjoy music (psytrance) bellow or over that "border". Psytrance is saikedelik experience with NO fucking LIMITS! You can dance, fly, jump, fuck, chill, scream or even sleep on it...
Also, you can't always identify psytrance as DANCE sensation...           Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead...
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 17, 2013 21:12
one person's delicious caviar is enough person's disgusting salty goo

doesn't mean the person who thinks it's disgusting salty goo is a whiny girl            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Jul 17, 2013 23:19
The best dance music to me is the kind that has not too much going on but enough, and which sets of EMOTIONS!!! It can be dark, it can be full on, even progressive, I like it when it sends the energy rising up in my spine and when it gives me goosebumps! Ace Ventura is the polar opposite for me, Gataka is even worse! Neelix even worse, and the worst of all is Infected Mushroom, no energy, break after break and no EMOTION!!! It is not enough to be able to make the weirdest glitches and stutters and freakiest sounds, EMOTION is needed, and drive! Psykovsky never did it for me, I honestly tried and listened to his music but it was just not for me... Kluster on the other hand always did it for me... as did many other artists.

And I can see it when I play my own music live, the tracks people like absolutely most are the tracks that make me feel the most EMOTION! That is what always gets them going, not being able to stop dancing and so on... nuff said!
          Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2013 23:24
Music is such a personal experience. Each to their own.           Cuntus Maximus.
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Jul 17, 2013 23:34
Hence why I wrote "to me"           Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - psykovsky anno 2013

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance