First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

psykovsky anno 2013

dick hardman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 19, 2013 00:48
I've got nothing wrong with the tempo or the whirly stuff but it bugs the shit out of me that this and other music in this genre can't keep a beat going long enough without changing it up or doing something distracting.
When it reaches a big fat beat, it sounds awesome and I wish it would ride like that for 5 minutes to really sink in and do some work.

OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Jul 19, 2013 01:31
As I said each to their own. It just has never bothered me if tempo or the flow stays same or changes rapidly, I just immerse myself in that moment & let go of what I want. Give myself to the music maker, not ask them to give me what I need.           Cuntus Maximus.
dick hardman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 19, 2013 01:53
Sounds like you have arrived at this open place through many years and a lot of listening experience, which is really cool.
Over time I guess I've realized or become conscious what works best for me, so I gravitate to that. I like point breaks and no crowds, so I choose my surf spots accordingly while my son will surf anywhere, any time.
BookFace

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 19, 2013 02:01
Quote:

On 2013-07-19 00:48, dick hardman wrote:
I've got nothing wrong with the tempo or the whirly stuff but it bugs the shit out of me that this and other music in this genre can't keep a beat going long enough without changing it up or doing something distracting.
When it reaches a big fat beat, it sounds awesome and I wish it would ride like that for 5 minutes to really sink in and do some work.

Thats what bugs me too. I can only get into it for so long
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 19, 2013 04:14
I'd love to hear what you think of Infect insect then.nowrslnalmy, a psychedelic IDM genius IMO.           Cuntus Maximus.
BookFace

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 19, 2013 06:31
This hurt my brain and caused physical discomfort. But I appreciate it since I presume that this is the artists intention

Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 19, 2013 15:58
this was and still is the shit for me from the man:

to use your head you have to go out of your mind
dick hardman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 19, 2013 21:02
Infect Instinct is rad shit. I liked it the first time I heard it years ago. Massive attach of sound and I love that high energy rush. But, it's not trance, for me. He hits a good steady beat 4 minutes in on this track and if he'd keep that up for the rest of the track I'd love to have it on the dance floor (forest floor, rather). But he doesn't. It's sound design, so he's not going to keep anything the same for any length of time. I appreciate it for different reasons than psytrance.

I remember that Psykovsky track and I like it.
Vermeee
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Jul 20, 2013 17:38
to hear osom records track in ur house can be quite annoyin ispecialy if u are listenin to it as it s in the cd for a dance floor but specialy if u are into musical production there are other ways to listen into house enviroments that can be quite fun,,,,

also psykovisk each year that pass gets better and beter in thee dance floor , its a totaly new way of drivin the dance floor obviously it may not entertein everyone coz of high bpm but i realy pity people who cant understand what they are tryin to play coz you have no fuckin ideia what u are loosin.... ow and im no realy a high bpm fan like its trendy nowadays...for me most of high bpm music ( i consider high bpm , higher than 160 bpms ) are quite annoyin...

http://soundcloud.com/bgos
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jul 20, 2013 22:08
That freaks of nature stage was pretty trippy itself.

cheers!           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jul 21, 2013 00:05
I've enjoyed the newer style on the dancefloor on numerous occasions, but when I go back to the older tunes, I find them more enjoyable.

Moreover, like others have said, I do wish the new style tracks would keep a beat going.           http://soundcloud.com/herbert-quain
psychedanic

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 21, 2013 13:29
His set at Freqs of Nature blew my fuckin' mind. Definitely the most psychedelic music set I have ever heard... Lots of twists and turns, all arranged in a very clever way, with lots of psychedelic subtlety as well as down-right silliness and, of course, intensity. It was incredible. <3
JohnDoe

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 21, 2013 18:21

For me this is the real magic from Psykovski floating very flowy with huge space to open the ``secret book`` what you want to read
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jul 22, 2013 07:38
I should add that I think one of the reasons his newer stuff works for me on the dancefloor, but lacks the same magic at home is that it induces a trance state through overstimulation. So, in some sense, having the groove of Golden Green Shit, or the epic pacing of North or South, might not work as well in the newer material.           http://soundcloud.com/herbert-quain
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 22, 2013 08:44
Yeah that's what I found when I saw him a couple of years ago. Also the same in a way with Aphex Twin live last year. AT worked from every genre of EDM up to an epic finale of chaos, distortion & white noise. I was drug & alcohol free but had never had a trance experience like it before. The only thing better I've had trance wise was the post punk band Swans earlier this year. They completely tranced me out to the point of visual hallucinations even though I was sober!!           Cuntus Maximus.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - psykovsky anno 2013
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance