Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Psience Sun And Lion (Saturday 15th February 2003)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psience Sun And Lion (Saturday 15th February 2003)

Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jan 14, 2003 20:07
Technical Wizardry and NCA Projects
.....Presents....:

Psience Sun And Lion
Saturday 15th February 03
from 10pm until 8am @ EQ Arena
East Cross Centre, Western Road, Hackney Wick London E15

Psi-On Zone : Live

Son Kite (Sweden / Digital Structurs) * first UK Appearance
Element (Germany / Spirit Zone) * First UK Appearance

DJ's:

Dominic Lamb (Flying Rhino Records)
Mike Maguire (Qube Records)
Marcus (Sweden / Digital Structures)
Tim Mcgregor (Liquid Collective)
James K (Team Energy)

Fusion Zone: Live

Trumpet Fish (Graham Wood - Infinity Project)
Red Seal (Flying Rhino Records)

DJ's

Seb (Sweden / Oooze Records)
Lunchie (Ahimsa / Huber Brothers)
Lee (Alchemy Records)

Live 3d Motion Capture dance visuals by psiberia, projects by evp, fluoro by prana.

Advanced tickects £15 available from:

psy dream tample: stables market camden 020 7267 8528
access all areas: kentish town road camden 020 7267 8320
di"fjuzen: 195b portobello road W11 07973 90672
Psiberia: 250 kilburn lane queens park 020 8960 1988

for info contact: t_wizardry@hotmail.com
          (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
hugo cyanescent

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 14:11
Who's going to this one then?
If I've read the flyer right you get four (!) live sets for your £15, and it goes on until 8. Sounds like a bargain to me...

Music might be OK too ;-)
morph27
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 14:59
having a weekend of me - but have a good one whoever go's!
liquid ross
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Feb 12, 2003 14:42
im told Element are not playing - does anyone know anything more on this ... ?
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 16, 2003 23:12
ho, What a Strange night.....

i came to the EQ at about 24:00 and the first thing i noticed is that the people are strange then usual, i think were some techno people there.

was it Tim mcgregor play when we came in, jon !?
he was very progressive (wich i like) and i felt strange to be in a progressive trance party in London, where most of the people here like full on, but the crowd loved it (maybe some of them was not used to this kind of music, but the vibe was building in the crowd.

then Marcus from Son Kite gave a very good dj set, progressive with lots of groove in it.

and the moment we all being waiting for, Son Kite Live...and i loved every second of it, hipnotic, groovy, great sounds, sharp production, just great. , when Seb start playing the violine that was wicked stuff , the thing is that i thing they need to play after element and not before, but hey....

then the guy from Flying Rhino gave some acidic mixed with progressive full-On stuff, some of it was great but he had to many breaks in his set wich put you out of the focus :?

A N Y W A Y.......i went to the chill out room to listen to seb, and it was very good indeed, not stuff to dance for but still to drink a beer and relax.

in about 4:30 Element (yes, they did show up) gave us 100% live act with drums and guitars.....But some of thier stuff make the crowd danced like crazy's but some of it was to flat (nothing to look forward to all the tracks are quite the same), but still i enjoyed most of the set.

N O W ...................... its 6:00 in the morning and you have 2 more hours for the party, yea !?
Wrong.!!!! is you stayied untill 8:00 you fucked, mike mcgregor (or who ever he call him self), gave us some of the worst music in the industry and i mean bad as in B A D, The production of the tracks sound like someone made this tracks on Impulse tracker, bad mixing, bad everything, at this point i had to go to the chill area before i explode.

ho ho ...but wait now James k is playing, and i must tell this and i know im a bit harsh on this review but in 30 mins set he made the crowd go home as soon as possible, really cheesy music, and his mixing were amazing....he start each track from the begining, cut it in the middle (when there is still kick), and start another track from the begining....what the hell is he doing !?!?!?!?!?

soooooooo............if i left the party at 6:00am i would say in my review "Amzing music all night"

but these 2 last hours just put away my son kite live or element, and all i can remember is Mike Mcgregor and james K.

anyway, im tierd so all in all (no actually from 24:00 to 6:00, was very good music progressive to the head.)

wooooooooo........ how much i talk

Good Night !! Cheers

hugo cyanescent

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 17, 2003 14:12
I think you pretty much summed it up, Asi. Son Kite were amazing but should have played later - the crowd could have done with a bit more warming up first. Element were sometimes wicked, but I wasn't that into some of their tunes with vocoded vocals - a bit too depeche mode IMO.

A couple of points that Asi missed: Red Seal's live set in the chill-out room was really good - it was worth going to the party just to see son kite and them, and EVP's live projections were also cool. Decor was a bit disappointing apart from that - the drapes were OK but not amazing, and there weren't enough of them. The chill-out room especially could have done with more decoration. They could have done more with the lighting in the main room, too.

I'm not sure what was up with the crowd - there seemed to be a lot of wasted blokes trying it on with any girl they stumbled across. Not really a problem for me personally, but this was a psy-trance party, not a cheesy meat-market! A bit of restraint and respect makes the party more fun for everyone.

Hmm - I seem to be being a bit overly negative. The bottom line is that I had a good time despite these minor niggles - well worth the trip to see Son Kite and Red Seal.
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 17, 2003 17:37
hehe asi : look at the lineup a couple of posts up - it's mike maguire, not mike mcgregor.... and it was tim mcgregor at the start....

i had a fucking weird night actually.... from the sublime to the ridiculous?

Anyway the party started well with tim mcgregor and marcus from Son Kite warming us up. What?? Marcus == extremely talented DJ doing a warm up set?? Yup it is true. At all parties I have been to there is a period when the volume is down and sound is not so great at the start, and then everything becomes ok later on. Unfortunately Marcus was DJing in this initial period and so his (SUPERB) set was squandered.

Son Kite Live came on and (surprise surprise) the sound magically improved.... and on rolled one of the best live performances I have ever seen! I was really quite moved and it was a very musical 1.5 hours. All too often Live means 25% live and by this I mean just using a laptop + Traktor/ableton live to play some wav files. Well I think the sweet spot is when you have the above or variant, synced to a synth or something and mess around with the synth over the top. This is what Son Kite were doing PLUS they had a live electric violin which worked brilliantly. Marcus was operating the synth on most tunes and you could clearly hear every tweak he made. Great great stuff.

Element were also very live with drum kit and guitar, plus the vocals. I have problems with the vocals cos they are like Underworld in sound, but
the lyrics are pants not poetry. Live they were pushed to the back of the mix so that was ok... better than on the recent album. I actually really enjoyed their set but preferred Son Kite.

Yup Mike Maguire was a real disappointment. It was horrible to see everyone slowly grid to a halt on the dance floor. I would retreat to the chillout, meet asi on the way, shake my head at him as i passed, stay for a while chatting to ppl, return to main floor, pass Asi again ("dont bother Jon, it's terrrrible" he'd say). Id stick it out for a bit, then REPEAT the above cycle.

I think Asi is unfair to James K. Everyone was commenting on how the music was improving. Maybe the mixing was not great (but maybe you are confused with Mike Maguire : i certainly remember Mike Maguire pressing stop then play, but not James K). Anyway after Orion - Neon I was starting to think the party would be rescued until my legs were pulled out from under me :
slowly the volume was being reduced!! It was still only 8:15 or 8:30 or so and the party had some time to run.... I thought it was my imagination.... but then it was reduced again! I was really pissed off and got my coat. You dont end a party like that!!

I actually had a really great time _after_ the party hanging out at hugo's pals house and battling extreme tiredness with the help of some whisky and some fine tunes
So in fact the whole 36 hours was saved at the end (together with my memories of earlier music).

Anyway I dont want to omit the fact that for those few hours when we had good progressive music I was REALLY REALLY enjoying the change from the usual fullon at parties. I am totally glad I went along.
alexi

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 17, 2003 22:23
NOT GREAT.

Well to tell you all the truth i was not hugely impressed with the party. It seemed too wierd and some of the people that have attended were strange. I mean i got there at about 23:00 the first thing that i have hugely disliked about the party was the bar. They wouldn't exchange notes for coins for the fags machine. Then they have tried to rip me off by giving me the wrong amount of change and then saying that i have kniched few coins. I mean its not a big deal in the end of the day who cares about few coins, its the attitude that has annoyed me.

Also people were not as friendly as they usually are. Few people were friendly, I've started making conversation with them and it turned out that all they wanted was XXX.

I've also missed a plane to Russia cause of that party: was too tired. I do not think that it was worth it. (Well i hope that missing it would be worth it for Fairy Tales-Chapter 2 which i would have missed otherwise. Well lets wait and see.)

Comparing to Planet Shroom in Bristol on the 8th it really was pathetic.

(However, during some hours I was enjoying it (can't remember which...))

Thank you and I hope that my view did not affect anyone.
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2003 23:09
first of all jon, im almost sure that james k, put some really shitty tracks and each track that he put was in a diffrent volume, you know what even if it was mike maguire , it dosn't matter, they both were Bad (i remember when you said to me "that is not psychedelic trance").

a few more notes....

yes i did had fun, the music was great most of the night (24:00 - 6:00), and i met lots of nice people, but as alexi said...it wasnt the usuall party's that we all used to.

Seb
Son Kite

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Feb 17, 2003 23:24
Hi and thanks for making our liveact to something special. Me and Marcus really had a great time and we got really lost in the music (Marcus isn't paying in the synth;). The feedback from the people is more important than most think .. we felt that we got a wonderful feedback from all you guys and we're happy about that.
We though that the trance scene in Lodnon was zero and we got really surpriced that there were 2000 people.

It was a little bit sad that we had to play one o'clock ... normally we never play that early and I really don't know why they put us there.

Anyway we had a great time and we hope to come back!           Smile!
alexi

Posted : Feb 17, 2003 23:31
To Son Kite:

Thanks for the music I really was enjoying the party during the time when you were playing.
Seb
Son Kite

Posted : Feb 18, 2003 00:06
Thanks Alexi, nice to hear that your night wasn't 100% bad!           Smile!
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 00:22
Quote:

On 2003-02-17 23:24, Seb wrote:
and we got really surpriced that there were 2000 people.

seb, are you sure about that figure?
alexi

Posted : Feb 18, 2003 04:55
To: seb

Thanks man, I appriciate that u care.
Seb
Son Kite

Posted : Feb 18, 2003 13:10
The promoter told us that they had 1790 payed tickets when we left 6 o'clock in the morning. And on a party that size there is normally a very long guestlist so I don't think that my figure is unrealistic. When the promotors are normally never telling you a higher figure ...

Of course i'm not 100 % with this figure but to me it looked like a lot of people.           Smile!
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Psience Sun And Lion (Saturday 15th February 2003)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance