Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Psience Sun And Lion (Saturday 15th February 2003)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psience Sun And Lion (Saturday 15th February 2003)

jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 16:26
oops sorry for getting you guys mixed up seb:)

asi : hehe yeah i agree that both were not so hot. I remember the incident when I said 'this is not psychedelic trance'.... it was some tune which was in fact techno. I dont mean techy, i mean techno : there was no bassline at all, and it was comprised of very 'static' loops.... I like techno _a lot_, but I was already a bit worried and wanting some serious atmospheric psychedelic trance of any kind.....
Nik
Error Corrective

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 18:46
it seems that the eq isnt having a good run of reviews.
im sure son kite were good but...........
im bloody glad i stayed at home !
alexi

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 20:23
Id rather stay home as well, but in the end of the day, whats the point of regretting things. Just make a conclusion for the future.           Sins are for weak. For me there is sex, drugs and music.
Seb
Son Kite

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 22:32
Now you're making me all sad           Smile!
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 22:40
Quote:

On 2003-02-18 13:10, Seb wrote:
The promoter told us that they had 1790 payed tickets when we left 6 o'clock in the morning. And on a party that size there is normally a very long guestlist so I don't think that my figure is unrealistic. When the promotors are normally never telling you a higher figure ...

Seb, i've thrown events at the EQ since it first emerged on the psytrance scene. With 800 ppl it is full. The most ppl that i've seen there was 1,000 with Tip World @ liquid connective (and it was packed to capacity). So, its just not physically posssible to fit 2,000 people in the EQ. I would guess that there was 750 ppl (plus guests) not 1750 (2000).

Glad you had fun though.
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 23:14
Quote:

On 2003-02-18 22:32, Seb wrote:
Now you're making me all sad

seb, dont be, i really enjoy your set and the party untill 6:00.           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 23:38
i am not so sure about the EQ nick... the last party there was chichime and that was awesome....

I am not glad that I stayed at home. Or I am glad I did not stay at home, or whatever. Bear in mind that the party turned sour at 6am!!!!!! most parties finish at this time anyway. I am sure the promoter of the party would say this if they were here. Maybe i wish Id gone home at 6am.. but that is not true either cos I enjoyed chatting to folks.....

Seb
Son Kite

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Feb 18, 2003 23:55
Mike: I don't know the exact amount of people since I wasn't the one counting the money. This was the figure that they told me but if you've made parties at the same place I'm sure that you're right. But it looked much more than 750 ... it's always hard to tell the amount of people with just the eye. At the club we used to run here in Malmoe we had at most 950 people and that was half/ size of the EQ Arena???

Anyway we had a lot of fun ....

Asi: I was just kidding!           Smile!
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 19, 2003 00:07
well i am gutted that i couldn't go
i was looking forward to this for months, as soon as i found out about it.. i'm glad that son kite were good, i mean thats what i would have gone to see, and sometimes a party is more a concert with one great band and sometimes it is a big party... swings and roundabouts..

hope to see you back in the uk soon seb!

(fear not people, your once ill moderator is now pretty much recovered and will be out and about shortly )           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Feb 19, 2003 14:37
Thanks for the support jon.

eq capacity 1200.
busiest ones tip just over 1000
chichime astral projection nite just over 1000.and chichime darlksoho nite ard the same amount.
anyway fuck this capacity issue.

son kite and element rocked.
Nik
Error Corrective

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 19, 2003 15:11
ok sorry to put the eq down, i tend to blab rants. sorry seb, dont be sad, i was gonna stay at home anyway, just wanted to justify not going out to a party this week i suppose.
ive had some really good times at the eq it has a lot of good memories for me. i suppose that after reading the review again it seems the last two djs spoiled the night. its a shame really, when people have to pay for their talents - or lack of them.
i'll see you all at the Mino gig for sure!!!
adam

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 20, 2003 18:28
Am feeling particularly smug now for having left at 6.30. I was actually asleep for the last hour...not something I recommend in the EQ....can't the venue provide proper beds ? It's a disgrace. I agree, "fuck the capacity issue !" However, a couple of points on the comments so far.

Thank-you very much to Son Kite. You were amazing. I'm with Jon - one of the best lives I've ever heard. In general I thought the music was awesome all night....(remembering when I left of course). I'm staggered that some were unhappy with evening.

Now a word on Mike Maguire. I'm reliably informed by my companions for the night, as well as the good people of this forum that he was absolutlely atrocious. But this is slightly missing the point. At little respect is in order. To use a footballing metaphor, he's a bit like Lothar Mathaus. A legend and true great, but someone who never understood the concept of retirement. When the definitive history of psy trance is written, Juno Reactor will be right up there. No argument - true pioneers. Problem is Mike should have hung up his record bag long ago, instead of continuing to take to the decks, following a pre set warm up of 20 cans of stella. Nevertheless, no excuse to denigrate his legendary status, especially with cases of mistaken identity...."Mike Magregor"...Asi, how could you ???
          Bo Selecta !
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Feb 20, 2003 18:40
hehe...adam,yea, really really really sorry for the mistake , second of all he wasnt part of Juno Reactor, he just made a track or two with them.

anyway, lets not go off topic here.

(-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Feb 21, 2003 02:57
Quote:

On 2003-02-19 14:37, Kristian wrote:

anyway fuck this capacity issue.

Kristian, i am suprised at you.

Using vulgar language is not to be encouraged here. Please respect this forum (even if you do not agree with my opinion).

If the Psience Sun And Lion promoter is telling everyone that 2000 people went to his party, fair enough... personaly i don't care as long as the party is a great, and those that paid had a *magic* time...

However, if this is a blatent LIE, then this IS an issue relevant to the review! Why? Because it tells us something about the promoter, that imo they should NOT to be trusted, and that their motives SHOULD be questioned.
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Feb 21, 2003 05:03
of course i agree with your opinon mike 2000 people is a massive lie.as we both know even 1750.

respect for bible of dreams juno reactor,top artist album.
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Psience Sun And Lion (Saturday 15th February 2003)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance