Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - OFFICIAL RESULTS OF 2008 BEST OF ISRATRANCE POLL!!!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

OFFICIAL RESULTS OF 2008 BEST OF ISRATRANCE POLL!!!

FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 11, 2009 21:11
+1
bows to the parvati gringos

it is so great to see that so many enjoyed yggdrasounds and voting for it thank you

also big thanks to everyone voting for yggdrasil records in the best new lable category even tho we are not a "new" lable and got removed from the category
MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Feb 11, 2009 22:48
Since when is a remix album (that's even being presented as "Artist X - Title X" everywhere and even in the results) a compilation?

"Psyshop proudly presents the new remix album by Ace Ventura called 'Re:Boot'"

"Now, one year after the release of his now-classic debut-album 'Rebirth', we're very proud to announce one of the biggest progressive releases of the year - the double-disc follow-up remix album 'Re:Boot'."

It's indeed promoted everywhere as an "artist-album", like every other remix album in whatever genre.
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 11, 2009 23:12
Dear Mowgli not a single person voted Re:Boot as a best album while 17 people voted it as a best compilation without anyone telling them how it is classified so i guess this is the best answer to your question           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Psynthex
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Feb 11, 2009 23:14
Hey,

My opinion:

If people ( Voters / users of Isratrance ) takes this so called "album" as a compilation i am with them. Why not actually. Its their opinion anyhow. If they see it more as a compilation and less as an album...well, their mindthinking Good for them than.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers,
P.           Psynthex [ Vertikal Records ]
http://www.myspace.com/psynthex

Minniq [ Parked Below Records ]

Frequent Pill [ Ultimae Records ]
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Feb 11, 2009 23:18
the album was realeased on 2007           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
MoWGLi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Feb 12, 2009 21:17
Quote:

On 2009-02-11 23:12, DETOX wrote:
Dear Mowgli not a single person voted Re:Boot as a best album while 17 people voted it as a best compilation without anyone telling them how it is classified so i guess this is the best answer to your question

So why don't you apply that logic to the Parvati comp?
DETOX

Posted : Feb 12, 2009 21:34
Because the Parvati cd was both voted as best cd and best compilation by approximately the same number of people (4 compilation and 6 album if i am not mistaken) and it meant that some of them were wrong with their votes and thats where i have to take a decision about what is what depending also on the messages that i received like the one from bbgun that i already mentioned for example.

The main logic like i already said but noone seems to understand is that the Parvati cd features seperate tracks from three different artists therefore its a compilation and not a personal album of an individual artist or even a group.Same applies for the Ace Ventura cd that is a collection of Ace Ventura tracks remixed by other people therefore it cant be considered as an album.

This is the main logic and the main reason for classifying both cds as compilations and not albums.

The fact that noone voted Re:Boot as a best album but 17 people voted it as best compilation is just a secondary supportive fact for the specific cd.

If 10 people voted Parvati as an album and none had voted it as a compilation but still i considered it as a compilation then your question about the Parvati cd would have some valid ground but now that opinions are mixed i have to take some action based on my primary statement and main logic about what is what in this poll.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Feb 12, 2009 22:05
god... cut the dude some slack... noone is paying him or licking his balls for that matter for making this poll... im pretty sure detox here is unbiased and theres no reason for him to make the poll look in a certain way... its a fact that in the past two years there were less and less votes and 80% of them are split between "dark" and progressive - which in my honest opinion do not even come close to reflecting the way its actually split in the so called scene.. we do this for the heck of it and thats that so people chill... keep listening to what you like and if you saw in these votes something you didnt hear of before then go try it... i know i did (had to check yggdrasounds 2 but its still not my cup of glen)
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Feb 12, 2009 22:35
Quote:

On 2009-02-11 03:11:14, DETOX wrote:
BEST COMPILATION CATEGORY

04.Various Artists-Sea Of Vapours (Zenon Records)

Great to see something I've worked on in the results, even if OOOD didn't make it. Congatulations to Electrypnose, well-deserved IMO.

BTW for what it's worth, I think classing Re:Boot as a compilation album is really pushing it, all the original tracks are by the same artist.
          Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Nomolos(Zenon Rec.)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Feb 13, 2009 00:17
right on Colin!! u did a fantastic job!!           "....or is it???"

www.zenonrecords.com
www.myspace.com/thenomolos
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 13, 2009 00:54
Quote:

On 2009-02-13 00:17, Nomolos(Zenon Rec.) wrote:
right on Colin!! u did a fantastic job!!

I see...the strange love affair continues           
https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
hip
Shuma

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 13, 2009 01:39
I would just like to point out a bit of mistake (if you can even call it a mistake) about the standings, and regarding ppl with the same number of votes.

If you have two artists sharing the first place, then the next one should be at no.3, not no.2.
If you have two people in front of you (even if they have the same number of votes), you are still third, not second.

For example:

BEST PRODUCER CATEGORY

01.Electrypnose (Digital Psionics/Switzerland)
---.Furious (Technical Freaks Records/Russia)
02.Kindzadza (Osom Music/Russia)
---.Perfect Stranger (Iboga Records/Israel)
03.Derango (Parvati Records/Sweden)

should be:

01.Electrypnose (Digital Psionics/Switzerland)
---.Furious (Technical Freaks Records/Russia)
03.Kindzadza (Osom Music/Russia)
---.Perfect Stranger (Iboga Records/Israel)
05.Derango (Parvati Records/Sweden)

Hope you get my point.
          http://www.myspace.com/shumamusic
http://soundcloud.com/novem-1
DETOX

Posted : Feb 13, 2009 02:03
Thought about it Shuma but i guess it makes little difference anyway.

Maybe next year we change the design format.

Thanks though           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Feb 13, 2009 09:37
@ Detox.... Something i think you should probably look into...

Even though No strings attached is a collective of trax of 3 different artists, technically it is promoted as a split album. So it does come in the album category right?.... See the promo line for example...

http://forum.isratrance.com/prvcd15-parvati-records-no-strings-attached/

So i guess in future even Split albums should be part of the album category, primarily because they are promoted as an album rather than a compilation. I think this would avoid confusion. I think its also a good idea to have a remix category.

My 2 cents... cheers!

www.braindrop.in
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Feb 13, 2009 10:41
Quote:

On 2009-02-11 20:31, Login wrote:
what about an... Isratrance Hall of fame of psytrance.

i would bet any $ i got that yuli and yoni (perfect ace) are the first to hang their headphones on that wall..
          www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - OFFICIAL RESULTS OF 2008 BEST OF ISRATRANCE POLL!!!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance