Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 21, 2014 17:55
Quote:

On 2014-01-21 17:43, PoM wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-21 17:19, Junk Rhythm wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-21 15:05, PoM wrote:
it seems not a easy task to get modules once these are no more produced , what you guys think on this? cause it seems companie run a porduction batch and then move one to a other module.
when i was close to spend the cash some years ago i noticed it s really not easy to get the module i was after.

There is a huge used market for these. Other than extremely limited run modules (under 25 made), you can usually find them within a few months and some patience. I just started looking for a harder to find Doepfer filter (A-123) which has been out of production for a few years. If I search long enough, I'll find it.

out of curiosity do you see many guys from europe selling or the second hand market is more usa based? , it s seems eurorack is more popular in the states

sometimes i check in some french forum but there is not much going on

Both sides seem to be equally into it. Check Muff Wiggler. The BST forum is really good for deals and the rest of the forum is great for information and research. It's pretty much the place for modulars now. Most users are fairly helpful too. You can usually find someone who explain the module in use as well as willing to do some audio demos or point you to existing demos.
          Analog/Digital Synth Modules www.toppobrillo.com
Psy/Goa Music www.soundcloud.com/the233project
Random Modular Bits: https://soundcloud.com/junkrhythm
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Jan 21, 2014 18:08
^^^Yep never a truer word spoken

Great forum, also very funny as well, and nae trolls, well not many

America seems to get the lion share of first runs and it takes a while for some modules to reach europe but then it seems a lot of the stuff is made in america so it cant be helped,
I could be wrong           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Junk Rhythm

Posted : Jan 21, 2014 18:27
Quote:

On 2014-01-21 18:08, woodster77 wrote:
^^^Yep never a truer word spoken

Great forum, also very funny as well, and nae trolls, well not many

America seems to get the lion share of first runs and it takes a while for some modules to reach europe but then it seems a lot of the stuff is made in america so it cant be helped,
I could be wrong

That's pretty much the case. A lot of the manufacturers are based here in the US though there seems to be more popping up in the EU. As the format grows I would expect more of them to be oversea too.

We tend to get a lot of it first because shipping within the US is cheaper. It's easier for the distributors to purchase large orders which will usually get first priority from the manufacturer.           Analog/Digital Synth Modules www.toppobrillo.com
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 21, 2014 19:26
And also you hqve to take into consideration what I like to call the "devine effect"

Ie , how long it takes for everyone in america to get that module that richard devine just put a demo on vimeo , then europe can have some

Im joking of course but it is a bit like that

Antimatter brain seed and so on.........lol           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Junk Rhythm

Posted : Jan 21, 2014 19:36
Quote:

On 2014-01-21 19:26, woodster77 wrote:
And also you hqve to take into consideration what I like to call the "devine effect"

Ie , how long it takes for everyone in america to get that module that richard devine just put a demo on vimeo , then europe can have some

Im joking of course but it is a bit like that

Antimatter brain seed and so on.........lol

haha
          Analog/Digital Synth Modules www.toppobrillo.com
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 21, 2014 21:40
From the man himself

"Yes, the filter in Atlantis is the Dr. Octature core, with some added multimode capability. In LP mode it should sound identical to the Doc Oc"           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Jan 21, 2014 23:41
This is fucking great           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Jan 21, 2014 23:43
Apolgies. I mean it's so not self absorbed to brag about your $4K mega rack in every modular thread on this forum.          Cuntus Maximus.
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 00:10
I want an Atlantis so bad I wanna order one just in case there are none by end of Feb           
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 01:11
Quote:

On 2014-01-21 23:43, OzMike wrote:
Apolgies. I mean it's so not self absorbed to brag about your $4K mega rack in every modular thread on this forum.

Yeah sorry I do go on bout it too much
Not rubbing anyones face in it, not my intention.
Just really happy bout finnishing it           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 03:27
Here we go, step by step demo

Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Jan 22, 2014 07:21
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 01:11, woodster77 wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-21 23:43, OzMike wrote:
Apolgies. I mean it's so not self absorbed to brag about your $4K mega rack in every modular thread on this forum.

Yeah sorry I do go on bout it too much
Not rubbing anyones face in it, not my intention.
Just really happy bout finnishing it

Nah it's cool I know the feeling. Suddenly all my friends and family who've got no interest in Moog have been hearing every detail about Sub Phatty since I got one in November.

Your passion is inspiring & once I've got my mixer, drum machine & monitors I'm building a dedicated The Harvestman 6u rack. I love the sounds from his gear for a digital system.           Cuntus Maximus.
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 22, 2014 10:51
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 03:27, woodster77 wrote:
http://vimeo.com/84721845

sound really vannila to me, i mean not much caractere but sound good ,the raw sound feel of high quality to me...not much you wanna eq if any at all ,with some foogers on top ,culture vulture ,reverbs ,delay it will sound briiliant

sound feel really tight, "claustrophobic" lol ,slighty thin but thick at same time ..dunno how to say but i really like that..

dunno about the drive? can it be pushed hard and get dirty/nasty or it s more a soft coloration ? haven checked all the demo
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 11:19
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 10:51, PoM wrote:
Quote:

sound really vannila to me, i mean not much caractere but sound good ,the raw sound feel of high quality to me...not much you wanna eq if any at all ,with some foogers on top ,culture vulture ,reverbs ,delay it will sound briiliant

sound feel really tight, "claustrophobic" lol ,slighty thin but thick at same time ..dunno how to say but i really like that..

dunno about the drive? can it be pushed hard and get dirty/nasty or it s more a soft coloration ? haven checked all the demo

It does not sound like a 101, having said that, it does sound like its ready to go in a mix without much EQing. Sounds very analog, but also very precise.
I think this is going to be the analog equivalent of the Nord Lead in terms of how easy it will sit in a mix.
The range of sounds is massive, the FM sounds excellent. Having said all that, it does not sound like the first choice of synth to use for bass. The Minitaur/Phatty sound phatter, but then again no basslines where played on that demo.
I think the VCF sounds fantastic!           
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 22, 2014 11:21
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 11:19, Nectarios wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 10:51, PoM wrote:
Quote:

It does not sound like a 101, having said that, it does sound like its ready to go in a mix without much EQing. Sounds very analog, but also very precise.
I think this is going to be the analog equivalent of the Nord Lead in terms of how easy it will sit in a mix.
The range of sounds is massive, the FM sounds excellent. Having said all that, it does not sound like the first choice of synth to use for bass. The Minitaur/Phatty sound phatter, but then again no basslines where played on that demo.
I think the VCF sounds fantastic!

yeah the modulated stuff sound brilliant, for bass i m sure it will be decent too but yes wont replace the moogs

timings :
00:03 Basic waveforms
1:05 Arpegiated sequence
2:19 Longer notes played from keyboard
2:44 S&H modulation of VCF
04:05 PWM+SUB
04:38 Dual VCO pads
06:39 VCO FM
07:46 Bell tones
09:06 Hard SYNC
10:25 Manual gate
10:50 Kick drum patch