Quote:

On 2014-01-22 12:03, Nectarios wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 11:52, woodster77 wrote:
Kens also got a couple of similar full synth voices for euro,
Ones a ems synthi not sure bout the other
It sounds absolutelly spot on
http://www.matrixsynth.com/2014/01/macbeth-e1e3-test-070114.html

oh god...his synths sound like ice melting into water, flowing down a mountain...on Mars.

I guess you get what you pay for.

On the back of a rainbow coloured horse with its own wormhole generator and tinted windows           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:15
Hes been playing around with 24db ladder filters
Got one from an old electronics mag,
Him and tony rolando shoukd team up
Makebeth noise.........lol

I love it when old gearvgets a new chance to shine           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:16
remember the micromac + ocature demo ? was sounding really rolandish to me ... and i think it offer more than atlantis in spec? sure not same price..but it was sounding damn nice wiht that filter
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:17
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 12:07, PoM wrote:
the atlantis seems great, and best bang for bucks but the demo a bit turned me off in a way...i still think i would go separate module insteed of a full voice like this but it s mostly cause i have the xs already

for complementing it , a new oscillator that can be used as lfo , es3, vca would be better choice to start with i think

damn have to stop dreaming

What turned you off about demo?
The MicroMac sounds better I think as well...but, putting things in perspective it costs 2-3 times more as well.
I would also love it if the Atlantis sounded as good as the MicroMac, but it does not.
Its got bags of analog character imo, and sounds clean as well... it just does not sound as phat the Moogs.
But that is why you buy a Moog as well

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:26
Also itll patch like fuck and you aint stuck with the architecture

Need a hands on mysslf before I go all giggly bout it
I heard people patch things that are sweet and make a fucking mess out of the sound

Depends how you patch it I reckon

Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:28
Rubicon, es3/4, filter , vca

Would get you there as well

Oh its a tough one,
Right im emailing RUBADUB

I shall return           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:31
it s too similar to my xs, not in sound but the semi modularty aspect that turn me off a bit ... i would still not feel like using a modular wihtout much limitation i think , it would need extra module so better i complement the xs than getting a other "semi modular" even if the price is really tempting

if i could sell the xs i would not have this problem..i woudl start with atlantis and add extra module when i have some cash..but i like the xs and no plan of selling
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:35
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 12:31, PoM wrote:
it s too similar to my xs, not in sound but the semi modularty aspect that turn me off a bit ... i would still not feel like using a modular wihtout much limitation i think , it would need extra module so better i complement the xs than getting a other "semi modular"

Fair enough, but the Atlantis is just a module on a system that can have many other modules that will make more sounds by expanding the patch ability.
Its not the start and end, rather a base from which you can build on for moar madness with a *vast* option of eurorack modules available.

PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:41
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 12:28, woodster77 wrote:
Rubicon, es3/4, filter , vca

Would get you there as well

yes something like that, or shapeshifter/es3/filter/vca
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:46
Quote:

it s too similar to my xs, not in sound but the semi modularty aspect that turn me off a bit ... i would still not feel like using a modular wihtout much limitation i think , it would need extra module so better i complement the xs than getting a other "semi modular" even if the price is really tempting

if i could sell the xs i would not have this problem..i woudl start with atlantis and add extra module when i have some cash..but i like the xs and no plan of selling

That is a fair point, why would you double up
But its still a colection of highly useable parts
Bit by bit its a solid start for euro,
But need the case and power supply, but then your only 2/3 months of easy saving to expand it , and trust me once you get over the first spend, things will happen quivker
I gave up , fags, drink and pot to get myself here, good for the studio good for the detox

A motivator, just dont spunk yer rent on euro
Unless you buy a case big enough to move into           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:47
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 12:35, Nectarios wrote:
Quote:

it s too similar to my xs, not in sound but the semi modularty aspect that turn me off a bit ... i would still not feel like using a modular wihtout much limitation i think , it would need extra module so better i complement the xs than getting a other "semi modular"

Fair enough, but the Atlantis is just a module on a system that can have many other modules that will make more sounds by expanding the patch ability.
Its not the start and end, rather a base from which you can build on for moar madness with a *vast* option of eurorack modules available.

i hear you mate but couldnt justify the cash for both as they can cover a bit the same thing even if the sound is different it would be luxury to own both .

only thing annoying is that the xs jack are not same size and i can t rack it in eurorack case wihtout hassle
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:49
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 12:47, PoM wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-22 12:35, Nectarios wrote:
Quote:

i hear you mate but couldnt justify the cash for both as they can cover a bit the same thing even if the sound is different it would be luxury to own both and then add extra module

Get some attenuation and vcas for that XS bruv,
Get a lot more for your money           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:53
Couldn't you just use converters for the XS? I see it as a plus that it has its own case as you can put it on top, bottom, side of the modular case and have all that free space in the case for euro modules, only.           
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 12:57
out of topic but intresting stuff modular related
https://soundcloud.com/spitezoo-experimental-lab/the-dream-sequencer

yes for xs need converters,and maybe attenuators on a few stuff bit a pain.. a secondhand cp251 would be nice and offer good bang for the buck
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Jan 22, 2014 13:07
Think about all the money you are saving by having to buy a few converters, maybe a couple of attenuator modules, VS the space the XS would take in a modular case. You also get to keep a legend of a synth.           
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - modular sh101
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance