Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - Kaiafas Festival 2004 -- Explanation...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kaiafas Festival 2004 -- Explanation...

NK
CyberTronic

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 1, 2004 18:49
On behalf of the organising comittee of the Kaiafas Festival '04 we would like to make some clarifications corcening issues that arose during and after the event...

First and foremost, the financial support of the festival derived entirely from the only sponsor, the Zacharo Municipality.
It is unfortunate that its promise to provide adequate hygiene facilities (chemical toilets,showers,clean enough swimming pool) was not kept due to lack of funding.

Concerning the fact that the music was stopped on Monday morning, 6 hours before it was scheduled to, the situation was as follows: because of constant complaints from local residents about noise pollution and the subsequent withdrawal of the sponsor/main organiser (major of Zacharo), the danger of police shutting the event down
materialised.
It is for this reason that anyone that could' ve been held responsible by them left the festival area after trying to convince the Dj's to continue providing their services which would've been paid for not on the night, but at some other point.
The original agreement was that the fees would be provided after each set so the artists who did perform up until Monday morning at 7 will be paid, something which is being attended to.
Additionally it leaked out that whenever the music stopped some individuals acting on instructions, would try to create a negative atmosphere so as to blacken the festival's name in order to make sure that the highjacking at the greek psytrance scene would continue by the same groups of people who do not appreciate anything refreshingly new and different,as it harms their interests...

It'is therefore very dissapointing that some people were left with a bitter taste but,as it becomes clear considering the above, the writers of this text could'nt have done anything more to prevent what happened.
We are also very dissapointed by the sponsor (mayor of Zacharo) and those #@$##$@# haters.
The festival was non-profitable (quite the contrary...),thus the delay in sorting out subsequest problems, but the main element -the music- left everyone totally satisfied.

We would like to warmly and deeply thank everyone who attended this event and was part of the festival which kept the spirit of trance alive in Greece this summer...
Many thanks to all the artists who participated and to everyone who contributed to this festival positively...

Thanks a lot for the encouragment, we hope to see you again maybe next year...

Kaiafas Festival Team
----------------------------

psypunk
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Aug 1, 2004 19:09
Yes that's all right by you, but we had a long way to drive to the festival area, we spend money and time and you should definately give us a much better explenation.
Especially at the festival area. This is not professional at all. You should explain that time, that moment in front of all of us, what the situation is. Do you think that we trust you as promoter and ask us to come again?
Why there is not an apology at your site?
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 1, 2004 19:31
1)Can you please explain to us Mr.NK who was the organiser of this event?Now after all this mess you come in public and say that the Mayor of Zacharo was the main sponsor and organiser of this event,before two months i remember you in personal calling me and even visiting my house telling me that you and your partner are the organisers of this event and you gave me a list with the artists that you wanted me to book on your behalf.You were also telling me that you had many sponsors in mind and also your partner had his cousin responsible for the security of the festival and various other things that never happened ofcourse.The Mayor appeared just 2-3 weeks before the festival and only when i was pushing you to send me money for the advances of the artists and various other things,so then you suddenly told me about the Mayor and how he would finance the whole event and such.It was then when on my own expenses i visited two times Pirgos and met with you guys and the Mayor and his secretary and i also remember a case on my second visit where i had a private meeting with the Mayor and your partner was annoyed by the fact that just me and the Mayor had a meeting that he called me in personal and asked me 'Hey Mike who is the organiser of this festival?You or me?'.You remember all these things?I hope so....

2)If the Mayor was the main sponsor/organiser of this festival then what was the role of you and your partner?????

3)The original aggreement was that some artists would receive half of their money in advance but you never send me any money to pay any of these advances and i had to chase you and the Mayor during the whole festival in order to take the money for my artists and pay them.

4)Who is going to pay artists like Loic from Total Eclipse and Electric Universe?I have already paid Electric Universe 1000 euros from my pocket do you know that?Was i responsible for your mistakes?NO,but i am responsible for my actions so you must also be responsible for yours.Also you have to pay bookings that you did on your own like Edoardo from Neurobiotics.When all these people will get paid?Plus some other money that you owe to Frank'e and DJ Marios.....

5)The festival was non profitable for whom?For sure not you and the Mayor i can assure you.You guys owe me something like 10.000 euros excluding my payment and various expenses like my phone calls,you know that?When i am going to receive my money?What about my reputation that got fucked up because of you?

6)I doubt that this festival kept the trance spirit alive in Greece and its so fucking ANNOYING to see you saying 'Thanks a lot for the encouragment, we hope to see you again maybe next year...'.WHAT FUCKING NEXT YEAR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

You better send me my money fast otherwise you will have to face the consequences on all fronts and when my lawyer calls you and your parents its not so nice to blame the Mayor for everything cause he is not the one that called me in the first place to book all these artists BUT IT WAS YOU SPIROS that contacted me about this whole thing.With attitudes like 'Our kids dont know anything about this mess the Mayor did everything' and 'Mike speak with the Mayor he was the organiser after all' you wont avoid any of the consequences.

INSTEAD OF PUTTING YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE NICE MESSAGES IN ORDER TO EXPLAIN YOURSELVES TO THE TRANCE PEOPLE I SUGGEST YOU DO SOMETHING AND COVER ALL THIS MESS THAT YOU AND YOUR PARTNER CREATED AND THEN YOU CAN THINK OF HOW YOU WILL FIX YOUR REPUTATION AGAIN!

Sorry if i sound offensive but i cannot accept the fact that i have lost 10.000 euros from my pocket just because of some others people festival.
          Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Frenji

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 2, 2004 01:53
i think that the biggest mistake in this festival,the mistake that made things turned to mess is that u 'call' the local municipality and the major to participate and sponsorised the event !!

spiro in greece we live...
u know how this 'offices' and people work.
u cant ever trust them!
they only care about profit and votes..
was for sure when some people complained about loud sound the major close the party or else he was going to loose votes.

btw u made a proper contract with major to give u money to pay the artists?if not thats another big mistake...
he could 'hang' u anytime if there wasnt a contract and as u say he finally did it !!!

from that i read i believe that major is responsible for this mess but u are responsible too cause u envolved this man in the event.

he 'fucked' u my friend,seems he 'catch u fool' and sadly now u have troubles cause of him.
but u arent 'amoiros euthinon' cause u made the wrong move to trust him.

i wish there is a contract or something that can make major pay the money to DETOX pou dikaia ta zitaei to end this sad story here.

DETOX

Posted : Aug 2, 2004 02:22
Frenji these are exactly all the words i am saying to both Spiros and John all this time.

The Mayor probably fucked them but because they got fucked up this doesnt mean that they have to fuck me because of their mistakes.

I got fucked up from them BUT i putted money from my pocket to pay most of the artists and cover my expenses and even pay the artists hotel which was not my responsibility at all.

Now THEY must find the courage and solution to cover all the money that i lost into THEIRS festival and then solve all of their problems with their Mayor.

I didnt put either John or Spiros to sign a contract with me concerning the artists bookings because i showed trust to them because i know them personally for a long time and because they assured me that even if something would go wrong they would even get a loan to cover up my expenses.Seems i shouldnt trust them so much....

In any case my opinion is that a man MUST HAVE THE BALLS to respect his word and aggrements and face all the consequences of his actions.I wish both John and Spiros will do that in the near future and earn back their lost reputation.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
DanishViking
Inactive User

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 2, 2004 10:41
Typical Greek way. When do you learn to respect eachother and not to fuck up everybody that you meet? Pay DETOX you sad loosers.
eternal motion - SG
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Aug 2, 2004 11:42
Finaly the "organisers" appeared.
Well guys PAY everyone NOW

It's a small world you know

Learn out of your mistakes,accept your obligations,and pls have the strngth to stand up and stay clear and clean.

No one has to pay for your faults.NO ONE BUT YOU
Peace
opsis
opsis

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 2, 2004 22:17
i have no doubt that the people who had this idea + tried to but it down + make it happen had the best intentions of pulling this out without any thoughts about steeling money or fooling others,making a big mess in generall.
Apart from this i have to say...
Indeed they were allot of people who were screwed,artists ,men who worked for the party + above all the crowed who got there to have fun + at the was screwed.
For me This event should not have started from the begining,it was obvious that no one had a clue how to run a fest ( or even a party in Gods name).So for this i cant really say that the people who dealed with this so called organization are not guitly.
I mean ,i also whant to make a free party for 100,000 people with 10 million bands + djs playing for 10 years but...wait a
second ...can i do it?For sure not!
Apart from all this i want to close with this. I see a lot of people saying words like FUCK ,also words like "MUST HAVE THE BALLS to respect his word and aggrements and face all the consequences of his actions"
wich i agree totally and ,dont get me wrong man,i sympathise you,but you are not the first(maybe not even the last)but we dont all have the oportunity to write what we want in this forum with out getting our posts deleted.
Peace
Panayotis           
http://www.opsis-music.com
DETOX

Posted : Aug 2, 2004 22:37
Excuse me Panayotis but what you say is that the moderators of this section dont allow you to write whatever you want???

I would like more explanations and specific examples from you concerning this subject in private (cause this topic deals with different things) or you can also open another thread and speak freely about it cause i feel very offended when you characterise me (not so directly but thats your point) like a dictator who doesnt allow people to say what they want in this section.Who knows maybe in the end you are right and have to change my attitude towards some things.In any case i am waiting you to discuss about this matter cause its very important for me.

P.S With all the respect to you as a person and as a friend do you happen to know that you got payed your fee tottally accidentaly from money that were supposed to be given to me?The Mayors son (after chasing him for 4 hours) prepared some money for my artists on Saturday morning and when i went to pick them up he gave me less than we aggreed with the explanation that one of the organisers took this money to pay you.In the end of the festival the money that you got (which ofcourse you deserved to get but thats another story) were missing from my pocket and i say this to you cause i want you to know how unresponsible the organisers of this festival were towards me and towards even their booked artists (including you) so that in the end you got payed tottally by accident....           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
leequid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 2, 2004 23:46
OK the thing has almost become personal between DETOX and the organisers so its pointless to be discussed in an open thread.Am i right?
It is OBVIOUS that DETOX must be paid BUT i dont thing that any more SERIOUS info will be added soon.After all,apart from this respected organiser and the dj's,i dont really think that people who attented the fest are still angry with what happened (definitely deeply disappointed but not angry).
Should i mention the bad(?) reputation that is conserved to our foreign friends once more?

OK lets calm down.After all there are a lot of ways to solve a problem.Maybe with the indian way

Peace.-
opsis
opsis

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 3, 2004 01:16
ok Detox ..
maye i did ..
BUT you know what?
I dont give a shit .
YOu do!           
http://www.opsis-music.com
DETOX

Posted : Aug 3, 2004 02:32
Ofcourse you dont give a shit.You came there,did your perfomance,got your money,had a nice time,why should you care about others....?
At least i hope you care about another friend of yours that you invited from abroad to come and join this festival and left unpayed.....

P.S I am still waiting your private message or new thread about the moderation thing.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
XrTC

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 4, 2004 19:55
this explanation is a joke right? at first i thought you "organisers" guys were thieves, but now i think you are simply naive.

what you are telling us is that you depended on the mayor's "promises" in order to organise the festival? promises for money, promises for facilities, promises, promises...

who in the world would start such a complicated task when all he had were just "promises"? i am sorry but i don't see anyone else responsible but you.

i believe that you did all this for the fun of it and not for the money, but you should have planned it better (with signed contracts or whatever). again you are responsible for being naive and believing in mayor's "promises"..........           .
Respect is earned, not demanded...
http://www.myspace.com/xrtcmusic
DreamVisionMedia
Chromosome/Andromeda

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 14:24
Hi everyone..
I think that all this bullshit in greece must come to an end. i dont want to say that greek people is bad in any way but there is TOOOO many stories every time.. my friends from sweden goes to your festiovals andthey come back and tell the most unbelievable stories.. the Greek festivals is soon to be in a comic book. If you want anyone t come to your festivals there must be an end to this fucking around. I played 5-6 times in greece and ONLY ONE was not a complete disaster... PARANESTI FESTIVAL WAS KILLER. the rest of the one ive played at cant not be described in words. So to all ARIS wanna bee organizers: get a grip and get real.
To the rest of you that is making a kilelr job: Keep it up and dont forget to make tsipouro for the scandinavian artists heheh that will make the love you guys LOVE LOVE LOVE to all of you... BOOM from cold sweden =)
TRIPPYBOY

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 6, 2004 17:25
hi guys

i think that the organisers had no idea about how to organise a festival of such a size. one said and i agree with him, that you may want to do it but its a different story if you can do it. believing to people when it has to do with money its a big mistake, same applies to you detox, sorry mate but the fact that you knew the organisers and did not get a contract its a big mistake and you know this now. this is the country of 'lamogia' man.
to be honest i dont want to go to any festivals in this country any more, since the trouble are always bigger than the plesure i get, and this is so so sad since greece is a paradice for such events.
the problem is that we dont know or dont care about good organisation of such events. and when the shit hit the fun the oganisers run or give people to the police to save their asses as in samothraki........
you may not agree with me but i have to say my opinion and i know that i ll make some of you angry but so be it.
so when i started the subject 'why greek are so agressive' many of you came with your phylosophical ideas about this and that but at the end .......
          Why flowers attract bees?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - Kaiafas Festival 2004 -- Explanation...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance