Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 20, 2005 20:02
Quote:

On 2005-07-20 13:14, HandA wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-20 13:11, Ppsygirl wrote:
u know its very interesting how a sudden people show their real thoughts .....

Why dont you say what you really think of those people that have the nerve to critisise Israeli's?

Kristian I think u get off the line here with your statement. As u seen with my previous posts here I am not really fond of the stereotype we created for ourselves as travellers, but to come and claim that we all are scum of the earth and thieves, that is a little over the red line. And u putting oil into the fire is also not new, and if u wanna claim in the future that u r not racist towards Israeli's u should take care in what bonefire u put the oil man, because that was low.

And to maggot I dont really know what u were meaning by the Hippie Israeli's that steal or whatever, I think that actually those hippie Israelis are usually the good and nice ppl - the trouble makers are usually the 'redneck' Israeli's that come out from army service straight to India, sons to rich families that think they are still in the army
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Vagator Vibhushan
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 20, 2005 21:38
Cyber Punk, i know we love to bash the media since they love to bash us, but then u r giving in to an unecessary sentiment...would u say israelis have a good image in india in general then? if yes, then u have to tap the indian nerve a little more, but if no, and the point i am getting u guys to speak more openly about, then why?

who cares is also a valid answer, but then that is another spoke in the wheel...

it is undeserved is another answer, and then that is something we could all speak about          helping apple pies take over the world since Damion predicted so
-psynapse.tribe.net-
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 20, 2005 22:14
Quote:

On 2005-07-20 21:38, Vagator Vibhushan wrote:
Cyber Punk, i know we love to bash the media since they love to bash us, but then u r giving in to an unecessary sentiment...

No, no.. I am not giving it any sentiment...
Can you just answer the question which tourists have the "best" image ?

Quote:

would u say israelis have a good image in india in general then?

And of course I wouldn't say that, cause I am not the one to judge.

Quote:

if yes, then u have to tap the indian nerve a little more, but if no, and the point i am getting u guys to speak more openly about, then why?

who cares is also a valid answer, but then that is another spoke in the wheel...

it is undeserved is another answer, and then that is something we could all speak about

Now just look at the other side of the coin...

What image you think does have India in the eyes of those "bad israeli ppl" we are talking about ?

India is a cheap palce with cheap drugs and parties all the time...

That is why, and not because we all are "evil jews" or "occupants".
          -=Lead System Designer=-
Vagator Vibhushan
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 20, 2005 23:31
Quote:

i am not sure what u mean by this....do u mean -

- i dont have enough information to comment on this
- i am not sure
- i rather not answer ur question

Quote:

heheh...that atleast can never be the reason for any dislike of israelis in india since indians in general keep very little knowledge of the world outside, and if u took a poll in goa or manali, like 0.5 percent would know about israel's political standing...and in big cities, u can safely go upto 1 percent           helping apple pies take over the world since Damion predicted so
-psynapse.tribe.net-
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Jul 21, 2005 09:29
Quote:

On 2005-07-20 23:31, Vagator Vibhushan wrote:
Quote:

i am not sure what u mean by this....do u mean -

- i dont have enough information to comment on this
- i am not sure
- i rather not answer ur question

if we are talking about "Israelis have a good image in India in general" then I would say " i dont have enough information to comment on this "

if we are talking about "Israeli tourists in places like Manali, GOA, etc... having bad image" ...
Then the answer is "I think yes"

Quote:

Quote:

heheh...that atleast can never be the reason for any dislike of israelis in india since indians in general keep very little knowledge of the world outside, and if u took a poll in goa or manali, like 0.5 percent would know about israel's political standing...and in big cities, u can safely go upto 1 percent

This remark wasn't for you my friend..           -=Lead System Designer=-
maggot

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 21, 2005 09:32
ok ..lol ..again

fat old businessmen and retired rich fat farts who live in 5 and 7 star luxury resorts = GOOD IMAGE

skinny young pot smoking back packers and hippies
who rough it in cheap psy party places = BAD IMAGE

vagator vibhushan .. i hope this makes everything clear ... an stop cribbing coz u lost ur wallet in goa..
get over it

Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 21, 2005 15:36

But usualy the 'rich fat farts' are the ones who turn out to be sexually deprived morons which I really dont have high regard for. (ontopic) So i really dont this it has anything to do with status.
dupdudup

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 21, 2005 15:37
hehehe...maggot man nothing is made clear, infact u are again beating around the bush when efforts are being made to ask WHY and WHAT can be done....
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 21, 2005 16:13
handA is scared from the truth
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Jul 21, 2005 16:24

Leave him alone.
This topic about "us", and not about HandA.           -=Lead System Designer=-
shamanizer

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 22, 2005 14:08
I can tell from my own experience. First of all, I lived three years in Israel in the late 90's and I also have an Israeli wife (together 8 years). During those days the image of Israelis in India was not that bad, but it deterioted quite fast when Israelis literally flocked to India. In my opinion Israelis are hospitable, but often rather arrogant and when there are many the NOISE can be overpowering (I speak with a Finnish mindset, we're rather quiet). We have a saying in Finland that in a group the stupidity condenses. One thing also is that Israelis are very demanding customers (hey, nothing wrong with that, I have benefitted from that many times) and some people in different cultures may feel a bit offended. Now that is a stereotype and one shouldn't generalize, but there's always something true with stereotypes. For example Finns are thought to be quiet and honest and not completely without reason, but believe me when I say that we have enough drunken maniacs carrying knives in here.
In the end, what do you expect when ignorant "kids" without much respect towards other cultures and who just got out from army flock to a very different culture with very cheap prices. They feel like kings and behave in that manner. Again, stereotyping, but in my experience these "unknown soldiers" are the majority of Israelis in India.
I have to add a bit off-topic as well. There were people discussing if Israelis are thieves. I guess answer is yes. Are people from rest of the world thieves. Yes, again.
Naturally there are nations with high rates of thieves, but Israel would'nt be on my list (except if the towels in the hotels do count:). If the question would be about crime then Israel would be on the list, but only because of organised crime, which is unfortunately very strong, at least in european standards, in Israel. Now someone shouts that the country needs its drugs supply and I say yea well what the hell.
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jul 23, 2005 22:22
Had to mention that in 2 big European Festivals that i visited last year most of the drug salers were Israelis. I really can't describe how pissed i was when i was asked at chai shop if i have some LSD to sell when i mentioned my Israeli origins.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
sailienkraft

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 2, 2005 19:12
i was driving my bike in Goa... I'm Indian but sometimes people think I am Israeli because of the way I look... anyway, i was driving in the mornign after a party... and two israeli guys were on the side of the road with their bike and they asked me to stop... the spoke to me in Hebrew, I couldnt understand, but I could tell that they were out of petrol and needed help.

I knew a nearby shop down the road that sells petrol in water bottles... and could have driven to the shop and told the owner to take two bottles down the road... I tried to tell this to the two Israeli guys, the moment I opened my mouth they realized i wasnt Israeli, and turned their backs on my and scornfully told me to go on my way... they didnt even want my help cuz I wasnt Israeli (I thought maybe they dont speak english so they rather not deal with it) but I saw them at a party a few days later talking in english to some girls.

------
another time I was sitting with 3 friends of mine from Auroville near Pondy.... the aurovillians were white, and born in India... we were sitting in a breakfast place in Anjuna called 'Mango Shade' and could see two Israeli guys watching us and listening to us talk cuz it was hard to figure out where we were from, my white friends had a peculiar accent, and even i have an unplacable accent and looks... One of the Israeli's came over to ask us where we are from. My auroville friends said 'India' (which really confused them) and I said 'India' .... the Israeli looked at my three friends and then looked at me... and then pointed at my three friends and said "White", and then pointed at me and said "Black" and stuck is finger up at me and walked back to his table.
psytouch
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 3, 2005 07:52
I just want to clear up a few things over here. I'm Indian first of all, a proud one that too.

1) I can't comment on the Israeli behavior because I haven't mingled with them.

2) Secondly it is quite disturbing to think of India as a third world country. I think people on this forum need to get a bit educated or rather literate in regards to the difference between a "third world country" and a "developing country" which India is. I find it quite amusing to hear that Israeli's so call contribute alot to the Indian economy. Trust me, we don't need your money. How big is Israel and how big is India?? The answer lies there, that is if people on this thread are intelligent enough to understand what I mean in regards to the Financial situation.

3) While going through sailienkraft's post on the colour discrimination, I don't think that the Israeli's should even consider going close to that topic. Remember that Israel is situated in Asia and Asians are not considered white by any standard. Think back to what happened in Nazi Germany. Actually forget Germany, go back to the beginniing in time itself. Slaves????

4) Before talking about India, the Israelis should first consider what part of land they occupy. Someone said- The Indian's knowledge of the world is limited. HAH! What utter nonsense. Do you even know where your (Israel) boundry lines start and end?

5)You get annoying people everywhere, whether it be in India, Israel or anywhere else.

6) What I get to hear and read, it show's that the Israeli's are an arrogant lot of people. Arrogance is not something to be proud of....rather a pathetic way of trying to be hip and trying hard to stand out in a crowd which does not even consider you significant.

7) By the way, you Israeli people at least can come to India and do what the heck you want, as the posts say. Will you be able to do that home? India for a matter of fact gives you more security than your own country. I will never ever go to Israel because- you never know, I might be in a hotel when it blows up or walking down the street in fear knowing that there are suicide bombers walking around everywhere...

8) By the way, I think you Israeli's should get yourself a proper education, your spelling is, whoa.... I would rather not comment.

9) Last but not least, I think the Israeli's are a bias lot of people. Why? Because on the India Forum, if there is much talk about herbal or chemical substances, then the Isra trance team and all sorts of people are like, ' do not discuss the drug topic' but then on the Israel Forum it seems to run rampant and no one says anything....????

P.S. We Indians love Psytrance but that doesn't mean that we get taken for granted.
the Israeli's are always welcome to india, we are only as friendly as it gets.

Israel, a little message. Never forget where this music first came from. And never ever forget what you people as a race/culture once were...

The Great Indian PSY-d show..
sailienkraft

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 3, 2005 12:52
... wow thats quite an aggressive post... I'm sure there are all kinds of Israelis and not all of them are the same, so people shouldnt over generalize... even though generalizations exist for a reason - they speak about the averages.

yes hopeflly all Israelis aren't like the ones who could not understand that my european friends were from India, and that I was from India too... and the only way they could identify with us was to point at my friends and say "white"and point and me with their middle finger and say "black"

if the world was all black and white... then there would be no GREY area when it comes to deciding who really belongs there. the Israelis or the Palastinians.

its obvious that both sides thing they belong there, thats why there is conflict. Maybe thats what lies in the Israeli subconscious that makes them act the way some of them do when they are in India, because subconsciously they think its theres?

India has always been a place where everyone can exist in their own way, and maybe that is the way some Israeli's exist.

isnt it true that many israeli's who come to India have just finished with the army and then come to party? well maybe some of the army mentality is still stuck in their heads... yes, its a hard life in Israel, and it takes a while to get away from those experiences, so maybe one cant blame Israeli's for sometimes being disrespectful, aggressive, and for hanging out only with other Israelis, cuz they are used to protecting themselves... the thing is in Inida you can chill out and forget about all that...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - Israelis in India
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance