Author

Israelis in India

psy soul
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 28, 2005 17:06
Quote:

On 2005-09-18 19:12, Nathan wrote:
It's all about culture difference. One thing in Israel can be simple and understandable and the same thing in India can be as much as bad as a crime, and not natural.

the couple should have been worn batter.
Its cultures that very far away one from another on the spectrum of life. the host should explain the rules to the gets.

Cosmicrain - 100% agreed... more over - when I was in Pushkar and around this time last year I met a baba (sadhu) who was raising up the chillum with a group of five Israelies - just by the ghats, I stoped and asked them to move away since this is a very holy place, and perhaps their room should be more comftable...
The baba replied me by saying that the chillum is a secrate thing and ritual, and I only asked him if he doesn't care that other people get anoyed by that...

The other time the religios jewish guys were doing some jewish seramony by the ghats, now I'm not relegios, and yet I don't deny being a Jewish - but I said to them that this is not their place to do such thing, first of all - cause the religion tells us exactly where and how it should be done, and second to that, this is not OUR secrate place - it's holly to Indians and we should respect that as much as Indian people won't have their Puja seramony in the sinagog...
(This time I think they did understand, since they've left the ghats...)

I also agree that the host should, in many cases - explane the rules to the guests, but knowing how Israelies can sometimes play very impationt and even agressively misbehaving - sometime it's better to leave them alone to their on thing, just like I sometimes do with babas...

Love and light
k.

Hey Mates and especiaaly Melloncollie & Shahar...

First Thanks to Mello to the point post really nice explanation and insight into things.....

Shahar... i was just going thru the Racism post about the ars, shimons and arabs in the section.....you just have a lot of patience to write....

Neways my 2 cents are that we absolutleyl cannot generalise any country or community or religion ....as every human being ismade differently and we need to look at every person or every situation we come across individually ....if we start generalising we become racist....

i beleive that in our home country if we come across some people who you find to behaving rudely or whatever ....look for a chance and try and talk to them ...

they behave like that may be for

1) due to some insecurity they have
2) something i the past that has happened that is forcing them to behave like that
or
3) they just want to be on their own (then they can be termed sumthin) but still i wont may be they are in a different trip of life....

Just my thoughtsss.....

i have comeacross Israeilis and they all have been very friendly to me....

some of them i have never spoken but just smiled every time we see each other...

Smile everyone....           Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among
those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
k300

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 29, 2005 21:18
moskrate ra ho
always keep smiling
hok hiyuh hova
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 18:58
I believe i have an excellent understanding of why many israeli backpackers and travelers are the way they are. After living and working many years in the bohemian night life in south america and having israeli partners in my life, and having an interest in where people come from and why people do what they do, you get a better sense of things imo. Many of Shahar's explanations seem to be right on point. Thousands of years of constant persecution, being surrounded border to border by millions of people that want nothing less than your total demise, and a constant hatred worldwide to you and your religion due to many of the political and religious decisions that are made is enough to naturally put anyone on the defense.
In my years of observing human nature, and the israelis, i have noticed that there is definitely a straight forwardness to them that can be seen as extremely rude and at times is, but i would much rather have someone be rude and honest with me then politely lie to me. I understand why some of them are like this, I may not agree but i understand.

I have also observed that they are very united and defend each other to the end. I can think of many examples inside of our Club, Where there would be an israeli for example; at the bar, "hitting on" or flirting with one of the locals girlfriends, and that if the the local had an issue with that israeli, all of the israeli's friends would come to his countrymen's rescue. If you mess with one, you mess with all. I also understand this behaviour as well.

I have also observed with israeli businessmen and their practices that they have with their business and how they handle locals as employees. Non trusting by nature, very direct and harsh in words, and complete control freaks. I understand this as well, but do not completely agree with it.

Now i know i am generalizing, and generalizing can cause all sorts of problems, but these have been my ascertained experiences.

I believe we will all be much better off trying to understand one another and where we come from to understand and try to accept why we make the decisions and act the way we do.

Now i also believe, if you know and recognize your own fault's and you see it is'nt just you, but your countrymen's as well, it doesn't make it ok to be that way just because everyone else is that way. I believe we should always be looking to improve ourselves in every aspect, searching to be better every day, especially if you are in someone else's home as a guest.

It sometimes takes extra effort on our part to get ahead, and that extra effort is something that many of us are not willing to do, and it will be difficult to get ahead socially if we don't try.

I think many fights and wars can be avoided, if we try to understand one another and where we come from. Then make concessions to appease one another.

It all starts with recognizing your faults and mannerisms first, then it is up to us to make an attempt to improve it.
           "On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
pratik_darkpsy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 8, 2007 14:52
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 16:44, onalways wrote:
bull shit they just come to india to party they dont give a rats ass as to wat ppl feel about them all they care bout is chillums and acid and a pussy if they get any

am with u bro...           " The Good Will Come To You When You Do Good To Others "
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 8, 2007 18:56
Ive lived in israel for five years now... and sometimes i still have trouble with that "israeli attitude"...           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
snick
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jul 9, 2007 01:55
shahar you r one of the good guys for sure

peace man
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 9, 2007 02:32
ok i only read the first post so what i have to say is like this
i got back from india 4 days ago after spending 4 months in the north of india
actully i didnt met any kind of bad israelis or got the idea that indian people dont like us after all we bring thier buisness alot of money and i think that becuse so much israelis go there there so many type of people and yes israelis sometime mabey rude but i think that if people from euorope will come in the same amout of israelis ther will be olso behavoir like this from the euoropien any way and i tell you who the indian dont like its the indian rich tourist that comes to manali kasol and daramshla in the holiday time all they do is getting drunk and doing a mess
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 9, 2007 20:45
I have been following this thread for a while and some very interesting points have been brought up.
Thank you for starting this thread. its an important dialogue that needs to take place.

I have had some terrible experiences in ladakh with isreali's and i really dont think there is an excuse for rudeness.
bad behaviour is bad behaviour

@ psy^soldier : r u saying its ok to behave badly because u come in large groups and bring us business? I dont understand.Pls clarify. thank u

"END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 10, 2007 14:41
can i ask a question...
israelis have issues, obviously, with behavior.
but what about other places and people?
do you have anything to say about them or is it pretty much JUST israelis...?           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 10, 2007 15:40
well absolutly not
but an indian guy with a big buisness said to me after i asked him what to you think about the behavior of some israelis most if the moneyi eran from israelis s and it give me food and a home so i think i dont have the right to critsize israelis
anywhy the state of israel started to reduce our length of visa so you will feel us less ;]
amirgruv

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 10, 2007 15:48
stop the bullshit!!!!!!
this is trance forum or embassy????
boom on your all, in israel, india, pakistan or whatever           **********
GroovMan
www.myspace.com/groovmanpro
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 10, 2007 23:14
Quote:

On 2007-07-10 15:48, amirgruv wrote:
stop the bullshit!!!!!!
this is trance forum or embassy????
boom on your all, in israel, india, pakistan or whatever

Why to stop?... Everytime I have visited foreign countries as a traveller, I had to hide from these massive, yelling and unpolite groups of Israeli backpackers - that for them I was kinda "traitor" since I didn't accept the way of the violent loudness and rudeness. There is nothing bad about talking about that. We, the young ppl, are the real ambassadors of Israel, everywhere. We all should try and show the world that we are more polite and gentle than we seem to be. But most of us just doesnt dig it.

The fact that Israeli tourists give a lot of $$ to Indian salesmen etc.. doesnt give them any right to treat those as slaves / or any other degrading ways. And I have witnessed all of these.

So I think it's great that this topic is here. We can learn a lot from it, and get our behaviour a little better - for everyone's benefit           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 10, 2007 23:33
yuli for moderator           "END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
outdoor79
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  233
Posted : Jul 11, 2007 03:32
verry intresting topic!

i think that most of the israeli people are kind and helpful, MOST of them are not annoying..

when i was in the east countries (philipins, japan, thailand ,laos, borma, india, nepal and sush) i met 90 percent good ppl from israel.

i don't belive in occipction matter, i belive that it's comes from group thinking - "poza / daawin" , and psycholigical mental infuence of the group on the individual!

ppl ,respect eath other,
bring peace and a smail,
and keep on doing what you love, as long as you respect the locals and thire calture.

india i love you!
           Never give up on your love ..
nature raves forever!!!

always fly@lapland.airlines
when gazolin is so high, choose the natural way to fly.. LapLand's gooses ruells air..
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 11, 2007 04:14
so who do indians prefer between the british and the french haha? who "behaves better"?           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - Israelis in India
← Prev Page
12 13 14 15 16 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance