Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (2003) [Yoyo] 2CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (2003) [Yoyo] 2CD

Psy2k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 16, 2003 00:42
Great album!!!! I think it could not be better (especially the "other side" cd). Top production here and killer ideas from infected mushroom that for sure will get our minds infected... My favs are: Trance side: 1, 5, 7, 8
The other side: All!!!!
          In This World Have Your Own Bpm...
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 17, 2003 08:40
Quote:

On 2003-04-17 17:41, Space Ninja wrote:
Someone mentioned here the sample in the Hush Mail track and wondered where it's from.
Well it's "Korn - Twist" from their album "Life is Peachy".

I checked it out and it does sound close but back to back I wouldn't agree..

Check out the role playing game Diablo 2 .. Level 2 : Lut Gohlen - Lost City ..
The Night Tigers monsters..

Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : May 17, 2003 15:25
Davolo ->
I'm sure 100% that it's Korn.
This was my favorite Wake-Up tune for months           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 18, 2003 05:48
I couldn't find the 2nd half of the growl (the ra-ha-ha part) in the track.. there is onlyt 4 secs where there isn't any music obscuring the growl.. none of which matched up with Hush Mail..

When I was playing Diablo 2 I got attacked by a heap of them.. I'm 100% sure they made the same sound, including the 2nd part..

Cheers
AquaKuutti

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 19, 2003 12:10
!! WON-DER-FULL !!

I play the other side to everybody and I get only praises... people with very little experience in electronic music like it, stubborn techno-minimalists dig it, people mostly familiar with mainstream music are amazed and me and my open-minded music-loving friends become almost too overexited while hearing it.

Trance side made me dance like no other cd... I forgot myself completely, don't remember anything about the songs... I was SO ALIVE!

Truly refreshing sounds from the two beautiful people... I hope they're gonna sell millions of albums... it's time for the whole world to get infected

Just send the title track "Converting Vegetarians" to all the radio stations... it should become a nr 1 hit.

4 Everybody with complaints -> like Trancefeld said, 'never underestimate your brain's disrespecting abilities'

Remember: Together we are strong world
homsy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  158
Posted : May 23, 2003 00:55
www.psymag.com review:

We got a small taste with the Deeply Disturbed Maxi, released prior, now we have the real deal, the long anticipated album by BNE's golden duo Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians has hit the market reaching quickly the top of the sales charts worldwide. All parties involved have invested a lot in delivering this diverse release. This double CD comes with a complimentary Infected Mushroom (new logo) sticker, 12 page booklet, including visuals and lyrics of the "other side" CD (CD2), CD case insert/sleeve including the tracks of the "Trance side" CD all wrapped by a nice firm cardboard wrapper - they have thought of all the needed solutions to obtain the listeners comfort. As you might have guessed from the mentioned above this release comes in the form of 2 CD's all filled with Infected's tricks n' treats. One called the "Trance side" the other the "Other side". One thing I like about Infected Mushroom is the vivid fact that they have formed their own unique & special sound, whether you are a fan or not you cannot object to that, in this scene which is highly inflated with duplications and repetitions Infected have formed a sound of their own and they remain true to it. With every track you can spot their signature.
The Trance side includes 10 new tracks oriented and tested on dance floors worldwide. Good blend of Infected's dance floor massacres, a good follow up to their previous releases, melodic & colorful. whether oriented to the night or an extra delicious morning this side for me is an excellent job well done, same same but a lot different.
The melodies, ballads, power, heavy load of synth, gothic/classical influences it is all known yet different, soft yet hard, horrific yet safe, exciting & emotional.
Pumped by the "Trance side", next comes the "other side", in the form of 13 tracks, even though it is perceived as experimental or differ in styles, I hear it differently, it can be looked upon as experimental for Infected Mushroom that have been more linked with Trance music till date, The other side is a collection of excellently executed, nicely crafted, electro 80's pop selection of tracks that might be highly influenced by hips of musical substances but still have a link between them and do fit the same family, I like the 80's so this one is a treat for me, especially the beautiful collaborations with the amazing British singer Michel Adams, I am just so fond of that accent.

Infected Mushroom strengthen their mark on the psychedelic Trance scene and the Global electronic dance world, making another step in what is and to be an interesting unrestricted diverse career. presently here, the future is yet to be revealed...

Official label release information:

Amit Duvdevani & Erez Aizen
(masters of hallucinogenic trance - Infected Mushroom) will blow you away!
Not just with their psy-trance but with their creative blending of styles, and not just trance styles. This israeli duo go a few steps beyond the standard and cough up not only classical pieces but also a harsh, funky and acidic flavour, making their trance journey an aural blast far surpassing the norm.
Their tracks have a harsher, darker edge than your standard classics. Tending toward hard trance with a metallic tang.
Infected Mushroom take psychedelic trance and freestyle electronica beyond their boundaries by using a combo of acoustic and chunky electric guitars & distortions and mixing them up with acid tones, light melodic breaks, relentless beats and soaring angelic vocals.
All the while, the harshness of the music pounds throughout a brilliant combination of style and effect.
The duo create a massively funkadelic atmosphere complete with experimental twangs, twists and ambient noises which play alongside deep bass and frantic beats.
add in acidic flavour for another unusual but highly entertaining take on the electronic / trance genre.
"Converting Vegetarians" is Infected Mushroom's 4th album. It is a double CD (Trance & Freestyle) that leads the listener through a sonic journey of epic proportions showing their great talent as masters of analog resonance!
          Trancelucent Productions
http://www.trancelucent.com
----------------------
Boa Distribution
| info@boadistribution.com | http://www.boadistribution.com | FAX: +972-46101463 | Tel: +972-524742297 |
--------
PSYMAG.COM - GLOBAL TRA
Barmalei
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 9, 2003 15:38
No words, even that I would like to say a lot about that masterpiece of music. Trance CD is too clubby for my taste, but a nice CD for listening during riding the car. Anyway this one is much better than "BP Empire". Freestyle CD is a mind-blow and it is compensating and fullfilling your needs and wishes for a great piece of work from these guys.

Favorite track of the whole album :
CD2-01 - Converting Vegeterians !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!           Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Jun 9, 2003 15:42
some great trax in cd2..
cd1 not really good... some nice parts in trax but overall cd1 - disappointment

ps - if u'll read my comment in the 1st page u'll see I change my mind...
          ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
salvia_divinorum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Aug 26, 2003 06:04
well i don't agree... the other side is great, but there are some amazing tracks in the trance side, like albibeno, scorpion frog, deeply disturbed... i definitely fell in love with infected with this album - also thanks to their last two mind blowing live acts here in portugal
          When I dance, I put myself in the DJ's hands to take me to a journey - the unconscious journey to reality

KARKEIJA KREW!!!!!!!! dancing is the phrr fo da powa
headyatail2000
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Aug 26, 2005 14:52
well ,
after keeping the "other side" away for some time..!

took a chance n heard it right through..!!
amazinggg.!!!!!!!!!
both discs were fabulous..!
worth da money !! = was a gift though ( even better )
          <~< "the best things in life aren't things" - art buchwald >~>
duodenumz
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 28, 2005 05:50
in retrospect, this album was not a big disappointment. i still think they peaked with BP Empire, but none of their albums are BAD.

CV as a concept is kinda weak, and the artwork isn't fully realized, but the music is quality. i didn't like the trance side that much when it released, but some of the tracks have grown to be favorites. tunes like Semi Nice and Deeply Disturbed sit somewhere between psy and prog, and i love them.

strangely enough, the Other Side hasn't gotten much play since i first bought the album. i expected to be rinsing it for ages, but there's better psy/ambient/downtempo stuff in the scene.

Kidpsy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 10, 2007 16:08
the best album ever !!!!

from time to time, I listen to free my mind.
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 11, 2007 03:20
Quote:

On 2007-06-10 16:08, Kidpsy wrote:
the best album ever

one of the...           dont worry be hippie
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Jun 11, 2007 09:13
After two more releases (IM The Supervisor & Vicious Delicious), this album sounds super, both the Trance Side and the Other Side. It took me some years to appreciate it, but now, I think CV is one of the finest trance CD's out there. I've always had a soft spot for Other Side, I'm glad to say tha Trance Side is rubbing my heart as well This 2xcd album is about great charm and precision. It’s a very cute, tight and playful minimalistic release..
Kidpsy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 12, 2007 05:12
I'm glad to say tha Trance Side is rubbing my heart as well...

Just now...

men...

you have to listend this sequence:

6. Economix

7. Scorpion frog

8. Deeply disturbed

killah !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (2003) [Yoyo] 2CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance