Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (2003) [Yoyo] 2CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (2003) [Yoyo] 2CD

z1P^
Megalopsy

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 10:32
excellent work
i would like to add that i really liked the rap track. probably better than many of the yanqui rap shit
respect           (www) DarkPrisma.com.ar/ ~ FranticNoise.com.ar/ ~ Megalopsy.com.ar/ ~
providing shamanic euphoria until the end of the days!
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 15:47
This is a very good album, better than i expected.
Of course, it's infected mushroom, trance superstars (ugh) but their latest releases have been lacking in quality IMO.

The trance cd is the best thing to come out this year until now! It marks a return to the old Classical Mushroom/The Gathering style, however the tracks seem more danceable (which was the only bad thing about those 2 great pieces of art).
Indeed a great cd, and i'll bet this is going to be played a lot in parties.

best tracks:
ALBIBENO WILL MAKE YOU FLY HIGH!
Song Pong
Scorpion Frog
Chaplin

About the freestyle cd, i see many people like it, but i really don't like it... too freestyle for me. And i hate the rap. However i understand why most people like it - it was made to appeal a much broader audience. smart move on their part, but i hate it.

rating:
trance cd *****
the other side cd *

worth buying just for the trance cd. most people should also like the freestyle cd, but keep in mind the latter is not psychedelic.

and a few complaints: the cover SUCKS, the stickers SUCKS, love the dj-case insert, the little book with the lyrics SUCKS (reminds me of a pop group).
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 17:42
what's is dj-case insert i don't understand, what dj's do with it?           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 18:06
it's a list of the tracks, to put in a dj case.
dj cases only take cd's, no cd boxes, and as most cd's don't have "dj case insert", i have to do my own ones with track number and name (knowing the exact location of the tracks of 50 cd's is impossible)
Asuhra
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 20:46
I real don't like the album,at least for dancing I would classify this album as a sort of psy mixed with chill,It belongs in the same category as Shpongle I think.           Opus Iridium
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Apr 21, 2003 18:21
blah..
same category that Shpongle?
there's no connection what so ever between the Shpongle albums and this one..

please explain a little better..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Roger
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 21, 2003 18:23
All i can say is i've never heard such a great track as Scorpion Frog!!!
that track is amazing it rocks!!!           Red Team Go... Red Team Go!!!
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Apr 21, 2003 18:25
I must agree with you traveller, there is no connection between shpongle and the IM album. Tottaly different styles.           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
MULTI - MAN

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 22, 2003 07:17
Interesting reactions to the Deeply Disturbed
I quite like it
Maybe he has something to say & you are missing the point if you don't like it
I think that the hedonism in the trance scene can be deepluy disturbing
everyone taking drugs & escaping
not so much internalising going on anymore maybe
OT, sorry, prob'ly a whole thread about this
Asuhra
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 22, 2003 17:39
Quote:

On 2003-04-21 18:21, traveller wrote:
blah..
same category that Shpongle?
there's no connection what so ever between the Shpongle albums and this one..

please explain a little better..

I didn't say it looks like Shpongle!!! but I think it's in the same category. I would call this category something like "Vanguardist Freestyle"(Yes even the first CD,not so much as the second but still freestyle imo) . I can't call it full-on nor progressive nor ambient. It's just too diferent from everything else just like Shpongle is. Very hard to define in my opinion.
          Opus Iridium
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Apr 22, 2003 22:00
ah okay..

anyways.. I don't think this one really is that special.. goes pretty well with the mainstream trance & ambient if you ask me..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Panzer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 23, 2003 16:23
1st CD is a pretty substandard effort...lacks the bite of the Gathering and the cleverness of Classical. No bad trax but no standouts either. 6/10.

2nd disc is quite good. Reminds me a bit of Flying Rhino (RIP) freestyle stuff (Boom Devil, Red Seal). I understand the Shpongle reference since Simon and Raja are also increasingly focusing on more traditional songs with vocals and melodies rather than pure ambient/chillout. Productionwise I am not too pleased with the 2nd CD. The bass could have been more heavier and dubbier and the effects are sometimes a bit too mainstream. Clever compositions though. 8.5/10.
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Apr 23, 2003 19:46
hahaha i never thought i could like IM....wasnt my sound.....but now...the other side is brilliant!!           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
Flotser

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 23, 2003 23:46
cool cd,
The trance cd is too plain and uncreative in my opinion, i like BP Emipre much more...
i like mostly
albinino
song pong
yanko pitch

The other side is gr8, i like mostly
blink
elton station
shakaawkawkawkaw
ballerium
converting veget..

but the other side is realy easy to like cause has alot of melodies, and its hard to judge is since i dont know that much electrinica freesyles like i know trance... i mean i like it, but dont know what i can compare it too

except of ballerium, which is kinda DUBish... and its better than any dub tune i've heared
also i dont believe there is a track like elton station somewhere

and about deeply disturbed, i guess i dont realy like it cause the Violet Vision remix KIKS THE ASS of the original IMO
azz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : May 13, 2003 15:37
Quote:

Edit - After I listened to "I Wish" couple of times again, I think iTs could be very good song to send to the EuroVision.. Dont u think ?

Agreed!!!!!           ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø, Gi'iwa//MuddyPigsº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (2003) [Yoyo] 2CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance