Author

India @ Boom 2008

Yidam

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 19:21
http://www.boomfestival.org/boom2008/
http://forum.isratrance.com/boom-2008/

- Who's in ?

- Which airline/route is most efficient?

- Whats the best way of getting to Lisbon/Madrid airports ? (The orgz have buses to get you to Boom from the airports for 52 & 87 euro respectively)

- Is there a cheaper way of getting there overall ? (via London/Paris + Eurorail for example)

- Can we carpool from a nearby airport ?

- Economic Developing Countries get tickets for 80 euro. That includes us... yaaay for the 3rd world! Tickets have to be bought from the Ambassador of each country. Who is our local Ambassador?

The answer to these questions and more... stay tuned!

Feel free to answer any of these queries and/or add your own

((( ~BOOM~ )))

PS ... Any Indian artists or DJs reprezenta ?
Fallen Angel
Inactive User

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 19:42
I was looking into this the other day and as I remember, the cheapest way was Indian Air to London and then Ryan Air to Lisbon

We looked at alot of different routes and this one came out cheapest

Are you sure India is a developing Country still? I thought that ticket price was for Eastern Europeans (like Macedonia, Slovenia etc...) meaning countries that need an ambassador (referee) to get a visa. Indian nationals don't need an ambassador to go to Portugal
blottereater

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 19:42
good thread....
whats the ambassador thing....

boom from bbay
Forest dreams
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  107
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 19:44
lucky f's who get there. enjoy!

and this thread seems like a great way to connect
          Nothing is said that has not been said before.
Yidam

Posted : Jan 18, 2008 19:49
thank you Angel If you have any numbers to go with that feel free to post em. I'll check with a travel agent for flights to London for that time as well.

** BOOM DATES : 11th - 18th AUG 2008 **

btw ... would be nice to know where everyones heading out from. We are two from Kolkata.

Ryan Air : http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/

Yidam

Posted : Jan 18, 2008 19:50
Economic Developing Countries

Taking into consideration the economic realities existing around the globe we have a different price range for the Boom 2008 tickets.

Economic Developing Countries list:
All countries except the ones mentioned above (USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Israel and European Union countries).
The price of the ticket is considerably cheaper. These tickets can only be bought at the Ambassadors in each country. Not available Online. All those, who purchase one of these tickets, need to present the passport at the gates.

Price in Euros: € 80

Note: This offer is NOT available to Nationals living and/or working outside of their country of origin. For further details please contact your Local Ambassador or call the info-line +351.219382220 (only during weekdays from 10:00-18:00, Portuguese local time = GMT).

Upon arrival to the Boom Gates you will be asked to present your passport and flight ticket as proof of authenticity.
Fallen Angel
Inactive User

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 19:54
aha, what that means is you buy your tix through someone IN India - the wording is misleading on the site as Eastern European countries also get special price, even though they are EU
dhamma walker

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 20:18
Hi guys ... I am the Ambassador for the Boom Festival. so if you all will need tickets for the event you will have to call me for it but the whole parcel hasn't reached me as yet so please be patient.

i shall have my instructions emailed to me shortly. so please wait as i will be able to answer all your questions only after i am totally and completly informed by the Boom Festival crew.

thank you           Love n Light

Foot Stompin Records
www.footstompinrecords.com
Yidam

Posted : Jan 18, 2008 21:50
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/odds_and_ends/2006/08/ambassador/ambassador.jpg

how does it matter anyway? keep your eye on the goal mon! GETTING TO BOOM!

so as long as he knows his way to the post office and accepts credit cards its all good
blottereater

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 21:51
@ dhamma walker... kill it there...
I remember this one party @ royal palms..
guess you had just returned from boom .. quite some years ago.. whoz sane n u on the CDj`s... was one carzy night...
can we ppl in bombay xpect something like that after you return.....

bom from bbay
dupdudup

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 22:45
^^
Dear Nephilim,

Why dont you purchase your tix through regular channels and let those who want to go another route do their thing ?

Looks like Lucifer needs some love
          The truth is by no means out there, given to us are the data of our consciousness
dupdudup

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 00:30
I was looking up older threads on Boom and people have a lot to say about how to get there via different routes.

http://forum.isratrance.com/boom-festival-2006/page37/
is just one example.

I know we had representation for the last edition, not quite sure about this one.

There is also much hoo-hulla about the line up every year, lets see what unfolds this time !

Good luck to all !!
          The truth is by no means out there, given to us are the data of our consciousness
Munk|E
Munk E

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 09:14
heheh see you freaks there !!
is gonna be a blast for sure !!
and yeah this year is absolutely
gonna do some serious brain damage !

BooooM 2008

Transcendentalist

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 14:27
My suggestion is to use turkish airlines.. They have a direct flight from delhi to lisbon and i just ran a random check and found that if you book now it would cost you only Rs 26k for a return flight.. I think thats a steal... I flew with them this year to lisbon and its allright...

You could also check Qatar, Finnair etc for cheap flights direct to lisbon..

The boombus is the best way to get there... social networking is a big plus point in the boombus...

Eurorail is not cheap and i wouldnt recommend it unless you are travelling across europe and are in a hurry.. the intercity buses work out much cheaper than rail..

and yeah remember this...

Obrigados = Thanks in portugese
Yidam

Posted : Jan 19, 2008 16:03
thankyou Transcendentalist ... any links to those flights online? Been out of the loop so any suggestions for a good online booking site would be great.

Contacts of travel agents would be great too. I know that Air India has some kind of discount for bookings of 10 or more.

So here's a rundown for now ...

- Which airline/route?

Turkish Airlines to Lisbon
Air India to London and then Ryan Air to Lisbon

- getting to Boom from Lisbon?

za Boombus!

Lisbon Airport – Boom Festival – Lisbon Airport
Price: 50 € + 2 € Paypal Fees

Lisbon Airport – Boom Festival

Day: 11/08
Hour: 12.00
Hour. 21.00