Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

India @ Boom 2008

Transcendentalist

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 17:57
Quote:

On 2008-01-19 16:03, Yidam wrote:
thankyou Transcendentalist ... any links to those flights online? Been out of the loop so any suggestions for a good online booking

When in doubt always google it

www.thy.com
www.qatarairways.com etc this shud get u started...

Bout London please do keep in mind that Ryan air doesnt fly out from heathrow where most of the intnl flights land... And it will cost you a bomb and time to get from Heathrow to Gatwick/Luton.. And besides the schengen visa doesnt entitle you to go to UK.. SO u would have to get a UK visa as well... so if i were you guys and UK was not in my travel itinerary i would give the london option a skip...
dhamma walker

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jan 19, 2008 21:57
KLM has a good link ... mumbai - amsterdam - lisbon ...           Love n Light

Foot Stompin Records
www.footstompinrecords.com
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Jan 20, 2008 02:08
Someone Mentioned the London - Lisbon (ryan air) route... book in advance and its the best deal i think.

Anyone comin to spain first could join me for the beautiful drive to the boom from here... Anywhere from North of Spain... but its still a while to go...

But if you're anywhere around north of spain be sure to leave me a msg, already have a car... and place for 3 madhatters... shotgun?

-Mad           No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
dontdoit

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 20, 2008 14:06
one more important info.... REGARDING VISAS

anyone??
oMcyLOm

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jan 20, 2008 15:53
Quote:

On 2008-01-20 14:06, dontdoit wrote:

anyone??

a VERY imp info!!!!           ~~Co-Creator of A Ritual~~
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 20, 2008 22:04
Quote:

On 2008-01-20 15:53, oMcyLOm wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-01-20 14:06, dontdoit wrote:

anyone??

a VERY imp info!!!!

The Visa you should get is a Schengen Visa as Portugal is part of that union. There are 14 other countries that share the same visa

You get 2 choices to apply from...

1. Through the embassy of the country of Main Destination or Longest Stay. I.E Portuguese Embassy

Or

2. Through the embassy of the country you make your first entry into the schengen territory. Eg. Spain

It would be a short stay visa that is given for 1 year or 6 months with a maximum stay of 90 days in that period.

I think the cost for it is approx 3,500 Rs.

It would also be neccessary to make a Travel Insurance before application of the visa.

Rest of the documentaion req. you could find on their website, this is just a general info i have given above.

-Mad           No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
STILLALIVE

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 15:44
another BOOM BOOM on the cards........
well.........looking forward to this fest........
well one question????-is the third world entry fee not applicable to people who are living outside their home country(i read abt that).....and how the orgs gonna know that,as we def'nly have our indian passport,and it can be that we are taking diff routes to reach BOOM-THATs ALL.......
im heading there from dubai,so is it that i got to take the full fare......
all the bits and peices that we save will def'nly help us on our shanthi shanthi trip around europe after that u see......!!!!!!!
          cOnFuSion Was Never So BeautiFul..............
Transcendentalist

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 16:11
U need to have a return ticket from India to avail of the disocunt...
STILLALIVE

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 16:13
ohh ok..........i guess that can be sorted out..........thanks ...
          cOnFuSion Was Never So BeautiFul..............
dhamma walker

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 17:45
for visas ... which ever shengen country u can swing one from is good ... there is no problem if you get a visa from the greek embassy and end up in Portugal. that is usually what travel agents say to scare their travellers and get them to buy extra tickets ... for the portugese visa one has to make a trip to goa ... so if ure in delhi then just get a shengen visa from any other country in europe.
          Love n Light

Foot Stompin Records
www.footstompinrecords.com
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 21, 2008 19:38
Quote:

On 2008-01-21 17:45, dhamma walker wrote:
for visas ... which ever shengen country u can swing one from is good ... there is no problem if you get a visa from the greek embassy and end up in Portugal. that is usually what travel agents say to scare their travellers and get them to buy extra tickets ... for the portugese visa one has to make a trip to goa ... so if ure in delhi then just get a shengen visa from any other country in europe.

Yeah ... most times it doesnt matter... but sometimes if u get a immigration officer whose wifey isnt giving him any... then its gonna be your fault and you gonna have to answer a lotta questions... cause it wrong to put it on the travel agents... they have a reason they ask u to apply in the country you're gonna enter or stay most in.

and even right now if they let you go... the next time if u ever apply for the schengen, they'll check your track record and can reject you on the basis of providing them wrong information in the first go.

-Mad
          No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
headyatail2000
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 21:11
eu rail is quiteee expensive..!! no good!! i think around $500 for a 3 country pass (france, spain,porutgal)

i think even easy jet is good..! (from paris)

Q: with a schengen visa,, is it ok to catch a flight which transits a non - member...
like CDG(paris) - LTN (luton/UK) - Lisbon...????

will i need vijaa for UK too?????

help me bradass!!           <~< "the best things in life aren't things" - art buchwald >~>
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2008 15:46
Quote:

On 2008-01-21 21:11, headyatail2000 wrote:
eu rail is quiteee expensive..!! no good!! i think around $500 for a 3 country pass (france, spain,porutgal)

i think even easy jet is good..! (from paris)

Q: with a schengen visa,, is it ok to catch a flight which transits a non - member...
like CDG(paris) - LTN (luton/UK) - Lisbon...????

will i need vijaa for UK too?????

help me bradass!!

Well as long as you´re not landing in Heathrow and changing airports to catch the connecting flite... and as long as your flight is from the same airport with the transfer duration of LESS than 24 hrs... you do not require a UK visa or even a UK transit visa... but I´m not a 100% sure bout this rule... please verify...

Im replying on my personal experience to USA where i had a 12 hr stop at heathrow and they were tentative whether I required it or not and finally they (british embassy) told me I would not req. it.

-Mad...           No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 22, 2008 16:18
hello, how do i get there from bangalore? i need a connecting flight from lisbon to san Fransisco too...help : (
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2008 16:34
Quote:

On 2008-01-22 16:18, zmandan wrote:
hello, how do i get there from bangalore? i need a connecting flight from lisbon to san Fransisco too...help : (

Dude you mite have to do this thru a reliable agent to get the best deal... I think you should first buy a banglore - SF ticket (return if you have to) with a stop over in london for 10 days... and then yourself purchase another ticket over the net (ryan air.com works out best) for LON - LISBOA or LON - OPORTO return.

I cant think of a better option than that atm.

Editd : Ohhh... but for that you would need a UK visa for sure...

-Mad

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - India @ Boom 2008
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance