Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hom-mega Productions: Domestic- Art Making Machine HOM1CD049

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hom-mega Productions: Domestic- Art Making Machine HOM1CD049

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 11:45
HOM-MEGA PRODUCTIONS: Domestic- Art Making Machine HOM1CD049

1. Domestic feat Pixel and Unison- Big Time
2. Domestic feat Black and White- Beat Crusher
3. Domestic feat X-Noize- Flaming Dart
4. Domestic feat Pixel- Analogiz
5. Domestic- Limited Addiction
6. Domestic- Quake
7. Domestic feat X-Noize- Non Human
8. Domestic feat Wrecked Machines- Bloom On Day
9. Domestic feat Space Cat- Something In Mind
10. Domestic- Cannibal Archive

Hommega Productions- one of the top honchos of the psy scene today present Ido aka Domestic's album- Art Making Machine. Domestic is definitely one of the most experienced producers out there and this album was one of the most awaited considering it was his debut even though his presence in the scene was so prominent over all these years. This album promises a hybrid flavor or a mix between electro, techno trance, powerful full on and euro trance without neglecting the Goa vibe feel that most people complain of not hearing enough of these days. I was baited into buying this album by its great looking cover, promising production and the exciting collaborations with Black and White, Pixel, Space Cat, Wrecked Machines and new age star producers- X- Noize. One really expects a lot from any Hommega release in terms of production and ideas, lets see if they delivered this time...

To begin the journey Pixel and Unison collaborate with Domestic giving us Big Time. Pixel's influence is immediately felt in the tracks introduction with the trademark leads which are extremely similar to those in Space Cat vs. Pixel- Speedy Tours. The track is nicely produced with sounds falling into place, it runs at a standard 145 BPM and the breaks and bassline are rather predictable. The party truly begins just before the middle of the track, when a definitely Pixel'ated melody flows over the bassline acting as a passage to bliss and euphoria to the dancer and listener alike. From this point onwards, Domestic's presence is felt more strongly. The bassline sobers into single beats only to halt to suspense, as whooshes and other effects take over along with the blissful leads. The moment the compressed bass begins with the melody picking up, one cant help but smile! You know something big is about to happen. But this is where the amazing thing about such artists comes in, their unpredictability. The build-up just leads to the regular bassline which is soon followed by an ecstatic melody that would get anyone on the dancefloor to smile away and stomp hard. This track would work wonders at sunrise for sure! Great track on the whole. 9/10!!!

Next we have the retro active boys of hommega- Black and White working with Domestic. This 144 BPM classic starts with drum pads only to lead to hypnotic compressed bass which leads to a usual full-on bassline. I personally feel the atmospheres in the track were great, especially with the compressed bass running in the midst. The track flows into trademark black and white basslines with powerful retro sounding leads which is a great thing! The track goes on for another minute or so until it halts. Funky ass drum pads with leads and sound effects give a confusing ambience to the track- this again is a part of the unpredictablitly of this album. The buildup following the atmospheres leads to a rather cheesy melody which is soon overcome by the same great retro melody! This seems like a cool starting track for a set. Nothing too energetic yet bouncy. I give this track a 7/10

Domestic then collaborates with the new age golden boys of the Isreali trance mafia- X-Noize!! Flaming Dart starts with a rather long introduction but this leads to a power 144 BPM bassline. It is impossible not to notice how tight the production is, every sound is crystal clear, especially the kicks. This track seemed pretty much boring to me, as it sounded like it followed the usual isreali full-on formula. Smiles were inevitable listening to the groove at the middle of the track The bouncy bassline is carpeted with a deep melodic bass in its background adding to the atmospheres of the track. The track comes to a stand-still leading to a long anticipatory melody. Being a melody freak myself, this one seemed like quite a disappoinment to me. Nothing new, just a bland track to my ears. 6/10

Considering Analogiz involved Pixel, it got me highly excited judging by the first track Big Time. Fantastic deep atmospheres introduce the track. Sounds like a great weapon for the outdoor mornings. "Analogiz" is heard in a woman's voice sample leading to a power bassline. Its apparent that these guys took a different approach to this track. The story line seems completely different. The track seems more serious and groovy in nature on comparison to the melancholic and happy nature of Big Time. The bassline before the end is played around in a cheesy manner with the high's being tweaked. It then comes to a stop with the sample "lets take a trip to the moon". Yet again i must say the atmospheres after the sample are pretty fantastic, with the compressed bassline running in the back, with short power breaks. The track really sky rockets from here with the melody falling in place with the bassline. The track progresses predictably and leads to a build, break and melody which reminds me of none other than Xerox and Illumination! I really wonder whether they were the culprits behind the leads and melodies of this track Nice track overall, will get the crowd moving without a doubt. 7/10

And finally comes a track written and produced by Domestic alone Limited Addiction begins with spacey, futuristic sounds with very very soft leads in the background that your ears will strain themselves to hear. The track has a rather mediocre bassline that would'nt really get me jumping. The track progresses ordinarily, until hommega delivers its promise of the "Goa" sound which is heard half way through the track, even the hi- hats complement the bassline in a Goa sounding manner- one which i last heard in Astral Projection's tracks. Domestic really seems to know how to set the atmosphere right. A long break with futuristic, floaty, alien like atmospheres linger. The bassline re appears soon enough in a manner that disappointed me. Not a great track in my books really. 5/10
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 11:47
I was hoping the track Quake lived up to its name. I would say it did. Domestic shows great versatility in this track. Its a 140 BPM bone crusher with cool production. The bass is a lot deeper and harder. It gives one the space to breathe and full soak in the sounds and atmospheres in the background. Tracks like these remind of Cosma (RIP)- where emphasis and beauty lies in simplicity. Nice constant powerful beats with varying sounds and atmospheres. This track is completely different from the other tracks which have the uplifting formula in them. I find it hard to describe tracks like this one as we hear such few of them these days. Quite a cool track to get the tempo of the dancefloor down for a bit. 8/10

Non Human quite simply got me screaming and crying out of joy hehe! How in gods world did Domestic and the 2 X-Noize boys think of this damn melody?! The track starts eeriely with a soft bass until the sample begins- "What you trying to forget....." - its a nice long sample. The bassline kick and power is simply fantastic. At a perfect 142 BPM, the production quality of this track is supreme. The bass relentlessly pumps your temples without giving you any sort of respite until the break. The track just stretches with sound effects at the break until we hear the sample "What have you got against non human?" . From here on the track justs gets crazier by the second. The banging bassline twists emotions by going into a euphoric uplifting bassline that would catch anyone on the dancefloor by surprise, begging for more. The track then comes to a halt with suspense. The chizeling noise stops as well. The melody begins to appear from the background, and the expected build-up and break become rather unexpected as the build-up just continues. And bam! the machine churns out what could well be the melody of this year. I completely lost it over this melody- complete frenzy! Could'nt help but grin at everyone and everything around me. Cant help but love the tracks with the "good old days are over" theme This is the kind of track i could play on and on without an ounce of boredom- in fact i would'nt blame a DJ if he played it twice or more in the same set hahha Definitely a bomb for any and every party. Sorry if im bragging about this track too much! Domestic and X-Noize---> what a fantastic collaboration. I'd say the damn CD is worth buying for this track alone. Non Human gets a much deserved 10/10

Bloom On Day- sounds familiar? Yep, it infact is the remix of the oldie(j/k!!) hit Blue Monday by New Order. The original itself is quite a brilliant catchy track leaving Domestic to do a lot of living up to. In 2005 if i am right Dino Psaras in his side project Bulletproof released a single as a remix of this track, he did a fantastic job in my opinion! Now heres how this track goes... A minimal intro leads to a nice strong bassline with rather "lazy" sounding leads which sound rather cool. The Spun Records of influence of Wrecked Machines is certainly audible in the bassline. The bassline gives way to the legendary sounding Blue Monday tunes well transformed into leads. Soon the Ian Curtis' voice is heard- "tell me how do i feel?!" yes at this point i was feeling great heh! the domestic sound had started to infect me, i felt addicted almost. A long break is heard towards the middle of the track, starting preparation to the melody which i thought sounded fantastic, this track is bound work wonders at an indoor candy scene! Not a bad thing at all Lyrics keep popping up every now and then, which would probably get the crowd singing along too! Awesome track in my opinion. 10/10

Something in Mind is a track that got me excited too- star producer Space Cat was involved after all- a man who never failed to satisfy me with his melodies. The track defines killer production. This track along with non human is one that i recommend even to my dark loving friends and aspiring producers to listen to just for production sake. The bassline is groovy, with the effects just fueling the fire. Towards the middle the Space Cat influence is heard along with the bassline making it extremely catchy. A long compressed bass patch is heard leading to what would be the best video game suited melody- i kid! This melody whch may sound cheesy to some, does infact sound pretty cool, will definitely work for a late sunburnt morning. 8/10

Cannibal Archive? Made me wonder whether Domestic had fallen into the dark depths where masters such as Kindzadza, Xenomorph and Ghreg on Earth ruled! Boy was i mistaken. This is bliss at its finest. Domestic presents his outro track- an ambient journey into space. With subtle melodies and samples of birds shrieking, one can almost picture the scenes this track brings out. I am normally a person who cant appreciate ambient, however under the hypnosys of Big Time, Bloom On Day and Non Human i could'nt help but continue listening. A very very peaceful experience- something im not too used to hehe. Very nice ambient track in all. 9/10

Okaaaaaay, so thats that. Fantastic album- one of my favorites for sure. One that contains immortal dancefloor bombs that one has to try hard to forget. Nice artwork too. So yeah, congrats my buddy Eyal, super release as always-respect! and kudos to Domestic- we shall speak soonish Eagerly awaiting the Delirious album from Hommega. The Art Making Machine is a must buy for sure!
Cheers!
Rajat

Crystal_Sound
Crystal Sound

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 13:36
Great , hard , powerfull Album !@

Good work Ido ,osom Sound ...           Working Non Stop !!
------------
http://www.myspace.com/crystalvlad
------------
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 15:21
nice review, Rajatrao just a small correction: Limited Addiction, Quake and Cannibal Archive were written by Ido Ophir & Miki Litvak.
And somehow, these tracks are my favorites Limited Addiction with it's beautifull Goa sound, Cannibal Archive which is not just another one of those outro chillout tracks- it is very soothing, produces a great atmosphere and a beautifull ending to a mainly dancefloor album.
Moreover, Quake is imo one of the best tracks of the year! exactly my taste- 140 BPM, minimal, powerful and nightish
There are other tracks here that i like;
Analogiz (with Pixel)- i love those small melodies and the massive pick, very powerfull! surely will work great on a morning of a huge rave.
Non Human (with X-Noize)- i don't know, this track is really Club/Euro- Trance oriented and even Nizhonot, which usually for some of us psy-heads it implies for inferiority, but this is not the case: this track just makes you smile.
Something In Mind (with Space Cat)- i'll put it simple: good full on track.
To sum it up, Domestic has been one of my favorite trance artists since the beginning, and this album just reinforces this fact.
Although nowadays i'm more into other genres, i can appreciate Art Making Machine which is a well produced album (not surprising at all since we're talking here about Mr. Master himself hehe & Yaniv Gold), has more than a few dancefloor bombs, and shows us that Domestic remember where they come from and where it all started (these tasty Goa sounds and the chillout track ). recommended! especially for full on lovers, but also for others who appreciate good production and classic sounds.
favorites:
4, 5, 6(!), 7, 9, 10(!).
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 16:29
@ Mat N... yeah excuse my ignorance mate If im right Miki Litvak used to be one half of domestic? And i do remember reading about his involvement in this album. Anyways glad you liked this one too!
Cheers
Rajat
HujaBoy
HujaBoy

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 18:21
i agree with mat N.
the 3 best tracks for me were made with mickey.
and 4th with BW
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 18:52
welll wt can i say ..! i saw domestic play a dj set along wid pixel in the year 2002 here in my home town of india...! n it was very evident tht one day sumthin really spl wud cum frm thr side ...!
ido MAN...! wt production frm ur side..! hommega this is one of the top notch releases frm u ppl n DOMESTIC;s muzik is jus brilliant jus the amount of melody in the traxs..! N HUGE SOUNDZ N PRDTNS...! n xplosive toolkit for the dancefloor in da morning hours...!

domestic's sound leaves a well blend of smile n feel gud factor in my thghts ..! IT JUS SHOWS THT A VETERAN WILL ALWAYS REMAIN A VETERAN .. muzik frm israel artists was gettin really weak n disapointing but this one sets the records strght for me sumhow ...

n domestic shows his other electro chill out style too wid the trax no.10 .. i hope hommega have a chillout album in da pipeline too at sum later stages ..!
standout traxs for have to traxs 4,5,6 ..!

till next time ..! keep it goin hommega
LUV N LITE !
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 15:42
funny thing on this album is that the two harder tracks (6 and 7) are also the slowers!! (140 and 142 BPM)

The ambient track in the end is also very beautiful!
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 17:02
nice review and a pretty cool album           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Voice Project

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 19:05
love this album
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 19:20
for me the best artist album so far!
verry nice, powerfull clean produced tracks..

hon human is my favourite!

congratulations to mr domestics work!

greetz from vienna!           http://www.facebook.com/djkajola
Digital Tribe
Digital Tribe

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 16:33

best sound the best muisc
i love this album,,,,,,,,,

digital tribe ....
http://www.showme.co.il/gallery.asp?u=digitaltribe&album=25032&p=8
JDigital
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 20:03
This is an absolute stellar album from Domestic.. and as mentioned by others, Non Human is my absolute favorite track and has shot up to #1 on playlist for DJing..

However, can someone tell me where those voice samples are from in Non Human? Or did Domestic come up with those?           .:~On a Vision Quest~:.
Domingos
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 20:32
Super album from the Best creator in israel these days - Fantastic Domestic!
Vamos Hommega!           The songs and the music that i portray, Comes from the heart and comes from the mind, That makes it, that makes me feel that i'm blurring? The right information.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Oct 30, 2006 13:15
track 4 and 9 are my favs... will be in my case for a bit
production and sounds to make anyone out there surely inspired.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hom-mega Productions: Domestic- Art Making Machine HOM1CD049

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance