Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Hardware sequencers.
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hardware sequencers.

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Feb 6, 2014 07:00
Quote:

On 2014-02-05 22:23, woodster77 wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-02-03 20:10, Yidam wrote:
This looks useful too with its CV, and a steal under 100e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVGdjIuvS4o#t=150

Kickass wee thing, only a couple of things it needs to ne useable for cv,
It ,doesntt have cv clock out, so you wont be able to sync it , only send a gate out when triggered

hmm yeah, guess it's not going to fit in the middle of a chain if you're using another master clock, but can't complain too much given its out of the box sequencing capabilities.

woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Feb 6, 2014 09:29
I emailed them bout doing a cv only version ,,modstep

Got good feedback , dont know if theyll do it, but without a clock your kinda screwed, have to have a computer to generate a sync,

Shame,,,, would be great for live patching of modular           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 7, 2014 09:43
Quote:

On 2014-02-03 09:59, Nectarios wrote:
Can't wait to get the Make Noise Rene. Only seen youtube clips of it, but I feel the way it works, will have me program some sequences I haven't yet.

a friend just got a hold of the shared system from makenoise that includes the rene. from what I hear it's the holy grail of complex sequencing, nothing else needed. am still on the linear trip so trying to get a hold of a used dark time seq.

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2014 06:23
Found a Dark Time sequencer for around 400 usd, wondering if it's a worthwhile investment given stuff like beatstep is coming out soon .

Any Dark Time users here with some first hand feedback? I've read all the reviews, hard to make a call.
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2014 14:54
I would wait for beatstep, then check out how the second hand prices react for the dark time , win win, if everyone dumps the dark time for the beatstep the prices will plummet,

Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Feb 13, 2014 17:16

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2014 20:50
Quote:

On 2014-02-13 14:54, woodster77 wrote:
I would wait for beatstep, then check out how the second hand prices react for the dark time , win win, if everyone dumps the dark time for the beatstep the prices will plummet,

i don't think it will that much, dark time users are likely to upgrade to something more expansive like the eurorack module above so they'll need that cash + not many out for sale there today so very doubtful it will go for much less in the future. doepfer builds are solid that way, turning knobs on the dark energy was just oomph.

woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 13, 2014 21:36
Trust me bud, most wigglers would go for functionality and low price, over feel I reckon, but I could be wrong

It might not affect the second hand price but itll definately have an impact in 3rd party eurorack sequncers

Besides ,,, im pretty sure they are gonna tweek the design which will push it up the ranks a bit

But you never know           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2014 20:32
Ok you got me, I have a bias when it comes to who builds it... went for the Qunexus last year, it's great piece of gear and good for Midi work but the slewing issues for CV control makes it hard to work with.

Proper Midi to CV conversion as an add-on to a budget controller, skeptical till it's done properly. Guess time will tell. It's hard to predict these days with every company upping the ante in marketing trying to please everyone.

Essio
Essio

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 15, 2014 12:20
Rene is really nice if ur in the modular stuff already, also the future retro one is nice, lots of stuff on that, no experience with others, the microbrute sequencer looks fun too           http://www.soundcloud.com/essio
Boom Kaboom !!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Hardware sequencers.
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance