Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

HAMPI

Penelope Pitstop
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 15, 2008 22:44
Hope a mod can pin this topic

OK - As we all know, people are complaining about Goa, however, there is a nice place to go and chill - Hampi

Directions:
Train to HOSPET in Karnataka
From Goa it's tricky as you'll more than likely be in North Goa - get to Margao (south of Panaji) and get on a train to Hospet
From Hospet, it's a toss-up between some old dude with a donkey or a taxi to Hampi

Once in Hampi, for sure explore the main street, but to feel at home, cross the river (the other side)

Exploring OLD HAMPI is the most amazing fun you could ever have, alsmost as good as Angkor Wat in Vietnam

If you go walking about the old ruins, you'll for sure come across the old Elephant Stables, great place to camp out for a night if you've had a bhang lassi

Be careful about some old woman selling bhang lassi with datura in it - I trod on a snake once and stood still all night until the sun came up and realised I was standing on a stick

Hampi is a place everyone should go to

The rock formations looks like Hannuman (Monkeys)

Be careful if you go climbing the rocks, alot of monkeys live there and they can be violent if you invade their territory

Hampi is way more trippy than Goa

Go and find out

Boom
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 15, 2008 23:43
Hampi is definitely worth checking out from what i have heard Hope to be there very soon

BooM
aCIDISGOD

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 16, 2008 00:45
I ve never been but heard there is a nice Cafe culture there! Hopin to go soon!           ********************************************
Guardian of the Eastern Dark.
Oran
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 16, 2008 00:49
Quote:

On 2008-02-15 22:44, Penelope Pitstop wrote:
alsmost as good as Angkor Wat in Vietnam

Angkor Wat is in cambodia..           Always agressive never progressive.
Penelope Pitstop
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 16, 2008 01:24
Yes - I got confused for a moment - forgive me baba

Cambodia and Vietnam are both amazing places also, was/am writing a piece for Lonely Planet on HMC Vietnam and was obviously a typo

Anyway - Hampi people - certainly one of India's forgotten Cities

Featured on this video also...

Oran
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 16, 2008 01:25
Quote:

On 2008-02-16 01:24, Penelope Pitstop wrote:
forgive me baba

Again?           Always agressive never progressive.
Penelope Pitstop
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 16, 2008 01:30
Quote:

On 2008-02-16 01:25, Oran wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-02-16 01:24, Penelope Pitstop wrote:
forgive me baba

Again?

Yes - of course

Unless you'd like to get pedantic

Shame on an admin for spamming a decent topic
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Feb 16, 2008 05:09
oran is not spamming and if you follow the guideline, you could have used the search, there are so many topics on hampi mr/miss pitstop.

and there is a section for travelling now as well and guess what there is one "hampi" there too >> http://forum.isratrance.com/hampi/74-126033/

Topic Move....            What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in mans unconscious psych. - CJ Jung
Kormaduerg

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 16, 2008 05:43

this topic seems much more beneficial than the 1 for which the link is provided above...

may be that thread shld be moved here

penelope has provided enough details for this to be the momma of hampi threads : )

and its much more than , where , when and how ? which is usually the case

oh how i miss dear sorceress in topics and discussions like these

om bOM bong

Cosmic Oneness
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Feb 16, 2008 05:47
Hampi !!! Nice thread !!!           " All is One "

When we change the way we see things, the things we see begin to change ... In Lak'ech Ala K'in ...
Lesser Soul
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 16, 2008 15:55
yaya ...mama of all hampi threads

^^^ wassup Psybates baba ...hows life treatin u . n what u been upto .....bha bha bah bah ...hehehehe freak out ....... ....one more thread goin wtf ???           Being, a bundle of minute, unique particulars in which, by some unspeakable and yet self-evident paradox, was to be seen the divine source of all existence.
psyclone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Feb 18, 2008 16:26
mez goin to Hampi for Mahashivrati...
any1 wana join you're most welcome

BOOMSHANTI !           U can take me away from the freaks...
but u can't take the freak out of me...
blottereater

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 18, 2008 18:27
are there any parties on in humpi this mahashivrati..
will be in Goa during that week so if there is any thing on will be able to head there...
please update

boom from bbay
Penelope Pitstop
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 18, 2008 22:12
Here's a small map showing places to Lodge and also places of interest to see. As you can see, the preferable place is on the other side of the river, but that really adds to the funny experience of clambering into some coracle drived by a drunk person and being paddled across. The river is deep. Check for leaks though before you get in. You'll see evidence of old bridges swept away in the past monsoon floods, so never underestimate the power of that river.

http://www.hampi.in/images/Hampi%20Lodging.jpg

Some pics of interest:

http://thefamoustouristdestinations.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/hampi.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/archaeology/1/7/4/H/hampi2.jpg

http://www.globalheritagefund.org/where/images/hampi_17.jpg

Hampi, the 14th century capital of one of the greatest empires of the world, lies in the Deccan heartland in the state of Karnataka. The ruins of Hampi are scattered throughout an area of 26 sq. km area, amidst giant boulders and vegetation. Protected by the tempestuous river Tungabhadra in the north and rocky granite ridges on the other three sides, the ruins narrate silenty the story of grandeur splendor and fabulous wealth. The splendid remains of palaces and gateways of the broken city tells a tale of man's infinite talent and power of creativity together with his capacity for senseless destruction.

Taken from here: http://www.world66.com/asia/southasia/india/karnataka/hampi/history

^ read the rest and enjoy Hampi. For sure one of the most amazing places on Earth.
Penelope Pitstop
Inactive User

Posted : Feb 18, 2008 22:23
Quote:

On 2008-02-16 05:09, LSD-25 wrote:
if you follow the guideline, you could have used the search, there are so many topics on hampi mr/miss pitstop.

I did use the search, unfortunately, Hampi does not have 3 ???

Try searching yourself and you will see, before you jump down my throat.

Anyway, this thread has information in it, not questions unanswered

Regarding parties in Hampi... they do happen occasionally, as you kinda assumed, during festival dates like mention above, but they are small affairs, about 50 people, nice vibes - I suggest you go and see for yourself

We've had many parties here (on the roof) http://hampionline.com/images/subimages/ElephantStables_Small.jpg

Boom
Trance Forum  Forum  India - HAMPI

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance