Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Goa Gil - Karmagedon (Avatar-Records Apr. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Goa Gil - Karmagedon (Avatar-Records Apr. 2005)

EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Jun 11, 2005 21:54
One of the best cd this year so far!

9.9 of 10           Signature
evgeny@aero-groove
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  166
Posted : Jun 11, 2005 23:55
Damn i listend to the samples...i salut the heroes that can survive this infornt of a turbo set

all diversity is good, it's not my type of music but ppl if you don't like it stop bitching move on           http://www.aero-groove.com
http://www.facebook.com/aerogroovemusic
http://twitter.com/aero_groove
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jun 13, 2005 20:57
Quote:

On 2005-06-02 22:59, mubali wrote:
I think it is easy to bash what Gil does because not very many people really understand his mission. It's a shame too, because I really think that Gil still is truly doing it for the music. He promotes unheard of artists and is a big supporter of the local talent out of SF. A lot of the full on melodic lovers will never really be able to comprehend the nature of the heavy duty psychedelic music. The crazy stuff is indeed an acquired taste, but it easily gets labelled as it being stuff that promotes negativity or crap. In turn many of the heavy duty lovers find the melodic stuff to be ecstacy fueled melodic dribble. Nobody seems to want to understand that there are times and places for all of the music and all that needs to happen is for people to understand that a full psychedelic journey mixes the pleasant with the unpleasant. The individual determines what constitutes those terms for themselves, not others.

There's some stuff on there that I really enjoy, and there's some stuff on there that I am not really into. I do give mad props to Gil for putting out music from these artists that normally wouldn't be able to get their stuff released. They might not fit the status quo, but that's something I think Gil has started specializing in and I totally love him for that.

I like how u expressed yourself mubali

Goa Gil.. ahh!! The eternal topic.. will never end, and thats the magic of Baba. He will never end..
His music is only fuel for your spiritual experience, it is not THE defining factor.

I dont think Brettfromtibet is out of line in his responses. I remember readin a topic of his in which he stated that 'Goa is lost'.
We all see things differently and thats whats awesome. Imagine if we ALL thought alike *shudder*

back to the cd...

The dominator track is great.. gets my juices flowing, but the Top track on teh cd is Quasar by far... Dominated the whole cd for me, found it a very tasteful track.

Good luck with ur future works dude

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Jun 14, 2005 20:03
i like the tracks! ocelot !!!           missing plug-in
frix

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 11, 2005 20:48
heya, first time in listened to the cd i really disliked it.
but today i returned really depressed, frustrated and sad and thought now would be the perfect moment to listen to this kind of music...and in some way it worked and releaved my bad feelings.

i would conclude that this is special music for a very few special moments, but for me not all time stuff.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Sep 12, 2005 06:32
strange, for me it has nothing to do with the mood. though i wouldn't play this CD if i wanted to relax. some unbelievable amazing tracks on this one. the middle 5 tracks are great, kdd, zik, dylalien, quasar, ocelot.. but no, not for background music for cocktails, this isn't.

..it's just another party..
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Sep 12, 2005 16:55
..really amazing..a diferent trip!
wish more cd´s of him mixed or unmixed would come out..really like thix sonoritie!go go gil!!!           ...
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Sep 25, 2005 00:14
I just gave it another listen... still can't dig it. I really enjoy the dark side of psychedelic trance, but this just seems pointlessly hard and sort of sloppy, if you ask me. I'll pass... maybe I just don't understand.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Sep 25, 2005 11:22
eh, not necessarily - I think people do have different tastes, everyone doesn't have to like the same thing. Even though if you really dig something, it's hard to understand why someone else doesn't. But that's life.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

..it's just another party..
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Sep 29, 2005 23:43
It's very raw and it lacks the spiritual feeling that the "TTO" or the"CB2000" or even the "spiritual trance" had but overall a very decent release.I'm very happy to c a man of his status to support the underground!
respect,
CRX,athens
ps.the zik track is elite!
          Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 5, 2005 15:43
full power goa gill style ... best cd i go my hands on recently ... my favs are 4(!) , 5(!!) , 7(!!!) , 10 ...           http://www.soundcloud.com/fuzulu
http://fuzulu.bandcamp.com

BooM!!!!
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Nov 30, 2005 16:25
a little late opinion (just heard it on a friend`s house). I give goa gil a 9 for this album. I do appreciate that he didn`t promote commercial tracks, just like Raja Ram has just done. And more to the point Gil selected tracks that in spite of being very dark (something that I really do not like at all, like the screamings and howlings), are the tracks that more resembles the ¨feel good¨ atmosphere that you had in Goa times. My point is, strip the tracks from their negative screams and howlings, pay attention to the basslines and riffs, and then you can really appreciate this very good album.
My favorites, tracks 1 and 10.

Peace and Love.
Hellios

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 01:04
is this underground trance????
if it is better stay there.... poor
trance how low..... (sorry i meant underground)....can u go???
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 02:27
i tried really hard with this cd... wont say much more then:
"i dont get it, next."           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
bbgun

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 30, 2009 21:46
Kindzadza, Matutero, Freaking, Dylalien are amazing
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Goa Gil - Karmagedon (Avatar-Records Apr. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance