Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Goa Gil - Karmagedon (Avatar-Records Apr. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Goa Gil - Karmagedon (Avatar-Records Apr. 2005)

mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 6, 2005 20:06
Damn! Dropout. we had the same idea, at the same time!
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jun 6, 2005 22:43
Goa-gil is mega cool, i just don't fancy his style of trance...           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 6, 2005 23:17
Ok then, how 'bout this...

In America, many men in their 50's, once they've achieved some level of success, tend to purchase hot sports cars perhaps for attracting attention to the hot, younger, women. Something about feeling the youthful energy and fun that's perhaps long passed. Could this be Gil's version of that tendency? There certainly seems to be a similarity. Kill two birds with one stone, feel young again, while simultaneously "reinventing the tribal ritual for the 21th century achieving a unity of body and spirit for all dancers of his techno-kirtan." Not only firing away with the most energetic music, but doing it for long marathon stretches. Sounds like a good gig to me...

-dz

HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 6, 2005 23:28
Gil is a ok person. Personally I dont like his music taste. But one things for sure. Gil learn to mix
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Jun 6, 2005 23:59
Quote:

On 2005-06-06 20:04, mono mono wrote:
It's no different, in a sense, from going to CBGB's in NYC and hearing 5 punk bands in a row.

Yup. Coming from the ealy 80s days of hardcore thrash through the whole night, band after band hard fast loud with the energy unrelenting till the end of the show. coming out of the pit bruised, bleeding but feeling a renewed, cleansed energy that's ultimately positive.

(and then go skate!)

This is how I feel after dancing to Gil for hours.

I found this album to be straight out psychedelic Goa trance much like the old days. Not dark or evil or trauma or whatever scared people call it.
Adaya

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 7, 2005 04:10

"I found this album to be straight out psychedelic Goa trance much like the old days. Not dark or evil or trauma or whatever scared people call it."

EXACTLY!!
Troll@CrackWhoreModels
IsraTrance Analyst Member

Started Topics :  558
Posted : Jun 7, 2005 07:00
Good Mermories from his visit in denmark when i hear this cd

very nice           www.myspace.com/trollatcrackwhoremodels
www.myspace.com/crackwhoremodels
www.myspace.com/cwmdeco
Babube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 8, 2005 20:16
Quote:

On 2005-06-07 04:10, Adaya wrote:

"I found this album to be straight out psychedelic Goa trance much like the old days. Not dark or evil or trauma or whatever scared people call it."

No way...

So, where are the killers like Astral Projection - let there be light?!
The golden age has passed
i don´t know why there´s so lack of creativity nowadays...
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Jun 8, 2005 20:45
sorry for veering off topic here a bit
@Babube
I used to feel the same as you until I realized... I don't like to have the same trip twice. The same experience twice. I like to think that I am changing in every moment, so I don't expect the music to be the same every time. I want to experience new journeys and that must include new music to go with it.

The Golden Age is is _always_ the very moment you are in. Right?
quasar
Quasar

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 8, 2005 23:54
What an excellent album to start the summer. There was a lot of work that went into producing this album. It wasn't just picking 9 tracks and mixing them. Each artist pretty much wrote their song in the theme of Karmaggedon. My track for instance, Glossalalia, has a sample "doors opening on new vistas".
This is the idea of Karmaggedon as renewal, rebirth. There is destruction, for sure, but this is encapsulated in the ego of man, for it is he who must die for spiritual rebirth to occur. So it's not just picking cherries to the ego!
But once the doors are open--WOW! new vistas, pretty cool!
And then there is the Dylalien track, "the Brain track" as Gil calls it. It is psychotic. It is about losing your mind, but in a good way. When you hear the part, "if i only had a brein..." it is OBVIOUSLY being very sarcastic. Who needs a brain anyway? That's for conservative christians!!

Thanks again to the Nommos!
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Jun 9, 2005 01:12
The guru never disappoint his fans
I listen for this comp again and again and understand why Gil is a legend.
Salamandrill

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 10, 2005 17:35
deadly choons, go gil!
Gingo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 10, 2005 20:55
i dont know..... after reading all the posts that came after mine i went back and listened to this cd again. I said "mabey i missed something?"

after listening to the CD again I think that ppl who like it have no taste in music.
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jun 10, 2005 23:50
Respect to goa gil as an old-time freak...

"Boo!!!" to his recent taste in tunes.

Here's to hoping he will be able to one day come out of his BLACK HOLE and "RE-redefine the ancient tribal ritual" with a genuinely psychedelic sound track , like he was once famous for.
Mr G
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 11, 2005 02:16
Gil is a legend..that can't be disputed . his outlook & spirituality are immense & his importance to the scen can't be underestimated in any way....
However, people do need to take a re-check on this album & maybe pretend that it is by an unknown artist... would there be as many positive reviews?...has to be a strong doubt there I think.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Goa Gil - Karmagedon (Avatar-Records Apr. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance