Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - gms on isratrance now 10,000 euro reward offered
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

gms on isratrance now 10,000 euro reward offered

nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 18:37
Why should people stop bitching? If people are unhappy about a "live" performance it's properly because it sucked in the first place.... Again they pay to see a band so if they are not happy about what they saw they have all right to bitch about it... They pay and the artist must make sure that he/she deliver the product.... it's as simple as i get's This is how the world goes around and if an artist is "afraid" to get criticised for his/her music or stage performance then he or she should properly not be in the music business.
DJ Hoffman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 23:08
this has gone too far i think because most of the people in this forums have a certain degree of knowledge about electronic music... most of the people in here know that this high tech music is done in the studio and that even a single guy can make more music than an orchestra.... i think this the beauty of this... isnt it ??

in fact GMS doesnt have to prove or bet anything to anyone and i think they know perfectly what to do LIVE and what not

btw, i dream that soon i can have a computer that can play everything REALTIME on stage...and that i can tweak any parameter of the track playing REALTIME LIVE without any buffer problems or cpu usage this is very utopic too but its more possible than having any artist playing electronic music all 100% live (as mr. elysium interprets the term 'live')

well cheers to GMS guys u rock please post more on here maybe ur top 10s would be very nice i hope we can get this computers soon i heard some university connected like 1000 mac g5 to built the most powerfull computer on earth for only about 5million dollars
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 23:26
Dj Hoffman - You beat me to the punch. My thoughts exactly. We all know it's not 100% live, but by someone saying they don't play live implies that they are like some of the other artists I have personally come across that make you rent all of this equipment to play "live" and they don't even use it. To me that is bullshit.

What GMS and a few others do is awesome. They play as live as you can within this style of music and they tweak it for and interact in real time with the crowd. To me, that's live. Not acting like you are up there doing something, when you really aren't.
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 23:43
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 16:42, Elysium Project wrote:

Well Mike try and ask some 17 year old kid on the dancefloor next time and you'll be surpriced (heck ask a 30 year old bloke too - if they still exist in this scene?). Many people belive that when the term "live" is on the flyer then it must be played by hands... Remember that many come from other scenes including the rock scene where most concerts are played 100% by hand (when it involve a set-up in the clasical way - drums, guitars and a bass and maybe a keyboardplayer)

So yes many do think that the artists play everything themselves....

[/quote]

Ok, I'll ask a 17 year old.........

Eskimo (Junya), do all acts play 100% live?
Most "kids" have more computer knowledge than us older guys anyway.

Anyway this whole thing got way out of context and even when I was completely computer illiterate at 17, I knew they weren't playing 100% live. However, I knew what the difference was between a "live" trance act and dj set, or "live" band. They play on the equipment they ask you to rent and it isn't the same as the CD you buy when they do it, so that's live to me.

Other's ask you to rent all of this shit, raising the cost of your party, forcing you to charge more, then they don't even use it or they use some lame excuse that they forgot something, so they can't.

Son Kite forgot a cord, but did some last minute electrician work so their fans wouldn't be disapointed. That's live to me. They did everything they could to not disapoint their fans. To me, that's live trance.
uvego
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 01:17
playing live act with four hends in the air, yes yes yes
you guys simply ROCKS, but too much acting           _____________________

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 01:25
Let's take a look at the 3 biggest live bands in the world right now. U2, Pearl Jam and Radiohead. I have personally been to a couple of shows from all of these bands and I have to say that none of them play live either according to Elysium's interpretation. You can obviously hear recorded stuff in the background everytime they play. I'm sure they could play 100% live if they really wanted to but they feel that they are better off doing other things to enhance the concert experience instead of playing a tedious simple beat or rhythm that will sound exactly the same anyway.
Moral of the story is: It's 2003. Get with the program.           Both teams played hard
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 01:44
Quote:

On 2003-11-05 01:25, Apocalypse Now wrote:
Moral of the story is: It's 2003. Get with the program.

my hero!!!!           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 5, 2003 01:46
"Acocalypse Now" where did I say that it's not ok to do play back ect.?

I was merely pointing out that most bands in our scene do too much playback and too much as someone said "hands in the air" acting ! And as an artist myself with a quite big experience in "live" playing I feel it's a scam to make people pay good money to see a guy or a band pressing start on a DAT or a labtop! As an artists I rather stay home than go out and press a button... Of course I can't play everything live and I am not pretending to.... But come one.... a DAT or a labtop is the tool of around 99% of all artists in this scene..... That's horrible in my opinion and just prove that many of the artists shoudl dtay home until they know how to do a good show and give people some value for their money!

It seem you and some other people in this forum have a hard time understanding what I mean or maybe you just don't want to understand it?

I am with the "program" and have been with the "program" for many many years!

And Uncle Bob just because youngsters are into computers does not mean that they know all about how to play live or not or to spot if the artist actually play or fake it!.... it's the same as to say that everyone know how to play a guitar or be a DJ..... oh but that's almost the case in our little scene.... everyone is a DJ and a musician.... LOL

Take a word from a guy who's been into the business for more than 25 years and have been playing in different "real" live bands and out as a DJ and band on various parties around the globe from 1992..... Not that many people actually know what's going on "on stage". All they see is flashing lights and a lot of fancy equipment (mostly rented) and they got no clue if the artist push the labtop/DAT/A-DAT or even iPod (yes it's been done) button or if the artists actually do an effort to work for the money!

Enough said.... draw your own conclusions!
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 5, 2003 02:17
Actually I said at 17 I didn't know anything (illiterate) . Now, I know more, but in no way know everything, but I could tell if someone is playing the same stuff that's on the cd I just bought, or if they are enhancing it or changing it in any way. I am not stupid.

In no way am I trying to belittle your experience either. I have your music too. You don't need to make sure I know your an artist. However, just like you, I am too entitled to my own opinion.

I think, for whatever reason, you were a little too eager to define the word "live" on this message board. If you recall, they weren't asking what the word meant.

GMS plays live, people sit up here and say they don't, so they asked someone to prove it. They're entitled to shut people up who talk out of their ass without you implying they are trying to be superstars.

So, sorry if we all don't share your need to call them out and make them look bad for being offended by shit talkers. To me, that shows it bothered them that people felt they were faking it and that is the same passion I feel when I see them live, so no matter what anyone says, their live experience is always special and I am a fan because of it.

If you wanted to define the word live, you could have posted your own thread.

WITH NO DISRESPECT.
MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE, regardless of their opinion.
solipt1c
Soliptic
Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 02:53

Well, I never been to a party with GMS, I dont own any GMS cds, i dont even have any GMS mp3s.... I could sure use 10000 euros tho!

so, guys, how about you fly me out to one of your gigs and pay me 10000 euro then i will happy to come back to isratrance and present a fair and balanced report on what i saw!

aaaaaaaanyway... i think most of this thread is kinda stupid. there are plenty of bands who do GENUINELY live electronic music, like my own band for example (www.keiretsu.org.uk). NO sequencing... but yeah, there are some samplers in there too.... the guy on the sampler cant alter the programming of the beats within the sample, so I guess he's not "playing it live" right? But he is triggering dozens of samples per song, all in exactly the right place, filtering them and stuff, is that still live? I'd say its certainly way more live than a DAT. But perhaps still less "live" than playing a guitar. So really it is just semantics... like Bob suggests... this thread is barely about who is or is not playing live, but rather the *definition* of the word live.           http://www.dartrecordings.co.uk/
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 5, 2003 10:47
Quote:

On 2003-11-05 02:17, Uncle Bob wrote:
Actually I said at 17 I didn't know anything (illiterate) . Now, I know more, but in no way know everything, but I could tell if someone is playing the same stuff that's on the cd I just bought, or if they are enhancing it or changing it in any way. I am not stupid.

In no way am I trying to belittle your experience either. I have your music too. You don't need to make sure I know your an artist. However, just like you, I am too entitled to my own opinion.

I think, for whatever reason, you were a little too eager to define the word "live" on this message board. If you recall, they weren't asking what the word meant.

GMS plays live, people sit up here and say they don't, so they asked someone to prove it. They're entitled to shut people up who talk out of their ass without you implying they are trying to be superstars.

So, sorry if we all don't share your need to call them out and make them look bad for being offended by shit talkers. To me, that shows it bothered them that people felt they were faking it and that is the same passion I feel when I see them live, so no matter what anyone says, their live experience is always special and I am a fan because of it.

If you wanted to define the word live, you could have posted your own thread.

WITH NO DISRESPECT.
MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE, regardless of their opinion.

Well if you knew me you would also know that there was some irony in my post to them (did you see the smileys????). I know the guys, eventhough it's along time since I saw them and I am sure they can take it! And who are you to get offended on their behalf? And I do still believe it was a bit too much to offer money in those amounts in a forum. So why should I not tell them, afterall they too can make mistakes and did one in my opinion - see I say MY OPINION!!!

I did not try to make you aware of that I am an artists, I am sure my blue status will tell you all by yourself!!!!... And I could not care less if you know that I am an artists or not.

And where does it say that I am not allowed to define the word "live"... Is this thread only for people that willl bend their heads and agree to everything you believe in?

And last did you see me say that you're not entitled to your own opinion? It seem to me that instead of joining the discussion you attack me because you don't agree... Why not just join the discussion in a more constructive manner or just ignore it?
CrunchCandy

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 11:24
Come on guys, if you wanna see a live band go check out a jazz trio
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 5, 2003 11:44
Jazz can be very educating and mindblowing too...

And it's for sure in most cases 1000% live
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 11:50
Well, I don't want to see anyone pressing the spacebar on their laptop alone, but doing it together with playing synths & live instruments, tweaking and fiddling.. That's live for me
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 5, 2003 17:56
If you knew me, you would know the reason I get so bothered by people's negative comments is because sometimes it's not necessary to put someone down and call them "superstars", etc.

However, If you want to be right, ok, you are!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - gms on isratrance now 10,000 euro reward offered
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance