Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - gms on isratrance now 10,000 euro reward offered
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

gms on isratrance now 10,000 euro reward offered

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 14:36
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 14:06, Elysium Project wrote:
Just one comment. No bands and I mean NO bands can play fully live with this kind of music. Especially not to so fast music... It's simply impossible!!!

So the point is that most music is pre-recorded or played out from a computer ect. ect. And then yes you can play drums, flutes, samples, riffs, percussion on top of the music. But there's no such thing as real live in this scene unless it's slower music and even then some parts are sequenced and so on...

It's utopia to think that bands play live no matter what they say.... The do good old playback with some overdubbing!

Correction

i do believe Juno Reactor once performed a FULLY live set in australia... 12 people on stage... im not 100% sure...

A
nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 14:40
No they didn't.
To perform live mean to play each and every single note and instrument with your hands! Of course I know that the term might be a bit more "loose" today but still it's a big misunderstanding among many people that bands play live.

But Juno did come very close to the real thing though
ozric@e.om
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:15
Quote:

Just one comment. No bands and I mean NO bands can play fully live with this kind of music. Especially not to so fast music... It's simply impossible!!!

So the point is that most music is pre-recorded or played out from a computer ect. ect. And then yes you can play drums, flutes, samples, riffs, percussion on top of the music. But there's no such thing as real live in this scene unless it's slower music and even then some parts are sequenced and so on...

It's utopia to think that bands play live no matter what they say.... The do good old playback with some overdubbing!

Sorry elysium, but your post is sooooooo wrong.

Any thing is possible, and when I say any thing I mean ANYTHING.
to determine that some thing is impossible is just discouraging the creative energy that all electronic music was born from!

At e.om (extreme live!) we do sequence the basic loop of a track on a drum machine BUT the longest sequence is of 2 BARS at most -NO pre recorded playback, NO computer playing sequence on stage, NO overdubbing, NO BULLSHIT.

So please don't say it's impossible to play REAL LIVE fast pumping electronic music - just say U haven't seen any REAL one.

I don't know in what concept GMS are performing live, but i fairly know that live electronics are possible reality cause I’ve been there doing it!

PLUR

e.om - www.eom.co.il
ozric@e.om
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:23
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 14:40, Elysium Project wrote:

To perform live mean to play each and every single note and instrument with your hands!

what ur saying is that 95% of the music concerts now days is not live cause some one on stage using a sampler? or a drum machine?
and if a keyboard player of a rock band is using an arpegiator? is that making the whole show a playback?

e.om - www.eom.co.il
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:29
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 15:15, ozric@e.om wrote:
Quote:

Sorry elysium, but your post is sooooooo wrong.

Any thing is possible, and when I say any thing I mean ANYTHING.
to determine that some thing is impossible is just discouraging the creative energy that all electronic music was born from!

At e.om (extreme live!) we do sequence the basic loop of a track on a drum machine BUT the longest sequence is of 2 BARS at most -NO pre recorded playback, NO computer playing sequence on stage, NO overdubbing, NO BULLSHIT.

So please don't say it's impossible to play REAL LIVE fast pumping electronic music - just say U haven't seen any REAL one.

I don't know in what concept GMS are performing live, but i fairly know that live electronics are possible reality cause I’ve been there doing it!

PLUR

First I don't know your music so I can't speak about how it sound and how complex it is. I have heard about you through Josh though. But I still stand by my first comment that it is indeed impossible to play everything live. I have not to date seen anyone that are cabable to play fast sequences in with their hands. Only a few very skilled keyboard players in bands such as Saga have been able to impress me with their skills. I doubt that anyone in this scene get even close to do what he did! So to say that it can be done is still in my book utopia and believe me.. I have been doing this for many many years and consider myself a fairly expereienced musician with a lot of live experience in the bagage. And I can't even do it! Yes I can set up a live set and put 8-10 musicians on stage playing the basics such as samples, not too complicated melodies, percussion, drumming, samples ect ect. but they will still not be able to play the very complex sequences "this genre is so famous for" by hand!

I still remain very sceptic that you claim that you can do that. Or maybe your music is not that complex with so many layers as ex. some psychedelic and full on have? It's not a critique of your music as I haven't heard it.. I just simply haven't ,seen anyone do what you say and believe me I ahve been around very skillfull and expereinced musicians in my life. Here I am not talking about our scene
kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:31
Hehehe Gooooooooo G-M-S !!!

Nice to see you here @ Isratrance, even though some poeple tend to complain alot            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:33
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 15:24, nectarios wrote:
Quote:

Obviously you've never heard anything about a band that went by the name "Hardfloor" then.

Peace out.

If you're refering to the act on legendary Hardhouse Records then yes! I even played with them a few times in Germany.

And believe me they were far away from playing live! All they did was twisting some knobs on the mixer!
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:36
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 15:23, ozric@e.om wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 14:40, Elysium Project wrote:

To perform live mean to play each and every single note and instrument with your hands!

what ur saying is that 95% of the music concerts now days is not live cause some one on stage using a sampler? or a drum machine?
and if a keyboard player of a rock band is using an arpegiator? is that making the whole show a playback?

No that's not what I meant at all.

I mean that 99% of artists just plug in a DAT or connect the computer and pretend to play next to it! And the remaining 1% then play on top of it with their flutes, percussion, drum ect.

Of course a sampler or synth is just a essential and "legal" instrument as a drum or a guitar ect.

As far as I know you can still play on a synth or a sampler and yes a drum machine is also a legit tool today but are in my eyes still considered "playback" since it's pre-programmed!
ozric@e.om
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:37
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 15:29, Elysium Project wrote:

I still remain very sceptic that you claim that you can do that. Or maybe your music is not that complex with so many layers as ex. some psychedelic and full on have? It's not a critique of your music as I haven't heard it..

so y not u just check it out? - for FREE!           e.om - www.eom.co.il
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:40
Well it's still your interpretation of the meaning "live" against mine and I am not going to go to israel just to see you "live" - even if it's for free
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:47
I know some consider it as "live" nectarios.. It's just not considered "live" in my opinion. I am not saying that the bands in our scene are wrong but I do think it's wrong to call it "live". People on the dancefloor many times really believe that they pay for a band that play it live - meaning that they actually play with their hands.... Not many do that and it's to decieve people by saying that it's live.... Ask any person on the dancefloor and I am sure most will be very surpriced to find out that the band are NOT playing their music live!

And if you got to get technical then using MIDI or triggering some synths and drummachines is in it's simple term still "playback"!
ozric@e.om
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:48
Quote:

On 2003-11-04 15:40, Elysium Project wrote:
Well it's still your interpretation of the meaning "live" against mine and I am not going to go to israel just to see you "live" - even if it's for free

u don't have to come to israel - u can stay by ur computer and click - www.eom.co.il
all u'll hear was recorded live - with no playback machine what so ever.

live and let live           e.om - www.eom.co.il
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Nov 4, 2003 15:50
Well that's just too easy mate

No offense but everyone can claim that their "liveset" streamed on the internet was played and recorded "live"

It still don't prove a thing and I am still not convinced... sorry! It's a matter of interpretating the term "live"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - gms on isratrance now 10,000 euro reward offered
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance