Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
20 21 22 23 24 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA

orbicles

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 29, 2008 00:47
Hello everyone,
I just put in a call to the Bedford County PA Dept of Health and talked to a nice Nurse there. She said I was the first person she has heard from about this incident. She is going to call me back on Monday to discuss things further. She asked that I compile a list for her of different cases. I am going to email them to her on Monday, and hopefully we can get a confirmation on exactly what this was.

She asked for peoples age, date you got to the festival, when your symptoms started and what your symptoms were, also anyone that went to the Dr. and had a stool sample taken (this will greatly help in determining the cause, and she would be thankful if you could share this information with her).

If you want to talk to her or just need someone to talk about this please call her:
Her name is Debbie Sechrist - her # is 814-623-2001 and she also informed Bonnie Krampy her # 717-787-8092 in Harrisburg about the ordeal as well.

She might not be in the office until Monday, but you can give her a try, or contact me and I can forward your information along with the email I am sending on Monday, or give you her email address.

Thanks, I will keep everyone informed of what I hear. Hope everyone feels better real soon

Melanie
vaxination

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 29, 2008 00:53
I feel ya chuck I cant really tell if I ever got rid of it. I thought I did but it hit again this week.. or maybe never left?

anyone have a real strategy for actually making it go away completely?

I've been laid up in bed off and on all week. I finally got my moving done yesterday with the help of friends and now I'm laid up at my parents house hoping this goes away before I hit the road for iowa next week.

on a completely different note, I feel bad that this illness has tainted what was an otherwise amazing event. I want to reitterate to the gaian mind crew that it was the best event I've been to in terms of programming, deco, workshops, you name it, it really is the complete package, and getting sick there isnt going to deter me from coming back next year, even if I have to get down in a hazmat suit!

.:.vaxination.:.
vaxination@gmail.com
esoteric generation/beatnik productions
si*om

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 29, 2008 06:53
Quote:

On 2008-06-28 01:56, Saturnia wrote:
Photos and a video of Rastaliens tearing it up!

http://saturnia.livejournal.com/206693.html

http://saturnia.livejournal.com/206908.html

Terrific video BaBa..............thnx a lot!!!!............

Thnx to Gaian mind n all u wonderful artists n doofers. Had a great time. T best festival i have ever been to........very very magical.

Boom!!!
Naveen
Bob Lob Law
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jun 29, 2008 12:42
Quote:

On 2008-06-28 15:51, EarWorm wrote:
Just want to share the smiles ... New track created as a result from all the amazing inspiration from the Gaian Mind Festival..... and it just happens that the track's name is "supreme mind" ....I uploaded it on myspace page....enjoy the wild ride who ever winds going on it

http://www.myspace.com/earwormtrax

Best wishes,
Max

Thank you max for another beautiful creation.
Keep them coming baba!           It is my FIRM BELIEF that it is a mistake to hold FIRM BELIEFS.

"GOD SAVE US FROM RELIGION".
nadzinka

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 30, 2008 05:41
I would like to express my opinion about 4Q. Please do not change the location, this location is what makes this festival so special. I dont think there is a reason to blame 4q staff for anything, the virus could equally happen anywhere else. I think they are doing a big favor for us providing their land.           >>>Are you present now?
Bob Lob Law
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 30, 2008 11:02
Quote:

On 2008-06-30 05:41, nadzinka wrote:
I would like to express my opinion about 4Q. Please do not change the location, this location is what makes this festival so special. I dont think there is a reason to blame 4q staff for anything, the virus could equally happen anywhere else. I think they are doing a big favor for us providing their land.

I am sorry nadzinka but i have to disagree with you on that.True they are letting us use the land but as the owners and keepers of the camping ground it is their responsibility to keep the place clean and safe for the campers.It is known that at the 2 events that were held @ 4q prior to gmsf08 the same thing had happened,people got sick and some people even had to go to the hospital due to severe exposure to the virus.The responsibility of the 4q staff was to put up some signs and warn people of a risk of exposure.Its the least they could do,not considering the fact that they did nothing after the first couple of events people got sick there.

It is my FIRM BELIEF that it is a mistake to hold FIRM BELIEFS.

"GOD SAVE US FROM RELIGION".
lyricfree

Posted : Jun 30, 2008 15:45
I agree that 4qts is a beautiful place and I will miss it if the location is changed, but the people who own the land are not right. For all of the money that they rake in from gaian mind, to treat the mostly respectful campers like they do is just not acceptable. First off, for them to pretend like they had no idea what was going on when the sickness broke out, when it had happened at events prior, is just wrong. And then to charge people who were too sick to drive home for an extra night! Their attitude on multiple occasions was negative and unfriendly. Pretty ironic for an inner faith sanctuary...
If it's held there again, I just hope before next year 4qts gets an attitude check, they should be thankful that gaian mind has thrown it's festival there for the past what six or seven years now.

Also, has it been determined that this is a virus? I don't think so, some doctors i've been told think it may be a parasite, we won't know until some lab results come in, and if any official ones have, then please share.

The place is beautiful though, and it would be a shame to change, but some things need to be adjusted with the 4qts people. just my opinion...Gaian mind is too great of an organization and fest to have to put up with that bs.
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 30, 2008 16:49
^^ totally agree.
friends of mine are still very sick and this is too serious of issue to be brushed aside esp if they knew of the situation!
yes its gorgeous magical land but health first!
          "END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
dash

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 30, 2008 17:46
Health is wealth!!
djSF

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 30, 2008 18:39
guess who's up and around for the first time since the party!!! I'm still really weak and eating anything is a major undertaking, but on the bright side I no longer smoke at all or drink much alcohol, yay!

I feel we owe it to ourselves to take Melanie's lead and report this incident to PA health officials 'cuz if a healthy New Yorkers such as myself was almost taken down by this, then think about the elderly and the children who might not be as lucky... We owe it to other folks that might get this sick - gwyn

PS Thanks for everyone who called and emailed me when I was down it meant a lot!
fuzzikitten
Annunaki

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 1, 2008 16:24
It's finally over for me. Wow.

I... ugh.

Yeah, the land at 4QF is beautiful. I've gone to several of their events, from Stones Rising to Drum'n'Splash. The staff are the same at every event - always a weird vibe. I remember Orren yelling at a group of us that we should buy their t-shirts. "DO YOU WANT US TO STARVE?!?!? RAAAAR!" Odd character.

.:DRAGON:.
Dragon

Posted : Jul 1, 2008 17:04
here's a vid of Onnomon live Sunday

New Album : Spirals of Time : Now Available !
www.nodatagency.com/artists/dragon/
lyricfree

Posted : Jul 2, 2008 00:14
Quote:

On 2008-07-01 16:24, fuzzikitten wrote:

Yeah, the land at 4QF is beautiful. I've gone to several of their events, from Stones Rising to Drum'n'Splash. The staff are the same at every event - always a weird vibe. I remember Orren yelling at a group of us that we should buy their t-shirts. "DO YOU WANT US TO STARVE?!?!? RAAAAR!" Odd character.

haha well this may be inappropriate, but If Orren is the big guy who is always in the front house wearing the cowboy hat sometimes...he could use a little starving lol..forgive me

Also, I've talked with 3 people who were diagnosed with Giardiasis. Which is a parasite. The diagnosis doesn't explain the vomiting i got but it does explain the horrible diarrhea everyone got. It also sounds sensible. Water contaminated by raw sewage...normal for the well water they use and the rains, and the poor sanitation.

thanks for the video! this set i missed as well sadly, but o well, any videos of the aes dana set by chance anyone?
herbivore
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 2, 2008 00:30
I was pretty damn sick for the better part of an entire week after first developing symptoms Sunday morning.

Here's my take: I'm no epidemiologist, but the argument that we just all infected each other is weak. If that happened everybody would have been getting sick gradually, in waves, over time, well into the week after the festival. That's not what happened. All my friends and I got sick within hours of each other -- as did dozens of other people I saw on Sunday. Since we all got sick around the same time, that implies we all got infected around the same time. Logically, this means something in the environment at 4Q (such as the water) was probably contaminated with the pathogen.

I love 4Q and have always had good feelings about the staff. However, I feel that 4Q definitely has some responsibility for what happened (namely, a few hundred people getting sick), and from everything I can tell are not stepping up and handling it. If this is going to be the case I will very seriously consider NOT returning to 4Q for future events. As much as I love GMSF (and the festival part of it was BADASS this year, btw), I do not wish to put my health at risk by spending time in an unsafe environment.
Gui"AUM"etriX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 2, 2008 01:36
it seems like the incubation period for Giardiasis is 1 to 2 weeks
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
20 21 22 23 24 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance