Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
14 15 16 17 18 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA

*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 03:12
^ magda, ive been throwing up ever since i got back. couldnt keep anything in me since this morning.
same symptoms as u!
hope u feel better.
          "END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 03:40
the reoccurring theme of this year's festival was mystical occurrences....from the lightning strike, to the mystery virus, pouring rain to close the festival, and supposed UFO sighting ;-) just to mention a few...the whole alien scheme was well crafted, cleverly synchronized to a couple rastaliens being in attendance speaking of rastaliens, they delivered some true magic sunday morning, not even worthy of an attempt to describe. every set i heard was top notch - quality music from start to finish. aside from rastaliens, kaiser soze really stood out for me with some deep, intelligent yet groovy undefinable tracks, and the EVP/Avalon finale in the rain was really the icing on the cake! as usual, there was so much more beyond the music. Gaian Mind brings out the best people from all corners of the continent, and even the globe. it was great to see many old, current, and new faces. everything was run professionally, once again raising the bar. whatever the cost was, it was truly a bargain...
that's just a brief synopsis.
thank you to everyone who made this happen and hope to see you again next year
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 04:04
wow I never heard anyone describe diarrhea as mystical before..
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 04:23
wasn't specifically referring to liquid feces, but i guess you can lump that in...
lyricfree

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 04:43
Very beautiful event. I had a blast even though as usual I missed a few acts that I really wanted to see in the chillout and the archedream performance. I did hear great music the whole time regardless. But what ya gonna do, I had a great time anyway. I thought I had avoided the mysterious stomach plague until right before I left I was going to the bathroom a lot, and then on the drive home, things got really messy. Ended up at a rest area for like 10 hours with stuff coming out of both ends. It really has scared me because I'm pregnant, but at least it was only violent for like 15 hours. But Im ok now- just extremely weak. I'm still unsure of what this could be from, I'm thinking the water possibly because I drank a lot and my husband only drank a little bit and only on the last day. A contagious virus spread by human contact is unlikely- because my husband and several others are fine.
I do think 4QT staff could have been more proactive about the situation. They knew many people were getting very sick and yet the bathrooms were not kept clean all the time. I mean compared to other festivals we are surely blessed to have these new ones at 4qts- do not get me wrong I'm thankful, and they were cleaned and restocked- but that seemed to be a little less on saturday night/sunday morning when this stomach bug was on the loose. I must admit it would have been nice to get a better response from the 4qts staff (not gaian mind! gaian mind did all they could do).

I do think the top-notch organization and the extensive amount of quality workshops(there was always something to do!) and the great great music is what makes the GM festival the great experience that it is always...thanks sharon and allan and of course all the other people who make it happen.
lyricfree

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 04:47
oh and the ufo thing lol....GREAT job...except i swear I saw some things a ona couple nights that i couldnt figure out what it was.
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 04:52
hmm it seems that people who drank only bottled water also got sick. I wonder where this came from???
Questions everyone who got sick should answer (and my answers):
Did you eat the meal plan? (no)
Did you drink the well water? (yes)
Did you go swimming? (yes)
Did you share smokeables with people? (yes)
lyricfree

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 05:18
Did you eat the meal plan? only on saturday night
Did you drink the well water? yes only on sunday
Did you go swimming? yes, but two people I went swimming with were fine.
Did you share smokeables with people? yes (but the people I shared with did not get sick)

So strange... this is the first occurance of this sickness at the fest. Tainted drinking water does seem to be unlikely..hm It seems to be different for many people, some were fine. Maybe due to differing immune systems? Very mysterious.
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 05:33
yeah we cant base any conclusions on who DIDNT get sick because that could just mean they were immunue.
However people who DID get sick can help eliminate possibilities by activities they DID NOT engage in.
If there is a possible route of infection that nobody who got sick DID NOT engage in, then that activity would become the prime suspect.
However it doesnt work the other way around due to differing immunity.
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 05:36
Quote:

On 2008-06-24 04:52, Psycosmo wrote:
hmm it seems that people who drank only bottled water also got sick. I wonder where this came from???
Questions everyone who got sick should answer (and my answers):
Did you eat the meal plan? (no)
Did you drink the well water? (yes)
Did you go swimming? (yes)
Did you share smokeables with people? (yes)
Did you make out with anyone who got sick? (no)

before i get to my review i hope to assuage some concerns people are having about the Norovirus (aka stomach flu) that went around. i was infected with it myself, but feeling much better now, thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus

now i am certainly not a doctor, but from my perspective i do NOT believe this was a result of food poisoning nor a problem with four quarters' water. there were people who brought all their own food and water who did get sick, and people who ate the meal plan and drank the water provided that did not.

Norovirus is highly contagious - similar to the common cold - and outbreaks commonly occur in closed or semi-closed communities. unfortunately, a psytrance festival is pretty much a perfect breeding ground for such a virus.

if you were infected, don't worry. it is a self limiting illness that usually runs its course within 24-48 hours. make sure to stay hydrated, get plenty of rest and avoid exposure to others to control the spread.

now that *that's* out of the way, i will say that in spite of getting sick the final day, i had a fantastic time. my girlfriend (who thankfully did not get sick) has been to every gaian mind fest since the beginning, and she said this was by far her favorite. had i stayed healthy the entire time i'm sure i would have agreed.

a thousand thank yous to all the organizers, artists, volunteers, and attendees who made this such a memorable event. Gaian Mind is so much more than just another trance party. it is truly a family gathering in every sense of the phrase and a deeply profound experience.
Mister Black
Mister Black

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 06:23
Quote:

On 2008-06-23 08:28, FaceHead wrote:
Did anyone else have any problems with perverted invasions? I feel like I and my friend and partner got energy raped and I was literally was inappropriately touched. I very well may not go back to this event that i love again. Im not going into too much detail because of the nature but lets just say that 2 people who were not trancers did this within a matter of 1 hour to me and my female companion and on one of the occaisions one of my other male friends was there. Im not talking about people being casually sexual or flirty im talking sickness im talking my mind is kinda messed up having had to deal with feeling and experiencing these things while in such an accepting and vulnerable state. when reported to 4qf staff they said and i quote "...oh wait yaya i know that guy hes harmless we'll take care of it you'll probably never see him again..." they did not kick him out in fact my friends saw him in the parade the next day. the other one we didnt even report because of their lack of help with the first situation.

ive never had anything like this happen there nor have I heard of anything like this happening there. so dont anyone think this is common to the fest 99.9% of people probably had the most amazing time of their lives.

sorry if this is bad publicity for gm you guys have a great event and are great people. You know from earlier posts that I am a huge advocate of this event but after this im just not sure if i can come back.

maybe its time beef up on security since I had to walk like 3/4 of a mile to even tell anyone what was going on only to find out that they didnt really care about the incident.

thursday night was great then this happened friday night. so to walk through the event knowing that these two people were still lurking somwhere in the darkness and light was pretty close to mental torture. To have a trauma shrugged off like it was just some guys random eccentricity that we just were too uptight about was torture. please if this happened to anyone else here speak up itd be nice to know if these people are only at the event to do these things. it all just felt like a really bad dream.

:chuck:

jeeez chuck, sounds like an episode of NBC's dateline to catch a predator...part2 LOL.

AnnaKarahana

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 06:34
Hey All

Thanks for the great time djs were totally awesome -- 4Q is a beautiful place! Nothing negative to say! Wish i had seen the main acts but I was too busy being totally sick on saturday after my soundcrew shift!!! :-(
Big thanks to gaian mind crew for putting this on -- def looking forward to being there next year! (sans virus!)

Just wanted to comment on the sickness -- Karmakanik is correct. there have been outbreaks of the stomach "flu" all over the area and warm, poorly sanitized festivals are a perfect place for this stuff to grow.
People who claimed they were fine on sunday got sick monday... the incubation period is 3 roughly 3 days -- this is not about immunity.
WHATEVER YOU DO -- do NOT TAKE PEPTOBISMOL or other things that keep you from "going" or puking. you need to empty your stomach out. once you are clear, you will feel better. Take tylonol (acetaminophen) for fever... and ibuprofen in addition if u think u need it -- they work well together.. just do 400 mg of ibuprofen and max 1000 mg of tylonol together every 4-8 hrs. drink water... a lot.
oh.. and take it easy and don't go to work! YOU DONT WANNA SPREAD IT TO YOUR COWORKERS.

peace, love, and hippie shit
anna

matha

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 06:50
Lovenlight & Magda, I also got the virus late monday afternoon... Started puking just as I got home from GMSF
Hope all of us feel better soon

P.S.: Lovenlight, this is OMG! by T&S
Bjuuuuu
nod

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 06:51
Quote:

On 2008-06-24 06:34, AnnaKarahana wrote:
oh.. and take it easy and don't go to work! YOU DONT WANNA SPREAD IT TO YOUR COWORKERS.

you don't know my co-workers

i had a great time overall...minor brush with the sickness on my drive home but i got by with just a minor fever which has subsided after a good night's rest. gaian mind is always one of the highlights of my summer and this year was no exception - it is always wonderful to gather again with so many of the familiar faces who come back every year and the new friends they bring with them

this year was unique for me in that i managed to bring some of my festival experience back home to post online - pictures are on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nodsamadhi/sets/72157605779958488/

and a recording of my dubstep set from the chill stage thursday night is on my (mostly-complete) website:

http://www.djnod.net/?p=19

big thanks to the gaian mind crew for all their hard work on making this festival go off!           http://www.djnod.net
Psy_Maniac

Posted : Jun 24, 2008 07:54
let me agree with everyone and say that GMSF really did an awesome job, not just with the dance floor but the whole chill stage and everything else, had even more fun this time then last year!

wow i thought i was the only one that got sick and threw up, hope everyone gets better!

too bad that it rained a little harder then i expected, i would've dared to stomp in muddy puddles, but reluctant to get sick like i always do :-/

it was nice to see a lot of familiar faces, meeting new ppl, and embracing the fresh air at GMSF, hope to see u all soon next year, ON THE DANCE FLOOOR!

much love to u all,
BOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

Welcome to my world where the grass is purple and the sky is pink, Strawberries are blue with white polka dots, And aliens are the BEST Dance partners.

myspace.com/xodesirosexo
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
14 15 16 17 18 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance