Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
13 14 15 16 17 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA

Quasga
Inactive User

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 19, 2008 19:31
Have great time everyone. Really wish I would have known sooner that Vincent, Mahaine, and Magnus (Ultimae team) were going to be there. Definitely would have bought a ticket/flight. Would have been an honor to meet them. I wish you all the best.

Ascension
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  170
Posted : Jun 19, 2008 22:28
Leaving IL in about an hour here, should be arriving around 3am . Gonna be gettin out of the car and stompin it out right away!           http://soundcloud.com/ascensionsound
www.chilluminati.org - Midwest based psytrance group
ning

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 20, 2008 06:24
I have space for 1 person in my car! Leaving from NYC Sat 5pm. 646-387-3971.
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 20, 2008 22:05
ANyone leaving tonite at arnd 6pm or later- space for a tiny tiny girl ?
please PM me and let me know
graci           "END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
JOAQUIN

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 02:25
Hey Amigos. Cant wait to see what all you lucky ones have to say about this festival. I bet you are all nicely relaxed.           There I was, poised in space, a disembodied eye, invisible, incorporeal, seeing but not seen.
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 08:28
Did anyone else have any problems with perverted invasions? I feel like I and my friend and partner got energy raped and I was literally was inappropriately touched. I very well may not go back to this event that i love again. Im not going into too much detail because of the nature but lets just say that 2 people who were not trancers did this within a matter of 1 hour to me and my female companion and on one of the occaisions one of my other male friends was there. Im not talking about people being casually sexual or flirty im talking sickness im talking my mind is kinda messed up having had to deal with feeling and experiencing these things while in such an accepting and vulnerable state. when reported to 4qf staff they said and i quote "...oh wait yaya i know that guy hes harmless we'll take care of it you'll probably never see him again..." they did not kick him out in fact my friends saw him in the parade the next day. the other one we didnt even report because of their lack of help with the first situation.

ive never had anything like this happen there nor have I heard of anything like this happening there. so dont anyone think this is common to the fest 99.9% of people probably had the most amazing time of their lives.

sorry if this is bad publicity for gm you guys have a great event and are great people. You know from earlier posts that I am a huge advocate of this event but after this im just not sure if i can come back.

maybe its time beef up on security since I had to walk like 3/4 of a mile to even tell anyone what was going on only to find out that they didnt really care about the incident.

thursday night was great then this happened friday night. so to walk through the event knowing that these two people were still lurking somwhere in the darkness and light was pretty close to mental torture. To have a trauma shrugged off like it was just some guys random eccentricity that we just were too uptight about was torture. please if this happened to anyone else here speak up itd be nice to know if these people are only at the event to do these things. it all just felt like a really bad dream.

:chuck:
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 17:53
ended up going at the spur of the moment and i'm glad i went.
have not experienced anything like it in the past.
long review to come soon

thank you everyone for making my first Gaian mind so special!
kisses!

"END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
dash

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 18:15
I loved it..
my first gaian mind..and what an experience!
Such an awesome vibe would get everything going..!
Great job orgs..
loved the decor..!
draghead

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 19:08
Thankyou very much gaian mind
The experience was beautiful and full power.
Really good to see all the smiling faces around and the energy around.
It was full on mayhem!!!!!!!!
Best wishes to Gaian mind & the rest of the people present.

FractalPhono
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 19:26
Thank you to everyone who made this festival possible, all of the extra helping hands made this one of the smoothest running festys ever!           www.FractalPhono.com
www.ZenonRecords.com
www.Gaian-Mind.com
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 20:40
Just came back from 4Q and still trying to figure out what has happened there

Spent most of the time@chill area (catched all Ultimae heroes, Aligning Minds, Nod, some KiloWatts and Gift Culture and missed few artists I wanted to hear). Main stage didn't do too much for me (except Deet's opening set and Solar Fields on Sat. morning) - heard better music while sitting by the fire/laying in a tent in our camp then while I was in the stone circle - Braincell - so so, Rastaliens - so so too, EVP in the morning sounded much better.

Chill space was filled with surreal spandex and string compositions which, combined with great lightning, made it look "futuristic/extraterrestial imho). Looking great especially during the night while walking down the hill .... Stage itself was lacking ANY deco which was a big dissapointment for me. And the sound - definately they could let it play louder (especially during the day).

Main stage looked and sounded more than ok (after reading people's complaints about low level I was pleasently surprised).

GM is the most complex (not quite sure if that's the the best description hehe) american psytrance festival I've been to so far. VERY mature crowd. Kids friendly.

Perfect description might be what other people kept saying in the past "It's a gathering of the tribes".

Overall very nice experience.

Thank you Allen.
          http://www.chillumafia.com
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 21:41
Loved friday night, Digitalist was off the hook, great time listening to the chillout acts in the day on saturday, then sunday morning the gastrointenstinal epidemic of GM '08 struck and kept me off the dance floor for the rest of the party (sounded great from the toilet though!). Would have been nice if the 4Q staff had been more proactive about tracking the source of the outbreak.

And whoever put those LED balloons in the air, that was genius!
Gui"AUM"etriX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 23:35
EXCELLENT!!!!
Thanks for letting me be part of this great event.
Thanks to the Gaian-Mind Family and all the people who showed up.
Peace.
2MuchDica

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 00:28
GMSF08 was KILLER!!! Starting thursday night in the chill-out with some beautiful progresive was great!!! Dan Covan's set that night was one of the best of the whole weekend. GM did a great job of the deco in the chill-out as usuall. They do a great job of keeping the space original each year and always have the best toys to play with, for example, this years light-up motion-sensor board was an awsome toy for the nights. It was great to see so many people there on a THURS!! The danley sound system, although not fully pushed to its full ability, was super-duper crispy and made for an enjoyable weekend camping near the chill-out.

There was plenty of sun, so friday was great, hanging out around 4QF and attending the EXTENISVE workshops that took place this year. What a great job all the additional artists did this year!!! The addition of the video projections along the main road were super cool, and the lounge was rocking all weekend. Archdream was beautiful as always!!

Friday evening was cool. Digitalist and Coral were great! My only regret is that Treavor didnt play longer, in my opinion, he was really throwing down great tracks just to be taken off by Solar Fields who put on a less then stellar performance. I hope to see Treavor at a GM event some time soon for an encore performance!!

The guys from Ultimae did a great job on saturday!! Their sets were well selected and were a highlight of the weekend.

Saturday night was probably my favorite. Starting with Tony Unorthodox's incredible set, the night was off to a great start! Unfortunatly the rains came soon there after and a short intermission occured, but i must say that as soon as i came back to the Stone's, Lauryn put down not only one of the best sets of the weekend, but the best one i have ever seen from her!! Incredible!! The track selection was PERFECT and she had the crowd going nuts! She was just the start though of what i thought was one of the best journeys through sound i have ever experienced!! The quality of the tracks was awsome from there on, as the music seemed to really come to life! E.V.P., Rastaliens, Braincell, and Reality Grid are all world class acts, and really showed it!! Ekoplex was awsome as well, a great compliment to the early morning hours.

GM did a great job, and although their might need to be some changes to accomidate the amount of people that showed up this year, im confident they will make the adjustments and get it worked out!! I thought the weekend was beautiful and the energy from everyone who came was just what i have come to expect from a GM party!!! High Energy and flat out a GREAT PARTY!! Thanks to GM and to everyone who volunteered to make this party happen! Until next year!! BOOM!!
Magdalena

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 24, 2008 03:09
it was great experience,had so much fun,though i have a question to everyone that attended this event, did anyone got sick afterwards? last night and today i was sick so bad i could not get out of my bed, threw up lots of times last night, and had and still do pretty high fever! as i spoked to some ppl, lots of them got sick saturday night,and i am very convinced it was the water, that supposely was drinkable?!?!?! i went to the doctors, they took my blood, they saied its some kind of virus, i will find out more in few days when they get the resoults
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
13 14 15 16 17 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance