GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2007

thegooddale
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 23:54
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 16:27, spinalpuppet wrote:
Quote:

@ FaceHead (nice set, by the way): The effort should be judged by the result. The result was mediocre at best. Head in the sand won't fix the issue, but a lively discussion may just prompt a solution.

fucking hippies. people complaining about this are acting like spoiled children who got a new car for their 16th birthday but are mad they didn't get a lexus.
I've looked into putting rather uncommercial electronic events on with another guy just at a club here. When it got down to it to even break even we would need 3X the people who would ever show up or charge 3X more and no one would come because the price was too high. I can't even imagine what a nightmare putting on an event like this is, both money and risk wise.
If you want to help out or change something, put your hard earned money were your mouth is next year and help back them.
complaining about it on a message board is just acting like a spoiled brat.

Well, I would complain if I bought a BMW and it drove like a Civic...
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 23:58

this isn't anything new, these issues with sound have persisted over the years, not much they can do, given the situation. the venue is magical, but very expensive and has sound issues, it's a tough dilemma..

..it's just another party..
thegooddale
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 00:11
At the risk of playing devil's advocate. If you were to be the one in charge of putting on a music festival in which it was completely vital to have music through the wee hours of the night, shouldn't the first and most important determining factor of whether a venue was appropriate be how loud/late you could blast it? It seems completely impractical to throw a festival of this calibre in a place with known sound restrictions.

>scratches head and waits for the flames<
malachi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 00:22
There is so much more to gain from this festival and venue than just the sound level.
The positives far out weight the negatives.

It's also a meeting place for old friends
and a place to meet new ones. The venue
is an outdoor art gallery. I would go
every year even if there was no sound
and pay the same price.

Ya'll are gonna laugh, but I didn't even
spend one minute Saturday at the main stage.
I was having so much fun at the chill area.

There are so many things to do and see at
Four quarters. The sound issue is very minor.
It's an opportunity for a unique experience!

Quote:

On 2007-06-28 00:11, thegooddale wrote:
At the risk of playing devil's advocate. If you were to be the one in charge of putting on a music festival in which it was completely vital to have music through the wee hours of the night, shouldn't the first and most important determining factor of whether a venue was appropriate be how loud/late you could blast it? It seems completely impractical to throw a festival of this calibre in a place with known sound restrictions.

>scratches head and waits for the flames<

Luke/Dj Malachi
http://people.tribe.net/goahead
Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 00:34
another wicked year at 4qf ! we had a blast...

-yab yum liveset closely followed by primordial ooze had the best sets imo! aphid moon was good also, but the 6 hours got to be too much considering him and dick treavor and amd all have the same style... a good chance to sit down mostly...
loopus was fun as usual... also enjoyed telepathik aka rain! though i think he may be better in the morning/afternoon though...
-as far as dj sets go, solomoon ripped it as usual! the rest we slept thru hehehe

-leila dj has mad staying power and very consistent style ... basically so consistent that it became boring... i think to carry thru til 6pm it would have been great to hear something fresh toward the end. hmm, it would have been nice to have dj gaspard take us into the afternoon!!

- blah blah blah volume is always an issue at 4qf and i think you dont know how good you have it considering the mad scientists running the sound. it was honestly a bit louder than it should have been a few times!
-the chill sound was nice thanks to il bastardo for bringing his new QSCs

- and a double thanks to Steve O for asking me to fill in his dj set! good thing i came prepared... to those who danced during sat 7-9 am in the chillout, thanks!
-kilowatts had great sounds in the chillout... everyone else sounded good from my camp!
- ill be bringing all my own food next year i just dont think the meal plan is good enough to warrant paying 10$ a plate. not to mention the 2 hours when the meal is available is not enough time to get there and eat sometimes, and honestly the good stuff is gone well before the meal is "over"... my only complaint!

-as far as the cost of the ticket... if you must complain about the gate price, buy a presale. nuff said.

-thanks to everyone who bought a tshirt!

- i also enjoyed the opening and closing ceremonies, it was good to have some fresh energy from colorado leading the movement!

-it was great to see all the familiar faces and all the new ones! what a great tribe we have!

here are our pics! enjoy as we did!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53332898@N00/sets/72157600519051083/

boom

www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
UHMWPE

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 01:03
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 22:53, karmakanik wrote:

to the people complaining about paying $135: gimme a break! everybody had 2 weeks to purchase early bird tix for $85 (a $50 discount), and nearly 3 months to purchase advance tix for $110 (a $25 discount). If you got stuck paying the full door price, you have only yourself to blame.

did the organizers offer refund for presale tickets in case i wouldnt have made it? if not than presale is not an excuse for a high price
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 01:10
Quote:

On 2007-06-28 01:03, UHMWPE wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 22:53, karmakanik wrote:

to the people complaining about paying $135: gimme a break! everybody had 2 weeks to purchase early bird tix for $85 (a $50 discount), and nearly 3 months to purchase advance tix for $110 (a $25 discount). If you got stuck paying the full door price, you have only yourself to blame.

did the organizers offer refund for presale tickets in case i wouldnt have made it? if not than presale is not an excuse for a high price

that is a good one AUM WIPE. AFAIK i do not know of a single organizer who would offer a refund for an advance ticket.

I DO however know of many people who have bought an advance ticket, and then resold it later because they could not make it (either at cost or at a profit).
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 02:42
hehe aum wipe.
UHMWPE

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 03:37
haha, i like the way you translated it
sounds a lot more significant

selling tickets on the last day is not an option for me though
maximjou
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 05:57
BEST FESTIVAL EVER !!!! THATS IT!!!people complaining about sound. put your head in the speaker next time.worked for me! the location, gaian mind and the people who run 4q, i thank you for the invite>
krisamadhi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 06:25
More
http://picasaweb.google.com/krisamadhi/GMSF07
plus
some luray cavren pics too.
http://picasaweb.google.com/krisamadhi/LurayCaverns           Kri
Mastering and Mixing Service:
http://audiovalvemastering.com/
Music:
http://www.djkri.com http://www.touchsamadhi.com
GorillaDust

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 06:33
Looked like an awesome time - congrats!
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 07:18
was i just hallucinating, or was Jelly of Jellyheadz there in attendance?
vapourtrail

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 08:11
this post might be outta the main topic of this thread but since so many of ya are posting and reading this wanted to know if anyone from phili making it for the orb fest...need a ride share....missed on this party but surely want to share the energy and trance dance experience with everyone at orb !!!

relezionizova

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 10:19
Quote:

On 2007-06-28 07:18, DanVapid wrote:
was i just hallucinating, or was Jelly of Jellyheadz there in attendance?

yep, he was there hangin'out just like any other happy campers.
          protect your soul, not your believe, neither your tribe!

reveal the forbidden mistery !
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2007
← Prev Page
14 15 16 17 18 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance