Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2007

Binary

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 26, 2007 23:22
Quote:

On 2007-06-26 22:03, KaiserSoze wrote:
A You really need to find the spots that the phase cancellation doesn't kill the bass.

http://www.sonicbeating.org/kirara-dev/gaian%20mind%202007%20disp.png

-nb
KaiserSoze
Primordial Ooze

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 26, 2007 23:53
It's pretty ingenious Nick...           AntiShanti/Sangoma
Chilluminati.org, T.O.U.C.H. Samadhi
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 00:01
Quote:

On 2007-06-26 23:22, Binary wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-26 22:03, KaiserSoze wrote:
A You really need to find the spots that the phase cancellation doesn't kill the bass.

-nb

That has to be the most technical image ever posted on Isra yet!           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
UHMWPE

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 00:01
Quote:

On 2007-06-26 21:54, nod wrote:

yeah its really such a pain in the ass when you can actually hear everything in the music reproduced in such a clear, clean fashion...

maybe next year they can put a distortion pedal somewhere between the dj mixer and the amps to give it that nice "oh shit my ears are bleeding!" sound.

nod there's no need to be sarcastic, the sound was ok for a pine barrens party, but not for a festival with 800+ people
si*om

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 00:10
Quote:

On 2007-06-26 17:54, djmeghan wrote:
Well...I was having a very good time until Saturday morning sometime during Human Blue's set. I'm not going to go into too many details but basically I drank a bunch of rum then had a couple shots of jager and before I knew it, I was passed out in front of my tent. When I woke up it was sometime in the early afternoon then I ended up throwing up for about 15 hours. I deeply apologize to the people who had to hear me do all that. My friends and camping neighbors were really helpful and nice which was greatly appreciated. My husband was pretty upset with me (and I think he still is) for my actions. He told me that I am to never touch any alcohol again. And I don't ever want to.

U forgot about the scotch you mixed in also.... In any case.....it was great to see u and the OH guys.

Fantastic party. Thank you all for everything. I think I was reborn that weekend........

Boom Shanthi!!!
NaveeN
nod

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 00:18
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 00:01, UHMWPE wrote:
nod there's no need to be sarcastic, the sound was ok for a pine barrens party, but not for a festival with 800+ people

there's no need to be a whiney bitch either but that doesn't stop anybody around here

there are logistical constraints on how loud the sound can get...and given the nature of those constraints, the sound there is really pretty fucking great. clean, clear, doesn't hurt the ears...you can feel the bass pretty much everywhere on the dancefloor...           http://www.djnod.net
Mazaev

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 00:20
Some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazaev/sets/72157600506007358/

Will be uploading some more tomorrow.
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 00:32
there was really no way the sound could have been louder given the noise constraints...that being said, i was very happy with the sound...clean and clear as was mentioned, loud and full enough to feel and could end the night without ringing ears.

Moving on, the festival was damn near perfect. Big thanks to everyone @ Gaian Mind for their professional effort. Music was on point pretty much the whole time, and I liked how the "headliners" were split up between both nights. Aphid Moon/AMD/Dickster was the absolute highlight for me, and Human Blue provided a great nostalgic set. The only drawbacks I can think of were the lack of food and some actions of the 4Q staff. Looking forward to the next one, but if there isn't, I'd say things ended on the best note possible!
IcycoiL

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 00:41
Quote:

On 2007-06-26 23:22, Binary wrote:

-nb

Hehehe Nick you rock!
maximjou
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 01:49
My first Gaian MInd FEst, and i loved it, nice people, beautiful location and setup. loved the fact that there was no music during the day, and everyone could relax. must say i was a little upset about parking and the food situation, $35 dollars to park by the main stage is rediculous if the tickets were $135 already,also the meal plan? all that together is like over $200 dollars way to much money for this festival. all that shoul;d have been included , or atleast parking. who pays to park? i think there was no food sold purposly so people would buy these meal plans, kinda pissed. but over all nice time , thanx everyone at 4q and gaian mind crew
SineTerra

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 02:12
The quality of the sound on the main floor was inversely proportional to the cost of the event. GMSF charges one of the highest entry fees among psy festivals in the entire world (in total, per # of nights, and # of artists) and yet the sound was very disappointing.

Who could appreciate Yub Yum, when the chatter of the crowd was almost louder than the music?

On the positive side, the food with the meal plan was mostly good (but pricey), the toilets were cleaned daily and supplied with toilet paper. Recycling!

All these things were good and an improvement over last year, but we came for the music...
bastardsamadhi

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 02:38
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 02:12, SineTerra wrote:
The quality of the sound on the main floor was inversely proportional to the cost of the event.

I wouldn't mistake quality vs. quantity... K. Soze is right about finding the right spots on the dancefloor, as well.

of course all of us would like more dB's to pound our eardrums...

--- but for anyone who has not yet realized, the careful control of levels (even going so far as to compensate for thermal effects upon sound as the temperature changes throughout the night), as well as the phase cancellation technique demonstrated by nick's diagram are the only things keeping the local authorities from pulling the plug on the music altogether.

thanks for a great festy, Kri and I enjoyed playing, although unfortunately I was pretty much completely taken over by a stomach-bug from saturday night until sometime yesterday... eek!

UHMWPE

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 03:23
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 00:18, nod wrote:

there's no need to be a whiney bitch either but that doesn't stop anybody around here

there are logistical constraints on how loud the sound can get...and given the nature of those constraints, the sound there is really pretty fucking great. clean, clear, doesn't hurt the ears...you can feel the bass pretty much everywhere on the dancefloor...

first, i'm not whining, just giving my opinion to the people who were not there, and it's not just my opinion, a lot of people would agree with me - THE SOUND SUCKED

and yes i see you're brave enough to call people names on an internet forum

btw, are you the guy who played at the chillout stage around 5am on sunday? i liked one track, it was something like brazilian style electro house. if you know what i'm talking about who's track was that?
UHMWPE

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 03:34
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 02:38, bastardsamadhi wrote:

as well as the phase cancellation technique demonstrated by nick's diagram are the only things keeping the local authorities from pulling the plug on the music altogether.

i dont think the diagram really worked, because when i was outside of the stage it sounded like really loud, but every time i went inside i was surprised where the whole sound dissappeared
spinalpuppet

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 03:35
UHMWPE, i'm mad now i didnt go. you sound like such a fun dude to hang out with.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2007
← Prev Page
12 13 14 15 16 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance