First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2007

FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 03:42
the sound didnt suck... it was quieter than you are used to. a couple of people here are being a bit disrespectful, I think... If 4q has a sound restriction, do you wish gaian mind or sonic beating would have told them to piss off and made it so we cant ever go again, or have gaian mind shut down early with heavy fines. They worked ALOT to put this on. I know i dont want any negativity in my life and i especially dont want to be the one spreading it please save your complaints and harsh words for things that deserve it.

:chuk:
UHMWPE

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 03:59
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 03:42, FaceHead wrote:
the sound didnt suck... it was quieter than you are used to. a couple of people here are being a bit disrespectful, I think... If 4q has a sound restriction, do you wish gaian mind or sonic beating would have told them to piss off and made it so we cant ever go again, or have gaian mind shut down early with heavy fines. They worked ALOT to put this on. I know i dont want any negativity in my life and i especially dont want to be the one spreading it please save your complaints and harsh words for things that deserve it.

:chuk:

believe me, nothing in life deserves complaining or harsh words, and i wasn't complaining

the only reason i wrote here is because i saw people loved the festival and said the sound was great. so i desided to put my word in, i'm not telling what should be done and what shouldnt, i also heard that the sound was weak because of the police matter, i'm not telling it should have been louder in such situation, i just want to say that not everyone liked the sound at the party including myself

as for the festival i enjoyed it a lot without the music, i've met a lot of old friends who really liked every aspect of it, who didnt even care about the sound

well, maybe i'm just too critical about the sound and the reason is probably because i've been to parties with REALLY good sound, clear and clean, not just loud
Bonnita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 05:14
WOW!! soooo much fun, and Im VERY picky with sound, that sound was awesome!! it just wasnt so loud, but it sounded great to me, its a nice difference between sometimes having to have ear plugs, and feeling that i damaged my ears over the weekend!
it was a 13 hr drive each way, and so worth it, Ill go as many years as I possibly can! the place, and people were so amazingly beautiful! the music was so nice as well, I REALLY loved Aphid Moon, Dickster,Loopus in Fabula, that progressive set that was the last!! and that cool beautiful lady in the late Sunday morning/afternoon.
Maybe next year we can have an exchange for some Canadian artists/dj's, would get quite a few more of us out there next time!

Thanks sooo much to Allan, Sharon and Suheel..sorry Im sure that isnt the right spelling!
lots of love and light
Bonnita
SineTerra

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 05:44
Perhaps some of the fat fees collected by the venue could be directed at making sure that neighbours didn't complain about noise. Just give each neighbour $200-$300 for inconvenience. Hey, even work this into the ticket price. Since the prices are so high, an extra $15 per person wouln't have mattered that much.

@ FaceHead (nice set, by the way): The effort should be judged by the result. The result was mediocre at best. Head in the sand won't fix the issue, but a lively discussion may just prompt a solution.
alchemism

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 07:15
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 05:44, SineTerra wrote:
Perhaps some of the fat fees collected by the venue could be directed at making sure that neighbours didn't complain about noise. Just give each neighbour $200-$300 for inconvenience. Hey, even work this into the ticket price. Since the prices are so high, an extra $15 per person wouln't have mattered that much.

If the organizers simply added a one-time $2000-$3000 dollar charge to each ticket, they could just buy the neighbor's land outright. Then they have Sonic Beating stack 950,000 watts of speakers into a twelve-story pyramid and finally, just maybe, have killer sound.

Okay enough troll-feeding. Here's a few pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alchemism/sets/72157600508712568/

Video to follow...

spinalpuppet

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 16:27
Quote:

@ FaceHead (nice set, by the way): The effort should be judged by the result. The result was mediocre at best. Head in the sand won't fix the issue, but a lively discussion may just prompt a solution.

fucking hippies. people complaining about this are acting like spoiled children who got a new car for their 16th birthday but are mad they didn't get a lexus.
I've looked into putting rather uncommercial electronic events on with another guy just at a club here. When it got down to it to even break even we would need 3X the people who would ever show up or charge 3X more and no one would come because the price was too high. I can't even imagine what a nightmare putting on an event like this is, both money and risk wise.
If you want to help out or change something, put your hard earned money were your mouth is next year and help back them.
complaining about it on a message board is just acting like a spoiled brat.
djmeghan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 16:34
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 00:10, si*om wrote:

U forgot about the scotch you mixed in also.... In any case.....it was great to see u and the OH guys.

Boom Shanthi!!!
NaveeN

Oh yeah...I forgot about the scotch!

It's always great to see you too, Naveen!           http://www.psylicious.com
http://3rdeyesqueegee.com
http://www.facebook.com/djmeghan
http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-meghan
FattyAcid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 17:59
first of all..... THANK YOU SO MUCH to Gaian Mind and those who treated us with great kindness from four quarters....it's their fucking home, and as I understand, they intend to keep it as beautiful as it is for many generations, we were their guests, and we had to play by their very reasonable rules..... that aside, open container restrictions SUCK lol

The music....holy shnikes.... the darkness was SUPERB (yabyyum's live pa, anyone??? OUCH) and loopus in fabula played the absolute funniest, funkiest music mine ears hath ever heard, the Nano boys brought sunday to church, and Leila dj.....she is an inspiration on a lot of levels and could have danced forEVER if I didn't have a life to return to here in arkansas....

speaking of returning to arkansas, did anyone get stuck in that nasty bike reck on i-86west? I had just left the festival with a pissed off tired girl, 10 miles out, we sit in stand still traffic for damn near an hour.... made it home safely though!

the sound was fucking great for the restrictions, and I know for a matter of fact, we had that shit as we could..... and the guys behind sonic beating did us right

(AUM WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN ANNNNNNNY WAY

To those I met such as facehead and friends (dreadie guy from arkansas), hit me up via PM to get my info, steph forced me to leave early

YALL COME ON DOWN TO AUM NOW, YA HERE
nod

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 18:26
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 03:23, UHMWPE wrote:
btw, are you the guy who played at the chillout stage around 5am on sunday? i liked one track, it was something like brazilian style electro house. if you know what i'm talking about who's track was that?

i was playing dubstep in the chill area from 4am to 6am on sunday. i'll try to pm you the track list later today...not sure what sounded brazilian about it to you, the only thing i can really think of is that the heavy bass bears some resemblance to favela...

and as far as complaining goes, there is a world of difference between saying 'the sound sucked and the festival was too expensive' and elaborating on your reasoning behind making those statements (which you did in a later post). one method seems a lot more like bitching, the other seems a lot more like constructive criticism...           http://www.djnod.net
UHMWPE

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 19:24
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 18:26, nod wrote:

and as far as complaining goes, there is a world of difference between saying 'the sound sucked and the festival was too expensive' and elaborating on your reasoning behind making those statements (which you did in a later post). one method seems a lot more like bitching, the other seems a lot more like constructive criticism...

its up to you how you name it - bitching or criticism, the essence is still the same

the sound was great, clear and clean - this is all subjective point of view
the sound sucked - same thing - subjective
what is real is that some people liked it and some didn't and i've met a lot who didn't
a lot of people i've met liked everything but most of them were drugged up

and yeah the track had a deep heavy bass and it reminded me of alternative electro house or something, at least they call it so in brazil
FractalPhono
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 19:24
Ok I am finally back from the post-festival wrap up and there is much chatter on the forums! Eg-bot and I were the first there and nearly the very last to leave, and I must say that this past week and a half of my life was awesome!!!! Great people, music, vibes, weather etc. I am glad to see that so many people have such strong feelings about so many topics regarding this festy. I guess we made an impression. Though I believe some points have been focused on a little to heavily.

SOUND:
Four Quarters has strict volume constraints placed on them by both their neighbors and municipalities. The sound level of the main dance floor has been acurately measured with professional equipment and has stayed at the same exact level for the past 3 years ( within 2 dB ). the Sonic Beating crew continues to provide Gaian Mind with the sound system because of the QUALITY of service they deliver. This is a professional company with many years of sound reinforcement experience.

FEES:
there seemed to be some confusion about some of the fees Everyone with access to the internet had the same opportunity to purchase the early bird tickets from the Gaian Mind website www.gaian-mind.com for roughly $85, then the price went up a month later to (I believe) $110 and again at the gate, the tix were $135. well 85 bux for 4 days of camping on Four Quarters land with clean, hot showers, clean flush toilets, and almost 50 dj/live acts strategically sequenced throughout those four days, with world class deco and workshops scheduled I can see how that is unreasonable....... $21.25 a day for camping fees, world class tunes, and a place to get a hot shower after dancing. jeeeeeeez how can I pay my mortgage after that!?!?!?!?

Parking was FREE in the parking area, there were parking permits sold for designated areas, but main parking was always free (to my knowledge) The four quarters meal plan provided fresh, healthy food for about 8 dollars a meal ( where everyone was welcome to enjoy a second serving after firsts were served ) or you could purchase an individual meal for $10. This sounds very fair to me.

believe me,
if it could be free - IT WOULD be free
if it could be louder - IT WOULD be louder
if it could be prefect weather - IT WOULD prefect weather

My closest friends and I have worked very hard for a very long time to bring this festival to life year after year and it seems to continually get smoother. A large part of me IS this festival. I only wish to accomidate as many people as possible wile operating within reasonable paramaters.
I hope not to "pick any scabs" or respark the fire of debate with anything I have mentioned earlier in this post. I feel that some posts on this thread may be misleading to individuals who did not have the opportunity to experience this truly remarkable event for themselves.

I personally want to thank everyone who came, and everyone who contributed. It all makes a difference. I will see you in the stones next year

Rory
Fractal Phono           www.FractalPhono.com
www.ZenonRecords.com
www.Gaian-Mind.com
FractalPhono
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 19:29
although I am pretty upset that four quarters didn't knock down them damn tree roots that were all in the way of my breakdancing.... where is a guy supposed to lay his cardboard? maybe next year they should be more considerate of my NEEDS!           www.FractalPhono.com
www.ZenonRecords.com
www.Gaian-Mind.com
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 21:40
here here!
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 22:53
Rory put it all very well, but I would like to elaborate on a couple of points.

to the people complaining about paying $135: gimme a break! everybody had 2 weeks to purchase early bird tix for $85 (a $50 discount), and nearly 3 months to purchase advance tix for $110 (a $25 discount). If you got stuck paying the full door price, you have only yourself to blame.

Why do organizers generally charge more at the gate? Basically it has to do with cash flow, logistics, and the time value of money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_value_of_money

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_flow

Essentially, the more people buy advance tickets, the more accurate an idea the organizers have of how many will be attending, and the more positive cash flow they have to cover festival expenses up front.

Parking is and has always been free in the main parking area. Four Quarters (NOT Gaian Mind) charges an extra fee for "car camping" for several reasons, a) to discourage people from driving cars around the campsites, b) to save the limited camping space for actual campers, not their vehicles.

All the extra camping fees, meal plans, etc. are assessed by Four Quarters and go directly to them. Complaining to Gaian Mind about it is like complaining to your boss that your paycheck is less than it should be because the government took out taxes.

Quote:

On 2007-06-27 19:24, FractalPhono wrote:
Ok I am finally back from the post-festival wrap up and there is much chatter on the forums! Eg-bot and I were the first there and nearly the very last to leave, and I must say that this past week and a half of my life was awesome!!!! Great people, music, vibes, weather etc. I am glad to see that so many people have such strong feelings about so many topics regarding this festy. I guess we made an impression. Though I believe some points have been focused on a little to heavily.

SOUND:
Four Quarters has strict volume constraints placed on them by both their neighbors and municipalities. The sound level of the main dance floor has been acurately measured with professional equipment and has stayed at the same exact level for the past 3 years ( within 2 dB ). the Sonic Beating crew continues to provide Gaian Mind with the sound system because of the QUALITY of service they deliver. This is a professional company with many years of sound reinforcement experience.

FEES:
there seemed to be some confusion about some of the fees Everyone with access to the internet had the same opportunity to purchase the early bird tickets from the Gaian Mind website http://www.gaian-mind.com for roughly $85, then the price went up a month later to (I believe) $110 and again at the gate, the tix were $135. well 85 bux for 4 days of camping on Four Quarters land with clean, hot showers, clean flush toilets, and almost 50 dj/live acts strategically sequenced throughout those four days, with world class deco and workshops scheduled I can see how that is unreasonable....... $21.25 a day for camping fees, world class tunes, and a place to get a hot shower after dancing. jeeeeeeez how can I pay my mortgage after that!?!?!?!?

Parking was FREE in the parking area, there were parking permits sold for designated areas, but main parking was always free (to my knowledge) The four quarters meal plan provided fresh, healthy food for about 8 dollars a meal ( where everyone was welcome to enjoy a second serving after firsts were served ) or you could purchase an individual meal for $10. This sounds very fair to me.

believe me,
if it could be free - IT WOULD be free
if it could be louder - IT WOULD be louder
if it could be prefect weather - IT WOULD prefect weather

My closest friends and I have worked very hard for a very long time to bring this festival to life year after year and it seems to continually get smoother. A large part of me IS this festival. I only wish to accomidate as many people as possible wile operating within reasonable paramaters.
I hope not to "pick any scabs" or respark the fire of debate with anything I have mentioned earlier in this post. I feel that some posts on this thread may be misleading to individuals who did not have the opportunity to experience this truly remarkable event for themselves.

I personally want to thank everyone who came, and everyone who contributed. It all makes a difference. I will see you in the stones next year

Rory
Fractal Phono

malachi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 27, 2007 23:29
Yeah no doubt, no excuse for not
taking advantage of presale tix.

I always just put away $5/week in
my festival fund for every festival
I plan on going to that way there is always plenty of cash for that. It really helps
ease the pain once summer rolls around.

If you start putting away $5/week
now for next years' GM you will have $260,
just don't spend it on bud....

The Sound is always excellent, Nick does
a hell of a job every year! We would all
like it to be louder, but most of us have
gotten over that fact years ago. The chill
stage was on point too, one of the best
systems I have ever played on. Both systems
were crystal clear.

Anyway, peace out, see you at Aum!

[quote]
to the people complaining about paying $135: gimme a break! everybody had 2 weeks to purchase early bird tix for $85 (a $50 discount), and nearly 3 months to purchase advance tix for $110 (a $25 discount). If you got stuck paying the full door price, you have only yourself to blame.

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2007
← Prev Page
13 14 15 16 17 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance