Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Filteria - Heliopolis (!!!) 2006 SunTrip RecordS!
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Filteria - Heliopolis (!!!) 2006 SunTrip RecordS!

Filteria
Filteria

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 00:14
Maybe its wrong to write this here, but: you can visit:
http://www.filteria.com/site/?page=unreleased

Here u will find 2 clips from the new Filteria tracks that will be on the new album and also material from my other project K.O.B
Hope u enjoy it And thanx for support
Addictive Elements
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 19:02
dude pls pls come to play in india (bombay)...ull get a huge crowd fo sure....
Jon Cocco
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jul 12, 2007 07:23
FILTERIA - HELIOPOLIS

SUNTRIP RECORDS

1. UNFILTERED (MOON RMX)
2. SPEECH MODULE
3. REFLECTED
4. MIND EXPANSION
5. PYROGEN
6. ROTATE TO VIBRATE
7. LUNAR CIVILIZATION (FILTERIA'S HIGHER RMX)
8. CLOUD KINGDOM (SOLOR FIELDS RMX)

If you just dived out of a space ship, and you're falling to Earth at a thousand miles per hour, Heliopolis (and Sky Input) are excellent albums that pretty much sum up your insane descent, that is if it lasted around 70 minutes.

Heliopolis is the follow-up to 2004's Sky Input album. Both are in the style of old-school Pleiadians and a blast of high-octane energy. Heliopolis has many layers but not as many as the debut. This may be too much for some people just to listen to through their computer, head phones, etc. I've heard this album on my head phones, at home, while exercising, and driving. I honestly see this being so much more appreciative to dance to, at a trance party, outside at nighttime, and/or driving to fast to at night. Naturally, having the right mood for anything often helps. Unfortunately, some of the mystery is over since we are desensitized to Filteria's sound. Those who heard Sky Input generally know what to expect. We’ve have become more critical. However do expectations not go for most follow-ups and sequels in general?

Unlike Sky Input which pushed the current boundaries on climax, Heliopolis sacrifices a good amount of those many climaxes (and some layers too) for better melody structure, musical development, and song variety. Fans of Sky Input should be pleased to know, there are still climaxes. The style hasn't lost too much of its intensity either, but some. By better arranging and distancing the big climaxes, the songs actually have more time to breathe and build. They stand out more. Will this more intense, bursting-with-energy album be too much for some listeners? Yes. Will some people enjoy the bigger, more relentless (what some have referred to as "raw") debut more? Sure. Regardless, it isn't all about intensity, climax, and layers. This artist knows that no matter how much of a role these elements play. Heliopolis is more balanced than its predecessor.

1. UNFILTERED is an excellent opening. It begins with an interesting voice sample about artifacts. The beginning sounds float through the air like a calm night before the storm arrives. This song has so many ideas, energy, character changes and development. There are so many catchy, musical parts and change up with overall direction, the drums, melodies, and more taking place here. Maybe the only thing missing are some clever key changes most notable in coming tracks 3 and 6. Other than that this song is very dynamic and animated. I really like songs like these that have so much character, imagination, ideas well executed, and movement. A-

2. SPEECH MODULE is not such a great follow-up to the opening. This second song doesn't achieve what most songs on here will, and that is to sound more than just a song that didn't make the cut from the Sky Input album even if that's not the case. Maybe this artist had less of an elaborate vision for this song, or not. Either way it's still fun to listen to. There's a decent amount of cool psychedelic sounds. Those Pleiadian streams of melodies piled up are here to some degree too. I think this song is fairly good, but I feel like I've heard this before. I know this artist can do better. I know it! I realize not every song can be excellent, a masterpiece, or impressive to me or anyone. However after hearing the opening track Unfiltered I honestly expected more. This is a cool breather before the next monster track. I enjoy the melodies although they seem less developed (more repetitive) here. The high pitched or frequency changes are cool. It's a pretty good song, just nothing great in my opinion. B-

3. REFLECTED for the first several minutes is pretty good but far from exciting or great. Suddenly a leading melody comes streaming across at around 4:11. At this point things suddenly pick up and I appreciate getting to this part more than before in retrospect. The sounds of the drums are accentuated, making the tone more aggressive and spiced up. Musically, I feel greatness, excellence has been touched, especially with the key shifts or changes 4:43 (up / down, etc.) and how this affects the melody and feel of the song. It's engaging and dynamic! At 8:22 the song climaxes again, a blast of those streaming melodies return like a chorus that repeats at an ideal time. This is one of the best songs on the album and by Filteria to date. A-

4. MIND EXPANSION I welcome as a less intense song relative to the previous one. The transition elements, the ambient, and other creative pauses and music directions are interesting and enjoyable. Whether good or great, I find this a very well done song. It's both fresher and more involved and engaging than the other less intense song so far titled Speech Module. B+

(concluded below...)
Jon Cocco
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jul 12, 2007 07:24
Concluded...

5. PYROGEN in one of the most interesting songs here. The artist is trying something different here. The song is cleverly composed with gradual buildup and clearly less climax. The initial melodies aren’t so lit up that all of our attention is focused on one until around 1:40. Soon after this melody disappears as the listener travels further. At around 3:00 is the first leading melody and boost which elevates the song to a more catchy sound and speed. I really enjoy the melody fusion from around 4:12 to 4:35 and how it disappears for more traveling. Around 5:07 is a quiet transition laced in floating ambient. The song is interesting because we have no idea where it’s taking us. I think this is the most unique track on the album so far because it does things Filteria has first done here. It creates suspense and takes time to build. It isn’t an in-your-face track like virtually every track from Sky Input. I'd love to see more creative approaches like the one here. There is something both juicy and fluid about the melody work. They blend together rather nicely. If Filteria continues more experimental directions like this one he will create something spectacular sooner or later. B+

6. ROTATE TO VIBRATE is the most impressive song since Reflected to me. "Wow" was what I said multiple times on hearing this more than once. The melodies build the song into a blazing, flying rocket. I love the key/note changes in the last third of especially. They're excellent. This is one of the best songs I've heard by Filteria. It becomes stronger and more powerful as it it progresses. The key changes are really something. This track is excellent. A-

7. LUNAR CIVILIZATION (Filteria's Higher Rmx) is a solid remix of a great song by Pleiadians. Both are great for dance floors at trance scenes. However any remix generally makes a song less original in my opinion. I prefer an artist to minimize remixes to originals not done by the artist. Nonetheless, some great work has come out of remixing the original Lunar Civilization whom many call a classic by Pleiadians. It’s interesting to hear the original and than this one. The new version is like a cross between old Pleiadians and Filteria of course. This is an accomplished track in its own right with a monster burst in the middle. With today’s technology and creativity this artist has updated and modernized a great song. It isn't my favorite here but neither was the original from the Pleiadians. If you liked the original, you'll likely enjoy this too. B / B+

8. CLOUD KINGDOM (Solar Fields Rmx) made me uncertain during the first ten second. I also thought it sounded 80's syth/pop electronica as a reviewer wrote on psynews.org. A beautiful female voice enters soon after and suddenly any doubt in my mind washed away. This song escalates into a dreamy rhythm of uplifting sounds and melodies. However the track seems to lose direction, or fall off course from around 5:00 to 6:30. The beat disappears and the music loses layers. It just sits there. The song begins to drag. It happened once around 2:10 while holding some type of beat (as it repeated with little development) but I forgave it. In this case the rhythm thankfully picks up around 7:15 and finishes both the song and the album off well. Unfortunately I was nervous for a minute and I don't like feeling lost in a "why isn't the song engaging me" type way. Several of my friends whom I let hear this song agreed. It (the song) seems to get caught up in the middle before finding its soul and direction. I realize this is a transition. Nonetheless, a little trimming and editing could have made this thing stronger. I'm generally pleased with this but there is a bump or two in an otherwise well paved road. The beautiful female voice adds character, emotion, and warmth. I appreciate this song more than the closing on the debut because it's actually unexpected in that it’s emotive, pretty, and dreamy. Peace after chaos is better for contrast than a less intense Psy-Trance song which basically was the cool closing, yet less memorable closong on Filteria's Sky Input album in my opinion. B / B+

In Conclusion, Heliopolis improves upon its debut with better production and a good amount of new, well done, high-octane, melody-filled, psychedelic Goa-Trance songs. Several are excellent. The style and mixing in tracks like REFLECTED and ROTATE TO VIBRATE is superb. The drums have improved too. I love when the drums change up as more layers return. I also found very interesting the strong, deeper melodies and feel of UNFILTERED and PYROGEN followed by CLOUD KINGDOM. Few songs however such as SPEECH MODULE and LUNAR CIVILIZATION (RMX) appear to involve less substance or originality. Nevertheless, Sky Input was the first Goa album in some time to be released so it had much more anticipation and mystery behind it than Heliopolis. This shouldn't discourage people from checking it out. The follow up also proves that the first was no fluke. This artist is very talented. He has creativity, determination, and ambition. He creates some excellent tracks with powerful leading and supporting melodies, sounds, and monster climaxes and rhythms. Atmosphere may be one of the few weaker aspects to work on and develop. It would be awesome if this artist continues to branch out, improves, and make quality Goa/Psy-Trance songs and albums. These updated songs arrive like missiles. They’re less dependent on climax and come equipped with improved flow, melody structure, and story telling at times, or so it seems. Tracks like UNFILTERED, REFLECTED, PYROGEN, and ROTATE TO VIBRATE are clear examples of excellent and improved work. Filteria's style has matured and become more interesting and dynamic. Filteria hasn't lost his energy. He's refined it. He's modified it. He hasn’t abandoned the hurricane of melodies, intensity, and layers either. Tracks like UNFILTERED start the album off with a bang! It's as if Filteria took notes from Pleiadian’s famous Head Spin song. In this sense the opening track is powerful, storming, energetic, layered, and exciting. Cloud Kingdom ends the sequel on a very chill and peaceful note. As you can see I think Heliopolis is a great album and I was more impressed with the debut for its time. With the first album, I feel like no one impacted the artist by saying it was too intense, too maximal, or whatever. The artist seemed to know no limits before past those of the programming software without losing flow and correlation of the plethora of sounds generated. He went all out and capitalized on something to the point of sheer amazement and exhaustion. I loved it but the shock and awe has done its job. Sky Input in my honest opinion broke more ground for what it was. However I return to Heliopolis more often than Sky Input because I find its technical improvements and diversified tracks (comparable to the debut) more arresting and attractive to my updated ears. In short, if you liked Sky Input I'd be surprised if you don't like Heliopolis.

Favorite tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8.

8.9 is a B+

Jespar

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 13, 2007 18:31
I bought this album only for the "Cloud Kingdom" track, and this is of course something I do only very rarely, as it's quite obviously an expensive way of collecting CD's.

This wonderful musical co-operation between Jannis and Magnus, continues to send chills through my spine. Thank you, it's greatly appreciated.

^SHIVSHAKTI^

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 14, 2007 11:41
goin to get but his album for sure...sooner or later........
boom
Cosmic Tandav
Trailoka

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jul 24, 2007 11:28
Quote:

On 2007-07-14 11:41, ^SHIVSHAKTI^ wrote:
goin to get but his album for sure...sooner or later........
boom

same here buddy...           https://soundcloud.com/hypnotiquerecordings
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Filteria - Heliopolis (!!!) 2006 SunTrip RecordS!
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance