Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Filteria - Heliopolis (!!!) 2006 SunTrip RecordS!

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Filteria - Heliopolis (!!!) 2006 SunTrip RecordS!

draeke
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Feb 17, 2006 11:37
1. Unfiltered (Moon rmx)
2. Speech Module (feat. Red Gravity)
3. Reflected
4. Mind Expansion (Short Version)
5. Pyrogen
6. Rotate To Vibrate
7. Lunar Civilization (Filteria's Higher rmx)
8. Cloud Kingdom (Solar Fields rmx)

Hello everyone!
I just listened to this marvellous album and here is what i think of iT!:

Outstanding powerful tracks, instant classics: Unfiltered (SO pleiadians!), Reflected(!!!my total fav of the album!!!) and Pyrogen(!!)
Incredible track: Lunar Remix (@@@)
Amazing ambient: Cloud Kingdom. (superb samples, vocals and atmosphere)
Thats the very short edition; now let me write better:

#1 Unfiltered seems to be a Pleiadians tracks really, organic and very special indeed, absolutely floor killer, many lines and acidic synths!
#2 A little less interesting for me but groovy! actually a little different somehow from the rest of the album (maybe the dude featuring?) some strange variations!
but definetely like the bubbles alike tweaks and stuff! maybe i need to relisten better!
#3 monstrous track, a superb melody and a very nice break, the melodioes are somehow sad and melancholic but in a very positive way and the evolution of the track is really marvellous, definetely my filteria fav track ever as for now!! it really works well on my ego, inconscious as it has this special sad touch that evolves into positive, cant really describe but marvellous
#4 aliens sounds here, wicked stuff! very much mysterius, killer tune with a great break: but how possible is a short version ?! how was the complete edit? 15 min!??
#5 SO oldschool and great!!! this actually bounced me back in time.. so mystical i really love it, the beat also is somehow enchaining me to the floor.. dark atmosphere going on! mysterious... a jump into a black hole!
#6 from the dark sounds to the powerful positiveness! lovely moment at 7 minute or so.. i just wish it was longer! great sample!
#7 nothing to say that it wasnt said before.. this gets not classified but not like with no vote but more like unable to give one! totally crazy and monstrous, much respect for this one.. a dream coming true!!!!!
#8 starting with a video game alike sound or like an anime ending credit, superb track!
again, congrats!!
Jeller
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 18:51
I find this album also very good and refreshing, but the style shoudl havr changed a bit more of Sky Input and there is still need for improvement imo

but still a lot better and innovating than all the other albums.. except Naked Tourist
Rattamahata with fluoro-stick

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 20:30
Filteria rocksssss! Powerfull and unique style with a taste of old, good karahana            C20H25N3O
http://www.myspace.com/rastamahata
black_necro
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Feb 22, 2006 05:53
After Sky Input I was eager to feed my CD Player with some more Filteria, intoxicate it with pure psychedelia and go along with it. Then I read about an "illegal" release, a live set recorded on a party in Sweden. Since Filteria himself was ok with people obtaining this release on internet I found it and enjoyed it to the fullest. It was even better knowing that the new album is on its way. After hearing it for many times I concluded it is yet another outstanding release from this artist, but how was it cold? Sky Input 2? Oh no, it's Heliopolis. It is because of this reason and the last track (it's totally out of context, IMO) I would give this album 8/10. Still I have this feeling that Filteria is not known enough on the scene, a lot of people are missing a big deal here. And although I can freely say the new album is not that original, it's only because I follow Filterias work for some time. For those not familiar with this artist Heliopolis will surely sound totally refreshing, unlike anything out there, highly recommended! We have a lot more to hear from Filteria, I'm happy to see he's coming to Full Moon Festival this year, it will be a morning never to be forgotten!
Respect!
leandromorales
Demonizz/Duophonix

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 22, 2006 14:56
More infos:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd004.html

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/206607-01.htm

http://www.danceconnected.net/product_info.php?products_id=5161
          ========= DemonizZ and DuoPhonix =========

----www.demonizz.com----
www.myspace.com/demonizz
------------------------------------------
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Feb 23, 2006 13:04
Yup a lot of people are missing a big deal. This is amazing fresh goa trance from 2006. Really melodic, uplifting covered with all sortsa tweaked sounds making you go on the trance journey. Layers and layers of psychedelic goodness.

Standout track for me on this album is rotate to vibrate. I will give the album 8/10. Definetly recommended for old and new goaheads           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Feb 23, 2006 17:09
Nice old school vibes in 2006. It sounds a lot like early Pleiadians did, i.e. very busy. Psychedelic and melodic at the same time. Shame there's little variation though. Apart from the ambient track at the end most tracks are alike. Still, this is a good album nonetheless. And ofcourse it's a rarity to hear this kind of sound nowadays, so those looking for the 'old' vibe of yesteryear could do far worse than to check this one out. 8/10 from me, because it just is really psychedelic at points, and I like that           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 23, 2006 19:54
Damn! this is awesome! this is the first time I got to hear Filteria and I am really happy I've done so.
this stuff is just what I've been missing in psy trance for a long time... amazing melodies, really emotional stuff. way to go, Filteria, keep up the amazing job.
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 25, 2006 17:44
yeah nice old school goa beautifull altough the tracks have few variations but who does it nowadays, fresh sounds suntrip rules. v/a apsara. khetzal corolle this is the beautifull trance im looking for           dont worry be hippie
Moonsun
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Mar 6, 2006 01:01
Filteria is killer musik .he is a great artist .see u soon in greece my friend
T E L L U S 2
Tellus 2

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 10, 2006 23:23
Filteria rock on
I hope the sun shines on you           love love love........
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Mar 11, 2006 15:55
Filteria - Heliopolis

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/ogl56 + http://tinyurl.com/qut2h

Artist: Filteria (Sweden)
Title: Heliopolis
Format: CD (digipack/jewel case)
Label: Suntrip Records (France/Belgium)
Cat. #: SUNCD04
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: 10 February 2006

Track listing:

01. 08’27” Filteria – Unfiltered (Moon Remix)
02. 09’16” Filteria feat. Red Gravity – Speech Module
03. 10’01” Filteria - Reflected
04. 10’43” Filteria – Mind Expansion (Short Version)
05. 08’57” Filteria - Pyrogen
06. 08’42” Filteria – Rotate To Vibrate
07. 10’05” Crop Circles - Lunar Civilization (Filteria's Higher Remix)
08. 10’31” Filteria – Cloud Kingdom (Solar Fields Remix)

.m3u-playlist: http://tinyurl.com/m2d7s (all tracks!)

Review:

Kaleidoscopic goa waves…

Swedish producer Jannis ‘Filteria’ Tzikas has fast become synonymous with the recent resurrection of modern goa trance. His first album Sky Input released in 2004 was a tornado of fresh air with its highly melodic, multilayered, climactic and cascading goa trance sound, whereas his output on the 2005 Suntrip Records compilation Apsara showed an even deeper, more edgy side to Filteria. And now the second album is ready, with the help of a few outside contributors… I’ve been drooling for this ever since it was announce and now it’s finally time to take another trip down Filteria Lane…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Filteria – Unfiltered (Moon Remix) [146 BPM]
“Can you tell us anything else about these artefacts? They are a kind of organic technology, limited energy, in other to achieve mobility they have to graft themselves onto another life form!” The opening track picks up right were Sky Input left off, and besides from the Crop Circles remix, this is perhaps the most evident Pleiadians-like track… It’s a huge cornucopia of flaring melodies, raging acid lines and more climaxes than I dare to count… In other words, this is more full-on than 700 Eskimo albums will ever be… Woow, what a start to the album – this is a marvellous track!

#02: Filteria feat. Red Gravity – Speech Module [144 BPM]
This track was made by Jannis in cahoots with some dude called Petrus Leo – and his touch really shines thru here. Somehow this reminds me much more off ancient masters like Transwave, The Infinity Project, Prana and so on… The melodies and the synth lines are less refined, and it appears every single melodic stab has been sugar coated… I never thought I’d heard myself say this, but this is too cheesy and I have a hard time coping with it… Yikes!

#03: Filteria – Reflected [145 BPM]
But luckily Jannis hasn’t lost it completely… Far from it in fact, as this has got to be one of the most interesting tracks here… What we get here is very refined goa trance that is as much as party track is it story telling… The full-on melodies are subtle, yet totally effective and we actually get passages without wall-to-wall screeching… The pitch changes and key changes are effective and I wouldn’t want it any other way… The evolution in this track is brilliant and this has got to be the most mature Filteria track to date… Awesome!

#04: Filteria – Mind Expansion (Short Version) [146 BPM]
Calling this ‘short’ must be the over-statement of the year (The long version is 15 minutes btw!)… Anyway, this is another sure fit party choon reminiscent of the full-on goa era of the nineties… The nostalgia is coming out the woodwork and this tune really takes me back to the golden age… Acid-ridden, driving, emotional goa trance – rich on so many levels… Synth galore! Guaranteed to tear ANY dancefloor apart… Wonderful!

#05: Filteria – Pyrogen [142 BPM]
And if you thought the previous track was old-school, just wait until you hear this… This is like a virtual time machine teleporting you back 10 years… Style wise, this is still very full-on, uplifting, bright goa trance drenched in acid stabs and 303s… And despite the ‘low’ BPM rating, this actually feels like one of the fastest tracks here, and I think it suffers a little from a too chaotic structure… Not a bad track at all, but I could have wished for a little more story telling here… But hey, still a pretty damn tasty choon…

#06: Filteria – Rotate To Vibrate [144 BPM]
The next track seems a little darker… Don’t get me wrong, this is still very much uplifting Filteria trance, but the bass seems just a tad more nocturnal here… Like the last track to be played before the sunrise… Flaring, raging multi-climactic melodies competing for the listeners attention and I can vividly imagine how overwhelming this track must sound under the influence… Not for the faith-hearted, but definitely for me… ;o)

#07: Crop Circles - Lunar Civilization (Filteria's Higher Remix) [147 BPM]
“Personally, I'm convinced that there must be many, many higher civilizations in this enormous and incredibly ancient universe of ours!” It’s no secret that Jannis has drawn heavily on Pleiadians for inspiration – and after the success of his first album, he even visited the EtnicaNet studios on Ibiza and created music… I’m guessing it’s that Etnica-link, that carved the opportunity for Jannis to remix one of the most timeless goa classics ever; Lunar Civilization by Crop Circles (Pleiadians + Lotus Omega). Messing with such a nostalgic track would usually be considered sacrilege, but if anyone could pull it off, it’s Jannis… The original track does sound a little dated after nine years, but with this remix Jannis has managed to update it with 2006 production techniques… And it sounds fresher than ever! A rich, colourful, kaleidoscopic testament to the fact that goa trance will never fade… Never!

#08: Filteria – Cloud Kingdom (Solar Fields Remix) [95 BPM]
And now for something completely new in Filteria terminology: A downbeat remix… Made by fellow Swede Magnus Birgersson, who is one of my fav’e Ultimae chill-out producers… And he sure doesn’t let me down here, with this electro-magnetic downbeat piece… It’s a hybrid of digital and organic sounds, which sends the mind wandering thru the cloud kingdom… Epic, static and totally peaceful… Magical!

My main gripe with Sky Input was the intensity level… When I reviewed it, I used an analogy from the American Beauty movie; ‘Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in!’… Basically, that’s still true… This *is* a very intense album it can be very overwhelming… But by now, you should know what you’re getting into when listening to a Filteria album… And with that in mind, this album is a little masterpiece in its own right…

It’s not exactly a quantum leap since the first album, but Jannis has indeed matured his sound in many aspects… Especially when it comes to story telling and structural improvements… Picking the best among the two albums is not an easy task, but if you point a gun at me, I’d say Heliopolis is slightly better… But they are both gargantuan albums in their own right!

The cover art by Ukiro is by far the coolest I’ve seen so far on Suntrip Records, and it pays homage to the classic Matsuri covers… It’s beautiful! All in all, this is an amazing album – there are no bad tracks here, and there are a handful of instant classics that kicks the shit out of everything full-on released since Sky Input… A benchmark album that will crack smiles in several years to come! It gets my highest recommendations! …Enjoy!

Favourites: 1(!!), 3(!!!), 4(!!), 5, 6, 7(!!), 8

DeathPosture

External links:
Filteria: http://www.filteria.com
Suntrip Records: http://www.suntriprecords.com
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/600081
TranceShop: http://tinyurl.com/n9h6h
Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/lvosw
Discobole: http://tinyurl.com/ov7jn
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/pnp3s
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/pvyrk
Saiko: http://tinyurl.com/rg3su
Ajuca: http://tinyurl.com/r8r55
Juno: http://tinyurl.com/ngqu9           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Mar 12, 2006 16:17
"Heliopolis" is the brand new album of the the talented artist - Jannis Tzikas aka Filteria. This is the second album of Jannis, it present 8 new goa tracks full of psychedelic vibes.

01. Filteria – Unfiltered (Moon Remix)
The track is start with a space melody together with a male sample...after 40 seconds the first kick just got in and it's so good...as long as the track keep going, more and more melodies and playings came in and creates together a magical goa fantasy without a chance to stop the madness. A prerfect introduction for a long & hallucinate trip.

02. Filteria – Speech Module (feat. Red Gravity)
On this collaboration the style is a bit different - it's more deep and a lot of elffects any where. This time the kick is fatter and the baseline is slower if you compare it to the first track. I'm personally did not connect so much to this track, don't know why, but it definitely worth listening.

03. Filteria – Reflected
"Redlected" track is so intersting and psychedelic. I just can't describe you this incredible melodies which turn the track to be so colorful and varied. The breakes are very short and any time the track is down for a few seconds, it's up again with more power and melodies...AMAZING !

04. Filteria – Mind Expansion (Short Version)
The story of this track is very fascinating and attractive. It's not so unclear like the other tracks, this one is more clear with a brilliant melody which back anytime with different effects and elements. Goa style all the way.

05. Filteria – Pyrogen
The begining of this track is mysterious, and when the kick enter the story start again. If you'll hear this track as an untitled one, I'm almost sure you think it's a track from the early 90's and Jannis acatually successef to bring back the hallucinate vibe and combined it with his unique style...the result is delicious ! it's make me "storm-thought" in my head, what prove that this music is over the avarage. This melody which enter on 05:17 is one of the most beautifull I've ever heard.

06. Filteria – Rotate To Vibrate
This one can easily be a "night hit" on every true goa party...psychedelic track with a weak kick but those melodies always keep it positive and happy. Delightful track !

07. Lunar Civilization (Filteria's Higher Remix)
We almost got to the end and Jannis present here his fantastic remix. The old scholl stlye is alive and kicking !! I don't heard the original version of this track, but Filteria's remix is a goa bomb. I'm promise you people - this track (and almost all the album) will make people dig so deep that they could not got out from the hole

08. Filteria – Cloud Kingdom (Solar Fields Remix)
For the end, we get something very special and unique from Solar Fields who re-mixed one of Jannis tracks. A down BPM (unedr 100 BPM) track which fit perfect to the end of this album and let the listener a pleasent & required relaxing after the huge karahana before. The track it self is very nice with a good and un-boring flow.

Last good word need go to Suntrip Records. This label is keep the goa scence alive with this unique releases, which always high quality and intersting. This album is for sure one of thr highlight moments of this impressive label.

All you have to do now is support this label & artist, and buy this album which worth any payment.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd004.html
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Mar 27, 2006 14:51
I'm going to buy this album...
This is what I call old school!
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
sonic.xinita.Sx

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 28, 2006 13:52
i loved it! Extremly psychedelic!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Filteria - Heliopolis (!!!) 2006 SunTrip RecordS!

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance