1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Chronika Chapter 2 April 2005

Forcefield

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 17, 2005 22:59
Boshke Beats Records: Chronika chapter 2 V/A compilation, compiled by Alex Tolstey

Tony Rohr -My Mind Is Going Dub-
Midimiliz -One Point One-
The Delta -Hero FX-The Rockitmen Re Construction
Midimiliz -No alibi-live at Transit
Fuzzion City Limit
X-Dream-Intercorporal Stimulator-Midimiliz 2005 RMX
Metalogic -Irrational Impulse-
Holeg Spies feat. BAKXIII - Lost In Darkness- Fuzzion RMX
Taksi- Mal Was Anderes-
Triple Distilled vs. Fuzzion -Midnight Circulator-

BONUS: Midimiliz video, Boshke wallpapers and more

http://www.boshkebeats.com

http://www.ingart.com

http://www.vjdmt.com

Finally got my Chronika copy from psyshop.com, waiting for it for so long made me more and more curious about it. And I must say that after all the waiting and watching the news plus prelistening to the samples online for so many times I m still SURPRISED AND EXCITED as never and I will not hide it!!! What a release! Boshke Beats are definitely on their peak at the moment.

Really the whole thing is awesome, I love all of the emotive melodic stuff, I love the variety of sounds, I just love all these styles all together and I m finding it extremely psychedelic and perfectly done. Also that footage of the Transit festival looks like a blast!!!!!
I m gonna try and scrape up the money this year:) The Midimiliz Video simply blew me away! Respect to DMT and Triple Distilled for such a bonus! Every cent was worth it!

Now to the most important content the Music on it.

TONY ROHR MY MIND IS GOING DUB- I already knew this one before from Alex T. DJ sets and mixes, but still it s a good to have tune and especially as an opener of the CD, this killer groove and vicious storming sound is so hypnotizing that after few minutes I was lost into the sub bass abyss surrounded by rusty mechanical oscillating rotor like percussions and metallic break beats, a dance floor bomb perfectly sitting as a first track of the CD. Next are MIDIMILIZ with -One Point One -a classic tech-trance number that always reminds me of their older track from Delta Force compilation Intermediate and I like it a lot. The sound here is loudest ever Midimiliz s track I ever listened to and it seems like it reborn after the serious mastering job to rule the floors again and again.

Third one is the heavy number from THE ROCKITMEN with the remix for THE DELTA s classic Hero FX, this one is simply blew me away with this giant raising synth cords and irresistible stormy techno rhythms. Big Surprise, made for the big dance floors and potential sound systems, I will die to hear that on big PA on a party, I want more Rockitmen please!

After a serious banging Delta remix follows one of the most massive MIDIMILIZ tunes -No Alibi- live at Transit, this one I was skipping back for 4 times as the energy and twisted touch of this live version are simply knocked me out, I wish I could be there at the dance floor to experience it there! Oh My God. Actually at this point of the compilation I m started to be very curious what happens next cause I was already destroyed by first 4 tracks and ready to drive to my friends house who got a big stereo, to take with me few joints, just to share this shocking experience.

FUZZION -City Limit- is the number 5 and probably most surprising track on the compilation just because I hadn t really liked it when prelistening the tracks online before, but on my stereo it took me to the highest state of consciousness, this bass line and the emotive melody simply hooked me in from the first entry, its an amazing morning mellow & happy tune and the surprise that it comes form Boshke known as dark force keepers and it fits perfectly to the whole thing and keeps the energy started by the previous track and same time taking you to completely different directions, beautiful one! The next is the most crazy track I ever heard from MIDIMILIZ it s an unforgettable X-DREAM s -Intercorporal Stimulator- in the XXIst century interpretation, the groove, the bass line and all those flying around stereo FX s made me to experience one of the most psychedelic tracks I heard for a while, I still cant remember what it was exactly except that it was a blast, this tune makes you high without any drugs and hungry for more and more, I think I could review this one separately as this remix really deserves special attention.

Following is a heaviest and most unconventional track of the jam -Irrational Impulse- by METALOGIC, funky psytek intensity that keeping the power on and continuing the Chronika s story in this flowing stream, keeping it stylish and different, this track is reminds me about the so missed The Delta energy and I m already looking forward for Metalogic s debut album and it seems like I will not be disappointed.

HOLEG SPIES Lost In Darkness FUZZION RMX electro reins here big time, mixed and mashed into best produced electro-trance I ever heard. I don t know the original so cant really compare, its very Electronic Body Danceable and so tasty all in one, Fuzzion is going to reign in this electro trance style that the feeling I got after his 2 tracks here, brilliant!

TAKSI -Mal Was Anderes- a beautiful teknotrance, like best Juno Rector mixed with today s finest techno beats, very cinematic, emotional and massive tune, romantic in some way I will say, with a feeling that its only the beginning and we should wait for some more, actually its not the last track here the chilled down Triple Distilled vs. Fuzzion Midnight Circulator that takes you to the space-trip, killer production, could be a soundtrack for a top notch movie, I m taking my hat off, Mr. Alex and Fuzzion- you mentally raped me off with this one and damaged my emotional memory resources forever.

Overall this CD produced like a film score, I could compare it only with my favorite conceptual albums like from my all time favorites Nine Inch Nails, Front 242, Juno Reactor, but not with much compilations, actually with none I know so far, this CD keeps the styles flowing into different directions and staying Boshke in same time. Its not under any definition, heavy electro or light techno, banging trance and all this with BIG cinematic touch, bringing the message that Boshke Beats evolving into something new big and serious and I really don t know what to expect form them next and its excites me even more.

Also I would like to mention the artwork

10/10 Long Live Boshke Beats! I m still discovering it over and over again.

DoktorRoo

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 19, 2005 11:29
very nice one !
got my copy 2 weeks ago , "no alibi" is da best!
i keep listening to it repeatedly many many times

other tracks are also worthy to listen
looking forward to Alex's visit to Moscow
fire Boshke!

psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 19, 2005 15:06
what a wonderfull review Forcefield i think since x dream we interface i didnt heard such a quality and original reallse very melodic stuff here i think the Tony Rohr -My Mind Is Going Dub-
is mind blowing !
one of the best stuff coming out latly vert psychedelic music
Holeg Spies
Spies

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Apr 19, 2005 17:19
you can check a sample of the original version LOST IN DARKNESS which has been remixed by FUZZION...http://www.spies.tv/donebyload/

cheers !           check the free audio-videos downloads on www.spies.tv
fire_dance

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 20, 2005 02:11
Congrats, Alex - brilliant comp! =)

For me, it'a psytech revival after some not-so-inspiring releases - this one is very fresh.. best Fuzzion track since long, massive Hero Fx rmx (imo better than original) & the incredible Midimiliz (grrr, still fucked up with sleeping them out @ Transit).. looking wide-openly forward to MM's new album (btw, it'd be great to release these great livesets - maybe as a bonus CD)..
Kyle

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 21, 2005 04:19
Quote:

The Midimiliz Video simply blew me away! Respect to DMT and Triple Distilled for such a bonus! Every cent was worth it!

Cool, glad you enjoyed it!

Feeling all warm and fuzzy now.
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 05:10
Yes lovely album... I got this a week ago and it just blows me away, am desperate to see the Midi boys live I've heard many live recordings before, but this just shows how talented they are as it flows so perfectly, and just brings to mind how much of a trance they can put you in... although this style rarely is released (unlike dark n full on stuff) it is well worth the wait... congratulations and ameagerly awaiting more releases from these top acts, no best track here, they all are amazing and the video is for sure the best trance clip out there... and chane of a Boshke DVD?
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 22, 2005 16:03
well the thing is that there is not alot of stuff like this released but the ones that do are quality!
and take a look at the cd reviews
you have already in 2005
opsis new albom complexity compilation electroscopic compilation chronicka chapter 2
and alot in the way
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 02:11
Yes psy^solier you;r right, and they always seem to come out in a big load at the same time then a big break I love this style of trance, easily the most re-listenable of the lot
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 21:41
This album is something special indeed.. ALL the tracks are just what my ears need. The Boshke musical evolution is just superb and i love these heavy electro influenced tracks..

My personal favorites are 3,5,6,8.. One point one is great also, but i've had the vinyle release for over a year now along with No Alibi, but the remix is much better than the original. CRAZYness at its best.. and the cover artwork is worth buying the CD for.. didn't get a chance to view the video, but i'll have some spare time very soon.

Great compilation Alex..

Stay tuned for a more dancefloor remix of Metalogic's "Irrational Impulse" by Tao Vs Metalogic (Metao) on the upcomming JESTER records compilation, compiled by DJ CLOWN.           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
RaSSahMunKaBuh
Inactive User

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 4, 2005 15:06
Quote:

This is for sure a very strong compilation. Good tracks all the way through, and very refreshing, especially for a person like me who listens to way too much full on psychedelic trance these days. Here you get a lot of variation all the way through, from chill out to electro and pumping techno. Recommended!

off course it s because it s you re label releasing it shameless self promotion to me that midimiliz sound got boring like 4 years ago
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : May 4, 2005 16:29
Quote:

On 2005-05-04 13:09, Alex Boshke wrote:
Here is another review from PKS at http://www.trance.net

Review by PKS

Please be more attentive, RaSSahMunKaBuh           .
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 4, 2005 16:42
There is some quality here in this release, and overall it sounds pretty fresh, don't get me wrong. But you have to be into this sort of thing IMO. If you've never really liked the stuff that (for example) Midi Miliz did before, you're not going to be persuaded to listen to their stuff now. Everyone is yelling like this is the next big thing or something, but it's not really that big IMO. It's nice if you want something different though. Just don't expect a revelation or anything. To me, the Fuzzion track was a pleasant surprise           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 6, 2005 21:25
actully alot of my friends that listen to old middi stuff and boshke are kind of disapointed form this compilation well they think its great music but they prefer the old techtrance sound without the electro infliuence but for me it works!
opsis
opsis

Started Topics :  12
Posted : May 8, 2005 01:03
Simply this is the best Boshke combilation yet!
The cd has the highest quality music all within Alex's
taste . My favourites by far are the midimiliz tunes.
Trully inspiring music. I suppose for me this is the no1 compilation for this season and perhaps 2005 .
I cant wait for Alexs next step.Dont make us wait too long amigo!           
http://www.opsis-music.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Chronika Chapter 2 April 2005

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance