1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Cancelled: Rumpeltänzchen 2006

Taurus Gemini

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 4, 2006 01:42
This is a very tricky issue, but I'll try to enlight some things for you since I'm a Bosnian and therefore know how things goes in my own country..

First of all, the location was a total mistake, despite the beautiful nature. Livno is well known for its conservative people and believings, so this was not too hard to predict. I warned the organizers months before about what might happened, but maybe they didn't took it too seriously. To be honest, we all expected some obstructions especially from the police and the locals, but nobody could imagine that it will go that far as using the "holy water" and pronouncing us "satanists", but all of this could remain as protests and nothing more if they got written permissions from the mayor and the municipality, instead relying on the spoken one. Actually, the mayor gave them his word and "green light" for the festival months ago, but as I could see nothing was on paper. The other thing is that almost everything around here (especially in small places like Livno) is connected to politics and different areas of interests, therefore those who really have control probably wanted their part of the cake too, none of them really care about religion or drugs because they too are in the popular Balkan game called Corruption & Happiness. It is possible that it is even beyond that, time will tell..

None of this would happened if the festival took place near any bigger city in B&H (e.g. Bihac, Tuzla, Banja Luka, Doboj, Zenica or Sarajevo the capital) where the people are urban and where this is perfectly normal and even wanted. We also do (smaller) psytrance parties regularly througout the years in the middle of the cities, in clubs, discotheques, venues or even open-air. It's not a problem at all, so don't conclude by mistake that all of this that happened is actually Bosnia & Herzegovina itself, because it obviously isn't. We all took some great efforts to promote this (at our own costs) throughout the country and this was all a big thing for us, because we saw it as a spreading of a new subculture movement (here) and also took some measures against the cancelation (we called the press, tv, radio interviews and spread the issue) and the majority of B&H citizens were terrified, so this was not only a surprise to people outside..

We are terribly sorry for the organizers & ppl and about all of this what happened but we will not take the blame, because more co-operation and advices from those of us who know-how would lead to a great (maybe even annual) festival anywhere else in B&H.

Peace!
Dovla
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 4, 2006 13:54
I've said it 10 times already and I'll say it again...until the party organizers start to listen...

it's next to impossible to organize a festival in another country than your own, at least in this region of europe. Similar things have happened in Croatia many times before and it was always done by a foreign crew which has no idea of the local situation and mentality of the people here. We've done 4 Underwater Overground festivals so far and the location we have in Pula is the only one where we don't have problems with locals...I doubt anyone from abroad could do it like us even though there are far more profesional teams out there...it's just different when you're living here and know the locals, it's easier to get permits for anything not to mention logistics and every other bit of information...

so again, as I've said it too many times but I still feel like I'm talking to a brick wall...if you want to make a festival in this region get connected to the local scenes and work things out together...otherwise you'll get the same thing as rondalis, solar tribe fest and now rumpeltanchen...

of course I feel sorry for the organizers especially since they chose a same date as our festival and I hope that this experience won't make them quit but I really think they need to think a bit more as to why this happened           DJ Dovla | Interchill Records, Flow Records
www.dovla.info
Mogg
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Aug 4, 2006 16:37
Quote:

On 2006-08-04 01:42, Taurus Gemini wrote:

but all of this could remain as protests and nothing more if they got written permissions from the mayor and the municipality, instead relying on the spoken one. Actually, the mayor gave them his word and "green light" for the festival months ago, but as I could see nothing was on paper.

if this is true its unprofessional behavior and i dont believe they could make a festival in germany without these permits...

Has i said if there where written permits they couldn close the festival until the dates expire....

but also has i said i am not going to expeculate more because i wasnt there and dont know how things happend...

and this is just my humble opinion about this issue

respect!
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Aug 4, 2006 17:42
You right guys, but what about ¨respect the locals¨ we see in every serious flyer? I mean, we don´t know what people in a certain place has experienced in history and you guys must admit that there are some decorations that are horrible to see, like screaming faces, horned skulls, sad images and if this is sometimes disgusting to the party crowd, just wonder how it is seen from a villager point of view? I am really sad that the festival was cancelled but there should have been more interaction between the org and the locals. Without the help and consentiment of locals no outdoor party can be good.

Peace and Love.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Cancelled: Rumpeltänzchen 2006
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance