Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Burning Man plans 2005

Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Mar 2, 2005 22:43
hey kids,
is it too early to start planning for bman? M.o.E will be there in full effect... we won't have our own soundsystem, we'll just be there causing trouble, climbing thunderdome, and going to "hell in a handbasket" (hopefully, i mean that was the coolest art car i have ever seen 2 years agao!!)...
but if anyone else is bringing some sound out there let us know, many of our artists will be there and ready to play....
or if anyone just wants to meet up and join us in mischeif making let us know! mwah ha ha           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
LoveLikeRain

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 2, 2005 22:51
I will stay away from BurningMan this year. It has become a hotbed of trancehate in the last few years. My friends had their 20,000$ generator runied with playa and sugar packed into it and the folks that did it left a "this shit is trance" sticker on the generator.
I have heard other storys as well. be careful anyone bringing sound equiptment. there are devils out there.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 00:54
Quote:

On 2005-03-02 22:51, LoveLikeRain wrote:
I will stay away from BurningMan this year. It has become a hotbed of trancehate in the last few years. My friends had their 20,000$ generator runied with playa and sugar packed into it and the folks that did it left a "this shit is trance" sticker on the generator.
I have heard other storys as well. be careful anyone bringing sound equiptment. there are devils out there.

sounds like a bunch of vicious rumors. show me some pictures if you want me to believe that bullsh**

i've been there five years with different sound systems and never heard of or seen anything like that.

we'll be there with a awesome large sound system playing mostly psytrance. hope to run into you, Mistress.

cheers
~OZRA~

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 06:08
Well, i dunno about ruining $20K equipment, but i surely noticed some trance hate at BM 03.

We were stomping in the afternoon at the trance village, and a huge long art car (more like an art train, shaped like a dragon) pulled up into the middle of the dancefloor and started bullshitting psytrance over their loud PA system. How dumb is that?
Needless to say, no one really paid any attention, and they soon slunk away in their alcohol fueled art fart cart.

oh, BM 03 blew me away otherwise.... i would love to go again for sure - a bunch of drunk eminems wouldn't change my plans.
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 06:54
Oh my...

I just have to say..hearing about "trance hate" at BM makes me sort of dissapointed....and a bit angry. I was planning on going for once (I've never been due to school) and now hearing this it makes me not want to go. I was going to go this year and check it out, and then be ready for next year when I wanted to bring out a big sound system for a dark full-on sound stage.

Sugar and sand? This shit is trance? A huge art car shaped like a dragon in the middle of the dancefloor protesting psytrance? If that is true, I am soooo curious as to these peoples motives that I'm willing to hunt them down and engage in hand-to-hand combat with a large group of people if I have to.

What could their motives possibly be?

Why would somebody hate psytrance so much as to destroy a setup and/or protest it?
obu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 07:29
I doubt much of that is true also but then again it could be. BM is a lot more than trance, at least to me, it is truely a psychedelic playground. Last year, besides in our own camp, I hardly heard any trance (minus my set at SolSystem and the other camps around that area). And those people seemed to love trance .

To be honest, its about the most fun I've had without trance... it was just pure psychedelic bliss...ahhh.....Wait, thats the point right?

The trance hating is probably just rumors, I agree it would be great to hear more psychedelic trance on the playa but I was really happy with my experience there...And my life revolves around trance

Thats awesome that all the M.o.E's will be there this year, I seriously cannot wait !!
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 08:14
Unless something goes terribly wrong between now and then, I am definitely there with soem people from Montreal. Oh yes           Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 3, 2005 08:32
well, i've never EVER ran into anyone who hates trance at BM, and I've played psytrance there at many different camps every year since 2000. In fact, never got any comments worse than 'I loved your set - what do you call this music?'. I have run into some very irate people who are trying to sleep when someone is blasting the 'boom-boom' in the middle of a residential area at dawn. (personal experience, hehe).

You should definitely come to BM, Bodhi - would love to have you play a set at our camp. It's looking like it's going to be a huge village, with a stage for live tribal bands (Kannal), mucho artwork and visual installations, an interconnected network of domes and our 25kW high-end Yorkville system inside a large dome pumping psytrance all night long. cross yer fingers!

if you'd like a taste of what's to come, check out the Colorado regional burn, Apogaea, which will happen sometime at the end of June/early July. More details soon.
Jeto

Started Topics :  258
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 08:47
I know PsyTribe was there last year...
If they have a setup this year I wish to come.           https://www.djjeto.com
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 14:44
thanx mr.D, I appreciate the offer....
....sounds tempting

Well, If I go, I hope to run in to some of the alleged trance haters.

btw....speaking of regional burns....

http://www.xaraproject.org april 22-25 s. calif

lots of psytrance in the grove stage....
featuring yours truly:)
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 20:24
At Burning Man there's definitely some jestfulness with regards to trance. Nobody's specific about the kind of trance though and I suspect more often than not they're referring to club trance. You can hear psytrance blaring just about everywhere. One of my favorite things is hearing the megaphone people, one year one did a"trance rant", mostly making commentary on trance DJ's. I thought it was hilarious.

Last year it seemed that there wasn't a strong strange attractor to the trance systems. Actually I thought that LA and SF should have joined forces to create a larger system. Instead they were a couple of camps apart, diluting one small dancing lot apart from another. The general rule of thumb is, the bigger the system, the bigger the crowd. It helps to have some decor though, the most attended (aka exciting) systems are massive operations, albiet not much psytrance.

Yo D! are you talking about the Metameme operation this year?

-dz
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 3, 2005 23:49
well, Metameme is a part of it, so is JaggedSound (if you caught Treavor at 13 Moontribe camp on Monday night last year, that was a part of their system) but it's gonna be a lot of Colorado burners coming together to form a huge village.

Random
Random

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 12, 2005 01:05
I'll be there this year . i plan to camp away from the music for a change but i would love to play for whomever would want me. going to be good fun either way. see ya on the playa!           www.geomagnetic.tv/artists/random.html
www.myspace.com/randompsy
www.myspace.com/randomrobot
Cosmos Mariner

Posted : Mar 14, 2005 22:18
the megaphone people were called something like "anti-camp" or whatever, and they just generally heckled everybody.

"trance music is not music" was my favorite line.

as for good systems, yes bigger is better. but deco goes a long way. sol system played crap the whole week, but it was a damn good setup.
          sound is vibration
Cosmos Mariner

Posted : Mar 14, 2005 22:22
Quote:

I hardly heard any trance (minus my set at SolSystem and the other camps around that area). And those people seemed to love trance .

pardon me nick, the music at sol system was crap *except* for your set

also, 2004 was a BOOM year, which i think hurt the psytrance support. i would expect to see more this year if only for that reason.           sound is vibration
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Burning Man plans 2005

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance