konflux
Konflux

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 14, 2005 22:34
Quote:

On 2005-03-03 14:44, Bodhi 13:20 wrote:

btw....speaking of regional burns....

http://www.xaraproject.org april 22-25 s. calif

lots of psytrance in the grove stage....
featuring yours truly:)

do you know who's gonna spin?
is there a party line-up on the website? i could not find it.

myspace.com/konfluxpsy | www.konfluxmusic.net | PsyTribe | Phar Psyde Recs. | Logical Light Recs.

For CD releases:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/search.asp?search_str=konflux
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Mar 14, 2005 22:54
Quote:

On 2005-03-14 22:22, Cosmos Mariner wrote:
pardon me nick, the music at sol system was crap *except* for your set

hey! I played psy at SOL System at sunrise on Saturday morning. Tuesday night was also all psytrance - Spook, Nokturnal from Calgary, and Obu all played that night. But yes, the rest of the time it was mostly crap - except when Tipper and Bassnektar played there - on Thursday night, i think.

cheers
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Mar 15, 2005 09:21
Quote:

On 2005-03-14 22:34, konflux wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-03-03 14:44, Bodhi 13:20 wrote:

btw....speaking of regional burns....

http://www.xaraproject.org april 22-25 s. calif

lots of psytrance in the grove stage....
featuring yours truly:)

do you know who's gonna spin?
is there a party line-up on the website? i could not find it.

here is a generic page of "the lineup", if you want to call it that

http://xara.dusk.org/Projects.htm
UserNameTaken

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 15, 2005 10:12
Last year was my first year at Burning Man, and I AM going again this year. In the end, I was able to find a few pockets of psytrance past 10:00 (BM map geography for those unfamiliar) later in the week, which of course made me super happy. But in general, my music/dance experience at BM was very disappointing. Tons of house and other light fluffy poppy stuff. There are a thousand other reasons to attend Burning Man, absolutely. But if there is going to be a concerted effort to organize something for psytrance freaks like myself, can someone please suggest or inform me of how the hell I can even find out about it once I'm up there amidst the chaos??!? If there IS psytrance at BM this year, I will be there every single day. Promise! Just tell me where and when........
spliffnik
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Mar 15, 2005 12:49
well there are always comical situations with feuding clans on the playa, like when the deathguild people drove their truck into the giant rubber ducky last year, and yes there are the people with mega phones. BM is not always a love peace and everybody lets all be firends place, it can even be a dangerous place to go.
But all in all they are not much more than a comical nuisance, just laugh it off and dont worry about the rumors Bodhi. GO and you will love it, I have been going every year and coming again this year too. I guess it is still early to talk about concrete plans but it is good for us to network and speak with each other now, our crew will be there again with our silver pyramid camp and a soundsystem. I would also play for anyone anytime, lots of fresh music from Japan, if someone wants to hook up just send me a PM. Man I cannot wait, only 171 days left till the new year!!
-bOOm-
spliffnik
m-it brown

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 15, 2005 17:29
[quote]
On 2005-03-03 06:54, Bodhi 13:20 wrote:

What could their motives possibly be?

misguided ones, my friend. You've heard my reviews. I didn't witness any acts of hate or vandalism towards trance, but I did witness a tremendous influx of booty house and breaks. Grrr! Actually, I opened a breaks stage (Woonami, I think) on Monday with psy and got nothing but smiles and thanks on the floor. Unfortunately, I couldn't find psy again until Fri & Sat, even though I knew psytribe was there. They were hidden way out past the end of the universe. This was a huge difference from '02 when I was thankfully saturated with psy.
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 15, 2005 21:11
For the most part, everything is done is jest. That's not to say personal incidents don't happen, 'cause they do. Usually people fucked-up on drugs/alchohol doing something they regret later.

While Deeper in Zen was playing one morning ("the damn merkaba year" for some of you), near the end of his set, I went right up on the podium dressed like Marvin the Martian, complete with (water) ray gun and forced him to play a track (we both collaborated on). During the last part of his set I held the ray gun to his head, occasionally dousing dancers with water.

Gives you an idea of the atmosphere, since no money changes hands, everything is much more relaxed, and shit happens- mostly good, some bad.

-dz
Psyclotron

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 16, 2005 05:25
i agree.. i was there last year and unfortunately it took a while to find the psytribe camp.. i also noticed that many promoters where appart one of each other like "competing" one against the other.. instead why don't you all promoters or whoever is bringin sound systems for psytrance join forces and sound systems and all the energy in one big ass psytrance camp where we can find the gigs in one same place? from dark to full to morning trance? forget about the "dark vs full on" BS let's all DANCE! cause at the end that's what it's all about....           Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 16, 2005 06:42
the times when there was only one psy camp at BM, the music quality wasn't any better than when there were several. only you didn't have any other options, so you kinda had to stick it out through the sets you didn't like or go listen to funky house next door.

OpuS
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 16, 2005 13:42
Can someone here give some basic information on the BM ? i'm planning a trip to the US in a few monthes ...
Isn't there an arranged line up ? like on a flyer or web site or something ? no big artists from abroad ?

I'll be happy if someone give me some info           Follow the footsteps ...

Senka tribe
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Mar 16, 2005 16:49
my question is,

is it possible to get there and back in a week?
i have a new job teaching anatomy and im not sure if i can miss class at all.
so, if yes, then you might see me out there.
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 16, 2005 18:23
yeah, it's possible. you're gonna fly to reno and then get a ride in. pack yer stuff in a container that goes from east coast - i am sure you can find other burners around your area who are sending a container. then just fly out on monday morning after spending sunday night in a hotel, and you'll be back in class on tuesday, fresh as a umm... well.. don't quote me on that.

lil_dunny

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 17, 2005 00:00
i'm definitely planning to go this year.... would love to spend some time with the Mistresses
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jun 21, 2005 22:47
mwah ha ha, we have some tricks up our sleeve and some very special friends coming to visit and partake in the burning man activities with us this year...           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 22, 2005 02:50
mmm... special friends?? who? who??

..it's just another party..
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Burning Man plans 2005
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon