Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Broken Toy- 'Broken Toy' (Alchemy Records, 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Broken Toy- 'Broken Toy' (Alchemy Records, 2005)

Shanegobi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : May 30, 2005 16:52
ooh dear Chris

i hardly think you an expert to be speaking about mastering, wired studios does all our releases and its all supervised by the artist, so its exactly what they want and we are happy to work this way.

I think its just a matter of taste, i dont always like your style of production , but then thats my taste, would not go as far as to say its only good for playing at home though, i think you been a bit out of order, as everyone else seem to love the album and have no problem playing it out.....try it , you may be surprised

Quote:

On 2005-05-20 23:28, EL ES DEE wrote:
Yeah A Full Power album... great mastering on the album and killer track selection .. the names just fit perfectly with the broken tunes

Quote:

On 2005-05-18 02:18, Uncle Bob wrote:
The sounds are very psychedelic and well produced. Hats off to Broken Toy. Anyone who listens on a large system will know exactly what I mean and why I love it.

This is the album of the year to date in my opinion. Good luck topping the quality on this one.

shift
Shift

Started Topics :  38
Posted : May 30, 2005 21:20
look shane,, soory i posted that here,, i guess i should have just old u what i thought myself,,,

anyway,,,, i agree with the setiments that james's production is great and his music is awesome too... BUT THRERE'S NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that the mastering could have been better.. and yes i will play them cos i can alway push the highs up a bit,,,

sorrry about the balagan mate,, - word up to u and u'r label,, but please pay more attention to the tops on your mastering,,.. and i will try to hold my tounge in public
Beast

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 30, 2005 22:09
lololol. . .Just dont write shift. . .dont write. . .pleeeassseee. . .everything that is bad for the sell of the cds is bad to say here in isratrance. . .dont write shift. . .dont write. . .the mastering is the only shit on this release, but please dont writeeeeee. . .you will fuck everything and everyone. . . ( =
. . .Man all the ppl that LISTEN musik, know that 80% of the masterings in psy trance music are the really shit work on the process of releasing cds. . .lolol. . .the same work and process for all the musics in one cd, instead of work music by music, to see what every singular music need to sound good for public listen!
just a bunch of lazy ppl. . .you should LISTEN MUSIC!!!
And for sure in my opinion James have great quality production, but for sure alchemy is like 90% of the labels in the trance world, that just dont got an idea how the real mastering process is. . .but in other hand for sure that mr dj dont want to see his label going back to the ground. . .so alchemy boys. . .try to get some good mastering experts to better a lot your cds that are from great producers. . .
James you know and the ppl know that you are one BIG! . . .teach this guys!
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 31, 2005 23:46
To be honest, I think the production on this is awesome and this release cannot be appreciated fully without it being played on a large system......

Just my opinion, but I think this CD/quality is top notch.

The bassline is like no other........And the rest is slightly subtle, which gives you that rumbling feeling...The one where you catch the wave as it creeps up on you and just when you start to realize what is going on, you have no choice but to groove with it.......

I love Shifts music, but to be honest I completely disagree with his statements....I think if you buy this, you are in for a great ride, especially away from home and on a dancefloor......

And as far as Alchemy records? As a DJ, trancer and consumer, I have never ever been disapointed with anything they have released....They have always released top notch, quality music. I am an Alcehmy fan...

Much love to you Alchemy crew....Thanks for everything.
          assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
Gingo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 3, 2005 20:12
so far best full on album of 2005,
dark and funky, aggressive and emmotioonal, karahana but in good taste. abit too much at some points but good nevertheless.
favs: 1,2,4,5

8/10
RoMa Jr

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 4, 2005 04:17
wicked album, diferent kind of the usual stuff!!
nice one james,twisted african wild psy trance!!
good luck to alchemy..
gAN32h
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 9, 2005 04:27
just me or i was the only one expecting a little more agressive james? like the old days?

I think you been a bad boy...i want to slap you.

Pretty good in the "psycho funky wunky" kinda of style,yeah,indeed no doubt's about it..
I was expecting a more darker atmosphere on the album.           The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist:.
longo.sf

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 14, 2005 04:03
James Copeland got an unique killing full power style.since his releases in 2003 i was waiting his album.for me who am a brazilian what he made with bossa nova in Breakdown Baby that time was awesome.i had 15 years.got reaaally impressed.now he proves me with this album that he worked on his style and improved his production.very different kinda tracks.funkyyy dark.heaaavy psychokilling style.one of my favorites albums forever.
lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jun 14, 2005 21:30
the album is too good, just too good. can't get off of it these days.

on the mastering- i love the fact that the highs are not as cranked up as with other artists; it hurts the ears way less and gives the tracks a more mystical aspect. seriously, this music is for the mind before the body. works great on dancefloors too.
Psy_mystic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 17, 2006 14:42

Does anyone know where the sample for fragile is taken from ? it's driving me mad - i reaally need to find out about this one! any help would be appreciated           "Detox is for queers"
sundrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 17, 2006 20:09
Excellent album!!!

I love psycho bitches + girls and boys

8/10
Broken Toy
Broken Toy

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 21, 2006 07:21
Yo PSy_mystic ,

It`ll drive you mad trying to find it somewhere because you wont find it. I wrote the words and sang it myself.

HOpe that clears it up!

Peace
Jimmy
Psy_mystic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 22, 2006 16:06
I must tell you that it moves something deep inside of me ... man its so powerful!
Trully amazing my friend!
Thank you .

Pavlos           "Detox is for queers"
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 15:05
it is very nice album. im glad to see it again on top of discussion. it has own style and top production. alchemy has bunch of very nice projects and broken toy one of the best among them.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
psykadu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Jun 29, 2006 19:30
very good cd.

i like it.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Broken Toy- 'Broken Toy' (Alchemy Records, 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance