Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Broken Toy- 'Broken Toy' (Alchemy Records, 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Broken Toy- 'Broken Toy' (Alchemy Records, 2005)

DJSarasin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 13, 2005 14:05
James Copeland........ex member of Damage.

from SA.

SuPeR MiA
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Apr 13, 2005 20:40
Quote:

On 2005-04-13 14:05, DJSarasin wrote:
James Copeland........ex member of Damage.

from SA.

:-)

WHAT?????/ :)
groovypato
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 14, 2005 19:46
well
heard the album a couple times, and will listen more just to be sure of my opinion...
in advance, is a good album, the tracks have very nice groovy and kicks... but it´s not the music that takes the best of me... i dunno, something is missing. Will listen to it more times to check if the problem were my ears or not! Anyway, very good work, can´t wait to check Alchemy Records tour in Brazil (June/05) !!!!

boom
jhanna
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Apr 15, 2005 00:05
Quote:

On 2005-04-14 19:46, groovypato wrote:
well
heard the album a couple times, and will listen more just to be sure of my opinion...
in advance, is a good album, the tracks have very nice groovy and kicks... but it´s not the music that takes the best of me... i dunno, something is missing. Will listen to it more times to check if the problem were my ears or not! Anyway, very good work, can´t wait to check Alchemy Records tour in Brazil (June/05) !!!!

boom

well i respect ur opinion, but i must say this album is incredible, i love this guy, has provided us with a superb album, something thats not common these days, groovy as hell. i agree it lacks something. its called cheese and can be found in many releases, including chemical crew's "new" damage. Go James!!!! this is an incredible and blasting intelligent , innovative and what more can i say , simply mindblowing!!!!!

congratulations , hope i can catch ur live sometime.
lokus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 15, 2005 22:33
well i´m a bit disappointed about the album...
i really was a broken toy fan but something has changed in his music.
i expexted more like his older tracks
for example "spanking season" and "the zine family"
still two of the best tracks ever for me...
some melodies and elements in his album sound a bit cheesy to me.
its for sure a dancefloor killer and i like it but i expected much more.

peace           - last possible solution
- trick music
- ambivalent records
myspace.com/lokuz

ps: y trance?
Leenuz
Leenuz

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 21, 2005 11:00
Super album....not to commersial like everything else nowdays!
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 18:14
very very impressive cd...good review mate!
Babube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 18:49
very nice album!
I like it´s originality, but sometimes has too many electro influences for my taste

8/10
Shanegobi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 13:22
very nice reviews...pretty spot on

flavouredmoksh

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 1, 2005 13:28
banger of an album
wot a cd!! james, you take it all..
psycho bitches and toys just wanna have fun

If purple monkeys weren't meant to fly then why do i only see them when I'm high?
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : May 1, 2005 20:51
is was ok. Not really what i had hoped for coming from James.

Too me the idea's sounded alot like Void, only more mature and grown up

not what i would have expected from Alchemy and Broken Toy

6.5/10
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 18, 2005 02:18
I have to disagree with you on the disappointment factor Lawrence.......Although I do agree, it is not what I expected (I was looking for the darker sound), I cannot say I am dissapointed.

In fact, I would say pleasantly surprised. I have had this in my CD player since Thursday and don't want to stop listening.....The beats thump nastily! The sounds are very psychedelic and well produced. Hats off to Broken Toy. Anyone who listens on a large system will know exactly what I mean and why I love it.

This is the album of the year to date in my opinion. Good luck topping the quality on this one.           assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : May 20, 2005 23:28
Yeah A Full Power album... great mastering on the album and killer track selection .. the names just fit perfectly with the broken tunes            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : May 24, 2005 20:54
great album, worth all the wait and anticipation i might have had. keep exploring man!
shift
Shift

Started Topics :  38
Posted : May 30, 2005 10:12
good tunes james! - a nice one from the psychofunk master!!! i have been waiting for a long time for this and so this is why i ahve to say what i must say next...

its such pitty about the terrible mastering job,,, sounds good for home but i have to crank the highs up to play it out!! - comon alchemy!!!!! when u gonna get some better mastering?? - these tunes should have sounded crystal clear,,, instead its like a wet blanket over some of the tracks... sorry but its blown a great album of music into my "play only at home" section

if ur a fan of broken toy then dont let this stop u from buying it,, cos the music is worth it - but i really get miffed with all the lazy mastering around these days when the tools and expertise is there to make it perfect

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Broken Toy- 'Broken Toy' (Alchemy Records, 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance